What should i study Veeky Forums ?

Im 20 and i don't know what to study biz, what can i do? I want a job that allows me to work abroad and isn't so boring

I was thinking about getting an Economics Degree but i don't know to be honest, maybe i can work in some engineering stuff? Technology maybe?

It would be nice to work in Tokyo or some other place

im gonna hijack this, same case, turning 20 in not even a month

accounting

Hey all,
You're all welcome in Xaviers school..
stocks, crypto, alt investing ideas.

no gimics
discord.me/xavier

Study my dick.

I don't like accounting

What other stuff can i do?
Is it bad an Economic degree if i want to work abroad?

Maybe IT?

I don't know

It's better to work and invest rather than study, BUT you will regret on being stupid later. Study what you desire most because your life is terribly short, and love/money/friends/ and in some cases family won't always bring you happiness, knowledge will :)

nobody gives a shit about uni here,

learn crypto or stay poor

not gonna lie, an economics degree is a waste. Just get something in engineering, but minor in econ. Everyone I know with econ degrees make shit money, and engineering degrees do whatever the fuck they want plus do investing and crypto.

Also remember that prestige used to mean "to pretend"

security and intelligence

If you study technology hardware/software, you will be ready for the future no matter what

Studying is ok if you go to the right place and make connections. Job should be temporary, if you still work for somebody in your 30s you are certified normie.

Acquire capital first.

pro tip: passive income is best (partnerships, real estate, digital assets, etc.). Get dat juicy free time to do whatever you want later on.

I'm graduating in Economics this semester. This shit is so fucking boring but you can get through with mixed math and writing skills.

Wouldn't do that again though.
Top100 uni - still you don't have to do shit. But it's in Europe, so you don't pay for it.

Econ major is a meme. If u want a econ phd do math instead. Else do comp sci or some lucrative engineering degree. Oyherwise dont even bother

Go into tech and if possible combine it with something like chemistry or medicine

Yes but i DONT KNOW WHAT TO STUDYYYYYYYYYY I DONT KNOW WHAT I LIKE I DON'T KNOW AND IM FUCKING 20 YEARS AND TIME IS RUNNING OUT FOR ME FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK

engineering in what?

I would like something that allows me to study abroad or something, experimental stuff sounds cool

Chill. The truth is, nobody knows what they're doing.
Apart from those fags that have their future planned by their parents and few masterminds.

this desu, 25 here, decided to not continue my Master degree to trade crypto, getting insanely rich. I don't even give a fuck about uni anymore

Study finance and do the technology track and pursue a job in investment banking. Apply for internships each summer. Make bank out of college and get fat bonuses each year and travel to meet clients.

Don’t go to university dummy particularly not in the us

>pays 100k to hear balding old white men apologize for being white and to get heckled by other bald old white men for wearing a suit

If you feel the need to go to uni go to school somewhere like Thailand where an international student can get a business degree by paying $300 a semester

Engineering in something sounds cool, maybe experimenting with stuff or something

Ughh i don't know i always thought i liked Economics but i did one year and i seems so boring

I want something a little more "manual"

please help im dying inside

Terrible advice, user. You need a backup plan. Glad you made it though. Not everyone will. My goal is to save/make at least 400k, invest in solid, medium-risk eft portfolio earning 20%, and live off gains.

Umi listen the fuck up. CS or engineering. Get an internship asap. Profit.

oil service company

Please go back
You need to go back
We don’t want you here

You’re a fag

kek. Enjoy your parent's basement. I'm planned ahead years ago, am under 30, and am set for life.

Op if you actually go to university please never come back here we don’t need you shitting up our LINK threads with the gay

You’re a fucking faggot. What coins do you even own? Any? Probably not. MUH ETFS. Why are you here? I’ve already made several 10x gains. Fuck college and fuck being a NORMIE REEE

you mean computer science? that is one option that im thinking about, it seems cool because you can work worldwide and that is what im looking for and there is plenty of job

BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT IM NOT A FUCKING COMPUTER PRO OR SOMETHING I MEAN I LIKE COMPUTER AND STUFF BUT I DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT PROGRAMING STUFF AND IM NOT A FUCKING NERD SO I DON'T KNOW IF THAT WOULD SUIT FOR ME

engineering in what?some science stuff would be nice i dont knowWWW

REEEEEE

i think there is nothing that i really really like to study

fucking useless i am

PUT YOUR COLLEGE SAVINGS IN FUN FAIR OR GET OFF MY BOARD

I DONT LIVE IN THE FUCKING USA WHERE I NEED TO TAKE A 100000000TRILLON LOAND TO STUDY

FUCK FUCKKKKKKKK

MY BRAIN IS MELTING I NEED AN ASWERRRRRRR

I SEE NO FUTURE FOR MEEE

REEEEEEEEE

learn to suck dick

yo op, turned 21 yesterday and am currently in the appliation process for dutch universities to study psychology. I studied economics 1 year in germany and it was shit. Its basically applied maths but with very little emphasize on real human behavior and biases. If you really cant get your eyes off numbers and basically get a math degree with less valuation, go for it but take a good college/university, otherwise you will feel depressed.

ETH, XMR, and a few altcoins. Fuck you poor faggot. Made x10 last month, and invest in both the stock market and crypto. Just because you're a failure doesn't mean you should lead others down you're pathetic path.

Finance, helps you gets roasties.

Finishing an Econ undergrad degree this year and from talking to employers and by doing my own research on the job market, you can’t get a job as an “economist” or “economic analyst” without Econ masters at a minimum.

Econ undergrad holds as much weight as any other soc sci or lib arts degree (next to nothing)

Since it’s quite easy though, I’m just cruising to a 4.0 while investing on the side and will get into a top school for the masters (im in Canada), where I will be given a good internship to help me get the first job. Work that job for a bit and accrue my capital on the side and try to retire by ~35

Tldr: just read Econ books if it interests you, going for the undergrad is useless unless you are going to also do the masters at a good school with good internships

OP PLEASE LISTEN TO ME NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT IN THIS THREAD!!

Study with Finance, Economics, or Computer Science.

All other degree are memes except those three. IF you want, you could try to do a double major or a dual degree. But only do one of those listed above. Trust me, you will thank me later in life.

Lmfao you seriously only have ethereum and monero? No LINK? That’s normie tier. Seriously get off of this board

It depends on the tier of your school.
If you’re going to an Ivy League school or another high ranked school where people can get jobs at good finance firms (think GS, etc), go for it. Also make sure the jobs they are getting are along the lines of Investment Banking Analyst, Sales and Trading, etc. GS tech or other support roles doesn’t count

If not, I would major in CS. That’s what I did, came in as Econ, realized it wasn’t gonna go well for me unless I got a 4.0 and became class president and got into Harvard Business School or some shit, so I studied CS, which is actually incredibly interesting and overlaps with many cool parts of Econ.

I would go for being more technical if your math skills are strong. If you get a 4.0 and are class president and all that shit anyway, you can get the same job in banking as someone with an Econ degree coming out of CS

I was thinking about Economics as i sad, i did one year and i don't know if it really interests me that much

I mean what the fuck an economist does in daily jobs? It seems boring as hell i don't know

Computer science is something hat im thinking because a lot of people work abroad and technology would be still good in the future

BUT I DONT KNOW I DONT SEE MYSELF AS I ALWAYS SAW PEOPLE WHO STUDIED COMPUTER STUFF IM NOT A SUPER COMPUTER NERD

AHGGGGGG

>working for GS
Sorry sweetie um skrry they don’t hire white men

Economists study data using econometrics and compile reports for high management. Not a ton of upward mobility in that field though. Can’t be the chief economist without phd. Much better to try and get more into the investment/analysis side of it which is still possible with Econ undergrad and appropriate training/networking .

If ur looking for an easy program that still keeps ur prospects of working in those sectors, Econ is a great pick

Also the great thing about CS is it enables you to fail without taking a huge drop in expected salary like if you can’t break in to investment banking. I got a 2.3 GPA in college and I make six figures, live in SF, etc.

If the market goes bad you can just keep downgrading to progressively worse jobs, it’s like accounting, everyone needs code to be maintained at nearly every big business.

And if something in your life really goes to shit where getting a job is out of the question, you can always sell your work on elance or become a low level computer criminal

With Econ it’s basically like you either make it, and that requires a high GPA and a good network, or you get relegated to a job that pays much less and just sucks. I think if I stuck with Econ, and got a 2.3, I would have had trouble getting a job after school. My friend who did that gave up and became a massage therapist, no joke. His original ambition was to be a derivatives trader

I’d like to imagine you’re writing this in an office somewhere, wearing tight numale dress slacks or jeans (remember, chad said you can’t dress TOO formally) that double as a Chastity belt, trying to figure out your clever little reply before - wait for it- STACE comes to your desk to inform you that your firms portfolio isn’t reaching its 7% per year return that shekelstein needs. She plops on your desk 100 articles about how to check your privilege, alas, cucked again. As you boil over with rage, my lucious neckbeard grows as quickly as returns on my REQ, I chuckle to myself and reminisce over how terrible is the life of a wagecuck

get an CS or Electrical Eng degree. Im an elec eng. You get a little bit of coding (2-3 courses) and you can choose between office job or hands on job. It's hard, but everything worthwhile requires effort

YEAH THE THING IS THAT I DON'T WANT TO SPEND MY ALL FUCKING LIFE STUDYING SOMETHING

HERE WHERE I LIVE I WOULD HAVE TO STUDY 5 YEARS ECONOMICS DEGREE AND THEN 3 MORE YEARS FOR A MASTER AND MAYBE 2 MORE FOR SOME OTHER STUFF

AND I WOULD BE LIKE 35 ALREADY AND MY LIFE WOULD BE OVER BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE ALREADY COMMITED SUICIDE BC OF DEPRESION

Yes so don’t go to university if you don’t want to be a cuck

Idk where the rest of biz is nobody here who actually belongs here will ever recommend you go to uni

Study whatever youre interested in faggot. Can't get simpler than that

Then wtf should i do? Crypto bubble isnt going to last forever lol, stocks maybe? but i would like to DO SOMETHINGGG IN UNII

Besides uni where i live isn't that expensive or is it free so it doesn't bother me

Either invest in crypto and get over muh tulips meme or get off of Veeky Forums

If you suck at it then practice and get good.

I dont know i might give it a chance i don't know anything about Computer science or Java or anything to be honest

Neither economics so fuck

You'll be scorned, but when your passion demands you a path you need to embrace it.

Check Coursera. You can join free courses and even earn (useless) titles. But some courses are very similar to what you would study in an engineering. Or better said, what they used to be, I haven't checked it in years. I knew there were others for economy, but I don't know if they're good or not.