What's with all the newfags shitting on BTC? Do they really not know what's about to happen?

What's with all the newfags shitting on BTC? Do they really not know what's about to happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/ktorpey/2018/01/15/paypals-wences-casares-i-can-imagine-a-world-in-which-bitcoin-becomes-a-global-standard-of-value/#4493f34163b5
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They honestly have no idea

>in b4 btc is a dead shitcoin

>but muh tech is better in ethereum/other altcoins
Autists can never understand what the value of BTC is. That's why it's so funny when you get it.

you have to account for their perspective
>get in the game 1 month ago
>only see it slowly bleeding
>frustration when they send 20-100$ of btc and cant send at all or lose 30% due to fee
>coin must be completely useless since you cant send it or buy anything
>le spend it for small purchases in shops meme not applicable

You mean the fact we're going back to 4 figures?

Rug up boys winters here

I'll admit when I started and BTC was dipping for a month or so I thought it was bad too. Good point.

Please tell me who is going to make this go over 20k?

>Those that are already participating?
Well do it now fags.

>Normies?
Already came and went.

>New fags?
They know it's a dead coin and prefer eth and alts.

>Wall st.? Pfffflll

So grandpa, what you waiting for? Dig yourself out 13k and climb past 20k.

What only trading bots and tether promises?... oh, wait... you shit yourself and broke a hip. Thats what I thought.

Yeah we posted the same memes in 2016. And 2017. You'll see.

If anyone wants a good laugh 5 months from now you can save this guy's post.

Climate is different now. How long are you going to wait for superman to carry grandpa across the finish line?

Why haven't you at least sold your bitcoin and made profit in alts these past few month? You can still buy back in, he's going not going anywhere. He will still be stuck in that 13-15k ditch.

Answer fag, without saying:
>muh 2016, muh past, you will see

>it's different this time
LMAO

>Climate is different now
Kek. It's been "different" about 100 times now.

Oh I've used shitcoins to accumulate BTC, don't worry. Of course I fucking have. It's almost time for BTC to squash them all again is all, but I forget how many newfags Veeky Forums brings to itself every month.

I’m sure you realize that in order for the price that rise, there need to be a huge amount of people buying bitcoin. What I’m wondering is, who are these people? Not asking facetiously, I’m just genuinely curious.

What's going to happen user?

Yah the normies bought in, but not the rich normies. Not the guys with millions in stocks.

what if i'm a newfag and i'm only holding btc

Especially not the rich fucks with millions in bonds.

Then your portfolio is equal or less than your investment. Go get some gains in literally every other coin.

>doubting MUMMY

We have these difficulty pauses every once in a while, it sheds off the disbelievers and they gather to shit on it after selling low.

That or we might be witnessing a large scale dumping. Which one is it, anons?

You don't fuck with the king, tho.

All that generational hubris is natural when the wait gets longer. You don't have any real proof BTC is dying.

>there need to be a huge amount of people buying
The reality is that a lot of people simply buy Bitcoin regularly and then hold, for years, dwindling the supply of Bitcoins in circulation and pumping more money into the market.

Consider as well that people who want to buy altcoins often start by buying Bitcoin. However, transferring Bitcoin for an altcoin doesn't affect the USD price of Bitcoin. Only trades between USD and Bitcoin can affect the USD price of Bitcoin. So as the currency of the entire market, its price is pretty irrelevant to its dominance in the market.

In other words, almost anyone who wants to get into cryptocurrency right now will buy one of the larger coins for transfer purposes. Of these coins, Bitcoin is STILL the most secure, most well-known option.

> 33.9% market cap

Hm you tell me

>I’m sure you realize that in order for the price that rise, there need to be a huge amount of people buying bitcoin.

Can someone screenshot this? The newest newfag to ever new.

Ive been in for 4 years and simply understand BTC doesnt deliver on the things it promised anymore. I used to shill BTC as a fast, cheap PAYMENT system back in the day as did everyone back then.
Now? MUH DIGITAL GOLD LMAO LAMBOLAND

What, you think that's small?

>Bob buys 1000 Bitcoins and this single trade is enough to push the price of BTC to $16,000
>Bob sells his 1000 Bitcoin for 10,000 ALTcoin
>This single sale pushes the price of ALT up 400%
>ALT now has 4x its previous market cap
>BTC is still $16,000
>No new money has entered the cryptocurrency market since Bob's first trade
>Yet the cryptocurrency market has grown a ton (thanks to ALT)

Do you see why market dominance doesn't matter for Bitcoin, at all, yet?

Young rich fucks with millions in bonds have already bought in, old rich fucks don’t need to because they have enough money until they die. But for the purpose of this discussion, what is going to cause these rich people to buy in suddenly?

And fwiw, I think that the people who are most likely to be buying in en masse are people with some degree of wealth in developing countries or countries with strict economic sanctions, but who know how long it will be until that happens

>old rich fucks don’t need to because they have enough money until they die
Never. It's never enough for them.

False. Those countries are banning BTC as fast as they could stumble on it

I'm scared its going to keep falling for the rest of the year

>>Normies?
>Already came and went.
Bought at 19k and HODLING

The Bonds market collapsing which will cause a chain reaction and cause the stock market and real estate market to collapse. At that point they can hedge into gold and silver or for the first time bitcoin will be used as a hedge to financial markets collapsing, which is one of its main purposes.

Bitcoin's entire rationale for going up in price is literally the "greater fool theory". This is what you get when you have a shitcoin with no utility. Eth will reign supreme soon since it actually provides utility to businesses and fintech companies and the usage of it produces actual value.

Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme that rich people aren't going to buy, so the price is going to stagnate and eventually the Bitcoin bubble will burst and it'll drop back to $100 as a relic of the past.

Actual investors who understand blockchain tech do not have overwhelming Bitcoin positions anymore. They're all moving into utility & platform alts.

You know why rich fucks are rich? Because they are smart.
Smart people saw the BTC train coming months if not years ago. All the whales who were going to get in are already in. Old money included

Old money aren as slow and retarded as you think. If you think they are old farts who cant spot trends you watched trading places one too mady times norman.

The newfags who entered during the december alt bull run are the worst kind of scum, often dismissing the fact that their shitcoins are tethered to BTC's value.

I can't wait for the inevitable BTC crash, so all the newfag scum loses 4x holding their investment because they held into "superior" shitcoins. They will learn the hard way.

Interesting, but I don’t see why stocks/bonds would collapse, plus governments would do everything they can in that situation to keep the money in their economy/gdp and not in some decentralized online net.

What a lot of people don’t realize, too, is that in major cities it’s easy to buy bitcoin or other cryptos with cash from people, not exchanges, and this doesn’t effect the price.

Same

My body is ready

>Bitcoin is a ponzi scheme that rich people aren't going to buy

>Do they really not know what's about to happen?
gramps is gonna roll of his bed, break a hip and make the entire market bleed for the 6th time this month? yippee

>trashing other shitcoins
>I can't wait for the inevitable BTC crash

Dude, what about those who are holding BTC itself?

You're dumb if you the value of the crypto market and Bitcoin will forever be tied together. These past couple of months have shown us that alts rising in spite of Bitcoin dropping is going to become extremely commonplace.

It's called the decoupling. You can thank Roger Ver for showing us how shit of a product Bitcoin actually is by shilling out Bitcoin Cash. Both coins are bad production-level currencies.

I would agree but with the US feds hiking rates it seems they're preparing for something.

2 words. Lightening Network

??

So tell us, when did you first learn about crypto?

Wew lad
How normie can you get

Ripple is taking over, step aside gramps.

They shit on BTC because they missed the boat and want it to fail so --insert coin they hold-- will become number one and make them rich.

forbes.com/sites/ktorpey/2018/01/15/paypals-wences-casares-i-can-imagine-a-world-in-which-bitcoin-becomes-a-global-standard-of-value/#4493f34163b5

No one is saying that, pajeeet. I'm actually short on BTC and long on ETH long-term.

But short-term shitcoins will be obliterated when BTC crashes to 8k. Good altcoins like ETH will probably resist, only crashing at somewhat the same rate as BTC.

But oh boy, the shitcoins. They're in for a rude awakening. Scamcoins like TRX or XRP will create a new kind of bagholders. Bags so unimaginably heavy that the normies who bought them at ATH will off themselves.

You haven't answered his question. Bitcoin is a fair market value traded coin. It's price goes down if there are sellers. It's price goes up if there are buyers. Again, who is buying it at $20k? Who is buying it at $15k? All the crypto gamblers have given up on it. Institutional investors don't want to mess with it. Again, who is buying these expensive, slow, hard to move Bitcoins?

The answer no Bitcoin fans want to admit is that no one wants to buy your Bitcoin's for $20,000. The amount of people who are willing to pay over $10k is dropping everyday. Soon it'll fall back below $10k, and then slow bleed back to $1. Meanwhile the entire rest of the crypto market is going to explode and Bitcoin will be a literal relic of the past.

Memecy becoming contagious again?

So 2017 it is, then.

Ripple is a government ploy to divert all the money they lost to BTC and co back again into the country. It's practically the digital dollar.

You Bitcoin morons are going to bag hold all the way to $1 while shit like Monero and Ethereum blow past it in 2018.

The game changes day to day. The situation has changed. Bitcoin can only be king if brings enough to the table to be king. And it's been undressed the past couple months during this bull run. The market is quickly turning on it.

HONK

>not holding all three

Fucking idiot. Don't assume I'm a retard like you.

>ADHD-addled newfaggots are honestly interpreting 1 month of sideways consolidation at 13k as a bearish thing

Holy shit you faggots deserve everything you're going to get and then some. What's happening now is that, COINCIDENTALLY, the alt market is rallying and full of volume and froth while bitcoin languishes. The smart money is making gains in the alt market, waiting for the ideal time to pull all their funds back into BTC for the eventual BTC bull run.

No one knows who the actors are in the bitcoin market but it's ALWAYS been this way - people said the same shit at 100, 1000, etc - "who the fuck is going to be the buyer to take us to X price level??". And guess what? They were ALWAYS wrong. At some point, the momentum is going to turn and then, as if out of nowhere, gigantic buy orders are going to start coming through for BTC and faggots like you are going to be posting your little wojack pictures on biz crying about "muh tether manipulation" or some other bullshit to alleviate the psychological strain you feel for being dead fucking wrong, so you just shift blame to some ethereal third party that may or may not even exist.

It's going to be a complete joy watching all you faggots get washed out.

Please elaborate. I have heard that XRP works very much like fiat (as in it can be printed out of nowhere), and that it is not decentralised. I'm split between that and XLM for all in.

should have bought neo, hitler.

Rip Bitcoin 2017 but.... The trend line is up since the big dip. Will we see Rocky get it's shit together and fight back? Remember your first love Bitcoin? It's strong

That was a shitpost, I wanted to RP but I don't really have the energy right now.

yes it did, bob had to pay with something for that 1000 btc

You’re not going to make it.

I can't fucking wait for BTC to moon again, even though I don't own any.

It'll be glorious and normies and Veeky Forums will get BTFO.

May see pullback to 9k, but still bullish on BTC overall.

lmao why are you so sure that ETH will ever have any real utility?

They’re moving a couple hundred of dollars worth of BTC from exchange to exchange and getting assraped on fees. They think it’s the norm.

or ppl just have to sell less. Then the amount of $$$ infusion not needed

Store of value is utility. Trustlesd transaction is utility. Solving double spend is utility. You don’t understand the market at all

This, and i lose sleep over not knowing when this moment will happen.
Even ada and xlm will dump atleast 100%

>who is buying it at the price I'm shilling right now?
>who is selling it at the price I'm shilling right now?
>shilling short term

kys

>sneaking Monero next to ETH

Now you're REALLY forcing a shill

I was in the btc will die camp in 2013. Now sticky stuff appears in my pants when I think about LN. The blockhain is an asset settlement layer, a role that makes sense for a public ledger. Using a public ledger for p2p transactions makes no sense. Settling those transaction on an asset management ledger makes perfect sense. The minor actions of cryptokitty like contracts don't need to overload the blockchain, they can be truly p2p and then settled when needed. Eth will be outdated, scripting layers on top of LN will replace it.

Isn't the final lesson that there isn't a crypto bubble but an alt bubble?

Amen.

KYS

Too scared to try yourself? That's what I thought bitch tits.

>COINCIDENTALLY
The even shitter alts from way back also had a rally towards the end of 2013 bubble

This is the truth.

It's a shame most people don't even take the time to look into BTC's scaling solutions, they just leave it at 'Muh Bitcoin is unusable as a currency'

Funniest post I've ever seen on Veeky Forums. I've been there bro

13.3 on gdax right now.

Looks like grandpa's colostomy bag sprung a leak. Will institutional investors please save us.

As I said before, no new money SINCE Bob's first trade. His first trade brought new money into the market. But since then, all his alt-coin trading has made the market cap of the entire market explode despite no new money entering it.

You'll notice stock markets don't have this, by the way.

I guess no $100k anytime soon or at all

They do, the process starts when Bob buys $1000.

I agree, stuff isn't allowed to go sideways.

If you wanna go up you've gotta go up in a straight line.

The collective IQ of the remaining bitcoin bagholders is about 3

December was prime time for bitcoin, and it failed spectacularly in the face of mass usage. Every chad trader I know dumped their bags when it was clear that the party was over

BTC drops -> Alts drop

BTC Rises -> Alts drop

Holding Alts is more risky than holding BTC.

anyone here long enough to remember when gold went mainstream after climbing to $1,800?

and all the mainstream shills were saying $5k to $10k (even $50k) was just around the corner?

well, we all know what happened in the last 10 years since gold reached $1,800... it dumped and stayed around $1,300 to this day

same for BTC , last month all the mainstream shills were out in force, futures were launched....

...not hard to figure out the rest

I'm new to this. and know it. I take heed in the advice from ppl that have seen many seasons of this. But my question is, what to do and when. How confident are ppl in the return of BTC and what will happen to the alts? Do you recommend (or anyone in here w/ experience) dropping all but ur most promising alts and get into BTC?

Just curious.

if you invested in alts. put stop loss. u should have dropped the shitcoins 2 days ago...

I couldn't differentiate between a dip like has happened a couple times in the past 2 months or a real downturn. Hence I thought things would go up like they did before (sold on one of the previous ones and ended up regretting it). How does on differentiate this? And when do you think the tide shift to alts again? After BTC has its run?

Started in October. Still new but I see it as cyclic. People make money in BTC=transfer money to alts. People make money in ALTS= transfer to BTC

I regret not trying to swing BTC a bit during this past month and a bit.

Love you

Ya, makes sense.

I really like EGAS, it looks like a scamcoin but even if it is, at this price it can still go 10x before it gets dumped. check it out.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

BTC might dump a bit more to MA100, around 10.5k before it starts the next bullrun. However, during that time, alts will continue to bleed so definitely put a stop loss. Shitcoin season is imho over for a couple of months.