Are you from Slovenia? Get in here

Is Slovenia really tax free for cashing out bitcoin? Please explain, I found this (used google translate so please confirm). This is an official document, right?

fu.gov.si/fileadmin/Internet/Davki_in_druge_dajatve/Podrocja/Dohodnina/Drugi_dohodki/Opis/Podrobnejsi_opis_2_izdaja_Davcna_obravnava_poslovanja_z_virtualno_valuto_po_ZDoh-2_ZDDPO-2_in_ZDDV-1.pdf

Point 2.1

Help Anons.

So we (EU residents) can just move to Slovenia, change our tax residence and cash out tax free?

Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

join.slack.com/t/biztaxes/shared_invite/enQtMjk4MTgxOTk1ODMxLWU5YmE5NDRkMGVlYTgyY2U1ODdlMjU4MzdmNjhmMzM0MTJlNGZhZGMxZDk2MGQ2ZGEzMGY2MzQzZmRiZmI1MDA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no tax in korea either... plus it wouldn't matter.... you can just use an ATM in Seoul

good question, would also like to know...

That's Slovakia dude

Yes, currently any digital asset exchange is treated as regular monetary exchange and it is thus not taxed.

This will probably change in future, but it usually takes a while.

Dudo, Bitstamp is from Slovakia.

you are correct, SLOfag here

The tax mans thread, it'll tel you which countries are tax free, or the tax level in each country.
cryptoaltcointradingblogspotcouk/2018/01/crypto-trading-and-taxation.html
(put a . before and after blogspot and after co)

Kek, OP here and actually I am from Slovakia, so I know the difference quite well.

Its from Slovenia.

it seems that any income from crypto made as a private person (not a buissness entity) is exempt from income tax. Mining is not, that is taxed as any other buissness earning.

Also, Slovenia is god tier in terms of quality of life.

either you're trolling, or you're just uneducated

That sounds good. So maybe I will come from Slovakia to Slovenia for 183+ days and change my tax residence, then cash out. I am looking at Maribor - is it a good city? Its quite near from Slovakia. Or just go with Ljublana?

doesn't that point 2.1 say that it would be taxed as income?

also, join biz tax slack
join.slack.com/t/biztaxes/shared_invite/enQtMjk4MTgxOTk1ODMxLWU5YmE5NDRkMGVlYTgyY2U1ODdlMjU4MzdmNjhmMzM0MTJlNGZhZGMxZDk2MGQ2ZGEzMGY2MzQzZmRiZmI1MDA

how easy/difficult would it realistically be to find someone to marry in slovenia? (seems like easy access method) don't know the culture really.

no it's not go away

please stop shilling Slovenia we don't want any more foregners here
funfact: we are no.1 country in google trends for many crypto terms, it's ridiculous

if you have a pussy and a lot of crypto we can talk

changing your tax residence is harder than it seems

Why? I dont own any property in my home country. Also I am an IT freelancer. Can just pack my notebook, rent a room in Slovenia and even create a company.

Would it be hard to change tax residency then?

If you are loaded you can find your Melania Trump there.

Ljubljana all the way

Maribor is near the border though. Tough choice.

Hey, how would the goverment find out if i am really siting in my room in Ljubljana? What if I just rented it and stayed in my home country. Then show up after half a year and demand the tax residence? How do they check if I have the rent paid and can show it to them?

in my country's laws changing residence means living more than half a year in another country and having your life interest in another country (so family, job, house etc.)

guys srsly it's not worth it
people here would do anything to get out, that's why crypto is so popular here
and I mean ANYTHING
just look at Melania, she married Trump ffs

Its the same for most of the EU countries. And actually the most important rule is where you have a flat/rent. If you have one in both countries, then the family/work etc. is the main rule to determine it.

But I dont have a flat/rent in my home country. My only one will be in Slovenia. So? What then? I am living in my home country without any formal agreement, my parents allow me to live in their free flat (but its not on paper or anywhere)

Would any user from Slovenia some free cash? He would write an agreement with me that he rents a room to me. I would never live there though, just on paper, so I have a residency in Slovenia.

I can pay good money. You dont have to do anything.

what about real estate?
>price, current state of market
>ease and expected gains from renting out to students/wagecucks
>how difficult to get into/legal complications

why don't you just rent a room then?

Because i thought it would be easier to rent a room from some user that knows whats up. And maybe get it bit cheaper, coz he will know that I wont come there. Hard to explain that to some random normie "g-g-give it cheaper, i-i wont live here anyway, i just need it to cashout my meme coins".

ok you've got a point
don't have extra rooms though

It's tax free in Slovakia as well isn't it? At least until next year.

Is it dictated by law that i need a separate room or something? Or why would you need a "extra room" for it?

No, its not. In Slovakia its 25% income* + 14% health insurance. So crypto is taxed 39% in Slovakia. Basically fuck my life.

*if you are poor, then the income tax is "just" 19%, but still gotta pay 14% health insurance.

Thats why I need to move to Slovenia.

Damn. Maybe I should've read more about it then.

Go ahead though, Slovenia is beautiful and full of great people. And they have an actual highway going through the whole country.

>Hey, how would the goverment find out if i am really siting in my room in Ljubljana? What if I just rented it and stayed in my home country. Then show up after half a year and demand the tax residence?
They could demand proof like utility bills paid, digital "footprints" etc to see that you have actually spent the time there

but is it now comfirmed 100% that it is tax free in Slovenia no matter circumstances (holding, trading etc)?

I have family from Slovenia do you think that would help me with obtaining citizenship if I wanted to retire with my crypto earnings there one day?

They could do a lot of things. But do they really do it? And demand it?

Well if i rented a room, then I could just get the bills etc. from the person renting it to me, yeah?

Yes, it is 100% tax free, stated in official document. Its not tax free if you are mining or you are a company though.

Depends. Where are you from? If you are from USA, then forget it. Only if you are ready to renounce your citizenship.

>They could do a lot of things. But do they really do it? And demand it?
You never know, but it would suck if they did and you had already sold crypto and then dont get it approved

>Yes, it is 100% tax free, stated in official document. Its not tax free if you are mining or you are a company though.
Didn't you just say in the OP you are not sure and you only used google translate?
anyway join the slack if you didn't already and maybe someone there can contact a Slovenian tax firm to interpret the document so we can be entirely sure

Yes, i used google translate. But the language is similiar to slovak language so I get the point anyway. Also, slovenian anons confirmed it. And google trnanslate is bonus.

btw. i am in the Slack room but its dead i think

I see, maybe it is so then

yeah i think the slack was only started recently

We're full

B-but if I am from Slovakia, t-then its basically the same, r-right? R-right user?