Is laser eye surgery a good investment?

Anyone got stories of getting it done (or things going bad)? Was reading how some millionaires were getting it done on the off chance apocalypse happens (no glasses).

Mainly just wondering if its legit, my eyes are soso, but not sure its worth chance of going blind.

Buy mco and u be nigga rich

why did you buy this shit? jesus h christ

Chances are you'll have to do it again after a couple of years.

> investment

Buy 10k link, wait 2 years, buy new robotic eyes with x-ray vision. This shit is too easy

It is worth it. 3000€ and you don’t need glasses anymore. In long run you only save money.

This desu. I got it done at 20 and I needed glasses again 7 years later. I actually have free touch ups but the surgery was so horrible I keep putting it off.

*just* 3000 euros haaaaaa holy fuck just get some lenses

>buy glasses for $200 a pair max
>if your vision doesn’t change, you only have to buy 1 in your entire life
>if your vision changes a lot, you will end up with maybe buying 5 pairs
do the math retard

I've had a few friends do it.

If it's done from a reputable place its a very good investment. Especially since the reputable places usually have lifetime warranties. Over time you will always need reading glasses as you age but in terms of right now, you'll have amazing vision and no, contrary to popular belief most people don't actually have to do it again but there are cases where indeed you would have to (hence it's good to have lifetime warranty). Over here it costs about 2.5k per and the process takes about 10 mins total with basically 0 pain. The only scary part is you do lose vision in the eye for about 20 seconds as the procedure is done.

No better investment than smth that improves your quality of life and even 5k is nothing for a wagecuck making minimum.

Do you live in pajeetland if glasses are so cheap there?

Small chance but your eyes could revert back to before lasik.
Also I've been told that the correction makes it corrected more like glasses; most of vision fine but no effect on the furthest edge, than contacts where your entire field is corrected.
Can't say firsthand though.

>10 min total
Yeah the surgery itself takes 10 minutes but than you have 1.5 weeks of not being able to open your eyes without extreme pain.

i live in the netherlands
glasses without cylinder costs even less

Lasik is about an hour's discomfort. Lasek/prk is about 3-5 days of suck depending on your tolerance. I got Lasik since I don't expect myself to be in situations (sports,etc) where the flap on the eye could potentially be disturbed (lifted, requiring a fix. But that should be rare even)

>maybe 5
I've had 15 different pairs since I first got glasses.
After insurance it's usually that amount for me for frames that don't look like a pedophile or a hipster. That's not including the fee to be seen by an optometrist.

hold your phone too close to your eyes and you’ll have to go through 15 pairs yeah

I'm leaning towards the ICL - implanted contact lens - seems safer, and UV light resistant

What are the chances of getting blinded? My vision is not too bad but this seems like a good thing if it's not too risky.

I didn't own a cell phone until 3 years ago.
Even if I did, that's a symptom not a cause of your eyes going worse.

Do one eye at a time and that way if you lose sight you get money and can still enjoy life with tunnel vision

how can you live with the fact that there are flaps on your cornea that will literally never heal, for the rest of your life?

> I don't expect myself to be in situations (sports,etc) where the flap on the eye could potentially be disturbed

You don't control things that may or may not happen to you, like getting into a car crash or being a victim of a knock-out game

PRK is much safer. LASIK is shit mean for the impatient.

zennioptical.com is pretty nice if you're not super picky

I had it done, no regrets. Pretty amazing.

>not knowing about zenni optical
Dumping my chink savings in to crypto

No one has ever gone completely blind from lasik but rarely people have had their vision get worse.

haven't done it yet but this is my exact reasoning

Laser Eyes on the Blockchain, a startling New ICO

This. I got PRK done from a place that started doing it when it first came out. It cost twice what the other places charged but you can get halos and night blindness easily with cheap lasik.

had it done maybe 12 years ago in Canada. They did a good job, no complaints

Fucking this kek. Sure is reddit in here.

I did it- kicked ass at first, best thing I'd ever done. Started "wearing off" after about 3 years, driving at night sucks bad. Might have to do it again.

If you're going to get laser eye surgery done, don't cheap out and get the best technology available to do it.

Look into Custom Wavefront LASIK and even IntraLase® Femtosecond procedures. They aren't available everywhere (they're available in the UK where I live) but they have several advantages such as not having to create a flap on your eye with a scalpel and better average results.

If you live in the UK it's even a similar price to regular Lasik or Lasek so it's a no brainer to get the better procedure done instead.

Again, might not be available in your country but definitely have a look around if you're considering it.

You can go blind if the procedure goes bad

No one has gotten blinded from lasers being shot into their eyes?

There's a chance you could die when getting wisdom teeth removed and also a chance that your plane could crash when flying somewhere. Like laser eye surgery these chances are extremely slim.

Do any of you Europoors actually have
€3000?

Your eye determines which procedure you can have. But obviously the doctor will advise you on which is the best course of action to take.

I had LASIK about 3 years ago. Best thing I've ever done. Quality of life drastically improves.

Anyone know about ICL?

Legally blind not fully blind.

If your suitable for regular LASIK or LASEK then you're automatically suitable for Custom Wavefront LASIK and even IntraLase® Femtosecond procedures.

The only differences between the old and new procedures and technology is that Lasik requires a flap to be created so that the laser can directly target your cornea, while Femtosecond procedures doesn't require that and Wavefront technology actually takes a picture of your eye so other imperfections can be identified and corrected with the laser instead of just your cornea in regular LASIK and LASEK.

Basically, if you have the option for the better technology, go for it and pay the extra if required.

I actually got prk done last Thursday with a small amount of crypto gains. Was from a reputable place. Cost $4k total . I am still recovering right now my vision is worse than it was 2 days ago but that is part of the healing. Seems good so far, sounds like well over 90% of people never need a redo

dont do it you retard its not a permanent fix

I work in an optical store, did you break your glasses a lot or is this over the last 15 years?

Usually insurance covers 1 exam and 1 pair of glasses(unless you have decent insurance), best ive seen so far is this old guy who was a former DEA agent who could get 3 pairs of glasses each year for himself and his wife.

A reasonable amount of money for 10+ years of perfect vision? Definitely mate, totally not worth it.

lasik?

>$200 for a pair of glasses
Jesus are you an idiot who needs GUCCI frames or some shit? I got my pair for $20 from Zenni.

got lasik years ago it fucks up your night vision everything looks like van gohs starry night or shitty watercolor. i like it though

Past 20 years. Yes each time I could tell a large difference in my vision, even though in my state the prescription lasts 2 years.

I've only broke one pair and that was because I had a screw loose and someone bumped me coming into an elevator and it knocked one of my lens out and it fell perfectly into the crack down 11 stories.