Redpill on Bitcoin Crash

>current state of meme coiners

As a serious investor I need a redpill on whether this crash is politically motivated and whether it'd be a smart move to make a move on getting in now? As far as my luck goes I believe if I went in now it'll go below 4000$

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2018/01/16/over-200000-sign-petition-in-south-korea-to-stop-bitcoin-regulation.html
youtube.com/watch?v=daomo982iok
theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/17/bitcoin-continues-slide-drop-russia-china-regulatory-fears-cryptocurrency
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Okay so what I know is that the whales sold 2.5 billion worth in order for BCH to be their next target which should have actually replaced BTC a while ago. This caused panic selling across the board. Just keep an eye out for spearhead investing.

Bitcoins Blockchain became so extensive that to keep it running means less profit, which is why bitcoin cash came into play (it’s also why there’s so many shitcoins about gaining traction)

The truth of the matter is, bitcoin cash and bitcoin are going to “flip” and because of that, shits gonna get a lil funky with the markers. Screen cap this and remember it in 6 months

No and no

>serious investor
>seeks advice on /pol/.
Fuck off LARPer

So I was thinking about dropping 20 bucks on dogecoin for giggles. Thoughts?

I got 11,000 USD cash lying around as spare money. Not everyone is a fucking virgin neckbeard like you, koala fucker.

BTC is like a meme. The more popular the meme the higher the value because the more it is appreciated.

As a man of memes, I deal in only rare pepes but I can understand why some would like to deal in the BTC meme if they aren't getting NEETbux

The only reason to buy shitcoins is as a hedge against inflation

Isn't korea china and russia on the verge of banning memecoin trading and isn't that why the crash is occurint? What makes BCH of any value when the whole world is deciding to dampen the crypto trade?

It's still not cheap enough for me to buy more.

>that top story headline
journalism is such a fucking joke.

Bloody SELL...the (((central bankers))) are coming

Dogecoin spiked because bitcoin did, it will most likely keep losing value for some time.

Reminder to coin cùcks who thought they were gonna make it with memes..... you got BTFOOOOOOOOOOOO

Indeed. Memes are exponentially more valuable than coinfaggotry.

rip those that bought bitcoin at 19k price.
getting raped by an elephant was a better deal.

HOLY SHIT
HAPPENING
HOLY SHIT
HAPPENING
HOLY SHIT
HAPPENING
HOLY SHIT
HAPPENING
HOLY SHIT
HAPPENING
HOLY SHIT
HAPPENING

If it drops below 7k some people are literally going to kill themselves.

No, that's what precious metals are for

>serious investor
>asking /pol/ for investment advice

Ok

you should see the Veeky Forums gore threads.

Imo it is now proven its not stable at all. Its pretty high risk to invest when could go either way. My plan is to wait a few more weeks to stabilize and buy 1 and just sit on it and hope it pays off many years later.

kind of happy that the fags who bought at the peak are getting btfo
(it will bounce back lads but might take 1-2 years, that's the bitcoin curve: exponential growth, waver, crash - it is still valued highly compared to mid 2016 for example)

interesting times though

>normies trying to in2 crypto, likely getting fucked
>central banks, big actors getting in, likely hoovering profit
>revolutionaries building new technologies against centralisation
>status quoers embedding their wealth into secure technologies
>new forms of contract enable greater trust
>complex levels of tech stop normies being able to access the full power of crypto

we're developing a 2 tier system between wily consumers (smart people) and victims of the technocalypse (smart phone users)

serves you guys right for using a securitising technology as a vessel for speculation. thinking it was as stable as ([godl])

A few grand for oddball shit like this isn't that far-fetched, ausbro. Just because he has it to play with doesn't mean he doesn't want to take it seriously. /pol/ does come through from time to time.

Already habbenin

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

at least 2/3 are trolls

>As a serious investor I need a redpill on whether this crash is politically motivated and whether it'd be a smart move to make a move on getting in now?
No. The crash isn't politically motivated. Bitcoin was priced in the 10k+ range because people wanted to own bitcoin and were willing to pay for it. Once people started selling their bitcoin reserves, the amount of money people were willing to pay for it reduced.

19k+ for a bitcoin is a bubble anyway. You know only a few people (idiots) would offer such money for a currency that isn't widely used by the general public.

There is no crash as Veeky Forums and other fuckers on /pol/ are postulating. There are few idiots in the market. Perhaps the real exchange is somewhere in the range of $100-$500 for every bitcoin - because bitcoin allows you to trade in the black market with few repercussions.

That's about all there is to bitcoin - use it to trade on the black market. It has no other viable use currently that the $ does not have as well.

People are literally too stupid to understand how bitcoin fluctuations work. This is the same pattern as the first 3 bitcoin curves, It is going to go down to about 7000, it may go lower but I guarantee you now that it will go up to 100,000 if the government or jews keep their noses out of it. It was designed to do such a thing. It's worth is entirely based off of the amount of electricity it takes to hash out the blocks.

cnbc.com/2018/01/16/over-200000-sign-petition-in-south-korea-to-stop-bitcoin-regulation.html

It's ogre. This is just the beginning. Bitcoin is fucked. Expect the Jews to roll out a crypto that is government friendly and easier to use to buy shit.

You going to be sitting a worthless coin. If it does bounce back you better cash out at 15k

My biggest problem with BTC is that there's no good way to cash out; I've been trying to get registered at an exchange for going on a month now and still can't even trade much less cash out. I figured the 20k spike would probably be the end for BTC and was hoping to cash out what meager amount I had, but there really isn't a good way to liquidate.

>It has no other viable use currently that the $ does not have as well.

there will be many like this user
who say btc has no use, or nothing to offer beyond a fiat currency.
by now you should be aware of the counter arguments
-it is not a fiat currency (no central bank, no printing)
-it is the commonly accepted king of the cryptos, all exchanges accept it as payment for other cryptos, particularly new currencies that banks won't transact with
-crypto isn't just bitcoin and the multifarious uses for crypto all lead back to it being a technology of value. although this doesn't necessarily translate to value in U$

>there is no crash

Idiots, cash out at 100,000 or 1 million don't cashout when it's just getting started.

Can't wait to see it crash

You buy shit with it dumb dick, meet somebody in person and do a secure transfer for a brief case full of cash or gold.

Bitcoin takes electricity to even exist, every transaction also takes electricity.
Therefore the market is determined based off the amount of electricity used. Electricity is run by the government and local areas.
So Bitcoin is literally just another stock now.

$7500 is perfect for getting in because that was the point of the previous breakout. Retesting this to confirm support means we are in a healthy correction.

Buying little bits from here down to $7500 would be my advice.

$50k to $100k somewhere this year.

No one is falling for your tricks kike.

anyone else on the boat
>hodl until 2050
>hand over 0.001BTC to my children to buy a section of mars
>sit back and sip salty tear juice
>tip the nocoiner waiter 0.0000000001satoshi
>he cries fresh tears, free refils

>-it is not a fiat currency (no central bank, no printing)
>-it is the commonly accepted king of the cryptos, all exchanges accept it as payment for other cryptos, particularly new currencies that banks won't transact with
>-crypto isn't just bitcoin and the multifarious uses for crypto all lead back to it being a technology of value. although this doesn't necessarily translate to value in U$
How are any of these pros...

>he doesn't know about coin memes
You should head over to our place at and learn how we use meme magic to get rich.

MFW it continues to drop and plebs have to get a real job

>It's worth is entirely based off of the amount of electricity it takes to hash out the blocks.

You're putting the cart before the horse. The amount of energy it makes sense to spend on mining is determined by the value of the bitcoins... The bitcoins themselves are a finite resource.

I knew it, it's time for BIKONNNEEEEEEEK 2 shine

Bitcash doesnt have the security of bitcoin

People buying into it for cheap transactions are going to get fucked hard in a major hack

So when they run out of bitcoins to mine is when it dies?

yeah it goes to 8000 there is a limit under which the bitcoin won't fall.

Look at this chart, and then you decide if you want to invest in bitcoin.

And it just keeps dropping.

>People angrily/desperately telling people to HODL or buy in
For those out of the know, if people don't buy in now it won't regain any value. And the people HODLing are just going to keep losing more and more.

They should lose everything. They're fucking morons.

Diversify now! The market might be 1-3 thousand overvalued. Or maybe we are heading to a new age of economic growth due to tax and regulatory cuts. Sea floor farming, government enforced homosexuality, and vast pleasure domes are the future. Btw, it might be a good idea to buy trash while it’s still cheap. You’ll thank me later.

>there will be many like this user
There already are other cryptocurrencies. That's not my argument.
>who say btc has no use, or nothing to offer beyond a fiat currency.
I will address this shortly.
>by now you should be aware of the counter arguments
Which are false, and I will also address this shortly.
>-it is not a fiat currency....

Fiat currencies are myth sold to the public. There can never truly be a Fiat currency. All currencies have some underlying value that is hidden from the public. Before you sperg out, read what I say next.

The dollar is backed by oil. Countries want to buy oil from SA and other OPEC countries and thus need to get Dollars from the U.S. to buy the oil. The only way they can get $$ from the U.S. is via financial gibs and trading with the U.S.

Thus, if you want to buy T.V.s from China, or stuff from Japan, you need to pay $$ if you're in the U.S.

Bitcoin is not backed by oil. Bitcoin's underlying value lies in it not being taxed currently. Thus, it can be used for trade on the black market. There are vendors who use Bitcoin. Some are stupid and have bought into the hype. Some are clever and use it to launder their money from illegal trade.

Learn to see through the financial system bong. Don't just jump on a bandwagon because people hype up shit.

Learn to deduce a currency's true value. You'll see for yourself which currencies in the world are shit.

Also, before you sperg out and say that all other currencies other than the $$ are Fiat, you're right. Most currencies other than the $$ are not backed by anything but the willingness of some people in a country to use it. $$ is backed by oil which makes it very strong.

nothing is happening. bitcoin isnt dead here the proof, sorry for the shit quality pic. you can check it by yourself anyways.
if you didnt withdrew yet, its too late, you can only sit on the corner and take the beating
dont listen to the no coiner fags
its just the chinks withdrawing their money and causing a panic, the reason probably the chinesse new year, for them is like christmas, they buy expensive shit to show their wealth

It doesn't run out... it's like zeno's paradox, as you get closer, they give out less and less bitcoins

Idiot. That's when the value increases ten times as there's only limited supply available to HODL. You must be 18+ to post here ya fucking wAnK3r

>there is no crash
What I was implying here is that the bitcoin market is small. If the MSM spins it as a mega event, then they're outright lying. Majority of the population has not invested in bitcoin like they do in the stock market. It's just people on the fringe who think Bitcoin has some value, when it actually doesn't.

> It's worth is entirely based off of the amount of electricity it takes to hash out the blocks.

This is so retarded, who started this shitty meme?

As a serious investor you should have read some warren buffet and know the difference between investing and speculating. Crypto is speculation.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Brah please tell me people didn't mortgage their house and bought the meme coin.

If you've been the crypto for a few years this isn't a big deal, but the latecomers thinking this shit is going to 100k are fucked. I think pension funds also bought into it.

Let the bodies hit the floor

People who realized they could take advantage of idiots. Humorously, the main guy may have died years ago.

>Bitcoin takes electricity to even exist, every transaction also takes electricity.
Kek.

Not necessarily. Energy isn't controlled by the government.

Long story short the world went fucking nuts for internet bucks for a bit realized hey wait a minute i cant use this shit in my daily life what the fuck did i even just buy. Oh shit better sell. The bubble may has popped and we might see a return to normalcy. If you buy its a long hold.

I had 90k in crypto a few days ago, now its 49k.

I'm in ETH mostly. I got in so early I won't lose $ unless eth goes sub100, which isn't likely.

I'll just wait this shit out. Seems to happen every january.

>central bank
if you don't understand why central banks are bad, lurk moar, read a history book and lurk moar
also look up how fiat currencies work and you'll quickly see their flaws

>king of crypto
have you heard about how countries around the world [in the last few decades] used US$ as the go to medium currency? off the top of my head, i could name 10 african and 10 asian countries that semi-oficially use US$ as their go-between because their own currency is fledgeling or too unstable.
bitcoin is the same in the crypto world; it's easy to in2 with established networks and services - no it's not as stable as US$ but it does get results, you can buy any other crypto with BTC, you can't necessarily do that with US$. This is an important point as time goes on, either BTC will become entrenched as the crypto of last resort, or it will be subsumed by (i presume) a better, more effective currency form.

>crypto has many forms
as things like smart contracts, crypto derivatives, donation schemes, in browser mining develop; they will lead to a big new industry in cryptographic finance, this lends an inherent value to cryptographic systems like the blockchain - it's hard to put a monetary value on these things, btu they could be one of the things to help save us from tyrannical governments.

as i have mentioned, the biggest threat is the ignorance of the average user / consumer. bitcoin is not a toy, it's a political cause, it's the future and it requires deep understanding or you WILL be robbed, as all the ponzi-tears on redd!ck will testify.

>Before you sperg out, read what I say next.
>Bitcoin's underlying value lies in it not being taxed currently

please see this post ^^^.

also, oil is not a good standard to pin your currency to. it has not worked well for any country since the oil boom ended. and it will only get worse if you cannot diversify your economic ideologies lel

READ, LEARN, EVOLVE

>underlying value
The material there minted with?
Remember when a penny was worth more as scrape metal

Of course a coin fag would say this, however what has changed is China and South Korea thinking about banning or regulating Bitcoin.

youtube.com/watch?v=daomo982iok

can you redpill me on fun?

also whats the deal with chainlink?

>So when they run out of bitcoins to mine is when it dies?
Satoshi always intended for there to about 21 million (or billion, I forget) bitcoins in the world. Each time a miner mines a bitcoin by solving some retarded problem (some crypto stuff) they get some bitcoins. Also, some people act like ledgers and validate all bitcoin transactions - this also gives them bitcoins. Satoshi always intended for bitcoins to be finite. Thus as miners solve more problems and validate more transactions, they receive fewer and fewer bitcoins. Once it reaches 21 million (or billion, I forget) bitcoins, the next set of problems will be impossible to solve in one's lifetime (or they run out of problems - once again, I forget which one).

Bitcoin doesn't die after this. It's just that there will be 21 million (or billion) bitcoins in the system that people will use.

FUN actually has a working product; a fucking rarity in this space. Solid team with actual real world experience.

Strong buy and hold.

LARP thread to shill Bcash. Saged.

But energy consumption will out value at some point. Then it will die?
Keep telling your self (and all your friends) that

theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/17/bitcoin-continues-slide-drop-russia-china-regulatory-fears-cryptocurrency

Coin fags about to be btfo. China is liquidating

The same way the federal reserve isn't controlled by the government. Checkmate

this is what, the twelfth "CHINA IS BANNING BITCOIN FOR REAL THIS TIME GUYZ111!!11"?

>please see this post ^^^.
>READ, LEARN, EVOLVE
Why are you sperging out just cause I don't find you reasoning convincing? Are you a bitcoin investor who's currently butthurt? No? Then chill. I'm willing to be convinced that bitcoin is good, but you don't have any good assertions.
>also, oil is not a good standard to pin your currency to.
It's an excellent good to pin your currency to right now. All economies need oil. You want eggs in the morning? Guess what? The farmer who rears the chickens for those eggs needs petrol to get your eggs to the market where you buy them. Modern economy is built on oil.
>it has not worked well for any country since the oil boom ended.
It's worked wonders for us. Of course it doesn't work for you because the pound is not backed by oil. The British had a strong deal with SA before WW2, which SA reneged on after WW2 because Britain was in tatters. Britain doesn't have any leverage in the oil trade.
>and it will only get worse if you cannot diversify your economic ideologies lel
True, there will come a time when we have to move away from oil. But perhaps at that time there will be another superpower that does this.

Implying they won't and create their own secure crypto.

You need to take the fuck up son. These chinks ain't playing.

In the U.S.A. energy is controlled by the government.
This is to ensure that all energy rates are fair and competitive.
Any extra energy you the user add in is rebated back to you and only a set number of fossil fuels can be used per capita each pay cycle.
Where I live the federal limit states 15% of energy is made with fossil fuels. Due to a hydroelectric dam.

>digital currency
>not using energy
All things use energy, this thing happens to be more expensive with its energy usage.
It takes a shit ton of electricity to hash a bitcoin.

Can I call people niggers and faggots there?

they already have many government backed coins

No fuckstick. This fucking piece of shit website has NO INFLUENCE over the price of bcash. Holy shit when will any of you get a financial education?

>if you don't understand why central banks are bad
Why don't you just tell us why central banks are bad? If you're argument is central banks are bad and everyone who challenges you on that must go read a book, then you come off as the tinfoil. Not the person who challenged you.

Central banks are not inherently bad. They have their pros, otherwise they wouldn't exist. Obfuscation of information on how many currency units there are in an economic system from the public is bad. Central banks actively obfuscate this information from the public and thus they are bad.
>also look up how fiat currencies work and you'll quickly see their flaws
Once again, you're taking the extreme view. Fiat currencies are not inherently bad. Even if a currency is fiat - does not have any underlying value other than people wanting to use that money to trade it - fiat currencies ease transactions by not forcing society to regress to a barter system. The whole point of currency is to ensure smooth trade - sure, this is not necessarily the reason why they were created, but currencies exist because they ease trade. Else you can I would have to haggle over how many oranges I must give you for 10 of your apples - not an efficient system.

The rest of your post is either your prediction, which you are entitled to, or you sperging out on how other currencies are bad.

That's just anarchist talk.
You want to bring down your own government?
That's retarded as abolishing currency.
By doing so, it only paves the way for something worse.
You want to control the government, not destroy it.
I can't see your flag atm, but your ethuer a flag burning American or a EU supporter.
Coiners are scum, you might as Well be jewish with no national identity at this point

i dont have any BTC, so I don't give a fuck about bitcoin, just saying this has been done several times before.

Brainlet here I fell for the meme

>tfw down $2000

ITT: hurr durr, national banks, governments, and regulations are bad, not the people making them.
Imma vote for Clinton, trump is a racist biggot #not my president #we will not be devided #BLM

>underlying value
>The material there minted with?
No, that line of reasoning is for high-schoolers.

The true value of a currency is that it eases trade. I don't have to exchange my potatoes for your apples if we have a currency. I can just give you some money, when you can then use to buy something else. The cause of creating money has different historical reasons, but they all exist today because they ease trade between two or more parties.

The underlying value of a fiat currency is the willingness of a group of people to trade it in - they don't want to barter and want to use a financial instrument to ease their transactions - currency.

Currencies that are backed by a product or service ($ backed by oil) are not fiat. People will be forced to trade in that currency irrespective of whether they believe in its value or not.

Post yfw people kill themselves over this

>has TRON

you deserve every bad thing that you get.

>serious investor
>Wants to buy meme coins.

Saged and hang yourself

it's another bitcoin goes down and everyone panics before it shoots to new highs episode

go to the daily discussion thread on reddit for XRP and BTC; they're gonna start soon.

WHo the fuck even buys these discount off brand bitcoins?

>hey man I got 250$ worth of POE coins that i wanna sell. Made a solid profit of 35$ on it hodling for 6 months
>"sorry m8 don't need any poo coins"

Lmao you deserve the hit brainlet bruh

>digital currency
>not using energy
>All things use energy,
Moron, I was laughing at what this user
said. I wasn't thinking of anything different from what you said.