Anyone want to start an exchange?

This is not a joke post.

I have realized that every exchange is total shit tier because they all offer non-existent to horrible at best customer support.

They're literally too busy lining their pockets to worry about creating a business with a customer base that gives any shits about them.

Despite the numerous exchanges which exist, I believe a customer-focused exchange would do incredibly well in this space, and would make money hand over fist while building a product people actually value and aren't complaining about every 10 seconds.

I build and run support teams from the ground up for a living, and I get paid a nice 6 figure salary to do so. I also have experience as a product manager and in business development.

I'm looking for 2-3 rock solid devs who can program in C and would be interested in building an exchange which does not treat its customers like dirt, and understands how to scale support adequately and communicate with their customers when they are having issues.

I realize the main barrier will be regulatory, but I'm pretty sure there are ways of getting around that. That being said, if you happen to have citizenship in a country with lax regulations when it comes to these things, that may improve your candidacy.

Email me at [email protected] if interested. Tell me about your work history / why you're interested in this / what makes you the best man or woman for the job.

no pajeet, just no.

I have years of experience in website coding, will think better about this (offer). Also my country have no laws on crypto

id like to join your team as an ideas guy

>do I want to start an exchange
Sure
>with you
no

just wait for fairx like the rest of us

you really think you'd be able to do a better job of customer support than a mainstay exchange with a SHITTON of money and resources

sso.coss.io / api / invite / GMXVQA2HHL

binance.com / ? ref = 16012003

coinbase.com / join / 5a3088084e97e2024fadfab2

kucoin.com / # / ? r = 7P7QaN

Close all spaces after pasting. Thank you.

yeah Veeky Forums is the place to recruit. you want to hire people from mommy's basement, with no education or people skills. what could possibly go wrong?

Decentralized exchanges are the future; become a part of that instead of making another bank

Ethos can't come quick enough!

Right?

what about coinmetro.com

>building an exchange in C
riiiiiiiiight

Nearly all financial trading software is built in C. You do not get the job, sorry friend. Nice bobs though.

What's the best way to learn C or programming in general?

We literally know NOTHING about FairX.

For all we know it's going to be trash.

>*mix of c and c++, probably mostly c++
nobody is doing that stuff in pure c, but nice larp

Get a comp sci degree from a legit university/college, become a full stack engineer. Get a job where you have smart folks as your manager who can show you why & when your code is shit.

I have worked w/ programmers who have been self-taught & folks who went through bootcamps... the guys who got actual comp sci degrees always blow them out of the water. I'm sure there are some very smart people who do well self-taught or in a bootcamp, but I think for most the degreed track is going to be your best bet.

Note that the main thing you need to succeed is a great mind for logic. Understanding how to get from point A to Z in the most efficient way possible at all times, especially when considering every surrounding line of code.

Sorry when I say C I mean all C languages including C++ and C#. Maybe that's confusing, I'm not a dev so idk how you nerds generally talk.

your posts scream of faggotry and have a bunch of direct contradictions
good luck with getting someone to work for free from a chinese diving-board manufacturing forum
>asks for real skills but offers no compensation
>expects to be taken seriously

lol man, there is a big difference between c# and c.
secondly, support isnt the problem. You see it as a problem because you are a support person. I'm going to build an exchange myself but I dont need support. If I do, I hire some minimum wage people to read responses off a spreadsheet. Why? Because if the technical side works perfectly, they barely need to be able to read, that's how easy things are when you the systems work.
You cant do shit when they dont work.

Yes, I do.

This is not as easy as simply having money and "resources". Throwing money at support is one of the best ways to throw money in the garbage. Building an efficient support team is cheap, but takes an incredibly smart sense of support operations. I have consulted for F500 companies who have way more money than any company I've worked for but have no fucking idea what they're doing when it comes to building out their support. There are plenty of retards at the helm in that world.

You think Coinbase doesn't have a shit ton of money? Yet they can't respond to a ticket within under a week or sometimes two. That's absurdity, literally dog shit tier level coming from people who have no fucking idea how to run a business and got lucky getting in the game at the right time.

Ok, please point out my contradictions and I'll straighten things out for you.

And no, I'm not offering compensation. I'm offering equal share equity, which would be more valuable to anyone who believed they actually had a strong skillset.

You just seem like an asshole, to be frank. Don't you have anything better to do?

>I have years of experience in website coding, will think better about this (offer). Also my country have no laws on crypto
pajeet. u need have experience in stocks/orderbook dev ..etc. just pajeet website skill not enough to build enterprise exchange.

You are hedging your bets on the technical side working for something for which you have zero technical control over.

When the ETH network shits the bed because cryptokitties just clogged up everything, do you think you won't get thousands of angry customers wondering what's happening with their money?

Support is literally the only solution these exchanges have for their problems, and they're not bothering to use it.

Also if you think you're going to "hire minimum wage people to read responses off a spreadsheet", you have literally zero concept of how a strong support team functions.

One, you're already wasting money.

Two, your system reeks of shit and absolutely will not account for everything your team will encounter.

you've admitted to being technically worthless but you offer your opinions on differently backgrounded programmers.
You say you are gainfully employed in the industry but you reek of someone who has never been in a software company (offering equity only 'jobs' is a sure sign).
>I work with programmers but I lump all the C languages together including C# which can't even compile C
I'm constipated and have been for about 6 days.

Find me a company that started with founders who were paying themselves salary, please.

Just based on your ignorant posts I can tell I have probably at least a decade of work experience on you. You sound like an angry child.

Here I'll do you a favor since you're probably fucking retarded. Here's a small list of some companies which started where the founders did not pay themselves salary and only had equity:

AirBnB
Apple
Facebook
Google

Please fuck yourself to death tonight. People as dumb as you actually make me depressed. Thanks and goodbye forever, user.

look man, I worked in a company that has a great support team. It's nice to have great support. It really is, it feels comfy. But right now in the crypto space 99% of the work has to be done on the programming side, that's just a fact. You arent really offering that much and it sounds kind of like you want to be CEO or some kind of 50/50 partner.

I'd be doing more than building the support team. Like I said, I have worked as a PM and on the biz dev side. I've also been in sales. While you are coding your cute little pants off, I'd be making sure at the end of the day you actually had coins on the marketplace, customers, and money flowing in. I do genuinely think building an exchange around strong support is a great X factor, but I obviously understand there's more to building a business than that.

Anyway, it seems this board is mostly filled with people who would rather present obstacles than overcome them, which in my experience doesn't make for a desirable worker let alone partner, so I'm out. Figured it was worth a try!

>Stupid Veeky Forums questions for 500 alex
>Any company that started with founders who were paying themselves salary, please
>What are venture capital startups?

No amount of C's will make a functional exchange you dweeb.

You need several full stack developers with experience in node.js or similar

>I run support teams
>I want to build an exchange

Do you know literally anything about designing a trading engine?

Many exchanges are shit precisely because they have founders who aren't engineers or traders

that can be a selling point.
OP register washtrading.com right now

>I've been a PM, sales guy and Customer Support guy

The spoofer trifecta, congrats

You're thinking too small my dude

Three words for you:
>Decentralised
>Hatswapping
>Bazaar

die

Just be patient, anons, BlocknetDX will be here in March.

>Contacting Coinbase customer service
What a nerd. Pay the $3.99 transaction fee and quit your bitching.

>tfw already started an exchange
took about 1 month of coding, probably one of the easier things i've coded. btw it can handle tens of thousands of orders per second and uses only like 1% cpu. have about 10 altcoins so far.
exchanges are a joke.

r u real?

yes i'm not joking.

This

hows ur security? A

show ur ex

I'm an Android dev I can build a high quality app.
Do you have funding or is it bootstrapped?

security is literally impenetrable. the only thing that can take it down is maybe a ddos. only port open is https, websocket, and ssh. wallets are accessed through ssh tunnel on other machines. there are no dumbass race conditions like other exchanges because i'm not a pajeet tier. support 2fa and have csrf tokens etc.

>>C#
Welcome to Microsoft Exchange.

Ok send discord link, graphic designer standing by

Wrote a trading engine in Golang this weekend. Planning on moving forward with an exchange if Coinbase doesn't extend me an offer.

Screencap this. 6 months, Canadian exchange.

Is currently working on a project where I want to implement the trading engine as an infinite state machine in functional language. I understand the task should be nearly theoretically impossible, and even if i succeed it wont be able to handle much traffic but it's fun and giggles.

>literally
This word is a blessing to the world.
It's as if you're screaming at my ears how much of a middle class teen with nothing to do with your time that you are.
"literally" no one cares about what you've written down. Literally.

I'm genuinely surprised nobody has done this. I came to crypto last march, and by may I wanted to do this. There's such a huge niche just begging to be filled.

So why are you not promoting it?? Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with those of you who have the skills and just sit on this goldmine. There's HUGE demand for a reliable exchange.

what is this bullshit where I have to pick my execution on gdax

the reason you cant talk to anyone is because you simply cannot scale the amount of traffic you are getting. You think you can fix that? coinbase cant hire people fast enough, binance cant even keep registration open. its insane.

>my exchange will be better than exchanges funded by millions of dollars
:thinking:

probs this
the problem is not getting devs/product but finding semi-competent and semi-techsavvy people to deal with customer support and any bullshit that happens.

...lol, it won't be though will it?

(hes larping)

already applied to coinmarketcap. submitted to a few subreddits. i've actually got users on there trading now. once it gets listed on cmc should get more.