Explain me those futures!!!

Ok i admit im a newfag i bought in at the fucking worst time at 18k/btc because all that stuff needed that long (actually i wanted to buy at 12k) i was daytrading all the way up and now im where i started again. But since i just put in 2,5k dollars whic h is about my monthly salaray i dont rly fucking care.

The thing is, i want to know more about those futures. I want to find out where maybe the reason for the Big dip is. As i said i dont really care about the money, i wanna find out what is behind it.

Other urls found in this thread:

colehortonchannel.com/2018/01/16/the-current-market-situation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you must lurk at least 1 year before you are allowed to post faggot

its the jews at Wall St manipulating the market so they can profit from those futures. The timing of this crash and the futures expiring isn't a coincidence.

bump bump bump

this guy gets it
now that the price tanked they're short positions won't generate that much returns at this level. they know that going long would be more profitable. when the media starts praising BTC again due to LN being released (which is also not a coincidence) i'm sure WS is controlling the release of LN. it's ready they just didn't want to roll it out yet. the MEDIA is going to get a hard on and praise BTC's tech advancement and that everyone should buy it bla bla bla. that's when you know a new ATH will be reached

*their short positions. sorry for my pajeet typo

everyone knows it is those filthy covetous jews, they are liars and cheats and they are working with the peoples republic of china to scam us, in association with the whales who are traitors. they work together on a top secret discord channel and refer to coins in fast food lingo to trick the government, not that that makes a difference since trump is in on it to, thats why trump and netyahoo are such good friends, have you ever wondered what all the golf is about, the flags the holes in one, get real dude the NSA just got more rights for warrantless spying, they work with apple and google who own all the exchanges and plug the data into an ai to scam us good folks who invested in crypto because of the tech and the block chain and satoshis true vision. its absolutely disgusting whats going on right now!

Why, it's pointless. This isn't due to some retards trying to speculate with the futures, at least not fully. Maybe, MAYBE, they were one factor contributing, but I highly doubt they'd have enough volume to crash the market this hard. Nah, I blame early institutional money (you don't think it wasn't here already, do you), rich normies and old autists (read: BTC millionaires), all of whom got scared and disillusioned by the very real prospects of incoming regulations or outright bans paired with new tax laws making speculating a very expensive hobby.

hory shit. Where can I see the expiry date of these futures.

Well i would love to have those jews out of the discussion, and think about the real reason why this dip happened. Im really interested in how this thing worked altough i wont ever profit from it. Not the right thread to spread fud or fomo. Just analyz what happened. Thanks for everyone who is adding to a "mature" content here.

So if some1 went short on a price of 18000, hes gonna get paid 6000 from the exchange for the contract?

LN?

lightning network

it's not the expiration that causes the price to plummet. it's the futures contract made on a futures contract made on a futures contract x300 makes the supply look much bigger than physical supply is. it's basically a way to do away with bitcoins artificial scarcity. anyone supporting futures contracts for btc just want's to kill the coin.

Not exactly. Read this article user, it explains it better than I can.

colehortonchannel.com/2018/01/16/the-current-market-situation/

Can confirm, WS is behind the LN.

oh sorry bro but that's categorically wrong
futures have no bearing on the supply of the underlying (BTC) they're just contracts that trade on the CME and CBOE and they are priced according to a certain reference rate which in this case is BTC. that's all. do they have a vested interest in watching BTC fall? ofcourse if their positions are short. and vice versa.

bitcoin is fucked bch is less fucked but still in the same shitcan as bitcoin as far as technology goes.

the blockchain is a fucking dinosaur it doesn't scale it's wasteful slow and cumbersome.

people talk about the ln as some hot shit but support for ln by the miners does not equal a working tier2 ecosystem that affects the was bitcoin is used or the demand for it. not even close. hypes can go off of course i'm not saying it can't happen but saying it will definitely happen is bullshit. anyone that wants to buy bitcoin and faced with the price drops and transaction costs and speed just backpedals hard.

>futures have no bearing on the supply of the underlying (BTC)
no shit, futures have no bearing on the underlying supply of gold either. yet the price of gold is determined by the price on the futures market which is guess what artificially inflated in perception.

thanks for your maturity user

found this funny pic for demonstration of the problem that happens when nobody collects in a futures market. it suppresses the price because there is a lot more volume offered for trade than what is physically present ever. and funny thing is since it suppresses the price it makes bed for shorting to be profitable.

yea, fag

>futures contracts for btc
They are mad profitable, though.
I've been trading them for the last 3 weeks, and its been insane.

hahahahahahahahhaha

again CATEGORICALLY WRONG!!!!

the price of gold futures is determined by the spot price of GOLD! please don't do this. i'm a CFA charterholder and i know what derivatives are and how they're priced. it's called a derivative therefore it derives it's value from SOMEWHERE...where ? from somewhere! where is that where in which it derives that somewhere. from the spot market LE SPOT MAHKET!

>I've been trading them for the last 3 weeks, and its been insane.

How?

aren't they only for accredited investors?

That's what I want to know.

>spot price of GOLD
do you know what that means? i'm not sure you do. it's the price of a piece of paper claiming ownership for 1 ounces of gold. and guess what futures are exactly that.

the spot price of gold has about zero ties to the physical demand for gold right now. and up till the futures contracts btc price reflected the demand for actual btc delivered. not anymore.

man lots in excess of 15BTC are being sold at these prices
wtf is going on!

price broke over the 11k "wall of support" like knife through hot butter? lol

or hot knife through butter? one or the other. i think both works.

Thanks that was what i was looking for *spits at google*

you need over $100,000+ to make an account

just stop please. you're going full retard on us here. never go full retard.

The price of gold is adjusted in real-time based on financial evaluations of anonymous auction rounds run every 45 seconds. When all buy and sell orders and imbalances are within 20,000 troy ounces, the price is fixed.

SPOT MARKET SPOT MARKET!!!!!!!
what's your academic background? lesbian dance studies? a finance undergrad would tell you that futures are based on spot prices and not the other way around

>auction rounds run every 45 seconds
at which no physical gold ever changes ownership you moron.

physical demand or supply has little to no relevance to spot price. if you get through this to your head maybe you understand what i'm talking about. because only futures contracts are traded that are backed by a long chain of futures contracts.

On the same platform I use to trade any other futures contract.

>only for accredited investors
BTC futures, or futures in general?
Everything has different amounts of margin required.

An account for what?

your ignorance is only second to your arrogance. believe what you want. just don't let your lack of knowledge in financial markets and commodities fester here.

food for thought 95% of derivatives are used for hedging purposes. i.e. they're not used for speculation. but in BTC's case the first batch was obviously used maliciously for rancid profiteering.

and the next one will be too because guess what it was fucking profitable.

gf told me maybe it's time for her to buy some btc. i told her no it's time to wait and see. btc has normally long lulls between bull runs that can easily be recognized and i have played it twice so far played it overly safe but 2-300% extreme low risk profit is nothing to sneeze at.

hot knife... if butter was hot it would melt and be unable to be cut by a knife...

>Well i would love to have those jews out of the discussion
>"mature" content
Boomer detected, get the fuck out of the internet you filthy piece of shit.

>Boomer
negro, que ?
i hate you periodblood specs that call everyone a boomer because not everyone wants to shitfling liek a woman and throw a tantrum

Is there any evidence they're not behind every single crash, then? Bitcoin futures have been around for a long time on Chinese exchanges, and shorting has been around for long too

yeah shorting BTC not BTC futures. just like shorting stocks/bonds and shorting futures of those stocks and bonds. the contracts are built differently and traded on different exchanges.
now that WS has access to BTC futures via CBOE and CME their media puppets are in full coverage mode to shed negative news i.e. fear mongering

this is all political.
nothing fundamental has changed.
therefore a reversal will happen when the dust settles.
you think they're not buying BTC now?

>in full coverage mode to shed negative news i.e. fear mongering
lol
It's working.

no shit!
soon we'll be hearing a lot of praise being sung when core unleashes LN and we'll hit a new ATH

i think this is the reversal
nothing fundamental changed in the past years btc is still shit but now it's expensive to use shit.

>soon
or in about 3 years from now and until that it will be a slow steady decline. don't hype yourself into doing stupid shit.

>nothing fundamental changed in the past years
but this thread is literally about something that changed. Futures contracts exist now. They have full control of the price and will manipulate it at will from this point forward to profit as much as possible

i meant technology wise sorry, the futures indeed happen. but that's not as important as the fundamentals. the fundamentals of btc are shit and became apparently shit for the masses in the past months.

that's market structure
it has nothing to do with the tech