Brave - it begins

Phillip DeFranco has been in the YouTube game for ages. Been to countless YouTube conventions, is friends with many other top tubers like my boy H3H3. This guy has just shy of 6 million subs to boot. This is the spark that can start the fire.

He spends over 2 minutes talking about the benefits of not only the token but also the browser. Hyping how it has less ads, less spying, etc. Even recommends YouTube creators to get verified and start using it because it's superior to YouTube partner revenue.

So mad I doubted the adoption of this coin earlier, but now's the time to get in before his friends also start talking about it on the tube.

Other urls found in this thread:

community.brave.com/t/brave-browser-invite-affiliate-tool-invite-friends-to-use-brave-and-get-paid-bats/4217/2
basicattentiontoken.org/bat-mercury-pre-launch-technical-update/
basicattentiontoken.org/bat-mercury-launch/
brave.com/million
twitter.com/BrendanEich/status/942115844087169024
discord
batpubs.com/publishers/
rooshvforum.com/thread-66574.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's been putting Coinbase links in his description for a while now, but now we see Brave as well.

Reminder that this coin isn't even currently in the top 50, there's still time.

Whoops I fucked up the order of the images. Anyway, That Bart guy is getting on board too. I have never heard of him but apparently he's one of those popular mainstream guys.

Never heard of him

I'll update with any other YouTubers I see hopping on. But this is potentially big. Real big.

>Never heard of him

He was a lot more well known to the general public before YouTube algothryms started kicking out popular channels to replace them with advertisers. Like, getting your feed flooded with Jimmy Kimmel, Vevo music videos, or whatever movie trailers are hot. Like, before Smosh started becoming shit And speaking of all that, it's exactly the reason why he "needs" Brave.

Brave is shit but if it depletes the Chrome userbase then so be it

Brave is pretty fucking great considering it's only a few months old. Only a matter of time before it takes over, since the guy behind it is the guy that killed Internet Explorer

Reddit has been alerted as well (no brainer).

FOMO is going to be high tonight.

I'm still convinced people won't be bothered to switch browsers just for the ad-bonus you get from using Brave.

this x 100

The minute I saw it was a browser I nope'd out.

Been using Firefox for about 10 years and I'm seriously considering switching to Brave at this point.

No idea who this guy is but he has over 100k subs and is a SPANISH channel on YouTube. Talk about growth potential here. The Spanish side of YouTube is quite large. This guy is not big, but the fact that Brave is now potentially has a spark that can ignite an entire different side of YouTube to hop on.. fuck

why can't it reach more than a dollar?

I have no idea what this image is without arrows

no gains for you then. shoo shoo

You may be right about their desktop app but their mobile app is one of the most popular browsers in the google play store and is one of the best browsers on android.

I hope he uses his bitcoin gains to get a tan, dude looks anemic

Some random fuck with no YouTube channel, but 100k Twitter followers is endorsing it

>a big youtuber actually shilled BAT

holy fuck

RIP

Alright, then. Convince me.

>I have no idea what this image is without arrows

Sorry man will add more arrows - I know a lot of people don't really look at YouTube metrics like subscribers so I thought it would make it easy to locate the important shit if you don't normally look for that information. Fair call out though, the arrows aren't necessary.

Found another guy with a pretty big following who is interested thanks to Phil

try it yourself, both mobile and desktop

i'm at the point where i don't feel the need to convince people. whether you buy the only token with a working product and use case is irrelevant to me and my fat gains

>tfw all my BAT is on the exchange
b-b-based Binance chinajews aren't going to steal my gains, are they? I just don't wanna pay 10 bucks to transfer...

Bunch of small channels coming on board as well. Don't doubt the power of Philly D

they're mostly based in japan now, if the makes you feel any better

I'm not saying to get in on this but get in on this. ;)

Here's another spark. Last year an idea was suggested to the devs for referall links to spread the use of Brave. What happened to Binance when it implemented referral links? What about KuCoin? Fucking exponential growth, that's what. I know this suggestion is year old, but the same dev that replied to the suggestion now replied to DeFranco's tweet. This is all just speculation but holy shit that would be huge.

community.brave.com/t/brave-browser-invite-affiliate-tool-invite-friends-to-use-brave-and-get-paid-bats/4217/2

if you guys are in this just to pump and dump BAT then fuck off and go buy TRX. BAT is the first legit use case of an ERC20 and doesn't need your help ruining it with absurd volatility

I'm definitely going with long game with this one. I leave the playing with other coins.

I'm not completely unfamiliar with BAT but I'm just starting to dig in hard right now. I didn't know the breadth of what they were trying to go for here. Twitch, CNN, pretty much any website. Pretty sweet.

basicattentiontoken.org/bat-mercury-pre-launch-technical-update/

basicattentiontoken.org/bat-mercury-launch/

So apparently there's a promotion right now where they give you free 10 BAT for installing their browser. I just downloaded it and got the BAT in like one minute. Going to test the browser out now and see how good/bad it is

My only problem with BAT is it's dependent on the mainstream adoption of the Brave browser. And having tried the Brave browser as a non normie, seriously trying to like it and use it, I had to abandon it. It is just shit so I don't see this going anywhere.

Is that meme about brave not going above $1 legit? If not i might buy some right now

How do i send it over to my binance?

tweak the settings and you get a faster chrome. the real problem might be PEBCAK

Luke Mulks also confirmed BAT will be on coinbase. Go to the rocket.chat and lurk.

It's not because addons are coming out. It will also be integrated in Mozilla natively.

>He fell for the dollar meme
No. This was a meme BIZ used back for DGB. They just changed it to BAT

Just wait until referrals come out. That's when the real party begins.

You can't, you can only give it out. To stop people from doing exactly what you're trying to do.

he was one of the first "big" channels on yt you underage redditor.

Whoops forgot the link
brave.com/million

Seems to run about as fast as Firefox. Not quite at Chrome level. But the built in adblocker definitely works.

Some things I noticed - you can mute tabs by clicking on the speaker on the tab. Cool. If you mouseover a tab it gives you a full preview of the tab as if you had clicked on it, until you move the mouse away. Kind of stupid, in my opinion.

Ad blocking options seem pretty straightforward. Actually using BAT through the platform seems fairly straightforward but since you need to fund the account through cryptocurrency I can see this not getting massive traction any time soon. If there were a FIAT option... well, that would be huge. But I doubt that would ever happen. Until crypto starts gaining more traction I don't think BAT through Brave will start growing hugely.

This isn't correct.

twitter.com/BrendanEich/status/942115844087169024

It would be lovely if Eich regained his position at Mozilla. They lost their way after he was punked by the neonhairs.

you can remove tab previews and tab colors. go play with the settings. you won't be disappointed.

I like it. Looks and feels good. Plus get 17.5 BAT, I downloaded it for all my PCs

Is there a list of verified publishers? I want to see if I can find any more of the bigger players out there who want to use it.

Also, nice to see that the Spanish guy I found before with over 100k subs is already verified. So that means it must be pretty fast to be verified since he replied to Phil just a few hours ago asking about it.

How'd you get 17.5? I only got 10. Not like it matters much, just curious

It’s u isn’t it

Why not just buy ETH? It's what powers BAT.

Please explain to a brainlet why I'd risk anything on BAT itself.

Join the Offical BAT Discord Were gonna get alot of small youtubers on this coin. dont miss out Veeky Forums DONT STAY POOR

discord gg/Tw9Bv5

Philip Defranco has such a punchable face. I just want to hit him right in the nose

lol

here is a list
batpubs.com/publishers/
this list doesn't include youtubers like philip defranco

defeats the whole purpose

WHATS THE FUCKNIG PURPOSE YOU FUCKING PAJEET

If you're worried about this then buy adshares. Its BAT without the browser

That's a pretty shitty list. Looks like it's maintained by the public and they aren't doing a very good job of updating it. There's no way there are only 20 or so verified publishers.

Now I'm wondering, are there any plans for a BAT plugin? So if people didn't want to leave Chrome they could still take advantage of BAT without using Brave? Because Brave adoption seems like a super uphill battle.

I CAN"T TELL IF THIS IS A MEME ANYMORE

wait til pewdiepie promotes BAT

Without the connections in Silicon Valley too. Eich knows everyone in the industry. Adshares is vaporware.

RooshV has been promoting BAT pretty hard lately.

Just claimed 10 free bat coins

Got 40 free bat in total. 30 from the last airdrop.

Ppl are shilling this hard now i wonder how much there holding. Lol.

I didn't realize Brave's payment system was already live. Been using it on and off and it's a decent Firefox/Chrome alt so far.

interesting. link?

Now there's a name from the past. Heck, if I hadn't read a BTC article on RoK back in 2015, I probably would have been too late.

don't forget to tweak the settings if you want... i turned tab previews and colors off and i like it much more now

You can't trade them out though, fyi

>etherium

rooshvforum.com/thread-66574.html

>I now receive BAT ever month as a site publisher.

so how do I give my BAT? I'm looking at giving it to some Twitch/Youtube streamers, particular Twitch streamers with large followings that also crosspost their videos to YouTube.

I'm not very good at advanced TA, but looking at the big picture BAT has yet to really hit any "highs" on its BTC chart. I know we don't typically buy low here, but from a big picture look at BAT, this certainly seems like buying low.

Just watch their youtube videos and it will donate automatically based on how much you watch. You can also set a fixed amount. Also twitch integration is coming very soon.

this is more proof that BAT not only helps smaller niche content creators but that it also protects free speech. this token is so fucking incredible i cannot wait to see its future

Cup and handle meme. I drew this like 3 weeks ago.

Once that handle forms we are going completley vertical. Eich planned this, he is playing 4D chess.

you realize most alts have formed a cup against sats because bitcoin/usd made a reverse cup

Cheap BATs is what everyone wants - and needs. Veeky Forums morons with your quick get rich schemes are the exception. This is the final warning, stop trying to manipulate the price when the whitepaper is against you.

let me guess you fell for the $1 meme? lmao

I read the whitepaper. I understood the concept behind it. Veeky Forums is trying to ruin something beautiful here which could help a lot of people like pewdiepie and philly.

>pewdiepie
>needs money
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

Who give a shit, everyone can suck my dick. If I can get rich at their expense, so be it

I have never seen anyone shill GNT on Veeky Forums before. By inference, it must be a good long term coin to get into.

someone should make a BAT + Veeky Forums roadmap.
Step 1. June-December pre-shills
Step 2. Operation shill pewdiepie
Step 3. 1 dollar purpose meme
Step 4. PhillyD twitter + youtube shill
Step 5. ???

BAT will function regardless of its price per token. what in the whitepaper makes you think otherwise? i'm gonna need specifics here even screenshots

just installed brave and have only tested it with biz which it loaded fast af. also a pretty aesthetic browser.

You haven't been here very long then. I bought GNT at $0.02 and sold at $0.44. Also bought ETH at $10 and sold at around $400.

If the price of BAT goes up it just means advertisers would potentially have to pay more to compete with each other for ad space. And in turn means more revenue for people who run their ads. I can see how this could potentially "hurt" youtubers since it becomes more expensive to run ads, but at the same time it's not just about making it more expensive it's about making it more competitive between advertisers. If advertiser A wants to show their ad then they will need to ante up more than advertiser B in order to reach BAT users

nice... make sure you tweak the settings! i turned off tab previews and colors, and made the url bar permanent, and i like it more.

we should get bat on Veeky Forums ads, that way we can get paid while we spend our whole lives on biz

So we can withdraw these BAT earned via Brave?

it was the flavor of the month last summer until they humiliated themselves on their own livestreamed "conference". they instantly tanked and chad Omisego made them look like amateurs.

i just want muh 20x