Let me tell you why I bought this shit

Let me tell you why I bought this shit.
Well I believe in a tokenized economy in the future. Just more tokens for everything combined with smart contracts.
This is the biggest one I could find in terms of potential userbase. The primary reason I am buying it is because it is being sent to literally everyone on the Internet. To me that sounds really promising.
So I ignore everything else. I ignore the browser (which isn't bad). Or the token model (which isn't bad either).
I only look at two parameters. How many people will own the coin/token + who owns the token. Are the people who own the token influencial? Are they able to get more people on board to purchase the token? The answer is yes and yes for BAT.
Am I stupid for completely ignoring everything else? To me a cryptocurrency is a cryptocurrency. What is important is that there is no inflation so the value can be speculated on. How is a normie supposed to differ between BAT and bitcoin?
Please tell me how much of a brainlet I am for thinking like this and I might consider selling my BAT for something else.

Nope. Which is why my two picks are BAT and TRX.

They have the same functionality, but one is western and the other is eastern.

except BAT is a real life product while TRX is an idea with a 20 year roadmap or something ridiculous like that

Max $1.
Sell.
I'll buy your bags user.

TRX seems like a mess but their shills are great and normies are flocking to them like crazy. Why did everyone fell in love with this Justin guy?

This is my reason for buying too. The undrlying concept is solid, but the real chance of it becoming the defacto crypto of the internet & generating gigantic gains is what has me extremely comfy holding this for the next few years.

search inside yourself, and i want you to be honest with me , and more importantly, yourself. do you truly beleive that the world is going to stop using firefox and google chrome, and start using a slow, buggy, terrible interfaced browser called Brave, so that they can give "bat tokens" to their favorite youtuber? and moreso, that people are going to voluntarily watch ads on their browser to support youtubers? honesty curious. if you answer yes, you need your head examined

So exactly where do you think these gains will come from? Only from ad companies buying up BAT? If they buy a couple of billion each year, will that be enough to keep the price up? Or from people hoarding the token like they do bitcoin? People actually using the currency to buy stuff from websites? Seems like websites have an incentive to sell items for BAT. It is in their interest to promote the currency right?

anyone still buying trx deserves to get JUST'd.

[x] copied white paper
[x] copied other crypto codebases
[x] owner sold stacks and stacks of his own coin back to the market
[x] vaporware
[x] prepare to be JUST'd

Also Brendan Eich vs JUST

Not really a hard choice

The major driver will be advertisers. I also think when it catches on, creators will start doing premium content for BAT,& it will be integrated into various reward systems. In essence though the backbone will be advertisers (huge, huge industry worth hundreds of billions), and I think there will be a snowball effect once it becomes mainstream and YouTubers/other creators shill the shit out of it as it benefits their bottom line

We will be moving into a time where a token is a true utility and not used for price speculation and hoarding.

The way every single person generates income and pays for services is going to change.

It will be a free market Universal Basic Income. Can't wait.

I just think that cryptocurrencies has a magnetic pull to them. Nobody gives a shit about BAT now because it is so cheap and these content creators haven't received their first payout yet. Well, what if a medium size youtuber who is struggling receives 10k and it goes 20x within a few days. I am thinking that it will get everyone's attention. Like a chain reaction. That will lead to people either downloading Brave or going to exchanges to buy it (hopefully coinbase). I am hoping for TRX hysteria but at a much greater scale. The desktop browser has about 200k users now which is enough to spread the currency. I see what you mean though. I wouldn't believe in this if I didn't believe it could reach a critical point of hysteria.
I also believe that people want to support their idols in any way possible, especially if it is for free.

so does it make sense to hold BAT in that case? it should moon quite a bit before it stabalizes right?

BAT will literally be the next crypto craze. I expect it to be the #1 marketcap coin.

they will start paying BAT for you to shill and refer your friends to download Brave. VIRAL.

I'm holding off referring it to friends and family until it pays

Come on man, you don't have to shill me. Hehe. But yeah. It could go to top 10, right? if the craze, hysteria actually happens?

I'm not shilling. I'm being serious. hundreds of millions of people will be using this every day. It will literally overtake the advertising industry.

Shh.

Accumulating.

>make the call, bring him to nyc

Don't let the normies know yet. I'm already in with some but currently waiting money to free so i can tank some more.

I think Coinbase think like this:
1. We want more people to sign up on Coinbase
2. Distribute BAT to the entire Internet
3. Pump the shit out of it by putting it on Coinbase
4. It grabs everyone's attention and Coinbase gets a lot more customers
5. Crypto is now getting really mainstream

Yea don't especially don't tell them about the super bowl ad

You have a point, but don't underestimate the power of dedicated fanboys. Content creators are getting buttfucked by Youtube at the moment, but they're not leaving the platform any time soon. It's more likely for the creators to adopt a new method of monetization than to start over at a different site. Some of them already use patreon, and BAT is just that with less steps. I can see it taking off, but it has to be streamlined so even the most inept user can understand how to use it.

just really make sure you don't tell anyone about how it's getting added to coinbase in mid february. I know Eich personally and if this info got out, it would jeapordize our friendship.

Which one did you guys get it with, btc or eth?

It is so amazing to be here with all of you

Have you SEEN his hair?!

Absolutely this. The one KEY to the success of BAT is to make everything as simple as possible with as few steps as possible to acquire the token. Direct fiat>bat gateway would be best. Literal retards have to be able to do it, don't underestimate the stupidity of average normies. It has to be fast, flashy and trendy. Youtubers will provide the trendiness, but hopefully the devs aren't all completly autistic to presume normies are in any way tech savvy.

>literally 0 anime related bat shill images or posts
no one will ever take bat seriously, pajeet
back to the discord

BAT will be $50 eoy. Screencap this.

Does it matter?

Does it?

I dumped about 30% of my portfolio into this because defranco is shilling it. Monster sized audience.

That's a poor reason for doing it but you did the right thing.

>defranco's audience
>smart enough to figure out how to buy erc-20 tokens

pick one

Stupid people are smart enough to use patreon and give away money for a service they're already receiving. The normies will definitely figure this out.

c-c-combo breaker

>Brendan Eich retweeting ZeroHedge
why do we trust this guy again?

I bought only about 500 tokens because of his endorsement at first. Then I downloaded Brave and got my free tokens and saw how normie friendly it was and THEN went nuts deep.
I had seen some people shilling it before but ignored it as pajeet talk. This is the most consumer ready I've seen a crypto product so far turns out

Yes, because Patreon is simple, create an account like any email or social media and deposit directly from fiat resources. Transfering a token is way less normie friendly. I honestly hope BAT eventually creates some simple gateway that doesn't require any additional steps or transfers.

>Eich retweeting Jacobite
what the heck is this guy?

Bat will moon check em

I think the point is to make it easy enough for idiots and kids to use it.
Imagine this: in 2020 BAT cards are now the staple gift that relatives give their nieces/nephews/grandkids etc.

How many shit ass iTunes gift cards have you gotten in your life? Yeah, there's potential

YOU PEOPLE ARE GONNA GET BURNED

READ THE WHITE PAPER PLEASE

THIS TOKEN WILL NEVER GO ABOVE $1

>So when are we getting our own blockchain? Ethereum sucks.
>How is it going to be easy to buy them?
>why would people buy this instead of directly paying content creator in dollars through CC?

i don't understand how this project is going to be easier for normies.

>Never
That's some strong words buddy. Even an unsubstantiated, but solid pump and dump could take us over 1 dollar. That would only be 1 billion market cap.

It's a meme, don't listen to those retards.

You're right, it definitely isn't. Like I said, they have to make it super primitive, like creating an email address and filling in credit card information, that level of difficulty. And I'm afraid the devs are too techy to understand this fact and they'll just presume everyone will move crypto tokens around and BAT will end up constrained to a very small niche of users. I honestly hope I'm wrong, as I'm invested pretty heavily in BAT. But the normie accesibility will be absolute main key for this thing to blow up.

It's literally just part of the browser. You just click settings then payments. Plus they can just add a button later to brave menu bar that just opens your payments. They can make it even more normie friendly than patreon easily.

I sold my FLIXX for BAT yesterday after Philly Cheese Shillwich. Delicious desu.

He talked about aiming to minimize 'cognitive load' for the users of the BAT token in an interview. Idk if it will turn out though.

They need a chrome extension+browser. People don't like switching browsers.

I would be amazed if they didn't make adding funds via CC an option eventually. I assume they have other priorities at the moment. They need to get people using it first.

If you pay content creator in dollars through CC you have to put that in at each site. This way it's one wallet that can go to anyone who will take them (hopefully lots).

I get that, it's not hard to use once you already have it. The biggest leap of "cognitive load" ( as said) is imo the buying and transfering of the tokens. What normie with a goldfish attention span wants to jump through all the hoops of registering on coinbase, passing all the kyc bullshit, buying some normiecoin, transfering to a different exchange, buying BAT with normiecoin, withdrawing BAT.....

I have invested into BAT because I believe it will be one of the first tokens to bring its use case truly to life. The value of BAT will increase based on the value BAT provides to people.

>assuming it is on coinbase
As of right now I don't see a single normie going through the work of getting a BAT token.

I don't understand why so many of you fuckers are concerned about how normies are going to shuffle ERC20 tokens around. It will not be like that and normies will not need to understand BAT or ETH to use the platform.

ETH and BAT are both in their infancy and the final product that normies will be interfacing with will be streamlined and unrecognisable from what it is today.

Dude they wont need to. Do you understand the purpose of the project (all memes aside lol)? Kids and normies will get paid in BAT just for browsing the web with ads turned on. This feature will be implemented soon. There will also be a direct fiat gateway so depositing & withdrawing (if thats not your thing) wont be an issue.

Well, hopefully it will have its own mineable blockchain. Fuck gas and fuck slow ethereum.

I get it. The fiat gateway was what I was talking about, if they implement it, that would be awesome. So in the final product, all the normie would have to do is download the Brave browser and/or a plugin for their current browser, set up which content creators they want to support and keep doing their thing. And if they want to have more BATs than the crumbs they get from the ads, just go to the fiat gateway, put in CC info and account address and boom, the BATs are in their browser. That would be absolutely amazing. The final piece of the puzzle is be hype, which would be easy to generate given the fact a lot of Youtubers and similar types will start using the services due to the higher ad revenue.

Big business is not going to be betting millions of dollars by building on ETH if they weren't sure that money skeleton is going to deliver.

thats GNT though

I don't think big biz realized how much cat pic ponzi schemes and a trillion ICOs would clog the network. dApps is a mean that will never work.

that is entirely reliant on brave picking up as a browser fast

Or a plugin for the normie browsers. So it would be like adblock, the only difference being it wouldn't block ads, but pay you for seeing them.

So are they browser ads or ads on the web page? If they are browser ads then they solve le alt-right advertising problem.

Ambitious since BATguy is EX-mozilla and ADS are google's bread and butter.
You'Re thinking more like a greasemonkey script but we're going astray from normies here.
Mind you, I placed 50% of my stash on BAT yesterday at 4700, sold this morning at 5500 and im gonna buy this dip. But let's stay grounded

I've been waiting for dip, but its been steady 5200 :*(

Yeah, now that I think about it, it is pretty complicated, like how would it differentiate between regular ads and ads on the BAT platform? There would have to be some Adblock type layer removing the conventional ads and the Brave plugin adding the Bat ads, which adds another layer of complexity. Or maybe I'm just talking out of my ass, I should read the whitepaper again and do some thorough research on this project, I'm starting to feel like a brainlet.

it really bugs me that the center of that triangle is white and not transparent

Yes exactly dude. It will be the ultimate normie coin

pic related. an epic marketing campaign like youve never seen is just getting underway

Good point. I think by default Brave has the option ti be blocking ALL ADS without distinction since the system has opt-in option.
So then, advertisers will pay to have their IP/amazonaws/adsense ports whitelisted. So there are basically three valves
1) the user controlled valve
2) the BAT controlled valve
3) the advertiser controlled valve

Advertiser decides if he wants to push some ads or nah
BAT decides which IP can go through the adblock etc..
User decides if he doesn't mind watching some ads for a while

It's quite ingenious really

Why do you think there will be an epic marketing campaign? Because of that one spike?

Gotcha, thank you for the explanation. That actually sounds pretty awesome, I hope everything works out and BAT becomes more mainstream.

Do you think the spike just randomly came out of nowhere? A huge marketing campaign clearly began yesterday. 3+ youtubers with millions of subs promoted it yesterday and many more became Brave verified. Where the fuck have you been?

Somebody get some boomer meme line analysis on that!

You should invest in bat for the same reason you invest in kin if you were smart enough to. Because it's a real company with existing users breaking into crypto not just some shitty startup

I haven't been keeping track of BAT.

When is Phillip DeFranco going to shill this?

already did

>However by the end of 2017 TechWorld[18] singled out Brave was one of the best secure browsers available today, and CNet[19] praised their defense of user privacy.

I'm confident Brave will make it by itself as a browser because the value proposition is never seen before:
A super fast, secure browser that PAYS YOU for browsing the web. Because there is a huge chunk of normies that don't even know what adblock is.

Not so bold prediction incoming, I think Brave will break through in the mobile area first because there's no chrome add-on store (it's disabled by google) to prevent adblockers. In the mobile area, BAT's proposition is : "We pay you to browse the interwebs", in the desktop laptop it's "You can use our better adblocker that you can switch off whenever for easy money"

lmao trollin but Ill take the bait. He did....yesterday. In both a tweet and video

The mobile Brave browser is fucking amazing.

just curious, sorry if this is a dumb question, but let say hypothetically BAT takes off and starts getting massive adoption my youtubers and starts getting huge. what would stop Eich from basically start jacking up the % fees that he gets ( i mean obviously they want to make money off this) and then it will be youtube all over again?

The thing is, i don't think this is moon or bust at all. I would be shocked if this wasn't at least doubled by the end of the summer. It's actually good idea with good people working on it.

Yea nothing for iOS even compares. Not sure about android. It's great though been using it for months.

checked

Very nice

android app is bretty gud.

I'm not trolling, just a newfag.

wheen r pewdiepie and jake pale going to shill?

Just downloaded it. Pretty good chrome mobile clone that does more

>> what would stop Eich from basically start jacking up the % fees that he gets ( i mean obviously they want to make money off this) and then it will be youtube all over again?

retarded thinking out loud
however if Eich wants to jack up fees it would be the advertisers that would be paying more to access the hypnotically superior Brave/bat advertisement platform.

Advertisers get more ROI for the money spent even though they could in theory be spending more (jack up fees). If he starts going into the cut that the viewers get for attention and a cut content creator gets the project will be fucked.

The project should be a win win win for advertisers, viewers and content creators.

quik u don hav much tiem!!!!

go charg ur iphone!!!!!1!

I'm glad he did. I wasn't aware of the coin nor the browser but have both now. Seems like a solid idea!

Do you guys know that this shit is what's draining your phones battery life? The best would be to charge your phone as often as possible because it's designed to do that. It's not designed to go from 2%-100%.

Who cares I'll buy a new one