FORGET ABOUT LAMBOS

>invest in antique

>boomer detected

You have very good taste OP, the 288 GTO is one of the greats.

>one of the greats
I'd say that has more to do with its status as their first "official" supercar, along with the relative rarity.
Most Ferrari owners loathe turbos.

One of the greats in my opinion then. I'm a turbo car guy, love it.

Any love for the baby-ferrari?

Unironically looking at an '59 Abarth 750 Zagato if i make it.

>buy the dip

If you get a high quality antique where only a limited number were made, it should go up in value over time as long as you keep it maintained and insured etc.

You wouldn't want to rack up tons of miles on it but any exotic will probably not be your daily driver anyway.

>what is inflation

NA all the way, here.
I find turbos to be an excessive complication. It's enough of a challenge to determine optimal shifting on banks and corners, I don't need an extra variable in there.
I'm sure they're nice for cars that wouldn't ordinarily be that fast, but you don't get something for nothing.

> x2 in a year
> inflation

i think the collector car market might see a correction in the next few years, probably along with some other form of economic collapse

The 80's and 90's "classics" will be preserved but once all the boomers die off nobody's gonna want muscle cars and shit like that so they will really dip

these babies are mooning unless the 80s meme dies

Just saw one with about 450 miles on it.
$500K.

Muscle cars peaked a decade ago, from boomers pulling equity out of their overpriced shitboxes. Same for vintage guitars. They've been slowly correcting since. A decade ago, you could sell a mint 69 Chevelle for 100k. Now they go for around 25k.
The latest trend was vintage trailers, with the tiny home movement, but that fell apart in the last quarter.

2008 was a decade ago, goddamn

i watched a lot of barrett jackson auctions on tv and really grew to hate boomers

ENDED, not started, dummy.

I've been watching car prices a long time, and hate Boomers, too.

>(((invest))) in a car
Sure thing. I'm a fucking idiot.

If you buy some collectible you can hit the jackpot, dumb fucking nigger brainlet.

investing in a brand new car is low IQ. But antique cars are High IQ

Overpriced market desu. There are other segments when it comes to collectibles i would consider before high end sports cars.

No, you're not. The odds of finding a collectible at prices where reselling it is a "jackpot" is a fairy tale. The exotic market is mostly rich people trading cars, when they get bored with the current one they have (often at a loss), or they're serious collectors, with warehouses and 10+ cars at any given moment. You're not going to luck out into that market, period. It's just not going to happen.

This, classics will appreciate in value but you have to buy the right ones with the right mileage too.

And, properly maintained. Collectors are fucking picky - and they should be, with the cash they drop.
Neighbor of ours growing up bought a couple of classics, as "investments". One was a late 60's Maserati. It was supposed to fund his retirement, or pass on to his kids. But he parked it in a garage, no dust cover, never started it, and it literally rotted. His kids got nothing for it when he died, it needed a complete restoration that would cost more than it would be worth in pristine condition.
If you want top dollar in the collectible market, the car has to be literally perfect. Show winning quality.

Testarossa plz

>ran when I parked it

Basically. Was a nice car when he bought it.

The only worse story was another guy we knew, had a 69 Mach One Mustang he bought brand new, and garaged after putting 2.5k on it. Stored it properly, all that. Factory everything. Detailed it yearly, so the leather and dash weren't cracked. I made a serious offer on it, that he considered...but decided to keep it for his son when he turned 16.

The kid destroyed it. Tried to hot rod it, cut a hole in the hood with a hacksaw for a cheap Mexican high rise manifold, ripped out a pristine interior for a "racing interior" (ie. bare metal), primered the perfect factory paint. Trashed the fucking car into the fucking ground, was worth $200 to a scrap dealer two years later when he wrapped it around a pole. Fucking heartbreaking. His father won't even talk about it now.

This is why my kid will never get his hands on mine.
He'd never appreciate it like I do.

I don't know what he expected from a 16-year old.
You'd think he would pick up on his son in particular not being mature enough for a collectable car.

you'll do fine with Mondial, pajeet

Just buy a 308. Sure, it's not exactly a 288 GTO, but roasties won't know the difference.

>lambo
Seriously, if you want a GOOD car, you should buy the MASTERRACE.

>308
This was what I wanted, but I'm not enough of a gearhead to own a 30-some year old car.
Guy down the street from me has a 328, tho