Was $3000 down

>was $3000 down
>now $1000 down
>don't want to buy anything at these prices
>don't want to sell anything at these prices

When are things going to start recovering properly?

let me just predict the market for you you fucking retard

Want to make money put that noodle to work.. lazy twat

did u sell in the past 5 days? shoulda held ud be fine. im down maybe 15% still but hey i held and i will break even soon.

lol i'm literally 33 cents below the amount i invested

> can't predict the future

FIRST WORLD DETECTED

FLAGS
L
A
G
S

im waiting

Does it make more sense to sell everything at it's current low and re distribute the funds, or wait until it recovers?

Nah I'm not that stupid.

The market is just taking a long time to do nothing. There isn't a dip to buy anymore but it isn't worth selling anything either.

It's fucking boring.

If you are smart, whenever you wake up and market has crashed, you sell everything, and redistribute into whatever will recover fastest.

That's how you get your losses back. But you have to be smart.

I'm smart, so even though I was down initially and was all-in on alts before the crash began, I now actually have more btc than I did before it started

>invested at $19k BTC
>still several thousand dollars in the green somehow

Oops, forgot to mention, the "being smart" part has to do with knowing what will bounce the hardest.

If you aren't smart, then holding (if you are bullish) or selling on the next spike and going into fiat (if you are bearish) is the next best play

Thanks for the reply. Relatively new at this and don't know how to handle a crash correctly.

How are you supposed to tell which alt is going to recover fastest?

They all crash together so I don't see why people would buy more of one than another.

bro the market just got shafted -50%

its not gonna bounce back for AT LEAST a few days if not weeks

>if you're smart you could predict the fuchure

Flags would actually make this place worse. It would just turn into /pol/ not like it hasn't already but it could be worse.

What about selling 25% of stacks right away and buying back in at a lower price. If you fuck it up it doesn't hurt so bad. Thinking about it next time because if I was brave enough I could've re bought everything at 30% minimum

Yes, this works, and is often what I do, but if you miss the initial sell off you have to be REALLY sure you aen't selling bottoms.

Best way to do this is be patient and only sell on green candles.

It's not a sciene but it has to do with the following:

* What's popular right now?
* What is most oversold?
* Current volume?

Also I forgot to mention that you don't *immediately* redistribute. But basically you sell everything so you are flexible, and then try to time the bottom of the coin you determine will bounce hardest.

Then you put it in. If you did it right, you can get an instant spike of 15% or so, which you sell, and you have now recovered 15% of your losses immediately

Keep in mind this is a risky strategy and takes practice as you have to have a feeling for market timing, but you reduce the risk by making sure you aren't selling the bottom by selling on a upswing.

Well I figure, once everything is red, put the sell in and put the order in for buy back at 25%

You could even do it super conservatively like, have 1/3 buy back at 8.3%, 1/3 buy back at 16.6% and then the last 1/3 at 25%.

Even if it is the bottom you wouldn't lose 25% of holdings, you would have to buy in at maybe +10% instead of on sale. Or it moons right after and you still get your 75% riding the wave.

I'm sad I'm figuring this out now, I could have been swinging BTC at the very least for a month.

Well are you gonna tell us faggot?

But how can you tell bitcoin isn't going to start mooning and triple your losses?

I know what you mean OP, I'm in the same position. recovered a lot but still ~20k down from before the crash. If anything, I would rather prices go down again so I can accumulate more, holding midterm moon missions.