Who here fell for the student loan meme?

Let's have a non-crypto thread for once.
How many of us fell for the biggest and most predatory bullshit of our generation, (((student loans)))?

Have 32k of this shit.

Yup. I don't even look at the balance anymore. Tens of thousands. Good thing I got that philosophy degree though...

fucking libtards voted for Shillary over Bernie in the primaries.

go thank your SJWs that u continue to get raped by colleges

Got stuck with about £15k student loans for a master's degree.

In fact the full price of the degree was about £20k + £15k rent / living costs for a 1 year degree.

Waste of fucking money.

HAHAHAHA STUPID BURGER EDUCATION IS FREE HERE
AND I ONLY HAVE TO PAY 1,3% TAXES
AND I CAN BUY HOOKERS AND DRUGS WITH MY GAINS OMG

I didn't because I don't live in a third world country.

I did. Haven't paid them a penny so far and it's been years.

Have 25k. Feelsbadman. My sister has over 100k because she got a masters at Oxford in what basically amounts to underwater basket weaving kek. So it could be worse for me.

Got a good job straight out of college. Paid off all my student loans in 6 months. Software development for the win fellas. Pro tip, live with your parents for an extra year. Currently net worth debt free, could pay my new car off tomorrow if I wanted and have 10k left. I did have a smaller amount than most I think, 32k. Not here to brag, just letting you know how I did it OP

I live in a developed country... so ehm, which student loans?

your mom's basement is not a country, faggot

£24k undergraduate, £10k postgraduate (£34k in total).

Have to pay 9% of salary over £21k. Will take a few years to pay it off.

Should have just worked until a company is willing to sponsor your master

no because i dont fall for memes, except for maybe LINK, but that remains to be seen

120k from undergrad + grad

Have a good job but this shit is turrible

At least I'm not Dutch

So what happens exactly if you default on student loans? Won’t you end up owing more in the long run?

Fell for it, dropped out halfway through college and worked for a year and a half to pay it all back. Then worked for a little longer to get some crypto capital

mine was £10k, 1.5% interest rate. no big deal

i had my company sponsor my masters after doing an internship with them (and had to work for them full time for at least 2 yrs otherwise i'd have to pay some if it back to them). but companies are getting less generous when it comes to this

College is a debt trap in north America degrees are not as valuable as they once were.

It is real and it is the Netherlands

kankermongool

Student loans are immortal. They wil;l get their money from you or your loved ones even if you fucking die.

they'll garnish your wages, they'll hunt you down anyway they can.

You need to basically flee the country and never come back if you want to get out of them

Student loans are one of the factors that will lead the bubble to burst.

They're gaining interest every month, so yeah. However I only need to pay them back when I officially earn over a certain amount. If I make it I'll fuck off somewhere and get a foreign / offshore bank account. Fuck them.

That's what I did, and I don't feel bad about it. America is done anyway.

i hope it fucking does.

"guaranteed loans" are such a fucking trap. It's disgusting

dude just don't pay it back lol

nice. just bought 100k

>he doesn't even know what devos has been doing

I have about 10k, all subsidized. Probably gonna lump pay it all when I sell some land I own so I can be totally debtless.

this. at some point they will realise that none of the liberal arts students will be able to pay back their loans

i think about it every day. Thankfully I work in an industry that I can work in internationally.

I got a BS in psych after i convinced myself i was either going to go into criminal justice or therapy one day. It wasnt until right after i graduated did i realize "wow this is stupid" so i went back to grad school for a masters in Human factors and got a job in usability research.

t. user experience.

MSc Physiotherapy
Great job but I'd rather not work obviously

The concept of freedom is so foreign to Burgers that they think it's actually impossible AHAHHAH
>>Barely pay taxes on crypto gains
>>Can legally purchase, grow and smoke weed and other drugs
>>Prostitution is actually legal
>> No student debt, government covers everything as long as I graduate

Burgers really don't realize how bad they have it, do they?

Is it even worth to get a degree nowdays? I'm 18 and will graduate high school this year. Any protips on what to do next? I'm thinking about getting a job to keep investing in crypto or should I rather go study? Fuck I don't know what to do

>Burgers really don't realize how bad they have it, do they?

nope. blame republicans

>student loan has 0.625% interest rate
>government pays off 40% of it if you graduate on time
>don't need to pay for tuition or anything so free to invest student loan into crypto
Who comfy Scandinavian student here?

do you have any friends or family that can get you in for a trade orn skill based job?

My uncle told my cousin if he wanted to put off college thats fine but he's learning property management while he decides if college is his thing.

Real estate seems pretty decent now that the bubble is over, but i dont know much about the industry

>They wil;l get their money from you or your loved ones even if you fucking die.
False, federal loans are discharged if you die or even if you become sufficiently incapacitated
If you went with some (((private))) lender though, who knows what contract you signed

Just paid my 12k debt and havent even graduted yet, lmao my 7th year.

Scandinavian countries are playing the long term game, investing in their students future and STEM field instead of scaring them away with insane debt

Studying a semi-viable field is WAAAAAAAAY better an investment than going into crypto. You can't just live of crypto. You also need to build towards something that actually has a practical and useful skill. Just go into compsci/software engineer/blockchain expert type stuff if that's your interest. Don't forget to have other hobbies on the side like philosophy books or guitar or whatever.

this pretty much only exists in Canada and the USA for the most part, its crazy how cheap it is in europe, even free in some countries, giving everybody an equal chance, in America it's either the wealthy get schooled or you enslave yourself to whatever system you are schooling yourself into, because you'll be in debt for the next decade+

>never paid a penny for education in my whole life
>about to graduate with honours from a top 20 worldwide university

Who comfy Scottish student here?

""""Conservative"""" talk radio hosts actually have the base hoodwinked into believing it's their moral imperative to give all their money to bankers and businessmen.

Worked at the University out of high school in the mailroom. Use the employee tution fee wavier, $3 dollars a unit.
Pro tip, get a job at uni and your education is free.

I guess they don't text youthat in high school.
Pretty well known in CA, all the pajeets take remedial jobs in IT until they graduate.
Student pay is also $15 an hour and you can take up to 2 classes on company time
Keep talking Shi about California, we already free college, in a sense.

(Pic related)

Nice, bought 100k.

Actually 40k currently. I'm so broke I'm negative.

took out a 2k loan to pay for pharmacology degree. its not that bad. i wanted to take more out but passed.

way easier than working and school st the same time and making it out with almost-perfect grades, whereas at least youre establishing academic stability.

Oh nice i was misinformed

>80k+ job
>No degree
>Bought house in desireable area during recession.
>No student loans

Feeling pretty comfy.

Have 20k currently but it helped me get an 80k starting salary so worth it imo

Our president wants to know why we don't get more Norwegian immigrants.
Like why aren't you guys running for dear life from all that horribly affordable health care and education?

$0

Own my own pest control biz
Doing $200k a year in revenue

23k left and I'm flipping burgers.

I wanna kms every day

I'm jealous of you fuckers
30k in federal loan
100k in private

I'm only paying back the federal right now because after 120 payments to remainder gets discharged

The other one I think I'm gonna wait until I die

>Scandinavian countries are playing the long term game

Yep that's why they'll be replaced by Somalians and Iraqis in a few decades time

fuck bed bugs. I live in chicago and we are known as one of the worst cities for bed bugs and i got that shit. It took over almost a month to take care of it.

I was living out of god bags bc the little fuckers WERE LIVING IN THE FUCKING WALL

100k to learn that she has to leave her job for primate IQ negress

>Needing a masters to do UX

Holy shit I even forgot about affordable healthcare, how's that in NA?

Yeah that's what's happening

I'm well aware of that my dude, but i had zero design experience or background in it.

At the time the bootcamps werent nearly as good and my school was known for its placement and network building. I was hired immediately after grad school.

But yeah i know i wish i didnt.

>got my entire education paid for
>still couldnt find a job after graduating

not sure how to feel

Yep. Had to. If i hadn't taken out loans i would not have been able to attend uni, without my degree i would not have been able to qualify for my job.

I think i have about 10k left but i haven't checked the balance in a while. Crypto and weed stocks may allow me to eliminate that within the year. I want to keep as much capital involved in investments as possible during these boom periods so it depends how much i make whether or not paying off student loans in one shot makes sense.

Health care should never be private, as we can see muricans are paying 5x the europeans cause insurances price sky rocket.

Education is tougher one, private could work but currently too the education cost in usa (basically a major scam) is super high, killing the whole economy of one generation. The young kids just arent smart enough not to go to college over there, they are scammed by everybody to take the debt.

Anyone else here have parents that loved them that took on their debt? My family makes only $50k in debt and took care of my engineering debt

18k to go...

they give us the illusion of freedom. Hey at least we have guns right? A lot of people in the US haven't traveled much, they think guns + religion + large swath of land + political rhetoric is the end all be all of freedoms.

They want the poor to die without realizing they are the poor.

just wage slave it off LOOOOOOOOOOL

please don’t tell me anons your parents knew that debt you were going through and chose not to help you, please don’t tell me you’re
>unloved

Lul, what were you guys thinking? Did you think you were going to land a six digit job and pay it off quickly or something? Were you pressured by your parents?

Most of them are already starting to default.
Give it 2-3 years and 70% of loans will fail since most liberal arts students end up with useless PHD's and no job experience.

Lol, yep.

That's why I signed up for WCEX's ICO where you can get 50 tokens worth 5USD that pay you based on the exchanges fees plus 15% bonus on the tokens you buy here: rebrand ly/wcxth42d0

Got a B.S. in psych. As I was finishing a swarm of professors told me that getting a master's in HR would be a good financial decision. My boomer parents agreed. Tons of jobs, and tons of money they said.

Took on 50k debt at 7%.

After graduating I spent 2 years applying, calling people, etc. No job.

Ended up waiting tables. I will never pay 1 dollar of this debt.

Once again thanks American University and College system. Well aware of the con and still pushing it harder than ever.

$8k here.
Just going to pretend it doesn't exist since its only 4% annual.
Some day several years from now when I don't have as much important shit to worry about I'll take care of it.
Plus if I negotiate well enough with them, I might even get enough knocked off to counteract the accumulated interest. Never forget to negotiate.

>flee the country

I might

>phds
lmao most libs get a bachelors

I'm swimming in it. I have around 50k of this shit but I went for comp sci and have a decent job right now so it could be worse I feel sorry for the normans who went for feminist tap dance theory and are wage cucking at McDonalds for minimum wage. I started investing in crypto hoping that I'll hop on a moon mission that can help pay my loans off.

I wish they had it so your interest rate was determined by what major you chose. Lib arts students are the least likely to be able to pay it back, so it's the highest risk -> should get highest rates.

Why anyone would want to touch student loan (especially for a shit degree) is beyond me.

I mean I studied undergrad for free in Japan so I can't say much, but it sounds like a shitty idea.

Nope, between scholarships and my own business, I am two semesters in(including the one I just started) and am 100% debt free.

>flee the country
Wouldn't interpol come after you?
Wait, just realized Taiwan isn't a member of interpol, brb learning Chinese

literally just NINJA loans for people who cant afford to fall for housing debt. 08-09 is nothing compared to whats coming for you stupid kids

I have a decent career now and still loathe my student loans . It's going to take me forever to pay off my 70k loan even with my 85k job.

Got more than $30k in loan.
Got a job with the education and paid off debt in a few years. No complaints here.
If you went into debt to get an education that doesn't make you money, then that is your mistake.

Sergey detected

I paid mine off with crypto gains but I still fucking hate that I had to use 20k of my gains to get rid of it.

Got about 50k. Don't even care desu. Interest is currently 0 (ZERO) % and I don't even have to start paying it back for another 6 years. Will probably pay it all off in one go.

just glad I dropped out 4 times to limit this disaster to 26k

risk mitigation bitch

Poor enough to have fasfa pay off everything
Use scholarship money in crypto
Comfy

Yeah if some chemist figures out a way to handle bedbugs easily and conveniently they will be a billionaire for sure

Debt? What is that?
I got electrical engineering degree without debt.
First, I went to community college (6k/year) got an associates degree, got a part time job in the college, got financial aid grants some of the time, got some scholarships, got into some other program that paid for school. At some point I had a job at UPS as a package handler that would have paid for my school but I quit.

Anyways, similarly with the rest of my undergrad, debt free.

not yet. i need a plan for how to avoid it whether that be going to a cheap university or whatever

oh and ...I was living with my mom for most of it, which I enjoyed...

didn't fall for it—though, almost everyone i knew was telling me that i needed to go to college or university as soon as possible after high school
i was a walking corpse at the time, and it made me feel like it was all over when my parents didn't fucking care at all that my health was declining rapidly, but they wanted me to bury myself in debt and buy into fucking classes that i wouldn't be able to be at all attentive in, just so that i could fail and then wind up living with them again
now, after the fact, it pisses me off to no end that they couldn't get their priorities straight, and in the six years that they had the opportunity, took me to a doctor maybe three times
unbelievably stupid fucking retards

i told other people at the time that getting a student loan was a bad idea, but understandably, they wanted to get on with life
some of them were going to college to participate in social justice BS, and were getting a (((student loan))) to do so
lol

your school cost less than 6k/ year

Oh and the university for finishing the bachelors was about 8-9k per year, the university with the highest return on your payments, oregon tech

Trades. 20 years IT architecture and the plumber I just paid 60k to repipe my 4plex makes more than me. A friend from HS started plumbing co retired at 40 lives in HI. Just asked me about crypto yeah he is gonna make it 2x.

Joined military early 20s, got out after 4 years, went to school free, no debt from managing my money will in and after military, own my own house, new car, hot girl I’m marrying soon and now almost a millionaire from crypto gains and working a comfy job even if crypto goes to zero tomorrow (took out my principle last month). Debt free happy life. Feel bad for some of these losers in here that started with fucked lives and fucked them even further with bad choices

I took a student loan to buy gpus.
Just because of the low interest