So it turns out Neo has a shit load of problems that I'm guessing are deliberately not talked about/discussed to keep...

So it turns out Neo has a shit load of problems that I'm guessing are deliberately not talked about/discussed to keep the newbies investing.

For those who missed the thread last night: tldr;
>it's a security according to Howey test, SEC will eventually categorize it as such
>exchanges not licensed for securities, so securities get delisted
>bittrex already disabling wallet for almost a month now
>next step is delist neo
>same securities laws in South Korea, EU, US, so most exchanges will eventually delist Neo
>Neo ICOs are literally plagiarizing other ICO white papers as a means of easily/quickly introducing ICOs for pumping Neo
>Neo holders don't do research, so they'd never know this
>Tx speeds are so high because Neo's nodes are centralized
>Neo ICOs are 30k to introduce a dapp, ETH is ~$1-$400

You get the idea, read the thread for more. Why the fuck does no one talk about this..? Only explanation I can think of is Neo holders don't do any research that conflicts with their idea that it's the next Eth.

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@DeepLearningBitcoin/trinity-neo-ico-copied-raiden-network-b0147975eeda
universalhealthcoin.com/
neonewstoday.com/general/projectico-ama-recap/
medium.com/@blockchen0x/bottos-bto-the-best-ai-crypto-of-2018-cb2799c81cd3
twitter.com/bottos_ai?lang=en
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bottos/#charts
support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000798731-Regarding-the-recent-SEC-Digital-Asset-Investigative-Report
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hence why I'm in it for only another month or two while the ICO craze runs its course. Target: $320. Next stop, ICX.

Time to panic-sell my Neo.

this was all really weak fud desu and most of it old. the only reason this got so much attention was because of the amount of salty anons who sold neo at either antshares or at the stagnated $30-$40 period.

if you want to sell your neo, fucking do it, no1 is stopping you. and if you don't want to buy neo? great, again nobody gives a fuck. this thing is going to 1k eoy and it doesn't need a pump from biz neets who were too stupid to buy last year.

No one in the thread addressed/dispelled any of the points that were raised.

i don't know how long you've been here, but if you aren't a newfag you would know that neo is almost never shilled here. the people who hold neo know exactly why and what they are holding, and wont ever try to defend the fud because they just. don't. care. im not even going to address the fud you can find the answers easily.

there were people in that thread trying to argue against the fud but its obvious they were newfags who bought in over $100. true neo holders don't care. so my point stands. there are neo whales on biz and if you are lucky you might see them post occasionally, but they never shll. because like i said, they honestly don't care if you buy or sell neo or if yo fud it. its going up regardless.

Why would I care about a whales opinion on Neo? Whales don't care what they hold. It's clear Neo's price will go back up, that doesn't mean shit if it goes to zero after the fact once the delistings start.

NEO was garbage from day one, it’s literally Bitconnect 2.0.

Are you really trying to fud a coin to accumulate cheaper neo during this dip how much of a jew are you faggot

My thoughts too, but why the hell is there such blind support for it? This seems to have happened with Bitconnect too.

It's not FUD if it's true.

You also havent sited, or backed up any of your claims with evidence. sources?

Every Chinese coin is a scam to move money from the west to China.

well yeah of course it's worth than ethereum. the point is people are buying it because it's better than everything else the chinks are doing right now, incl qtum (which isn't even a chinese blockchain, american creator using cheap chink labour in singapore).

I have a wise friend who told me that, too.

It's not wise.

Why would you need second ETH platform? I mean seriously, it does dapps well enough and it's actually in use for trading crytpo because it's not slowmo like bitcoin.

Sure is a nice lure with the passively generated GAS though, isn't it?

Kind of like how IOT chain is excatly like IOTA, except it's closed sourced and mostly just a scam.

>Neo ICOs are literally plagiarizing other ICO white papers as a means of easily/quickly introducing ICOs for pumping Neo

This is just untrue, please provide source or fuck off

>Neo ICOs are 30k to introduce a dapp, ETH is ~$1-$400

The target market is different. NEO doesn't want some basement dwelling neckbeard filling the blocks with cryptokitties, or the wave of ICO scams that ETH is subject to. It's aimed at institutional investors. 30k is nothing to a serious company that secures funding due to actually providing a serious, non-scam product.

Remember this '$30k' is 30k worth of GAS (much less now the price of everything has dumped), this number is only at 30k because the value of GAS has risen so much recently, it is not a requirement in dollars. This GAS value can also be changed at will if needed, it's an arbitrary number which promotes GAS activity on the network.

>Tx speeds are so high because Neo's nodes are centralized
decentralization is the single biggest issue being addresssed by the NEO council. They are literally actively working on it. Just a couple of days ago a big dutch ISP announced they are going to be hosting a node. If you did any form of research you would know this has been addressed.

I literally feel the dopamine flowing in my brain when I look at that picture.

Ah, the Neo accumulator shill. Thanks, just sold 100k.

ITT: extremely salty OP who missed the NEO moon mission and who is too poor to buy the dip in time for the Mars mission.

You misread. I was saying my friend who warned me about chinkcoins was wise.

Go suck a bag of dicks OP.

because chinks, the only country that has any chance of being able to create a "chinese" blockchain copy of something, and see use for it inside china.

when/if bitcoin gets unchinked, it's probably a good idea to have a couple of chinkcoins, and neo is one of the few that actually has unique development that isnt just a fork of something else, that's all.

>This is just untrue, please provide source or fuck off

medium.com/@DeepLearningBitcoin/trinity-neo-ico-copied-raiden-network-b0147975eeda

The absolute state of Neo holders.

Didn't read any of the thread from last night that covered all this shit. Kek.

t. anything that conflicts with my beliefs about Neo must be a conspiracy

God speed you glorious retards.

this really looks like a chick i know. I think its actually her. sauce?

i dont know why you think whining about it on Veeky Forums is going to make any difference whatsoever

of course i didn't read your 54th fucking FUD thread from last night you idiot.

Mathematically speaking it could

>mfw you're just now realizing this isn't baseless fud so are in full blown cognitive dissonance mode

WHOOOAAAA A SINGLE ICO COPIED A PAGE IN THEIR WHITEPAPER THE WHOLE NEO BLOCKCHAIN IS A SCAMM

it's not like there has ever been a scam ICO on ETH, ever, nope, never has been such a thing.

NEO must be held personally accountable for this 3rd party company plagiarizing part of their whitepaper, because NEO absolutely personally vet everything that all 3rd party companies do.

Oh boy, you went all in didn't you? Yikes.

lol, no, i'm not. i'm not a late adopter like you, so im quite happy with the few hundred x from chinkcoins like neo. i dont give a fuck about the project any more than it was one of the only chinkcoins on my shortlist.

you think i don't already have 8 figures of coins like ethereum?

i really don't understand your crying.

No, but you're calling out the entire NEO product due to the (now corrected) actions of a single ICO.

Did you do the same for ETH when confido literally exit scammed? I'll bet my left nut you didn't.

ETH is the next ETH

Ethereum ecosystem is so far ahead in terms of everything it's ridiculous. 90% of human capital and money is in ETH. NEO EOS ADA and all the rest are just buzzword machines for the stragglers that hope to make x10000

So i guess they fooled Microsoft too, eh? Please stop fudding and gtfo!

no shit. the only reason i would ever put money in neo is because it's chinky. eos is 100% doa, just look at dan's other failed projects, and cardano looks interesting but by the time they have contracts ethereum will be even more dominant in the space.

Classic straw man. Lol. Total denial.

>Please

What do you think about raiden? Worth putting some money into?

Are you telling me Microsoft dont do research before partner with someone in whatever?

doa. vitalik is 100% against it, as is most of the ethereum dev team, thanks to their token bait and switch. nobody's going to bother integrating with it when vitalik is working on/funding a direct competitor himself.

>No, but you're calling out the entire NEO product due to the (now corrected) actions of a single ICO.

address this fucker

wew lad, Ive been contemplating it, didnt know they were that against it though. What are they building as a competitor?
I'm hoping the koreans sort themselves out for ICX and become more like japan. Surprised there is fud in korea of all places.

Straw man you retard. How is it even possible to be this retarded? Hur dur this thread is about ICOs now, not the fact it's getting delisted. Lol oh man.

Thanks OP, I had my doubts about NEO.

I think they're gonna get hammered on the exchanges after this crash. They are an obvious target for regulation.

>cheap chink labour in singapore
It costs 3x as much to hire a singaporean worker than it is to hire an amerimutt, you stupid pajeet. How fucking dumb is this board? Megacorps keep their manufacturing operations in China/India/Mexico for a reason. They dont ever go to fucking Japan or Singapore.

YOU specifically named this as an issue, so address my counter point, retard.

it may get classified as a security by retards who don't know what NEO is. The token isn't a share in the onchain company, and it doesn't pay you dividends. To the retarded untrained eye it looks like a share paying dividends, so I'll forgive you.

its not like he's completely against the concept, but he is against the way it's been executed by the raiden team. he's working with one of creators of the lightning network on something called plasma, which is a little different since it also supports contract calls and executions whereas i think raiden is simple value transfer only, i could be wrong on that though.

either way i would probably avoid buying those tokens because by the time they get around to be useful well probably already have sharding and at least a working testnet model of plasma.

wherever he's hiring them, it's not for the quality of developers. there's no real reason for the developers to be over there, just the "company" for legal reasons. it might have been HK, either way, i dont care too much about fraudulent projects to remember the exact details.

>pajeet
thats cute

The SEC literally has a test for this that Neo fits the criteria of being labeled a security.

the SEC guidelines are not updated to account for decentralized consensus protocols. They are fucking dinosaurs.
As I said, it will look like a security to the untrained eye.
The SEC are not trained in DBFT consensus protocol technology.

This.

>can only code products in a single, bespoke programming language
>companies need to re-hire or re-train developers in order to even begin making a product
>inexperienced solidity devs already responsible for multi million $$$ hacks via shitty code
>already hitting scaling issues due to shitty games which are allowed to clog up the super massive double digit per second tx speed
>will continue to become more and more congested with massive tx times and fees until plasma is released """""soon""""""

Why do we need another platform????

the first two points are just false. would have thought someone interested in an eth "competitor" would understand eth.

Neo is trash.

My argument is different.

China forbids ICOs and promises to reinforce more band and authorities on the crypto market.

NEO a Chinese creator platform...

For what?
If I’m from another country why would I use this Chink ICO platform stablished on a country that regulates it hard?

>implying the chinks will give a fuck

you wouldn't, the point is chinkland is the only place that likes to have their own clones of global things, so it's probably worth a bet. not at any of these prices though, maybe if you got 7+ months ago.

what is presented without evidence can be dismissed without evidence

What?

You can only code ETH dapps in solidity, this is a fact.

Solidity is only used on ETH, no where else, therefore if a company wants to build a product on ETH they need to hire devs who are experienced in Solidity, this means either re-hire or re-train their current dev team.

What is false about this?

>hurr securities
so fucking what, why won't the dirty regultors ust fuck off
>hurr durr you cannot be making money you evil goys

so what do they want us to trade? useless pure utility tokens with absolutely no investment purpose/holding incentives?

it's funny how every new ico has worse and worse token economics
>hurr we are sec ompliant tho :))
fuck off, most of them admit in their Whitepapers that the tokens have no reason to gain in value so why do they have the audacity to ask us for 15-30m usd for something that is fucking worthless?

reminder that it's illegal for the common man to invest in start-ups and etc because of "extreme risk" but it's ok for the goys to play state lotteries and invest in mutual funds

>this is a fact
you realize ethereum itself has multiple language built in you can write contracts with, by default?

i mean jesus fucking christ dude.

man It triggers my every fucking time I think about it.

fucking nanny state pretends they are worried about you losing your money
my ass
the only thing they're worried about is that you may end up using your own money to make even more money and stop buying their useless crap toys/breaking your slave chains

also they have no problem double/triple/etc taxing everything.
Think about it, everytime money changes hands (whether it's a big gift, investment, you sell your house, fucking whatever) the government takes a chunk in taxes, so imagine we play this crypto game with no new money flowing in, it's not even a 0 sum game it's a negative sum game bacause the fucking governments will keep taxing us until there is nothing left in the pool.

Not only do those fucks rob us by printing more for themselves out of thin air but also taking away from us at the same time.
>hurr accredited investors only
>durr high risk investments are bad for you
>just keep wageslaving for mr nosberg, he will make sure you stay safe and stable forever

NEO is a global platform. It does not only support chinese products. The chinese gov rules matter just as much for NEO as they do for ETH and every other platform.

NEO itself was funded by an ICO, they've actually fully refunded all initial investment back to ICO funders to make sure they are fully compliant. It is BY FAR the most regulation/KYC/AML compliant platform in the world.

so name them and provide source.
google literally shows nothing but solidity.
I will happily eat shit if proven wrong.

but only for chinese regulations. it's a good hedge against chinese penetration of ethereum, but it will absolutely not see western usage.

you're just acting like a little bitch like op now, after being proven wrong. just stiop wasting everyone elses time.

>after being proven wrong

You've yet to disprove a single point in OP. Patiently waiting.

Who is this girl, and why are ahegaos so hot?

agreed on everything you said. i told myself i wasn't going to put more money into crypto but the more i think about it the more that it's not about cashing out back to kikebucks ever. crypto has made me actually take interest and do research into how our financial systems, fiat currency, etc works. i want no more part in it, it's dishonest at best and tyrannical at worst, probably somewhere in between. i'm going to wait a bit and buy this dip or buy ETH if it hits $750 again. i fucking hate even seeing cash now because of what it implies

universalhealthcoin.com/

American healthcare product moved from ETH to NEO

neonewstoday.com/general/projectico-ama-recap/

American ICO support platform moving from ETH to NEO

>many programming languages
>oh yeah? what ones?
>stop being a little bitch!"!!!!!

so uh....what ones?
I'm not even trying to be a cunt, I want you to educate me. Like I said, I will concede if you can tell me, but I can't find it myself. Fucking help me out here.

Programming languages are irrelevant. It's frameworks and libraries that attract devs dip shit. Neo working with multiple languages is to get normies on board who don't know shit about coding.

please stop moving the goal posts and link me something that says you can code an ethereum smart contract without having to learn solidity.

Perhaps, user, consider looking into BOTTOS / $BTO? It shares blood with $NEO.

> medium.com/@blockchen0x/bottos-bto-the-best-ai-crypto-of-2018-cb2799c81cd3
> twitter.com/bottos_ai?lang=en
> coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bottos/#charts

It caught my eye from a few shill posts wanting people to pick up bags at $0.30+. I'm personally not touching it for anything less than $0.17, which it is currently trading under.

same
I was on /pol/ for quite some time before discovering crypto, so I was already pretty redpilled but this market truly opened my eyes on this fucking double theft and financial slavery going on. Even if you find a high paying job, they will make sure to do everything so that you don't reitre at a young age, showing them the middle finger, either through taxation, forced health insurance etc
it's even worse with investing
>hey, goy, what you looking at? keep wageslaving, those investment opportunities are not for you.

>I was on /pol/ for quite some time before discovering crypto, so I was already pretty redpilled but this market truly opened my eyes on this fucking double theft and financial slavery going on
exactly the same for me

>forced health insurance
i called this as another way to specifically drain the middle class of their money. i hate all of this so god damn much

god damn ignorance is bliss

watching plebs arguing about NEO and ETH while slowly accumulating more ARK aka top 3 coin 2018 EOY

>hey, goy, what you looking at? keep wageslaving, those investment opportunities are not for you.
gas the kikes race war now

No its not.

>Howey test
>"a contract, transaction or scheme whereby a person invests his money in a common enterprise and is led to expect profits solely from the efforts of the promoter or a third party."

So is NEM a security than??

Likely yes, there are a number of cryptos that meet the criteria and will be delisted. Neo is by far the largest.

wouldn't this include VEN as well?

>delisted
delisted by whom?

will it matter? Won't the price of NEM still be upheld by asian markets that don't give no fuck about what the US says?

Securities laws are similar to US/EU in many asian countries.

So basically If i buy NEM or NEO i'm asking to get JUST'ed?

what stops someone from opening an exchange based in some country that gives 0 fucks?

>buy xmr on binance or wherever
>trade to uncucked exchange
>buy neo
>transfer to private wallet
????

that's our hope, that there will be some big exchanges opening in tax heaven type of countries.
Imagine neet trading some highly deflationary assets on some freaking exotic exchange and the us/eur cuck regulators can go fuck themselves

What good is deflationary asset if no one wants to buy it? Red pill me on that goy.

support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000798731-Regarding-the-recent-SEC-Digital-Asset-Investigative-Report

Read this, specifically:

>Prior to listing any new token, Bittrex performs this facts and circumstance analysis and considers if a token might be deemed a security under the Howey Test, prior to listing. We strive to only list “use” tokens or tokens which represent a good or service. We conduct a thorough compliance review to avoid listing tokens that may be deemed a security. We believe this is industry best practice and we are pleased that the SEC Report reaches a similar conclusion.

and NEO is listed anyway. It is however most likely the reason they do not pay out GAS on the exchange.

trading of the token itself on an exchange does not classify as a security. Holding NEO in a personal wallet where you contribute consensus and voting to the network, and claim GAS, will most likely classify as a security.

>making something illegal makes people not want to buy it

what do you mean? did you confuse "defationary" with "depreciating"?

well they can do fuck all about people staking coins in their wallets so that's good

so they get to keep the gas that the neo generates and we move our coins into personal wallets and collect gas for ourselves

seems fine to me

thanks, buying dip.

You are such a butt hurt, fudding faggot. Bro get over selling at $45 and buy ICX like the faggot you are.

Doesn't matter, Neo's status as a security is still pending as far as the SEC is concerned. Bittrex is likely just using it to cover its ass, which is why it doesn't pay GAS.

so bittrex, using SEC guidelines, have determined that their listing of NEO (no GAS payments) doesn't classify it as a security.

What would the SEC, using SEC guidelines, do to change this?

reminder that bittrex only makes up for 5%-7% of NEO volume worldwide, if they delisted because they got cucked by the freedom police, I'm not sure anyone would care too much.

You'd need to be able to read the original Mandarin whitepaper and PR to run the Howey Test on it. No one has done that. There's a fair chance that it is not a security. Exchanges don't want to know either way until someone raises a case with the SEC specific to NEO.

Bittrex are just fucking incompetents who can't get NEP-5 up and running on their exchange wallet. Maybe they should have an in-house programmer who can read NEO's instructions on how exchanges can manage tokens and distribute GAS. But Bittrex is too lazy and retarded cuz muh contractors don't need benefits!

The compliant exchanges in South Korea/Japan haven't listed NEO. They might well not but can feel free to list GAS which is not a security. If they list GAS (the thing you actually need to use the NEO network) and people/companies start using the GAS, I'll laugh myself to sleep every night on the tokens my stack of NEO shit out. If some company wants my governance tokens, I'm sure I'll be able to OTC trade them for a generous amount of cash.

Plagiarism sucks but it's not on NEO. Remember they're supposed to be decentralized. All they can do is raise the bar so that it's harder to proliferate scamcoins. They can also make burdensome projects pay their share (cryptokitties). That's good.

Most NEO holders do little research. Same probably goes for ETH but with more people in ETH, they have proportionately more bright people.

Tx speeds are great and doubly so is the finality because we don't have to wait for confirmations. Also, our centralized nodes can run bomb hardware unlike the raspberry pis running Eth's direct democracy.

NEO ICOs are expensive. The barrier is high. It can be lowered because we don't risk causing a fork by doing so.

*only thing I don't like is that one of the successful contest DApps implemented EVAL. That's a fucking terrible idea and the ability to do that should be purged from NEO instead of calling the DApp a success*

are all pos coins securities or is neo different because of the seperate gas coin?

the GAS payment is the main factor that could classify NEO as a security, as it could be seen as an 'expectation of profit' from an investment made into NEO.

>EVAL
Can you clarify what this is please?

Nigga ETH is a scam. Vitalik fucked everyone over for money. Ethereum classic is the true chain. Fuck Vitalik