What the FUCK is this Veeky Forums?

What the FUCK is this Veeky Forums?

Just got this email. I thought Gemini was better than this?
I'm an unemployed NEET. How the hell do I explain this?

This kills the NEET

ohhhh nooooo account gone, rekt

the tax man cometh

You're fucked

dude just use exchange then put coins to own wallet. They can't do shit to you if you're just passing through

>I thought
Did you? Did you really?

withdraw everything to wallet baby

wait why would they need employment verification? how does that matter at all

Provide more details like
> how much money do you have
> what's your initial investment
> over what period of time
> the fuck you've been trading?
> what wallets did you use to transfer funds

etc

i will never use gemini after seeing this
i'm a grown ass adult and i don't have to explain shit. what an insult

i suspect its because of lots of criminals using crypto, they wanna know do You have legal money.

You cant just expect not to be a slave to the system

lol

Is that what this fucking is? What the fuck is Gemini doing?
That's what I do but I keep a ton of fiat in the exchange to buy dips basically. What do I send them?
Seriously how do I respond to this though? I'm a fucking unemployed NEET.

Do I just tell them I have a bunch of savings given to me by my parents and I've been buying Bitcoins with it? I don't have fucking proof.

I’m guessinf he’s trading on leverage pretending to work for some
Cypto investment firm

same

So if I tell them all the money was a gift,which it basically was since I've barely worked and I'm not working the job Gemini thinks I am anymore, would that work?

If I tell them it's all gift money and savings, will they fuck off?

I almost want to send them some shitty response as a joke telling them to fuck off but then they'll freeze my account for real.

Decentralized exchanges can't come soon enough

Idex is a pretty good decentralized exchange but I agree we need better ones.

wow crypto is so private and secret

some dude told me omni will be huge the next couple years. i dunno though, i checked out their decentralized exchange and it looks pretty complicated to use and unwieldy to browse through. maybe i just dont understand. anyone have any thoughts on omni? it seems they're behind tether or something?

>american exchange
uncle sam needs money for wars and to feed the niggers

To anyone stupid enough saying "I won't use Gemini after this"

Do you realize most other exchanges do this way way worse than Gemini does?

Take a look at what Bitstamp asks you. It's not just four questions, it's four pages. Coinbase is not any better.

They have to do this or the US Government will shut them down.

Sure it sucks but that is life.

......tether runs on the omni protocol. that's why you're able to send tether to bitcoin addresses. i don't know about their Dex though

what did you tell them you were? from the OP... "an ____" ..

Tell them to fuck off and withdraw your coins elsewhere.

Decentralized exchanges won't mean shit because you literally can't cash out.

As long as there is no way to cash out besides Coin Base and Gemini we will always be at the balls of regulations and bans.

and all this tether moving through omni but the price doesn't go up. so why would more people using omni increase the price if all this tether movement doesnt increase the price...
maybe thats the joke

>Coinbase is not any better.

Except they spent years and millions of dollars fighting the government not to hand over any information you fucking retard. (they lost obviously but still only turn over what they absolutely are required by law) Learn something about crypto before you start spreading your bullshit.

no way in hell this is real lmfao

I wouldn't believe that if I were them. And DONT insult them or shittalk cause u will be fucked up 100%

Four pages of what? I want to open a bitstamp account.

an Actuary. I was until I made enough money in crypto to quit.

I use their exchange to onboard fiat though, so that won't necessarily work.
I genuinely thought Gemini was better than this.

Could you ask your bank to show records of receiving money?

This is completely real.
Well most of the money was received via wire transfers from someone else I know whos account I cashed out through and also who wanted me to invest in crypto for them.. That's the real problem.

So seriously Veeky Forums what do I send to Gemini?

Bitstamp and kraken are decent for fiat purchase and cashouts. You already know this, just saying to add a bit more useful info to your post. Cashing out, and sometimes, in, ain't anywhere straightforward as it should be.

Applied for Gemini a month ago. Gave passport, bank information, and everything. Still haven't been verified. Fuck these jew bothers, what does it take to be verified these days.

semen sample. to be extracted by hand in person

do you have leverage on or some dumb shit? just straight ask them if they lost their damn minds asking you such personal shit.

holy fuk is such retarded shit actually usual in burgerland?

muhh land of the free

god i hate jewSA so much

So... The money wasn't legal to begin with lmao. If so, get a lawyer.

what did you blank out op???

"i see you indicated that youre an WHAT?

tell us op

Hopefully Fairx will deliver

The money was obtained legally. It was then given to me for the purpose of putting into crytpo. A substantial amount of it came from selling previously owned crypto There's nothing illegal about this.
Nope I never use leverage.

Will someone tell me seriously what I'm supposed to send them?

I'm not paying thousands of dollars for a fucking lawyer.

And kraken and bitstamp and localbitcoins and prepaid cards and also through crypto-friendly countries like belarus, and through fairx and...

an Actuary. Which I was at one time but am not anymore.

answer this first op

Language too unprofessional and vague. Absurd list of questions. Absurd justification for the query. Sudden sensationalistic surprise.
If you think this is real, you're out of touch with reality.

If its legal show them the damn papers and cash out to a less shit exchange as soon as they let you.

just tell them you're not a wagecuck and to fuck off. If gemini ask me this shit I'm going back to gdax

did you have to fill it out when you register? are you trolling us op?

withdraw all your coins and close your account. pretty simply.

should you just transfer everything to another exchange?

don't reply and get frozen but if there's nothing in there. who gives a shiiiiiiit

good luck user

if you try to sell $500K of crypto on bitstamp you will get four pages of questions, way worse than the OP.

that has nothing to do with this. This is not related to taxes.

This is not related to taxes. It is called AML/KYC/BSA.

I JUST PHONED SUPPORT BECAUSE I COULDNT BELIEVE OPS BS

HES A LARPING FAGGOT. CASE CLOSED

Papers of what?? My brother-in-law wired me the money like I said. I don't know where he got the money, but he's a trustworthy person and I know he got it legally. Send them a picture of the wire transfer? What can I show?

I mean it doesn't matter they're still gonna have to deposit into a bank account some way or leave a paper trail. Outside of meeting some dude in a dark alley with 20k in a suitcase there is no other way to cash out without the government being able to monitor it.

The only answer would be Bitcoin and other crypto completely replacing cash where cashing out isn't necessary.

So the not being able to cash out meme was true all along...

I really iddn't realize you guys were this naive.

This happens if you deal with large sums of fiat on any crypto exchange. This is why we hate fiat guys, remember? Guilty until proven innocent is the MO.

The reason why none of you have gotten questions like this from Coinbase, Kraken, Bitstamp, Gemini, or others, is because you have not tried to cash out real sums of money.

No, $5K is not real. No, $10K is not either. Try cashing out $100K or $500K USD, and you will find it's not as easy as you think.

People that did shit like just 'found' 100 BTC and need to cash out legitimately need lawyers to argue their innocent when they face these types of questions.

Look up the Bank Secrecy Act, look up AML requirements with banks. This is all standard, and this is why we like cryptocurrencies, and not banks.

Since no one is giving you a serious answer, maybe just try explaining the truth to them?

Seems better than lying

YEP seemed suspisous to me, gemini would never ask shit like this and especially the way it's worded

I am not trolling.
>Withdraw all your coins
I have a ton of fiat in there to buy dips with. That's the only issue. And I use Gemini for new fiat, so I don't want the account frozen. Also yeah I probably had to fill out a form when I got verified over a year ago. I don't remember.

well if you're not a faggot criminal then why do you give a fuck if govt knows that you're fucking loaded with crypto and that they can park next to your lambo when they come to visit at your palatial estate?

I'm not fucking larping! That's an actual email I woke up to this morning. Fuck off I'm as surprised as you are that Gemini is pulling this shit. I would expect it from Coinbase but thought Gemini was better than this.

see

>I know he got it legally but wouldn't make an account on his own name

kek

My concern is that they hear the truth and don't believe it so they lock the account basically permanently. And I have no supporting documents. How could there be? the money was "magically" wired into my bank account. It's not illegal to receive large sums of money and invest it, but there's no way to prove anything.

Use SatoshiTango, they don't give a flying fuck what you do. I've purchased drugs with btc straight from their exchange and they never froze my account or sent me a scolding email.

You simply can't trust an exchange from a "first world" country... as bizarre as that fucking feels writing that sentence.

He's Korean. He doesn't want to pay the damn kimchi premium on all his crypto buying so he sent some to me. Get it now?

Hope he reported it as a gift or transfer on his taxes. There's a reason he didn't want to make his own account

And that reason is he's Korean and didn't want to pay the high prices in Korea. He's not hiding anything, that's the reason. And in my case I wasn't going to report that as income because like I said it's basically a gift or transfer from him, not income for me.

Where are you from OP, also how much money did you send to Gemini? Please respond

20k is an envelope not a suitcase poorfag

Localbitcoins is a DHS honeypot

yeah but technically he's supposed to report that and you too. I don't care but that's how it goes

I'm a US citizen in the US and in total sent probably about 500k through Gemini.

Ok but he's a Korean citizen in Korea. so he can report it however he wants. I'm not sure how I would report gifts on a tax form though? Do I have to report gifts that I receive? I thought it was only if I give the gift.

>20k is an envelope not a suitcase poorfag
kek

You really should talk to a lawyer you can't just say "oh I'm investing for someone" unless you have a brokers license

We'll have fiat backed cryptos, it won't matter then. We'll all be Japanese.

I'm not shilling out thousands more to speak with some Jew lawyer though.

coinbase does this too, try cashing out a lot with no explanation of where the money came from. If they just let people cash out drug money they will lose their licenses

On the 1% chance you're not trolling

> reply to them saying you don't think the e-mail is really official because they ask for your personal data
> tell them you need actual proof the email is legit or you will ignore it
> ask them on what basis do they suspect you

Can I ask you how much money did you invest?
Maybe that could help undertand

You are a fucking idiot.

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS.

THIS IS HOW BANKS WORK WITH CRYPTO

IT IS HOW THEY HAVE DONE IT SINCE DAY ONE

YOU DO NOT HAVE THIS TYPE OF POWER. YOU ARE GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT. DO NOT FUCK WITH BANKS IF YOU WANT TO OWN ACTUAL USD

Like I said above somewhere around 500k. I've never cashed out fiat from Gemini nor am I trying to. Only in, never out.

why did you lie about your profession?
don't lie to KYC exchanges about your identity, retard. it just makes you look worse when they catch you.
there are laws about investing other people's money and you're not following them.
get a lawyer and ask their advice. Veeky Forums's advice can only hurt you.

I was still an actuary when I signed up so I probably didn't lie back then. I can't afford to pay some big jew lawyer who may or may not be able to help me.

Maybe I just write back to them that I'm in between jobs at the moment and the money came from my savings?

Also
>Are you an early investor in cryptocurrency?
What the hell does that even mean? Can I claim 6 months ago is "early"? A year ago? Am I still early today?

Well I think Gemini has a legitimate suspect to think that you are laundering this money.
It's not like you invested 10k.
You can always prove that your parents incomes are proportionate to the 500k.

Well that's suspicious. You have 500k on the line and yet you pretend you don't have the money to pay for a shitty lawyer?

they are auditing you because clearly they don't believe the "savings" story.
if you lie to them now it can only get worse, because they're going to ask you to prove anything you say.
get. a. lawyer.

chill out faggot. before going all caps on them, you should make sure the email is legit and not a fucking nigerian prince or a rogue employee. this will also buy you time

>500k
you are fucked. just tell them the truth that you're a poor faggot and also traded for a richer friend. then pay half to uncle sam and they'll leave you alone.

after you cash out your share ($12) put that money into an exchange that doesn't do KYC like binance

My parents don't know I invest any of this. Also their incomes are not anywhere near 500k nor are they willing to let me see how much they make, ever.

What the fuck are you on about, mate?

Unless you actually did some sketchy shit, there are thousands of people in similar circumstances trying to move money their through these exchanges daily. Just show them records of your fiat buys for the original crypto at good prices, or send them your trading records if you've made a lot trading. Give them your social security # and address so they can verify you're a faggot NEET and not a drug king pin.

This will be fine, user. Don't worry.
Also - pay your fucking taxes.

I tried to get an account with Gemini during the boom in June/July of last year. They were taking forever to approve me and I would email them every 2 weeks trying to find out the status. Finally after like 8 weeks I got an email saying I was denied with no explanation. I do have a criminal background because of drugs so maybe they do background checks? Anyways fuck Gemini.

likewise, can't even fathom the idea of complying with demands like this from a crypto exchange. Sad!

This is why we need Payfair

>OP freaking out over a phishing e-mail

LOL.

Someone hacked Gemini DB abput 2 months ago. This is why you're receiving these harvesters

That's why I said check if legit first.

just transfer everything out. Fuck them

what if i payed a friend cash money to wire me some alt shitcoins instead? no record of me buying them, only receiving

did you really think the "cant cash out" was just a meme?