Where to buy Crypto with CAD

19yo Uni Canafag who wants to get 1k in crypto assets. What is the best way to convert my CAD into Crypto

Other urls found in this thread:

coinbase.com/join/5a44228cec2bee04e17ff022
youtube.com/watch?v=OzEExAcDgPg&t=247s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Quadrigacx no exception

do 1 fucking google search.

canadian ethereum exchange. not fucking hard.

This. Unless your coinbase account is like 6 months old you wont be able to buy more than 250 CAD a week.

if you go to ubc lets meet up and fight

at 1000CAD limit after 1 month
>stay poor

With quadrigacx you'll be waiting ~3 weeks before you are verified and can fund your account with fiat. Coinsquare has instant verification, funding usually takes ~24 hours. Let me know if you want my referral (we both get $20)

give the ref

Took me legit 1-2 two days to get verified

>Que/biz/er

If you're in Toronto I can sell you $1k worth of ethereum locally. Want to evade taxes.

With quad?

lmao no
quadriga will verify in a week TOPS

delete the spaces
coinsquare.io / register ? r = 92E5BB2AD
check plebbit, there are dozens of posts of people waiting weeks and weeks. Quadriga does manual verification, coinsquare has automated verification that takes ~2 minutes

It took me nearly 3 weeks, but it was also during their busiest time.

Quad is the best because you can use interac to instantly fund your account

I wanna cash out, how much are you willing to buy?

t. 15k CAD

Yes with Quadrigacx
Though I'll be honest I did it last year when Eth was still 10$.

With Quadrigacx you fund INSTANTLY through Interac and buy INSTANTLY
No waiting time for anything.

Cashing out is a breeze as well.
They have sent me over 10k + through Interac and it took 1 day to receive the email.

(5k limit through Interac IIRC).

I still have no clue what to do about taxes though.

Yeah quad sounds best, referal pls

Also how do I set up Blockfolio to see my holding?

How do you use Interac?
I'm with TD and the card I have won't work with Interac and everytime I try using electronic fund deposit it's not available to me.

I use quadriga too, but be warned, it has low liquidity, and annoying fucking bots.

Im not sure about taxes either. i know its capital gains tax and that half of our profits are taxed (within our tax bracket), but how does it work if we only pull SOME profits out?

As in, you invest 5000 and it turns into 10000, but you only withdraw 5000. Do you pay taxes on 2500, or do you incorporate your initial investment into the calculation so that you would only pay taxes on 1250?

Can any canadians answer this?

with quadriga only the referee gets a bonus so just sign up without a referral because you as the referred won't get anything
blockfolio has the quadriga pairs, just record your trades using those

Use this ref code, user: r3kgo0srz5im1hkljh84p2f5

You only pay taxes on realized gains. Putting 5k in and taking 5k out in a year means 0 taxes but your cost basis for the remaining crypto is 0.

Also note that crypto->crypto IS realizing gains according to the CRA so its the same tax liability as cashing out if you were to get audited.

Cheapest is quadriga, fastest is coinbase.

bitcoin.tax website

quadriga is only good for ETH

for risky moon plays you gotta go on binance

I am with RBC bank, 0 problems.
Some banks are unsupported unfortunately, so your best bet is to wire it I guess.
Last year I cashed out only 4.5k and did not declare it. Under 10k is pretty much under the radar in my opinion.

Mybtc.ca. Takes 24 hours for them to release your first purchase, and you can only get BTC.

Any reason to open accounts on multiple exchanges?

Do it. You might run into a verification/funding issue on one exchange. If you have a decent amount of money invested in crypto you definitely want it spread over multiple exchanges in case one goes insolvent. Also you can arbitrage between exchanges for free money.
The downsides are that it will be a tax filing nightmare

I second this.

Trade was super easy once my wallet unfucked itself and sent the coins over to quadriga.

I signed up for coinbase just to find out they wouldn't do BTC to CAD.

Coinbase with debit/credit fees is cheaper than Quadriga for buying crypto because Canadian exchanges pay a premium (like Korea, but less). Downside is the limits and you can't withdraw. Also afaik Quadriga covers outgoing transaction fees but Coinbase does not (you can use the gdax method though).

You pay a premium but on the flip side you also sell at a premium

The exception is that in order to get verified you have to wait about 3 weeks..

Buy on Coinbase, sell on Quadriga

Use my coinbase ref. You'll get an extra 12$ cad for every 125$ cad you spend, should cover the exchange transfer fees

coinbase.com/join/5a44228cec2bee04e17ff022

>Electronic Funds Transfer - disabled
>Interace E-Transfer - disabled
>Interac Online - non credit card branded debit cards only, which don’t exist any more
>Bank Wire - $100k minimum transfer
>Vouchers - literal meme

Plus it takes them a month to verify you.

The only thing I hate more than that shitty company are the shills for it on Veeky Forums.

What about moon plays? Any good options for canucks in Altcoins?

Here is a complete and comprehensive guide a monkey could follow. There is some good info in the comments section too.

youtube.com/watch?v=OzEExAcDgPg&t=247s

why would a fucking 19 year old want to get into the most volatile market in existence? if it crashes you are ruined and will have no future.

See

Coinsquare

Literally wrong. High risk tolerance when we are young, LOW risk exposure when you are about to retire in a few years fag.

Does CoinSquare let you cash out? and what are the fees vs CoinBase

I've verified with coinsquare but never actually used them. Cool how you can buy gold and silver wit btc on there

you cant cash out on coinbase with CAD

Coinsquare charges 1% fee when cashing out via direct bank deposit to your bank account. Minimum is $100, maximum is $9000. Wire transfer is 0.5% + bank fees and the minimum is $10,000.

I've only used the direct dank deposit because it works really well. I've pulled out $9k a couple of times now.

The fees are way to high imo. But it is something that would be good to have an account with just in case Quadriga isn't working. A friend of mine cashed out a few hundred bucks with them and said it went smoothly.

If you were withdrawing 9k for the purpose of not getting your account flagged by the bank for cra for being over the 10k limit, I believe you may have screwed this us. It is my understanding that in Canada they changed the minimum deposit to get your account flagged to 3k, but I don't have a source and would like to confirm this if someone knows forsure.

is ID & Address Verification all i need to sell bitcoin on quadrigacx? i made an account on there 6 months ago but never used it to buy bitcoin and all i have is my id and address verified

I'm paying my taxes, I'm just doing $9k because it is the maximum coinsquare allows for direct bank deposits. I'm not sure what the limit is but I've heard $5k

Ah, okay.
Are you reporting taxes on each and every crypto to crypto trade, or only when you cash out back into your account?

You know there are people who sell and buy locally for market price? If you're in the GTA, you should check kijiji. Got 5k when I traded this guy litecoins a few weeks ago.

Btw lol at paying taxes.

How else theen?

Have fun being stuck there, no matter how much verification I add they haven't bumped my limit since I hit that six months ago.

I have the same issue, there are different types of Interac, my CIBC Visa wouldn't work and neither did my Tangerine Mastercard. Another thread mentioned CIBC cards work so maybe that changed, but I know that Tangerine locked out crypto purchases end of last month because they cancelled my transactions.

Only reasonable way to cash out in Canada so there's not much of a choice.

Quadriga can't intrec express

should we be concerned?

Just made a bank wire withdraw ..

anyone had trouble cashing out?

i was able to cash out 30K with quadriga last month

I cashed out $5000 last month with no issue other than needing my bank's address and information.

Getting money in has not worked so far. I bought through Coinbase but need to figure out something else.

>Under 10k is pretty much under the radar in my opinion.

kek. oh son, you're going to get so burned.

ok thanks user

Also, if anyone wants to buy crypto directly from me in Montreal I could do a deal

fellow Canadian, don't buy yet, wait a few weeks.

why