Got liquidated this morning, lost 50% of portfolio

How was your day, Veeky Forums?

>margin trading in a wild west market
are you a gambler by anychance ?

Guess so.

how do you let that happen anyway? when I first went there I lost 60% in 3 days, but now I'm up like 6000% from there just using 1 to 3x.

>longing a bear market
goy...I
I margin trade regularly, but started on Forex and ETFs. 75% win ratio. Only retards like OP who dont know what they are getting themselves into give the method as a whole a bad name. Its even better in crypto since you cant go bankrupt.

lost alot too. woke up late and rushed to work. tripped on the mat and fell and banged up my knee. limped to my office and sat down. i ripped a fart and shit myself a little bit

Cool, how much did you lose?

Believed that 13K was strong enough support, and I didn't want to add to my margin anyway. Felt that if 13K didn't hold the bottom was sub 10K and I don't have sufficient BTC for that margin anyway.

>being this retarded
A remotely sane person sees we are going to $9000; Everything on the order books rn is fake

I'll agree on that sentiment.

Agree, will hit 9k before 20k again, but not too sure on timeline.

and OP, trading crypto on margin is fucking dumb.

I agree, it's fucking dumb. Never again.

Where can I learn to trade on margin?

Also, I have no idea how crypto futures work..

what was your entry price?

And that's what you get for gambling on bitcoin.

>margin trading crypto

Nope

No OP did a retarded thing. Dont blame the tools, the mechanic is the retarded one.

Wat does that mean?
12400 contracts? Is that 12400 usd worth of bitcoins you had?
And whats a mark price?

you lost $370k ? assuming one contract is $100 just like in ok

1 contract is 1 usd on mex.

oh my bad
$12400
you were on 3:1 leverage?

yes it means op was long 12400 usd worth of bitcoin. mark price is based on stamp and coinbase and is the price you are liquidated on so nobody on mex can manipulate the market to liquidate you.

there was this guy that went long at $600 during the bear market of 2014, I think he got liquidated at $200, kept putting money in so he could lower his liquidation position. Last I saw him post said he was going to a psychiatrist and was planning to kill himself.

it was on cross leverage which means the op lost the entire account

this is why i only scalp. never baghold on margin imo

Correct

yeah, I tried margin trading back in 2015, lost like $3500, so never daytraded again.