Tfw got fired for calling off work depressed

>tfw got fired for calling off work depressed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qa9u5t3C0AI
youtube.com/watch?v=aAVPDYhW_nw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I feel sad so I can't work

Jesus christ I'd fire you too.

This

What? You actually said you can't come to work because you're depressed? You didn't make up a bs fever or something? How stupid are you?

Didn't you get a doctor's note or don't you do that in your country?

well now that you are here if you really want the compensation you could file a wrongful termination due to mental health issue and at least collect unemployment but that your call to make i guess if your in US you have a pretty good shot with the current state of this place

>"attempt" suicide
>OH SHOOT YOU SURVIVED BOY HOWDY WHAT LUCK DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING
>Sue former employer for not taking your mental health seriously
>lambo land

>Americans

must suck living in that shithole

Unironically the best advice this site has ever given.

Worst case scenario you die and don't have to suffer anymore.

Best case you make a shit-ton, especially if you live in a SJW sue happy country.

it's a win-win.

I would fire you too for being so social retarded you don't understand that people don't like associating with mentally ill people.

Just say you were sick like all the other depressed people that know how to hide it better than you. Because you were sick.

Depression can't be outwardly observed so it doesn't exist for most people. Until you've had depression you can't understand it

Oh, OP, next you should try telling your girlfriend you are too depressed to go out with her. I wonder how that will turn out.

It's pretty nice desu

tfw i could of been collecting unemployment for 3 months but never applied because of:
>one of these places will hire me so whats the point of filing it out just to cancel it tomorrow

you'll be okay, user. I hope you the best

>Hello?
>H-hey Stacey, can you take the call to my boss Goldbergstein? I n-need to tell him something
>Uhmm yeah whatever
>Hello? Who is this?
>I-It's me Mr. Goldberstein. I can't go to work today
>And why is that?
>I feel sad...
>What? Talk louder.
>I... I feel deppresed ok?!
>...
>...
>You know what, don't even come tomorrow.

this could work

at the very least you get some sort of settlement and avoid going to court

It really does. If the cops dont kill us, our incompetent and massively overpriced healthcare will.

Im not good at lying

No, the work policy didnt require one

I dont think it would work, she even threatened to fight my unemployment benefits if I tried to claim them

no I wont

Don't worry, user. It's just some shitty job that you didn't like anyway. There's tons of those.
What's more important is finding the reasons why you're depressed and doing something about them.
I know you can do it.

Claim it anyway, what's the worst that can happen, lol.

Also OP stop being fucking depressed

Eat healthy, no processed foods, etc
Do at least 30 minutes of cardio everyday (running, biking)

Fucking man the fuck up and take control of yourself

do you have a consistent sleep schedule and eat breakfast every day? do you have meaning in your life that keeps you motivated? any long term goals you are striving for?

it took me a long time to get this one tho, i dont think theres much else out there for me. ive been this way for a long time nothings worked

nothing but it would have to go to court if they fight it and I cant afford a lawyer

I really, really really like this pepe

my sleep schedule is pretty bad but I dont think its a problem I eat breakfast everyday usually egg whites and toast i try to eat pretty healthy but it doesnt seem to make a noticeable difference aside from me not becoming overweight

I have no meaning in life I literally have nothing good to look forward to. I have no goals either, I fail miserably at everything I've put considerable time, effort, and energy into.

>I dont think it would work, she even threatened to fight my unemployment benefits if I tried to claim them
What a bitch. Claim them and call the Better Business Bureau if they fight it. They will help you for free. My friend called them when he bought a shit car (his fault lol) and they said they couldn't do anything but could make some paper work hell for them. He ended up getting 3k worth of repairs done for free.

Kek this

depression isn't real

how the fuck is it legal to fire someone for taking the off days they have been given

>"Hey boss i'm taking the day off in case I might want to kill myself"
Some high quality autism

You're allowed to fire someone for any reason, even no reason, as long as it's not discrimination.

You can sue them for this, legit

I've called off work depressed once before but I didn't say that, I said, " I'm not in a good headspace right now and won't focus on the job". I also had 2 weeks of leave booked 2 days later so I started my leave early.

I got hit with 3k worth of bills, my grandfather had a stroke and my PlayStation account was hacked all in the week leading up to me calling off work

A company is like a machine all cogs need to be turning in sequence, if one cog isn't, well... you can see the problem it will cause. The only solution is to remove it get a replacement.

The reason most people are depressed is simply because they don't get enough excercise or have really shitty diets. This is why so many people in America are depressed and give billions of dollars to doctors and pharma every year and then they take dangerous anti-depressants, not to mention the fact they hand out Xanax like fucking candy these days. You people are pathetic. Can't even get up 20 minutes earlier to do some simple exercise.

You really aren't

If OP has been doing this on the regular then yeah but for a once off its illegal, at least in Australia.

If OP is a decent employee and doesn't usually call off work, rocks up on time each day then they cannot fire him over a mental issue.

Fuck, one of my colleagues just walked out one day due to stress/ depression, no one heard from them for 6 weeks until they said they weren't coming back. Up until that they could have returned to their position no worries

literally this, fuck corporations in the ass every chance you get... because you bet they'll do it to you

sleep schedule is very very important, you should try getting to bed earlier and most importantly waking up at the same time every single day. good job eating healthy, it does make a difference, and good choice with choosing eggs, they have so much nutrition it boggles the mind. try to find a new job with an environment you feel better in. meditation has also helped get many out of the state of mind where they are talking in their head about everything and that constant buzz and chatter in your head finally shuts off and they can be still, and find that elusive state of mind called flow, which lets you execute tasks engagingly and effortlessly. Exercise also works miracles, Im absolutely serious. Just go run and don't stop for at least an hour.

youtube.com/watch?v=qa9u5t3C0AI
youtube.com/watch?v=aAVPDYhW_nw

>Wife leaves you
>Takes kids
>Takes car
>Takes house
>Fuck I am depressed but not to worry, exercise and a healthy diet will fix this

Are you retarded

I got fired for trading and browsing Veeky Forums best thing that’s ever happened to me. Why be sad? Now you can make real money!

This and only this.
Since I started running 30 min in the morning (I only started going for a walk but it EVOLVED into running after 2 months) before breakfast, I'm leagues if not dimenions more motivated all week, everywhere.

Try reading the book Meetings with Remarkable Men.

surely wallowing and sitting in your house 24/7 will fix it instead. dont ever leave the house and one day it will all be better.

its almos like its not about the exercise itself, but instead the self control, boosting self image and the interactions that come with working out instead.

You are right, user. You are what you put your attention on. If you sit there and wallow in misery, that will become your world. If you make some routine to help break you out of that constant cycle, you will break out of it eventually.

>"attempt" suicide
>fuck up because i can't do anything right
>patched up at hospital
>put on trial for attempted murder
>no money for lawyer
>thrown in jail
>niggers take turns pounding my white ass
>released 30 years later
>still have to pay that $800,000 hospital fee from 30 years ago
>put on trial for not paying
>no money for lawyer
>thrown in jail
>niggers take turns pounding my white ass
just cant win

Dont be foolish, you will get fat, breakfast then running, believe me I did this for a very long time and saw no results

user, you sound a lot like me.
Fortunately for myself, I was able to use my crypto gains to quit my job right at the exact moment I was on the verge of pushing the limit of the calling out of work / leaving early / 'working from home today' shit. I was / am depressed as fuck, feel like my life is devoid of meaning, and wonder if there's ANY activity out there that will leave me feeling fulfilled.

However, I want to share some good news with you.
In all of my newly found free time, I've discovered a few habits that seem to keep me from blowing my brains out - and, every once in a while - actually feel really good about life.

>Keep a routine and stick. to. it.
This means no fuck off nights playing games on the computer until 2am. Ever.

>Eat a good, anti-inflammatory diet. Take a good multi-vitamin and an extra 2,000 IUs of Vitamin D3. Maybe an Omega-3, too.
This means take your vitamins as part of your routine following a nice meal every day. No exceptions.

>Go to the gym. Lift weights. Run.
This means exactly what it says. Go get in fucking shape. It's important for your brain, it's important for your body, it's important for your ego and self-esteem. Include an exercise regimen as part of your routine and make sure you stick to it. Don't skip cardio and don't skip leg day.

>Join something.
Literally anything. A jiu jitsu gym, a book club, an anime discussion group. Literally. fucking. anything. And make sure it becomes part of your routine.

>Write down in a journal every night before bed.
Focus on what you want to accomplish tomorrow. Focus on the positives of the day. Write what you're thankful for in that moment. It can be something as trivial as 'I have a clean pair of underwear on'.

That's it, user.

Do these things and I absolutely promise you will feel better. Your depression might still be there with you - mine sure as hell is. But I've found life feels a lot more worth living these days.

McDonald’s is hiring user
Maybe you’ll run into Sergey there and he’ll throw you sum linkies

yea, I live in an "at-will" state. they can fire you for anything as long as its not race sex or religion.

I used to exercise a lot, it helped but never lasted. I did it for many years, a lot of time, energy, and money into good food and then one day I injured my back. The net result after all those years of hard work was a bad back and being 30 lbs frailer than what I used to be. like I said I fail miserably at everything I try.

ill check it out

>"attempt" suicide
>put on trial for attempted murder

What the fuck are you on about user?

found the retarded liberal