Post things you've spent your winnings on

I'll start

since I can't post a pic of my tuition, here's my 996

Other urls found in this thread:

financialsamurai.com/net-worth-rule-for-car-buying-guideline/
steinhartwatches.de/en/diver-watch/ocean-one-39-black.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How much for it? Beautiful car

I came to the conclusion that I will never, ever be able to afford a GT86.

It's the reason I got into crypto.

Nice, I'd like to buy a Turbo as well, good investment, x2 in a few years

I want to get a 997, but I've never owned a porsche before (obviously). How are they in terms of maintenance? I would use it as a daily driver.

Also yours is a beauty, how much did you pay?

/o fag here. Seriously GT86? Even a Camry is faster.

Manual?
Dreams do come true....

Ugh. No. The 991 is better in every conceivable way. Don't do this to yourself. Even the 996 GT3 was trash.

>using a porsche as a daily driver
That's a quick way to snap city

nice, i don't get why these get so much hate

I don't understand the fascination with sports cars. Not saying this out of jealousy.

Seriously, yeah. I like to have "reasonable" unreasonable goals.

My gf literally said to me that I will never have a car even remotely like that and I should stop chasing delusions

They're pretty reliable. IMS Bearing Job and pin the coolant pipe and you're generally good apart from routine maintenance. Bushings don't really go bad like they do on BMW's.

shit tatste

Good looking car OP. My dad has a 996 gt2.

Break the law with a group of friends. Then you'll develop an addiction.

I paid off $90k in student loans.
Maybe I'll reward myself with a luxury car later this year.

>I don't understand why people enjoy things I don't. Not saying this out of jealousy.

lol you can finance one with a normalfag job dood

My goal is an Aston Martin V12 Vantage

My Focus ST out runs any FRS/BRZ/GT86 and was cheaper. Look into other options user.

Nice Porsche OP I hope to be able to get a nice C6 Z06 or GT-R.

Also a 996 bro with some earnings last year. Good choice OP!

It must be a good thing living in the first world

Wow! GG OP!

You can bet your ass on that. :)

I'm here for accumulating assets to my unborn son. That's all.

I had a Cayenne with 280000 miles, somebody rolled the odometer a couple of times, and it still worked great

I had it for a year and I made 12500 miles with it and I had one problem with some oil pipe which I found on eBay used for 100 bucks and I'm from a shithole country so labour is cheap here.

Porsche is the most reliable "exotic" car, the earlier 997s had problems with IMS bearings

Worst 911, also cheapest 911.

I'd love to live in a 1st world country too. Amerifag here.

This

I have never cashed out. I honestly dont even know what points are good to cash out.
The closest I have come is moving my money to eth but when I get there I just think about how it will continue to grow in eth and leave it there

The absolute state of 3d female genitalia
>SHYGDDT

Oh shut the fuck up. I'm an engineer with 2 masters degrees and I get paid 4$ hourly.

HAHA DU PÜMMEL

I have nearly $500 in, I didn't cashed out yet. If I someday turn millionaire, and I choose with my heart, I'll probably get an F-Type.

Always remember the 5% rule, guys.

GT86 or MX-5 ND seem to have a nice price/fun relation.

Why not a DB11?

I've decided I'm going to rice up and turbo my 86 instead of getting a new a car with my crypto gains.

The car is very fun and nice to drive I hope you manage to get one.

$17k, 75k miles. Was an absolute steal.
get a boxster or cayman instead.
Mine is a turbo!
I love the 991, I'm just too poor for it.

Lovely

yes it is a manual

as a current college student this car is a fucking DREAM

Thanks man. It might get me a divorce by the time I'm there but hey, that's life lol.

OP you better be slaying pussy in that thing. Its a great feeling to have accomplished something in your life. Enjoy it, don't flaunt it too much as the snakes will come around.

Wrap your shit too don't want and gold digger children wandering around.

how financially irresponsible would it be to spend 25-35k on a used porsche 911 (40-70k miles) if your net worth is 180k? What net worth do I need?

You disgust me.

If you love working, go ahead and buy it.

I would be set with a "simple" Cayman.

See this:
financialsamurai.com/net-worth-rule-for-car-buying-guideline/

Sweet I got the turbo, although not from trading crypto, but from trading currency options

Hey we got the same car goals, I appreciate you user

What do you mean? Like EUR to USD?

I can't even tell you, it's fucking perfect for that. I made a few little mods to the interior to make it a bit more livable, because let's be real, its a 20 year-old car. But pulling up to literally any dorm, sorority house, whatever-the-fuck, it's the best fucking feeling.

What's better? It cost me no more than the new V6 Mustang Chad's dad bought for him, but it'll beat any new(base model) audi, bmw, or american speedbox in a fun little highway drag. And the girl still thinks it's just as expensive as her dad's 991.

Next up, I need to get a way to integrate a LARPfolio into my infotainment system lol

nice, thanks

i did, and I run my own business on the side. In fact that's my main stream of income; I have only ever cashed out of crypto to buy a car. Surely you don't think I just sit and look at lines lol

Is the bmw 435i Veeky Forums approved? I want one

OP how much have you made in crypto?
also arent you worried about maitanace costs?

Glad to know that, user. For me it is not really about the power or the noise, but about how beautiful this car can be. A spoiler-less grey, white, or even (british racing) green would be great. The front is nice, the rear is even better, but the shape is like something that can not be improved.

For now it is just an unreachable goal, but time will tell. Good luck, and remember: We all are going to make it.

>not a twin turbo

Dropped

I'm not posting a fucking picture of my house, but it looks almost just like this one.

>Gated community
>Only rich oldies around
>Massive golf course right next to house

Thanks Moneyskeleton.

Usd jpy, I traded it on the way down and made 20x twice a few years ago cleared 400k.

Op, I spent like 15k over 5 years on very light use like 3k/ year just make sure to budget yourself

Are you living in it?
Do you have to pay huge yearly taxes on it? (might be a retarded question I'm from a commie country)

IM 19 IM DOING MY BEST BRO

yes, I'm aware of both. As a college student however, It's pretty much the best car I can afford. I would love to be driving a sweet 991, But with tuition and all this is a much better fit for my budget. And it's still really fun.

>996 chassis
>ugliest 911
>coincidentally cheapest 911
kek

A 996 911 Turbo is still desirable. A GT3/GT2 also. Everything else.... not so.

that's ugly, get a new one also buy ETH

your best is not enough, a streetshitter can afford this car with his gains from just last month nowadays, be better than streetshitters

This is THE virgin Porsche.

>not a GT4

Don't listen to the haters OP, it's really a beautiful car, considering you're a college student, that's an impressive achievement. Very nice.

I bought cheap housing for peasants from mine.

I kinda regret it because they're a pain in the arse but it's regular money and a backup for when this bubble bursts.

>my gf
>my car
fucking normies get out

ya but your focus is wrong wheel drive

911>Cayman

Speed wise yep. Aesthetics nope

I bought Hobonickels and Myriad with my gainz. The only thing you should ever spend crypto gainz on is more crypto. Unless you've made it to retirement level you should never cash out.

That's a really nice car. Well done :)

Any suggestions for how to get started in this market?

Play lots of poker to get started and read anything by Howard Marks about variant perception

>buying a $110,000 car at 19

not even I would trust myself with that shit, I'll take what I've got for now

Nice depreciating asset OP

you could tell girls the opposite, they aint gonna know

what if the coins you sold for it are worth x10 at end of year, you gonna kys?

996 is the poor man's 911. They are the least popular 911 because Porsche fans are autists.
If you want an awesome car that won't bleed you dry go with a Miata. Most fun/$ of all sports cars.

Enjoy your dead IMS bearing

Consider a LS swap when it does go

$17k? Fuck, you got it basically for half price. Is it a salvage or something?

987 Cayman S owner here.

Turbos have the Mezger engine which doesn't have IMS problems. Nice try tho.

Get rid of her and start believing in yourself.

996 Turbos bottomed out and are appreciating along with much of the retro Porsche market right now. He'll probably sell this for more than he paid after putting thousands more miles on it.

haven't cashed out anything yet because I'm really small time but as soon as I reach 10k (which should be soon) I will buy this cheap watch to celebrate steinhartwatches.de/en/diver-watch/ocean-one-39-black.html

forgot pic

Do commies not pay property tax or live in houses they own for some reason?

I'm genuinely curious.

Watches are the biggest waste of money desu

I got a 93' NA miata in good condition and swapped the 1.6 for a 1.8 + GT2554R and megasquirt.
This thing is going to fucking kill me sooner than later.

No fuckin' way. Super nice find if true - congrats on that gem

Mah man. I have a stock 2001 (which means 1.8 with VVT). Left it stock since my 500whp 240sx already tries to kill me. I like the 300hp in my Cayman S, it's a good balance for the street.

Nope, got it at a private sale right off Craigslist. I waited for months for something like that to pop up locally. I honestly can't be happier.

2000 model yamaha R1 here, race you to the grave!

Exactly this; the driving factor in purchasing one.

We'll it was listed at 21, but it had been up for sale for quite a while so I negotiated it down to 17 and some change.

I got a 98' KBS in immaculate condition, swapped the 2.1L for a 2.8L and a QP1X turbo, she's running with some serious horsepowers right now.

looks great

What year is this?