It's fucking over

sec.gov/divisions/investment/noaction/2018/cryptocurrency-011818.htm

whats the tldr?

tl;dr version dude

>OMG I'll have to compete with actual pros at trading now and I don't even know what spreads are

what do you think was gonna happen

read it. literally nothing important. if anything this is good for crypto, it briefly mentioned the positive utility uses for crypto in financial markets/payments etc
what the fuck are you snorting OP?

Now we have to compete with pros.

what is over you fucking numbskull?

did you even read your own link or understand the (in)significance of it?

It means now we have to get lisences and register through federal government shit etc.

1940 Act funds cant invest in crypto. No shit.

Tether is getting shot in the head

No ETF for now. Who cares?

HOLY SHIT THIS IS HUGE
NO WONDER WE'RE TANKING

SELLLLLLL

nigger tier thread
posts link no original input
sage reported gys

Now the Federal Government and Wallstreet will run the crypto market everyone but me gotta learn

Interesting.
Try reading the article.

Liquidity
A key feature of open-end funds, such as mutual funds and ETFs, is daily redeemability. Funds must maintain sufficiently liquid assets in order to provide daily redemptions. Under the new fund liquidity rule, rule 22e-4, funds will be required to implement a liquidity risk management program.[3] Under the rule, among other things, funds must classify their investments into one of four liquidity categories and limit their investments in illiquid securities to 15% of the fund’s assets.[4] A fund’s liquidity classifications should be informed by the market depth of its holdings (that is, whether trading varying portions of a position in a particular portfolio asset is reasonably expected to affect the liquidity characteristics of that investment) as well as other relevant market, trading and investment-specific considerations.

What steps would funds investing in cryptocurrencies or cryptocurrency-related products take to assure that they would have sufficiently liquid assets to meet redemptions daily?

Yawned/10

this is going to be huge

Some top level in the SEC is inquiring with high level investment guru's about the specifics and dynamics of ETF's, MF's, etc that have their underlying value based on crypto. Meaning, the SEC is starting to seriously consider allowing the formation and trading of ETF's and the like on exchanges, almost literally a nothing burger. Some high level firms and the general public will have greater access to crypto through funds in the near future.

wrong

dumb fucking americans

This has actually set my mind at ease because it reinforces just how complicated it will be for the SEC to properly regulate the cryptocurrency ecosystem. These are just questions about regulation for which the answers will be extremely complicated and hard to come to, much less incredibly difficult to properly enforce due to the global nature of cryptocurrencies. Worst case scenario for the time being would be minor regulation in the US market, and even then the SEC would have to fight tooth and nail to enforce it.

Remember that SEC court session which we all watched a few months ago? Remember how they were having trouble understanding blockchain technology and basically bungled their way through the proceedings as the people defending crypto held their own remarkably well?

We still have time.

This, thanks for explaining it to the dumb fucking normies, I wasn't about to type that shit out

ur dumb dude

>We still have time.

not much though. Up until bitcoin hits it's new ATH I would say.

token air drop.

t.iost.io/?c=uBpl9zlm

Please sirs, use it.

yea looks like they're starting to realize that crypto is here to stay, although they want to treat it as a security which is a grey area. Once the jp morgans and other giant shitheads get in the crypto market they'll probably try to manipulate the shit out of it with their fucking ai bots though

can we spread this fud? i need to rebuy my bags

>What policies would a fund implement to identify, and determine eligibility and acceptability for, newly created cryptocurrencies offered by promoters (e.g., an “air drop”)? How might a fund account for those holdings if the fund chooses to claim such cryptocurrencies?

I don't know dude, the SEC might come down on me

I actually read it unlike the illiterate majority of lazy fuckwits here that post kneejerk reactions to a headline. It's fucking nothing. Fuck you for wasting 10 minutes of my life.

You know JP Morgan Investments already have investments in BTC, right?

All this shit says is don't expect wall street to trade funds that hold crypto anytime soon. It doesn't ban it. This is a move that says, we don't understand this, it is too risky (we all know there is a lot of risk here), so don't let this be traded on open wall st exchanges. No big news.

I'm sure they do, i know those big banks love walking all over the SEC's rules using technicalities. They probably just label it a high risk asset and play with it, I wouldn't be surprised if they were directly responsible with other whales for the recent pump and dump spurred on by the media's melodramatic love affair with bitcoin.

This is actually good news for crypto. They are open to discussion. Op is a faggot who needs to kill self

shhhh, girls are still accumulating warmly

I can see the headlines tomorrow morning.
>SEC begins talks of banning cryptocurrency exchanges!
>Source: Reuters article linking this letter and nothing else

don't forget the part where everyone proceeds to not read it and their heads catch on fire

This is good you fucking idiot, 10T marketcap is the future

shill me on this.