Mainnet to be released today

You wish I was kidding, but I'm not. You've been warned.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s02NE0nv07JF
blog.request.network/request-network-project-update-december-22nd-2017-first-feedbacks-colossus-introducing-request-51fc3387a686
docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/6f7ca2_96ffee2e91f14af3bbbcecdbc7aee3b1.pdf
paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-are-the-fees-for-paypal-accounts-faq690
youtube.com/watch?v=SF58Lsvqg5E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"Hey Stacey, want anything from Starbucks?"
>"Yeah, I want a mocha roastie supreme! But can you go get it for both of us, I don't want to stop watching Netflix!"
"Sure, can you send me some money though? My credit card is almost empty, I spent everything on Chad!"
>"Yeah, I just go this new app "Request Network". Download it and send me a request!"
"Wow, I just got it too! I'll put in a request. Hmm, that's weird Stace, it's saying I need "REQ tokens". Wtf is that?"
>"Uh, this app is so fucking weird. WEIRD AND CREEPY. Why do I need a token to send money? How do I even get them?"
"Just delete it Stace and use venmo. That app was made by virgins and creepy ugly losers."

>this dumb FUD again
wasnt REQ made by a woman?

Even more reason to be bearish on Request Network

I fucking hate REQ and all that it stands for, but not even I will claim this is how it works.

EVERYONE KNEW THIS FUD FUCKER

Wait really? Pls spoonfeed

its probably not comin out today
if it does I'll be surprised but it wouldn't be too out of the ordinary since this team works quickly

most everyone knows this FUD by now, but I'll refute it anyways for the unaware lurking.

Req tokens do not interact with either user at all. The request network is simply a system that allows users to pay each other in any fiat or crypto they want, and have it be converted into whatever crypto or fiat the receiver wants. The req token, i repeat, does not get used for the transaction by the user, it is instead used to facilitate currency transfer and a bit is burned in the process. A similar coin is BNB, for example.

Seems like it'd be a shock. Maybe we'll get the release date

must suck to live a life where everyone you've ever encountered wished they'd never encountered you

Won't REQ have a lot of competition, and won't it have to become really big in order to be worth basically anything?

where's the competition right now?
it's being made to compete with PayPal and it'll be cheaper and work with crypto

Then why own the tokens if they're immaterial to the product being offered?

Kek, probably not.

Would be nice if it did, though. Easy $5 end of day.

Stacey is fat and you are retarded.

are you livin in an echo chamber?
utrust is one of them 11k users on telegay

not really. venmo and paypal were really small at one point too, if the product is good, convenient, and inexpensive with fees people will use it.

paypal has horrid fees and bad customer service. venmo is pretty decent but they only work in USD I believe. Request network could convert between any fiat, and any crypto, all while being much cheaper fee wise than it's competitors. It can also be a way for normies to buy crypto that don't want to deal with intrusive exchanges.

I'm not saying it's for sure going to work, that is yet to be seen. But the coin has great fundamentals, a good team, well shilled here on biz, and has a really solid real life use case. I will be holding.

the field is really big. space for more than 1 operator, each worth more than "basically anything"

Do you understand how BNB works? Remember how much that coin has mooned? BNB coin is used to facilitate trades, it is immaterial to the product being offered just like req, but it is an effective way to transfer currencies inexpensively. A small amount is burned everytime too ( this doesn't affect price as much as people think).

It's a transfer coin. If the network succeeds, the coin succeeds. I think the network has a bright future, so I put some money in. Of course always DYOR

They can't answer that. The token is useless.

literally just answered it brainlet. You realize BNB is almost exactly the same as REQ function wise. Both coins depend on their respective networks succeeding. Binance became very popular with many trades, so BNB has mooned an insane amount. If the request network becomes popular, the token will explode as well.

But do you really believe in crypto as a future way of paying for things? That's a bit optimistic.

Also, think how many things have to go right for it to actually become a serious competitor to paypal?

it's fiat transactions will be cheaper than PayPal's
businesses will like that

If REQ succeeds the whole cashing out thing becomes a lot less important because I can pay in my Stellars or something and the person on the receiving end gets dollars. No reason to cash out. It could literally be huge, but I'm worried because it's very concrete whether or not it works given that it has established competitors in Paypal and Venmo that have brand recognition and do really work.

It's ambitious which makes it a risk but I'm going to keep holding it because why not.

the crypto isn't used directly, the company is being smart and using crypto to make the conversion process either. If you want, you can use request network with just fiat, so if normies that don't understand crypto don't want to have any they don't have to.

as far as whether it succeeds, I think it has a good chance. I can't say for sure, but then again all of crypto is a bit of a gamble on whether a coin/team will succeed. It's just depends on whether you think your coin of choice will be successful or not.

remember, bitcoin and ethereum were both thought to be an unrealistic competitor to fiat. look at them now

Concrete is not the best word, rather it's very black and white.

It needs to be better than Paypal, that's the standard for success IMO. I'd like to think that businesses would have this embedded in all their payment pages even if Paypal is a better way of transferring fiat just because the business could also get people buying in crypto but Normans don't behave predictably.

I can't understand the technical aspect on how exactly they will connect Fiat to this whole thing. Crypto is digital so it's just lines of codes, but what about money coming from a bank? Oracles?

yep. it will be cheaper than both of it's competitors, better technology is being used.

it is ambitious, but this is the wild west right now for crypto, every coin is extremely ambitious. those who dare win.

vocaroo.com/i/s02NE0nv07JF

That's a big plus plus for sure.

Well that's true, but people are still going to want to cash out any serious earnings, to protect themselves against a crash or just market volatility.

I know. But crypto payments was one of the arguments for it's possiblle growth, and you gotta look at each argument one after one. If crypto payments aren't going to be big, that's one less pro for Request.

Will its use not be limited mostly to private payments between people? Why would e-shops or other companies use it to request payments? Why not just pay directly?

I actually do hold REQ, but I'm not sure I'll be keeping it long term. I have more faith in OMG, even though they're not doing the same thing.

somebody answer this man....

oh so REQ gives you discounts on fees so stocking up early means you save more on fees as the price of REQ appreciates, just like BNB?

it could potentially be used both between people and between people and businesses. It has good potential for both uses. companies would use the request network because it would be cheaper, faster, and accepts various currencies and cryptos. it basically opens the door to cryptos becoming well adopted.

Even if you don't believe in it, that's fine. at the very least the hype behind the project is strong and there will be good gains short term as well.

read this blog, go to fiat integration section. they list 5 possibilities

ideal way is oracles. they list alternatives though if that doesn't work out

blog.request.network/request-network-project-update-december-22nd-2017-first-feedbacks-colossus-introducing-request-51fc3387a686

If we hit $1.00 tonight I will order a hooker and fuck her on a livestream for your enjoyment. Not just the missionary position shit either. We're gonna get real kinky ;))).

But seriously, I think the news won't be anything special. They will say that they are making good progress on mainnet and announce a few features they plan to test soon, and then disappear back into their cave for another couple of weeks. Hopefully I am wrong, but wishful thinking doesn't get you very far in trading.

mainnet will probably be released on a Monday like the testnet was

>3am, street level: As I walk away from my Tesla Z Centenario, dark hot rain falling as I pass a pack of even darker pajeets shitting into the steaming street vents, a familiar voice calls out to me through the crowd of crypto wojaks and other undesirables.

>"Hey money stranger :P, haven't seen you around the boom boom clubs in a quite while. How 'bout we go get a drink".

>It was Stay-C, a pariah-tier whore with too be big to be true mammaries and exposed genitalia peeking through the folds of her recycled leather kimono. I used to bang her in the days when old-Ripple was still worth 10K bit-coins, and when I still had the appetite for intercourse with biological females.

>"Stay-stay my sweet mona, yah I've been out of the cum scene these days. Just couldn't bring myself to plug into Nocox anymore :) Can't get enough of the stick and beans you see."

>Visibly insulted, she spits towards the ground as a janitor micro-drone flies by, catching her yellow glob mid air while sending her implant a 3 REQ invoice for the cleanup, all happening within a blink of an eye. Ah, the power of our great Antethereum network. Praise be to Brother Sergey VitDa, the bio-engineered genius spawned from the genes of Father Skelly, a Chinian and a plump Amero-Russko.

so many fucking brainlets in this thread

> what's the point of the token? it's useless herp derp

that's like asking what's the point of having ETH in etherium. When you're utilizing the request network, your're fueling your actions via REQ, just like gas would be used for ETH. The only difference is you don't need to be holding REQ ahead of time, which is a quality of life improvement.

>req network can be used without req token
Good.
>Ripple network can be used without XRP
Bad.

Explain yourself, Veeky Forums!

Req, the uber complicated exchange which is solving over 9000 problems we dont have, except the one nobody has solved yet: where to get fiat for crypto.

Thanks man, appreciated
Bought 100k unironically. This shit can go into hyperspace

literal brainlet. The token is still used to pay for actions on the network. if you don't hold any it auto buys some behind the scenes to fuel it though.

also after the kyber mainnet...

these pajeet shills are just embarrassing and are actually hurting the token

it's not that complicated at all for the user, that's all that matters. in fact it is very simple.

and the request network could allow you to get fiat for crypto without having to use an exchange. that is a big deal.

>except the one nobody has solved yet
you can easily buy stuff online with eth?

good to know

want everyone in the thread to know that I'm not shilling the coin short term, I'm just explaining how it works and why it could be big. I don't think the announcement is anything important in the long run.

>Well that's true, but people are still going to want to cash out any serious earnings, to protect themselves against a crash or just market volatility.

I agree, but the way I see it cryptos are still very young and we're still very early on. I'm thinking of a future years from now where a larger chunk of the population owns them in some fashion and the market isn't quite as volatile because there isn't as much growth left. The reason people will have and want to have cryptos will be hopefully totally different than it is now where it's just a big speculation fest and nobody wants to use these things for anything but cashing out for more dollars than they put in. I think that if you were to just break down all the people that own crytpo it'd be like the real economy, the vast majority of people own a little bit but not a lot, a small minority own a ton (and these are the ones who will cash out). I think the people that own a little crypto will be more willing to spend it like they would dollars and the hassle of having to cash it out and then use it is gone if REQ succeeds.

check out hawala.today, they're going to try to create cash cards for fiat -> crypto

Have any anons heard of Tenx? Sounds like they’re trying to do something similar to req. are they a viable competitor to req?

This.

???

Tenx a physical card, how is that similar to creating an ecommerce/accounting/auditing platform???

Looking at their roadmap they won't have the cards until 2019 either

Ever seen websites with multiple options for cashing out? Yeah, I thought so. It does not have to _replace_ anything.

Which of the things listed here do you think they will announce progress on?

Why are you overhyping it?! You know full well that is not gonna happen today! What are you trying to acomplish? A mini dump so you can get a decent entry point?!
RIGHT NOW IS A DECENT ENTRY POINT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!!!!!!

they just moved to Singapore
a partnership with another Singapore crypto could be possible

wut?

I was reading about how Livingroom of Satoshi is used by parents of international students to pay tuition fees using crypto to avoid having to pay exchange fees or trust thier pajeet chong kid with the money. Request could make this whole thing alot easier.

When can I buy the novel?

Request is not supposed to be used by the average joe for buying things online. It's for B2B invoicing. I'm quite lucky to know some guys at my university who are blockchain researchers, they published some of the first papers on network analysis of the Bitcoin network in 2011. They actually talk to companies and do market research about what the use-cases for this technology is. Anyway, they've come to one conclusion about what the ultimate function is and what sector this is going to replace; Auditing.

It can be hard to understand just how big a deal this is if you've never run a company or been involved in corporate accounting but a tamper-proof ledger that records all your dealings that you can selectively show to the taxman, your counter-parties or your share-holders is worth more to a business than you could ever imagine. Request is probably the only project I've seen so far that seems to understand this and take it seriously. Auditing will be the last man standing when all the noise and hype disappears over the coming years. Just read the Request Yellow Paper; the concept of smart-audits and how much importance that the team is giving to them is what made me go in big on REQ. Companies WILL shell out for these kind of services and they will deal with awkward interfaces and protocols to get their transactions stamped on the blockchain. If the REQ token makes it cheaper then at worst they will grin and bear purchasing it or at best try and stockpile them.

Holy shit this thread is retarded let me answer some of the questions

>How will REQ work without owning REQ isn't that bad for REQ owners?
REQ will be bought and burned automatically when you pay for transactions with whatever fiat you want to pay as.
>What is the situation with REQ competitots?
REQ is designed from the ground up to have 0 profit margin. This is esplicitly done so that no company can compete with Request Network. Since companies need by definition make profit to pay staff,shareholders etc. Request Network makes their money from rising token value and the ETH they got during ICO so they can maintain 0 profit margin. They basically designed REQ to be a natural monopoly
>How does fiat work
Multiple methods but there will probably be an oracle for every fiat. Basically this means that in the future you can pay with whatever the fuck you want for the lowest fees on the internet with Request Network making it the objectively best payment provider from an economical standpoint giving it a big reason for companies to adapt it
>Mainnet release today!!!!!1111
No Mainnet will NOT release today but on 24th of March.

I'm getting sick and tired of pajeet bullshitting and brainlet reasoning on this board.

Oh, you mean exactly how it works on Ripple network? Really makes you think, don't it?

What does it do that XLM doesn't?

>predicting a main net release date
you're just as dumb as eveyrone else here

XLM and REQ aren't even targeting the same market

It's not a prediction it's extrapolated from when kybermainnet releases (needed for basic functioning of ERC20 token exchange) and the 0x partnership they are working on. They can only release the mainnet after these 2 things have been finished. Which will be on the 24th of March. Very high likelyhood that will be the release date.

I'm just wondering since XLM is being advertised as having any-to-any payments and it can store data. Isn't that mostly the same things REQ are doing?

XLM is designed to transfer funds very cheaply between nations.

Request Network is designed to be able to buy everything with every currency in existence including fiat and cryptocurrencies.

REQ is for businesses since it does your accounting automatically thus saves businesses money. And it's cheaper than paypal and all other services due to 0 profit margin.

You can also use XLM and ripple with REQ in the future while you can't use REQ tokens with Ripple or XLM. Giving businesses an incentive to just use REQ since then you natively support all other cryptocurrencies as well.

Loving this chart. Looks like people are pretty bullish on the announcement - no one wants to sell

>it'll be cheaper
[citation needed]

"if you receive money for goods or services, the fee for each transaction is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you receive."

Full citation: docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/6f7ca2_96ffee2e91f14af3bbbcecdbc7aee3b1.pdf

Forgot to link the citation of the paypal fee

paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-are-the-fees-for-paypal-accounts-faq690

It's 2.9% plus $0.30 for every transaction.

Request network will be almost 10x cheaper to use than paypal for merchants.

Summary:

Paypal: 2.9% plus $0.30 for every transaction

Request Network: 0.05-0.5% capped at $1 so the fee will NEVER be higher than $1 even if you have a $1,000,000 transaction.

Again Request Network is designed to be unable to compete with so that it can form a long-term monopoly.

Fuck its going down. Hopefully it will go back up

What role does kyber play for REQ and how will the recently announced partnership of kyber with icon affect REQ?

It better mean REQ hitting $1.00 tonight or I'm gonna dump this shitcoin for good.

Hahaha what

Oh shit, I-I didn’t know it was made by a roastie. Selling my stack :(
If that is FUD then good job, you got me, I can’t risk it though.

Do you guys think its worth staying up until 4AM and hating myself to trade on the announcement. I have $50K worth so the stakes are high, but if it's not gonna do anything interesting I might as well go to bed.

Just accumulate from now until the main net release in March, you'll be fine.

>The absolute state of REQ FUD

>2 developers
>github has barely any commits

This is the next Chainlink, a great idea which will never be implemented.

Kyber just partnered with ICON. Request is partnered directly with Kyber (they have offices in the same building in Singapore). These coins are going to fucking explode anons. RIP to anyone not holding them.

Please sell your REQ and buy a shitcoin instead.

kyber is the platform that will play the automated exchange function that buys and burns REQ automatically for the Request Network. We don't know why icon partnered with Kyber yet and it's still possible they also have a partnership with Request Network.

Just go to bed mainnet will NOT release today. At best a partnership with icon gets announced. You will probably hold until mainnet release anyway so go to sleep.

Not even bro. I'm selling by Saturday at the latest to get in on ICX for their mainnet launch.

Then I recommend selling it now and buy ICX right now since ICX will slowly rise in value until mainnet release while REQ will probably drop except if it's a partnership with ICX which is not a small chance but you're saver by selling your REQ now.

I'm in REQ for the very long term since I think REQ will be the fastest grower of 2018. Do what you think is right.

to be fare everyone is trying to partner with kyber network it's "Vitalik approved" way to trade crypto in the future, which is basically makes it x10 this year easily.

REQ tokens get burned as more transactions go through the request network, lowering the supply, thus increasing the price. Thus buying tokens right now, you are betting that the network will succeed and will be used significantly.

Eh, I have been psyching myself up for this moment since Wednesday so I don't want to blow my chance at a quick 10-20% at the last minute, even if it means risking a loss. If it does dump, do you think it would take multiple days to recover?

Partnership with Deloitte and PwC confirmed.

> If it does dump, do you think it would take multiple days to recover?

I've been holding REQ since the start. And this has always been the case. Price rice in anticipation on news. If news is good it moons further. If it's average news or worse it drops and then it takes 2 weeks for it to recover. It's a very predictable pattern.

If you want to maximize profit sell REQ right now and buy ICX except if you think that REQ will announce a ICX partnership of which the chance is pretty high since REQ and Kyber share the same office space and are in full partnership with each other. Would be weird if only one of them got into a ICX partnership but who knows.

Hmm. That makes sense. It looks like there is a bit of a cup and handle forming so I think I'm going to wait around 1 hour for everyone to buy into hype and then see if I can get a good price (hopefully $0.68 or so) then. If not I will hold through the announcement.

Sold 77K at an average price of 0.000609 ETH. Good stuff. Thanks for warning me about how it dumps after news serious dude

Stay green. Thx for the read.

youtube.com/watch?v=SF58Lsvqg5E

You made the right choice. The news was mild at best. I suspect REQ to reach somewhere between $0.45-$0.55 over the next week. Buy back then if you want to hold REQ long term.

Yeah, that dumped hard. I am so fucking hyped right now that I actually managed to make a good trade for once. And now I can sleep easy with those profits reinvested in comfy ICX and VEN. I do see long-term potential in REQ, so I will probably buy back in after reevaluating ICX after their mainnet launch.

>-5%
>that dumped hard
¿?

Guess I'm not going to apply for that function after all.

>what will make people take our crypto seriously

Thanks just bought 100k cuz ur FUD is so hard that its the most obvious buy signal.