/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

It’s snowing...in Texas...again edition.

Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are *** and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-*** for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Cryptoshills let us have our safe space.

Last

I didn't know snow in texas was a possibility.

Canadian weed stocks bounced back nicely yesterday. Maybe flat trading today, maybe some more gains, who knows. Only trade i nade yesterday was a lateral move out of Aurora Cannabis and in to Cronos Group (MJN). While Cannimed's lawsuit threat is frivolous, and trading yesterday indicated investirs are unphased by it, i'm sick of how messy this takeover attempt has gotten and i don't care to participate any longer in the drama. My buy of MJN worked out well as MJN lost slightly more value than ACB did in the red week so my leverage on it is a bit better than the leverage my position in Aurora had.

It happens. Maybe once every few years. This will be our third snowfall in 2 months. Shits crazy.

Huh. Welp. Better buy a shovel.

I've shoveled through several feet of snow already this winter but that's normal for my part of Canada. It's pretty warm right now though so much if it will melt in coming days.

More like an ice pick. It’s raining like hell right now. The temp doesn’t drop for another three hours. All that is gonna freeze then it’ll snow on top of it. Every school within 100 miles is closed lol

3 day weekends are gay as fuck.

Reminder that you need the weed stocks that become BUD, STZ, TAP and SAM down the line.

MBOT, MRDN, and MU. Two of these are going to make me money

That's not my game right now. Currently the idea is to ride the ones that will benefit most from the pre legalization buying mania. I will then sell when it hits fever pitch in summer, then see what the strategy going forward should be.

>MBOT
>Israeli biotechs

just don't

Merciful Spxallah has delivered swift retribution to b-tc--n and all of its followers. Praise wall street!

UQM, ARCI, KEM, and MAGA. Easy money today boys

Canadian weed stocks are priced to perfection and then some. (The “then some” is ridiculously large I might add)

So by buying weed stocks your thesis is that the market will continue to stay gross irrational and become EVEN more irrational post-legalization (since that’s already baked in ;) )

Any slight underperformance of numbers or legalization postponing will send the stock into a dizzying nosedive. It seems to me like more of a gamble Than most would stomach at this stage

T. Bought APH at 2.4 and sold at 20.5. I don’t trust this shit right now

Lots of wojacks in the crypto cuck threads. I'm just here comfy af.

What's the ticker on that pot ETF? I can't find it on my watch list.

MJX

SPI jumped on the blockchain meme.

JONE JONE JONE JONE JONE JONE JONE

Called it.

How is /rgt/ so dead the first day in after a bank holiday

Everyone is watching the cryptokids melt down

Dunno if it's too late for everyone but KMI has been doing excellent the last couple of weeks. Earnings after close today

Does any1 own any blue chip stocks?

I own some CIT, does that count as a blue chip?

yes, why?

MRDN is doing halfway decent so far today, I’m in st 1.14

How goes the battle today boys?

So far so good here

Good, XXII and AIEQ make me not want to kill myself unlike 90% of the stock picks in these threads

GE and UAA were my biggest 2 mistakes of 2017

What do you think a good entry is for GE?

Watching cryptotard meltdown has been fun lads, now I'm in investing mood.

Shill me your memes.

should I buy AMD/NVDA for earnings?

Kek

Not the $25.62 I bought it at, that's for sure
I'd say close to what it is now, it's near a 5-year low. Bad news just broke about a large charge, so now might be a good time to buy in.
Check their assets and balance sheet to make sure the business actually has value.

I bougt FAS to play BANK earnings and I'm already down $20 AHHHHHHHHHHHH

I invested in IPAS

>a signed unannounced deal with globally recognized company

>CEO loaded up shares 3 months ago. That's the golden time period for big news.

>institutions have been loading up big.

Solid gains, MJX +7%, cryptofag meltdown.
What a great day to be alive!

alco

>being down when a stock is in the green
>here, hold these bags for me

Fosho my wigga

DFEN cannot be stopped. Wish I had double the allocation I do.

>texass schools close over a bit of snow
>I bike commute to work in that shit
Enormous pussies.

MJX. Piece of shit so far, just enormous volatility.

Ay nigga, Reppin from BC here. Hope they don't close Rainbow down or I'm staying in a hotel tonight.

I'm looking at SNR for a long term hold. My thinking is, REITs are going to get shafted in the near to short term by interest hikes, but boomers are getting older, so now is a good time to get in. Also, I'm a dividend fag. Can anyone spot any flaws in my reasoning?

UVXY going up, get the fuck out of everything.

>by buying weed stocks your thesis is that the market will continue to stay gross irrational and become EVEN more irrational post-legalization

No. Pre-legalization. Not post. Post is where things settle out to realistic valuations. I do expect the hype to soar when legalization bill passes senate and an official date is set. Institutional investors will enter at that point. I intend to sell shortly after that.

>implying POTUS will sign that legislation into law within the next 7 years.

Id look for up and coming mREITs that are about to IPO after interest rate hikes.

The mortagages should have higher interest thus giving higher dividend imo

>implying Sessions won't accidentally ingest an edible and have a change of heart

Talking about Canada here.

why are you so against weed? do you know someone that died from it or do you just like telling people what to do with their life?

DUDE
U
D
E

Shill me something

>implying POTUS will sign any legislation after midterm 2018 elections

GBR hold till $3

AMRS

dnr, amcn, ncty, spi

Does /rbg/ regularly cash out there profits? Thinking of taking out my gains at the end of the day

He's either an old man or a hick

People here make a profit?

PYPL AND AMAT. I made 1k in one week from both.

Occasionally.

what would you use your gains on? The whole point of investing and trading is to stack gains on top of gains on top of gains on top of gains.

You aren't supposed to cash out until you have got a big enough portfolio to earn passive income from dividends or have a big chunck of money that you are trying to buy a bigger investment with that isn't a stock like a rental property or business.

If you are trying to make a living off of $2,000 and take out the profits everyday, i just don't think you're gunna make it far.. but thats just my opinion

NBEV hold for 6-7, DNR hold for 5. NBEV may have a few more days at this level before the leg up. DNR is going to really jump on earnings, hedged for $50 oil, Q4 had 60-55 oil.

Eventually more stocks, maybe a full frame camera as I work as a photographer. I’m buying a lot on margin so my idea is to cash out every 7% and reinvest my profits when I have enough to really make in impact.

In my experience, many hicks smoke a ton of weed.

>reinvest my profits when I have enough to really make in impact.
so you are going to take money out and then put money back in?

I make a living on investments so i don't really understand the point of taking money out to just put it back in later. It doesn't matter how much money you have invested every bit counts.

I guess if you are investing in your other business (buying camera equipment) then that is still investing so i guess that makes sense, as long as you don't take cash out and just put the cash to the side and let it sit there and not put it to work, then that would be dumb imo

Are you me? What kind of photography do you do?

I need something good short term

That was the idea once i have about a grand in profit from the market, but I see your point. The money would be no safer than if I had just kept it in. Thanks for the advice:

I do a little of this a little of that, I shoot a lot of concerts but I’m working for a jeweler doing some product photography

Second hand Marijuana smoke law suits are going to be this generations mesotheleoma law suits. The people who are smoking dope are going to put lots of strain on the healthcare industry and will ultimately cost this country 10s of billions of dollars. The irresponsible people who condone dope smoking are worse than that couple with the 20 kids chained to their beds and should be shot. Also buy the double bottom dip on LIT. Thank me later.

>smoking weed is the only way to use it.
Okay grandpa. Also, you know you can only smoke it in your own home so who is going to be suing? The parents? The stoner roommates?

Smoking cigs is already all but banned in public, weed would follow similar rules. Where is second hand exposure occurring? I live in dudeweed state, I never see people just walking around toking. They do it in private homes (or airbnbs that allow it.)
Exhaust from cars is already more harmful than the small number of cig smokers remaining. Should we short Ford?

>The people who are smoking dope are going to put lots of strain on the healthcare industry and will ultimately cost this country 10s of billions of dollars.
that is where you are wrong, the whole point of MJ is because it is a low cost solution to many problems and they are just now figuring this out.

I can see you have been brain washed by big pharma. Cool story bro

>The irresponsible people who condone dope smoking are worse than that couple with the 20 kids chained to their beds and should be shot.
This was starting to look like excellent bait but you went overboard here. Way too obvious.

It’s not that it would follow similar rules. It does follow similar rules. Former CO fag here, and it’s still illegal to smoke it anywhere other than your own home.
All the people in jail for pot cost us billions as well so unless you’re invested in the prison industry the argument has no legs.

>unless you’re invested in the prison industry
Like Sessions is.

>All the people in jail for pot cost us billions
so we should make it legal so we don't have to pay to house harmless pot smokers?

Sessions can’t do shit. Trump isn’t going to interfere with state rights.

>buying anything besides SPY calls

Tfw just lay in bed all day depressed looking at phone

I'm anticipating some kind of contraction over the next week. I didn't sell any SPY puts today for that very reason. We just got Dow Jones industrial 26,000. We shouldn't see 2 strait weeks of green candles every day. Market needs a fucking break man.

Anybody else watching GE implode for fun?

>>Watching crypto implode for fun

Fixed

Will anyone comfort me in my time of need. A few (you)’s would be nice :(

Here you go.

What's the word on Dan Bilzerean's weed venture?

He posted about it on his Instagram story and that guy could easily market the shit out of anything he does. He has millions of followers on social media.

Shit I almost forgot

U rite

Buy RIOT when it goes below $19.

here's one bud

I'm doing the same thing user, wake up and lay in bed for 2 hours, jerk off then watch charts for 6 hours

I cash out every month to bring my account back to $420 (my initial investment). I've been doing this for 3 months and have since made about $150. Naturally, RH' percentages get fucked everytime I do it and thus my portfolio makes no sense. I'd send pics but I'm in class on my laptop right now desu

Gotta wait for bitcoin to go back up too though

>$420 (my initial investment)

If you wait until after Bitcoin recovers, then it'll be too late. Just like how I said to short blockchain memes on Friday, when Bitcoin was doing alright, because now that it's already down, it'd be pointless to short.