WHERE WILL ENDDDDDDDD

WHERE WILL ENDDDDDDDD
WHERE WILL END

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IN YOUR HEAAAAAAAAAAAD
IN YOUR HEAAEAEAAAAAD
LOSING GAINS, LOSING GAINS, LOSING GAINS GAINS GAINS GAINS OH OH OH OH OH

Listen to the silence, let it ring on.
Eyes, dark grey lenses frightened of the sun.
We would have a fine time living in the night,
Left to blind destruction,
Waiting for our sight.

And we would go on as though nothing was wrong.
And hide from these days we remained all alone.
Staying in the same place, just staying out the time.
Touching from a distance,
Further all the time.

My fav joy division song lad

DANCE DANCE DANCE TO THE RADIO

>Touching from a distance,
>Further all the time.
That's so fucking good

THE MAN WAS A POET

He has a lot of great lines like that

I know, but that one always gets me. I also can't understand how fucking genius you have to be to make that kind of music and write those lyrics before you're even 23

like this user

I think Cobain wrote Come As You Are at 23 or 22 as well. Pretty mind blowing

Well ok, but in my opinion Joy Division in general and Ian Curtis in particular are the greatest. I mean, when I'm not wojaking on biz I do some poetry related stuff and his lyrics can really compete with whatever professional poets produce

What do you think of Jim Morrison?

Kurt Cobain wrote half his lyrics on scraps of paper on the way to the studio user, don't look too deep into it. Don't get me wrong though he was an amazing artist who made amazing music.

What tv show was that from?
I recognise it.

The Day Today? Brasseye?

> I do some poetry related stuff and his lyrics can really compete with whatever professional poets produce
No they can't, you pseud fag

Try read Paradise Lost and tell me they can compare, pfft, don't be fucking silly

Still great music though

Nah, that's the romantic version of it. The reality is he probably put a great deal of thought into them. That was his thing though, he couldn't say "Yeah I poured my heart and soul into this" because it went against the movement he was the front man for
Also he was a contrarian to the core

You can't fucking accidentally write songs like that

>"no man was wise by accident"

Yeah its the day today, how did you remember it?

I don't know his work well enough to judge I think. His published poetry was pretty much despised by critics, but that's probably because they hate the idea of a 'pop artist' writing good poetry. What's interesting is though that Ian Curtis really tried to emulate Jim Morrisons' style of singing. And I think that their music, being highly atmospheric and with a heavy emphasis on lyrics, is comparable as well. Leonard Cohen also writes some good stuff, but his music is very different ofcourse

Heard this classic indie line earlier. What do you think of this?

>Neil Armstrong, Astronaut he had balls bigger than King Kong.
>First Big suit on the moon and he's off to play golf, Hole in One!

Is shaun up there with the poets?

Autism, being 31 and also thinking it was a bit close to the bone (literally)

Yeah Curtis used to keep a poster of Jim in his house on his front door I believe. Obviously a huge inspiration.

They still can't compete with the greats though

They're better as lyrics

It's always difficult to see the lyrics for they are, without the music. But do remember that Paradise Lost is on of the pinnacles of poetry, there's a lot of shit being written and even more poetry which is just beige stuff, which can't even provoke the slightest emotional reaction

I think one of the only musicians who could pass as a proper poet is probably Nick Cave

Higgs Boson Blues, etc, is some deep shit If I've ever read it. And his writing is pretty good as well.

Yeah, absolutely. It's difficult for me to read poetry now because I've read the "greats" and can't help but compare the sheer scope, etc. I can't even imagine how another human being could write Paradise Lost or something of that calibre. It doesn't seem like a man wrote it

Shaun is up there between Keats and Shelley for sure

And he was blind when writing it, for fucks sake

Leonard Cohen is good too, I read his Book of Longing recently and expected some cringe worthy buddhist stuff, but quite a lot of it was really good and funny

Are you an oldfag or do you just use a few boards on here?

Got told about /b/ in 2006. Liked the funny pictures but moved on after 2 years.

/sp/ and /mu/ 2010-16

just Veeky Forums and /gif/ these days. /tv/ which is strange because I don't really like every discussion being reduced to gender/race/politics

>/gif/
STOP

SHIT IS OVER
SYSTEM SYSTEM BLOWER