I'm learning to read charts (slowly) and this one looks suspicious to me. Is this a formation of a cup and handle...

I'm learning to read charts (slowly) and this one looks suspicious to me. Is this a formation of a cup and handle, halfway through the formation of the handle? Any experienced traders with an opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/c/cupandhandle.asp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>le everything is a cup and handle

No.

>doesn't make an attempt to read charts
>makes fun of those who try
super helpful, thanks for swinging by.

All you retards who talk about this chart or that chart. They are all derivatives of Bitcoin. kys.

Every chart looks the same newfaggot

No its not. Also cup and handle forms over months, weeks or at least days. Youre on 2h charts

he's telling you you're mistaking noise for signal.
common mistake. people learn formations and see cup and handles in everything when it;s really just noise

Also learnign to read charts, and this user is correct. You can't call a cup and handle on anything less than day charts, not reliably at least

I don't know why, you'd think crypto would eb different, but it seems to be true.

gotcha, thanks anons

just look at their twitter and you can see how the spikes correspond with news/development announcements; like yesterday's spike has to do with the berkeley/zcash partnership. they were at the SF crypto conference this weekend. bittrex and airdrop date news will be out soon. staring at charts is a waste of time. buy based on understanding the value of the project.

first, read the definition of a cup and handle - investopedia.com/terms/c/cupandhandle.asp
do some research and understand what these patters really mean.

>"As a stock forming this pattern tests old highs, it is likely to incur selling pressure from investors who previously bought at those levels;"
does it look like it's retesting old highs?

thank you for the help, it does not.

this thread is the definition of the party is soon to be over

lmao no

No. The cup isn't really all that smooth, Next time imagine the line going through the center of each candlestick. You didn't trace the midpoint and you didn't account for the huge spike at the end of the cup.

Also, the handle is only suppose to be 1/3 of the cup hight. what you traced, once again, ignored the center trend and also it looks like we have damn near 100% retracement.

Looks like this coin will move sideways, maybe for 3-4 peaks total, so try and notlose a lot of money trying to surf valley to peak

I would say with crypto, which is 24/7, you can see a cup and handle on 6-8 hour charts. Stands to reason, a normal trading day is 8 hours.

Everyone and I mean every single fuck out there in Veeky Forums has no clue what TA is , you started learning it only because you got into crypto last month.

Let me tell you that there is no such thing as cup and handle , the market moves in ways and I've been trading Forex for a couple of years purely on TA.

What I found out for myself is that there is no such thing as any of your imaginary patterns and other shits that you keep learning about , it's all outdated or was made to make you lose money.

The way I traded Forex and the way I apply my analysis to cryptos is through Wave Theory , the market moves in waves and you can forecast that to a pretty damn accurate degree.

DYOR on Wave Theory

i know, isn't it wild!

Astrology thread

Chaos, fractals etc. So much we don't know

Why does every faggot on this board insist on learning the term cup and handle and then call everything a cup and/or handle.