Retirement

So has anyone cashed out and living the good life now? What's your magic number if not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7mvvfVoGfS8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1mil out, 500k still in the game

How's life now?

If he's smart then prolly not much different.
Withh 500k in crypto, invest your new earnings in fiat. Turn that 1 mil into +10 mil before anything life altering.

You don't need 10M
Very few people have that much

I need $10M

$1M really isn't that much money anymore m8

Agreed. That's the magic number.

I know that, but what do you need 10M for? Do you really need 300k passive income/year?
Or do you just want lambos

300k passive.... should be more around 1-1.5m (pre tax).

I'd invest $5M in real estate
$2.5M on cool shit I want, $2M house, and maybe some dumb shit like a lambo but more realistically a GTR
$2.5M in reserve

Yeah sure... You will no doubt find guaranteed rates of return 10-15% year.
Kek
If you are retired with 10M you would also be pretty stupid to pay any tax

shit costs money

you are gonna get raped by jews on property taxes and all kinds of shit, you need an appropriate level of income to cover it all, until you die.

>You will no doubt find guaranteed rates of return 10-15% year.

>>>>crypto

I see, well for that expensive lifestyle yeah you would need 10MM. But just to chill and NEET it up even 1 or 2 is fine

Of course, but then you are increasing your spending in retirement while most people do the opposite. Because you probably are making way less than 300k now and I doubt you have any problems living a comfy life

I used to want to just be a neet forever but then I broke out of that after doing it for too many years and got a job. I have ambitions now, user

I wanna get married and have kids someday, I want to give them a good and easy life. I also probably will get bored so I want money to be able to pursue any hobbies/passions I might have, like traveling.

I might eventually get bored of that and want another challenge and at that point I might start a business and try to succeed with that

Yeah I think being a NEET would be boring too, which is why I don't even undeestand the need to retire early anyway.

And honestly, chances of obtaining 10M+ are pretty slim :(

OMG

Depends on your lifestile.

I need literaly billions to feel at ease.

the only (for the most part) 'guarantee' are bonds and they pay out shitty

Boomer mindset

Maybe with that attitude.

I'm serious, this defeatist attitude most people have hinders them so much more than they think. Ok maybe you won't get $10M but if you set yourself up for disappointment and failure maybe you might have got to $5M

That's still pretty fucking good m8

I have a pretty simple philosophy I try to live by:
If another human has been able to achieve it and I am within sound body and mind I can probably get pretty close too, because why not?

Why can't I? Why can't you? If you're presented with the right opportunities (aka growing up in a first world country) it's basically all on you to fail or succeed

5 MM should be sufficient. Would have to be an idiot not to make 3-5% gains per year. More than enough for a reasonably lavish lifestyle.

my major investment has been time, 15 days on coinpot faucet's and I ended up with 300 Doge because I saw when I could convert coins for free

If I had fucked up at the time I would have had 174 Doge

200 scored and I made my first killing, I'm very very proud of that, except my wallet failed and now 300 Doge is gone

I take all this too heart, work hard for what you want,,research the coins you want, appreciate the coins you earn and repspect the coins you buy because they may be the future

I cashed out a bit and I'm using to go backpacking round India in a few weeks.

My magic number is the deposit for a house. Once I get that I'll totally cash and out leave crypto (mostly) behind and start paying for a mortgage. I'll rent the house out to people to help pay it off. 10-20% of the price of a house should be a good deposit, offering relatively low interest rates.

You are right and you have a good attitude desu
Good luck

yo wtf? id cash out 10k if i hit 20k, 50k is unimaginable to me as a full time uni student part time wageslave, considering my current lifestyle is raking in a meager 20k year.

1mil is literally 20 years worth of living well above my current means. why isnt 100k profit a considerable cash-out point for you fucking neets?

because taxes

So if you had 1MM in crypto right now, would you take it or try to get to 10?

because we aspire to bigger things than you I guess.

when you get to your current goal you will realize how little it is.

3 million is my magic number. I would definitely cash out some before I hit that though

>a GTR
Abhorrent taste, even worse than lambofags

Try to get to 10 for sure, I'm serious when I say $1M isn't that much anymore (Depends where you live, I live in America in a big tech city)

The fact that you have access to the Internet means you have the wealth of all of human history and all of it's lessons at your fingertips. There should basically be no reason for you to fail with $1M to $10M if you're slow and methodical with it.

It's basically up to you, really.

Imagine working a job you enjoy while not having to worry about money.
T. Dual major and minors uni student

I would say most of us aren’t neets so with 100k you still have to go back to wageslaving

>all you need to achieve anything is to be raised in a first world country
Your optimism is good and all but that’s a bit overboard. Just because you’re born in a first world country doesn’t mean everything is going to go the right way and all the opportunities you’ll ever need will arise. Causality and probability are still things by the way no matter how self-confident you are.

3M

poorfags get off my board
REEEEEEEE

I lost 60k today chasing pumps like a fucking moron. My goal is 100 mill. I will push, pull, drag or kill for my goal. I'm over half way there now. I got in the game early though. Too bad for you newfags

I'm makeing $20/h and hate my job

Getting loaded and gonna hang myself shortly

I don't mean that's all you need to achieve ANYTHING

I mean that's basically the foundation to get fairly close to be able to make it, or even make it

Some things are out of our control of course, but if you're growing up in a first world country you have so many more opportunities that other parts of the world would literally slaughter others for

I don't care about "the good life" I want to live a simple life in a cheap house in a low cost of living area and just have millions in the bank in case I ever need it so I always feel secure, also to make up for my low self esteem since I have no friends and I will die an almost-virgin

At $1M I'd be pretty comfy. Would probably be tempted to turn that into 2M though, and then from there to 3, 5, 10. I'd take profits at certain milestones though.

I just need 1-1.5mil. Reinvest, and just live off of interest/dividends. I live a very simple life.

You also have to be white or Jew to have an iq high enough to succeed

enjoy your typhus

I make an average of $30 an hour (commission sales) but dealing with normies all day and a faggot ass sales manager who is determined not to make sales is sucking my soul out day by day

Also I want to say that I might be totally wrong but having this defeatist attitude is going to hurt you far more than having an optimistic attitude.

If you already accept defeat and think you can't do it, then you've already lost. There's no point in going any further.

If you think you CAN do it, you'll constantly be looking for ways to do it, when I see someone succeeding or doing better than me I try to learn from them (people are usually nice and helpful even if you ask them how to succeed), you figure out a way to make it. Eventually you'll find the right golden opportunities if you try for long enough, but that's the other thing is that you have to constantly be working towards it

You'll eventually get "lucky" but really it'll be all your hard work preparing you for when that opportunity comes by.

You are young a naive

If you want to backpack so bad, at least go to a white country.

You are not safe there.

you would think people who obtain massive amounts of wealth would have some semblance of intelligence, but apparently not

Money can grant you financial freedom. It removes stress. But nothing you buy will make you happy. Neurochemically, happiness is of the same substrate as pleasure, simply a steady IV drip rather than a fleeting rush.

What your wealth can buy, you will invariably habituate on. Attainment only provides momentary pleasure. The hedonic treadmill as it has so often been described.

Why do child stars and lottery winners so often become drug users or go bankrupt? Because most people spend the majority of their life trying to reach X material goal. But once you obtain it, what is left for you? Man needs a struggle tempered with tangible progress. Restlessness and desire is our natural state of being. What would the evolutionary purpose of happiness be? You will always want more.

Find your way to fuck him over, "he touched me in an uncomfertable way"

A E S T H E T I C

Don't know if it'd be retiring, but I just want enough money to run off with my Czech intern who keeps flirting with me. She gets me so hard bros.

Good post but keep in mind, child stars and lottery winners are often , let's say, below average humans.

Otherwise agree, even with 10m I would probably still work. I would go crazy not doing shit, and I like my wage job.

Go on ....

Kill yourself for such a statement.

with 10 million you could fuck a new 9/10 or 10/10 chick everyday for the next 18.25 years assuming the price of this type of pussy is 1500 USD per hour

This man speaks the truth. I call it the "skillcape effect". Once you get a 99 in Runescape you get kind of depressed since achieving the goal is always disappointing. But then you make another goal and get back in the groove

>child stars and lottery winners are often , let's say, below average humans.

Statistically they will represent a fair representation of your country's population across the board. Most people are just retarded

Took solid amount of profits last year, set myself back a fair way in the crypto game but with money in the bank can now be fearless. On watch for a few aggressive plays to pull 10 million

Tiny, beautiful 10/10 21 year old woman. Always smiling at me, we talk late into the night, she gives those great full-body hugs and is always sending me suggestive messages. We've even talked about a trip to Italy together. It's getting very hard to resist her. I definitely need this job at the moment though and haven't made any major moves because of that. There shouldn't be a stigma about fucking your intern desu

>buying an asset that deprecates the moment you own it

>not having fun with your massive gains that you've made

what would the point of it all be?

my point is, every person is more or less resigned to their own hedonic set point, regardless of external factors.

people are so easily impressed by wealth. They see the mansions, the lambos, drinking a 10k bottle of wine in some remote country. But look at the person behind it. They are not on some extra dimensional plane of pleasure that is unobtainable for the average person. Our brain was not designed to understand any of these things. All we understand are base stimuli and sensations. This is not hard to figure out. Maybe you are standing next to a multi millionaire in line at the grocery checkout. Are they any different from you? Is their experience that much better? No. Well being has a low and fixed ceiling. Some fisherman in Bengal living on 1 dollar on a day is likely better off than you.

Thanks user, I needed this

Fuck your job user. That's the mother of your children.

The dubs don't lie

the fun fades pretty quick, because there literally isn't any with sports cars on the road

faggot

at 700k, down from 900k, but my moon missions are loaded and I’m ready for 10x in the next couple of years if not sooner.

my ‘number’ where I’d think it was worth taking anything out would be around 5MM, at which point I’d be looking at taking out 500k for security, to be able to ride through a number of years without touching my stack, even after full legit taxes.

I think my stack could be worth tens of millions in the long term, and I want to pay the world back by investing in life extension technologies and emulating Nassim Taleb in calling out the bullshit of the Soviet-Harvard complex.

Then take it to a track?

Or just feel good when you see all the other plebs looking at you and your car

I'm cashing out at $1m but my ultimate goal is $1b. I just really hate the idea of there being things I can't have. Let's say you have $1m. You buy a Lamborghini and now you only have $800t. You can get a decent house, but you're not going to be living in a mansion overlooking the hills. You're maybe getting one more supercar, so hopefully you picked your favorite lambo. You're not getting a supermodel wife, maybe just a regular model. Now let's move up to $10m where these things become more attainable. Even then you're not staying in the top floor of Dubai hotels or riding 1st class unless you want to go broke near the end of your life. $50m is where you can do these things, but still no private jets or yachts or $100m mega-mansions. I want shit like this with a Lamborghini in the drive way and Miss America in the bedroom.

do you honestly think that such feelings will go away when you reach X amount of money? Will your serotonin and dopamine receptors simply know to shut off when you've 'made it'? You will forever be a slave to things you cannot have. How tragic.

desu I think $2-3 Mil is minimum what you need for income + inflation + taxes.

If you're a smart trader, a combination of dividends and gains could net you 10% returns a year in traditional markets easily.

$2,500,000 * 10% = $250,000
- 33% taxes = $165,000 left
- 2% inflation = $160,000 left

Spend maybe $100k of that and reinvest the rest or use that has your buffer in case you don't hit your 10% goal.

Nice man you’re in a good position too. I unfortunately only have 10k or crypto but have similar ambitions.

However I would cash some out at 1.5-2mil

I want to retire before 40 not just have money for a bit

underrated

I make 12/hr working with retards & have only a B.A. in Classics, I'd be thrilled making 320, certainly 30, per hour. If I could make 50k or so that would probably let me go for a Master's, hopefully then get a research/scholar type job, that would be more than enough for me.

Maybe I'm just autistic, but I don't want a family, or a big house, &c., I would ideally be able to content myself with nothing, & live a genuine life of discipline & only spiritual wealth. My dream is to die at sea someday, at my physical & mental peak, so I don't have to worry about retirement either.

I've been backpacking in India before. It's cheap, the food's great, I like the fact everything's a little bit sketchy and dangerous, it's exciting.

Backpacking in a first world country doesn't have the same excitement. Indians are also incredibly friendly and hospitable, much moreso than whites. Probably only because they love white people, but still.

eh might as well race F4 or something if you're into dropping 6 figures a year on it... certainly feasible off a 10 million bank roll and wouldn't really chew too much of your gains off. if half was already blown on a house though you would want to really enjoy it

>When someone asks Cuban what the downsides are to being as rich and famous as he is, he responds: "There are no downsides! This is as good as it gets!"

yes this but then a half decent job here is going to 2x income and provide something to do every day, how can i retire knowing that? 100k isn't really enough to fuck doing fun shit day in day out, i'd keep working.

Cuban is a perfect example because he's easily accessible. Look at Shark Tank. You have a slew of billionaires lined up. When you watch the show, do you see a bunch of people who look like they are high on heroine? No. Take away the suits and the condescending attitude and they are the same as you and me. Mark Cuban is pissed off half the time.

>Needing decadence and pointless luxury for your time to have a 'point'

>live a genuine life of discipline
> no family

Well you did pick a B.A in classics so it all fits together

$1,000,000 makes you an accredited investor in the us

realistically about a mill or enough for me to buy a condo without a mortgage left. i would keep my current nigger labour job, and still be able to actully save since no mortage, and still dick around with crypto... and get into doing arts & craft living alone. thats my dream,

>high enough privilege to make it easy

Fixed for you young lady

Pretty lame y'all. I need 100M. SRS

you need like 70m just for a modified boeing doe

>increasing your spending in retirement and nobody takes even a second thought to passing anything down to your children and childrens children

Absolutely boomer. Make sure to take out a reverse mortgage and spend your last minute putting your last nickel in a slot machine

>taking anyone, certainly a famous 'personality' at their interview-prompted word

Not that what he's saying is really wrong, having complete financial freedom is better than not, but being slave to your possessions, or to fame, or to women, &c. is not the way we should live - if money buys you the freedom to resolve your anxieties, pursue the learning you've put off until you were at leisure, and these things satisfy your soul's yearnings, then you have much to be grateful for. But if in buying & collecting artifice, you've become accustomed to these things, cannot live without luxury & approval, then you've gained nothing; money will never absolve you of your spiritual bankruptcy.

1-3mil i'd get my dream condo and travel a bit, but fuck im so far away from that number lol.

I want pol to leave

I just want to get enough to finish my flight training and be an aeroplane pilot.

Anything to get out of this soul destroying IT role :(

Because taxes and I want a new 911.

reported (2 the fbi)

youtube.com/watch?v=7mvvfVoGfS8