BTC Lightning Network thoughts

How will this implementation affect the pricing, and when do you think it will happen?

BCASH thots/niggers go to hell

1. it will tank BTC
2. it will pump LTC

btc will be 1 million with the day

lol no

it'll tank the entire alt market and pump btc once it's properly implemented. BTC is stagnate right now because of the uneasiness about its technology. Once its issues are resolved, this shit is going to the MOON.

It will take us to the moon by the end of year

2018 is going to be a great year for crypto. It is the year of the dog too, so I expect great gains in Dogecoin and Verge XVG.

>once it's properly implemented.
Can't happen with 1 mb settlements blocks

It will increase buyer confidence in BTC for exchanging, so LTC would probably suffer since I use LTC just to transfer payments across exchanges. If BTC or ETH is better, then I won't bother using LTC for that.

>thinking normies will want to open a checking account with every business they do service at
>thinking normies will want to lock away funds on the LN before being able to spend money
>thinking any of this is user friendly

LN is just more crypto vaporware.

Bullish.

>muh teraybte blocks

neck yourself shitcash holder

BEGONE THOTS!

CEO of Lightning Labs is a woman. That is all you need to know.

>muh arguments
You are computer illiterate nigger, sir. Please go mind your own business. Thi is tech discussion.

I don't think you know what vaporware means

Why ask a question, if you can't handle the answer?

>Please go mind your own business. Thi is tech discussion.
of course you'd know fucking pajeet tech support scum

>I don't think you know what vaporware means

okay I admit that I stretched the defintion a bit. LN may in fact launch but it won't be the savior everyone is looking for, so in the sense the product people are hoping to get does not exist.

How many bitcoin users do you think will use LN?

BEGONE IS NOT A QUESTION, NOW BEGONE!

>>thinking normies will want to open a checking account with every business they do service at
>>thinking normies will want to lock away funds on the LN before being able to spend money
>>thinking any of this is user friendly

That's not how it works you berk. You only open one channel, it will seem just like a wallet as far as the end user is concerned.

thx user, i ll add that shit to my blacklist

>Segwitcoin, dump it

How you niggers even get into crypto? Srsly?

Thanks. Just sold 10k.

How many bitcoin users do you think will use LN after release?

Can you niggers bring a number? Do you have some guess how many users have bitcoin wallet and want to use LN? Some feel?

drugs

probably the same number as people who have wallets, its conceivable there wont be a difference between opening a channel and loading your wallet

The idea is that one day 95+% of transactions will be conducted offchain. The blockchain will only be used for settlement and large transactions.

twitter shilled me trx

So, how many? 10 users? 100? Million, 10 mil, 100 mil?

Bring me a fucking number. How many, do you feel, there are bitcoin users today?

You want to know how many Bitcoin users there are?

Well there are approximately 715,000 active addresses per day.

>Can you niggers bring a number? Do you have some guess how many users have bitcoin wallet and want to use LN? Some feel?

End-users have no incentive to use LN or Bitcoin for regular transactions because it offers no value over cash or card.

Businesses almost have an incentive to use LN/Bitcoin for transactions because they pay 2-3% fees to Visa. However Visa is credit while LN is debit. So they have no technical reason to support LN adoption either. The only reason they would want to support Bitcoin is because of the novelty factor to get some extra customers.

IDK, how many BTC users are there? probably that many

>but user you need larger blocks for Lightning

maybe, or maybe you need a 3rd layer, but sacrificing personal validation for SPV trust is not the way

So, how many user do you think will use LN?
>that many
How many, sir?

Bitcoin can handle ~300 000 transactions per day. With full blocks and no transactions besides LN settlements it'l take ~100 days for 30 mil users to open LN channel. For 300 mil users it tales several years. Bitcoin already have full blocks, so there will be huge demand for millions additional transactions for onchain settlements after release of LN.
LN network need to reset channels and to close channels. All the settlements will lead to really mad fee competition, since not in time settled LN channel can lead to lost users funds. It's what simple

major alt blood if they release it soon, but if not, alts will peel off enough of btc's dominance that it won't be such a big deal

*facepalm* no one wants to use Bitcoin/lightning, it works in certain areas because its more efficient, it doesnt matter how many people want or dont want it, it works or it doesnt

>it doesnt matter how many people want or dont want it
It does.

If there is an efficiency it does not, the people who use it will compete and breed and the people who dont will be poor and die, financial darwinism sir

World is poor, so there is no room for bitcoin with 1 mb block size in crypto space, sir. Userbase will migrate to something less retarded and will pay to bitcoin address with litecoins thru LN.

>So, how many user do you think will use LN?
0. or close to that number.

If the efficiency is there then thats what people do

dubs deceive.

connivence > efficiency