en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Chain_Reorganization
ripple.com/build/freeze/
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/pylon-network/
ripple.com/insights/top-9-frequently-asked-questions-ripple-xrp/
news.bitcoin.com/ripple-gateways-can-freeze-users-funds-time/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ripple 101
----------

-The supply is fixed. There's no inflation.

-The current transaction cost for a standard transaction is just 0.00001 XRP.

-The transaction cost is not paid to any party: the XRP is irrevocably destroyed.

-Ripple consistently handles 1,500 transactions per second, 24x7, and can scale to handle the same throughput as Visa.

-Ripple Labs share is locked in 55 batches, only one batch can be unlocked per month. It would take them 5 years to unlock them all. This makes their incentives 100% aligned with XRP holders. Ripple Labs is always working on creating new partnerships (e.g., Amex, Santander, ..) and expanding XRP's marketshare.

-Ripple doesn't use proof-of-work anywhere which requires inflation and/or outrageous fees (as in Bitcoin)

-Ripple is more decentralized than Bitcoin. With Bitcoin, you have no choice but to trust whoever purchased the most hashing power (currently it's a chinese company called Bitmain). With Ripple, you can run your own validator and setup your own trusted validators list. 10s of non related reputable public and private entities around the world are currently running validators (e.g., MIT, Microsoft, ..etc), many more keep joining.

-The software is open-source (Stellar was a fork of Ripple).

FUCK THIS IS HUGE

I see those milkies potential

>no mention of Ripple or XRP
>general job position for blockchain dev
>HURR IS RIPPLE GAIS

oh shit

my gains will be astronomical

>Our ideal candidate has built and released distributed applications, has worked with the Ripple, R

Can't do a page search phonefag normie?

hodling 7500 XRP for at least year

not only XRP is superior in terms of cost and speed, it will except from taxation too.

it sits on Federal Reserve task force and on US Fintech advisory board

*it will be exempt

The fast/cheap transactions mean shit for a decentralized system, anyone can set up a server that would process fast transactions.
if anyone can be a validator, why are there only "10s", which are owned by large corporations?

You also fail to mention that XRP-s are not required for the ripple network to use.

Ill get in after I see BTC is really done going down. I don't want to get hit with another crash right as there is some good news again.

>You also fail to mention that XRP-s are not required for the ripple network to use.

it is a good thing that xrapid can work with any coin. Less jewy and scammy if anything

it's faster and cheaper that paypal

>anyone can set up a server that would process fast transactions.

it's not a server, it's 10s of reputable companies like MIT and Microsoft, they plan to add much more this year and remove their validators entirely.

>if anyone can be a validator
every ripple node validates. the role of the validators in the default list is to agree on an order for the transactions, that's all.

a supermajority of 80% is required to consider a ledger valid. If for some reason this super majority misbehaves, people can fork literally for free by going with a different list. you won't have to beg chinse miners to listen to you.

also, there's no double spending threat in Ripple. ledgers can't be rolled back. In bitcoin, nodes have to accept the longest chain, even if it's an intentional attack.

*reputable entities

It's on their roadmap to increase decentralization through increasing the number of trusted validators and by giving XRP to market makers making for more steady and predictable growth. It's obvious to me now Ripple is the crypto pajeets just love to hate.

>Our ideal candidate has built and released distributed
applications, has worked with the Ripple, R3, Ethereum and/or Bitcoin blockchain
>list the 3 biggest volume coin as example of experience
>hey guys! visa is looking for a ripple dev!! Ripple is the future!

never change, biz...

But that does seem to suggest an interest in those blockchains

to make this more clear, even if a supermajority signs invalid ledgers, the rest of nodes would still reject it, because every node validates. the chain can't be rolled back like bitcoin. . supermjaority's only role is to agree on an order for the received transaction.
it's true that bitcoin is more immune to censorship, but do you really need that for 99% of your transactions if you are not a criminal?

>In bitcoin, nodes have to accept the longest chain, even if it's an intentional attack.
ripplecuck education ladies and gentlemen

XRP won't be used by banks you fucking retard. Banks are interested in the ripple technology and specifically not XRP.

XRP takes about 4 seconds to transfer. Can you imagine a bank transferring $1M equivalent of XRP and the value of XRP moving by 0.5% over those 4 seconds? Yeah that's not gonna happen,

Jew coin. Pass.

holy shit, how new are you? even nocoiners know this.

Not really. It just suggests an interest in block chain as a concept, those were just the biggest ones. Notice how it follows up with "list three biggest..." As well?

>it's true that bitcoin is more immune to censorship, but do you really need that for 99% of your transactions if you are not a criminal?
That is the whole point of crypto - we don't need parents telling us what we can or can't do with our money.
Ripple CEO himself is saying that the problem he's solving is that you can't send money overseas fast. I agree that it's funny we have that problem in 2018, but that's just a "fintech" solution. Crypto is a revolution where you don't use banks at all.

for other retards who don't know, this is called reorg attack.

en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Chain_Reorganization
The term "blockchain reorganization" is used to refer to the situation where a client discovers a new difficultywise-longest well-formed blockchain which excludes one or more blocks that the client previously thought were part of the difficultywise-longest well-formed blockchain. These excluded blocks become orphans.

Jihan owns more than 50% hashpower indirectly and can attack Bitcoin this way. Jihan could attack bitcoin this way if forced by the chinse government. An emergency hardfork would be required to change PoW algorithm and rollback the chain.

I don't want to pay $50 fees and wait hours for each transaction because I'm not on interpol's most wanted list.

Even the most hardcore bitcoiners consider Bitcoin to be gold and recommend not using it for regular transactions.

and Ethereum's fees are $4 on average now.

Proof-of-work blockchains simply do not scale. They will never be used for payments.

I'm not saying that BTC in its current form is ready, nor I'm saying that it has to be BTC. The final solution has to be truly decentralized, anonymous, cheap and fast - we're heading to that direction.

it just means he has an experience working with major blockchain tech, not just some garbagecoin he coded in a week after completing a free course. It literally just mentions top 3 for the sake of being top 3.

they have been telling us for years that lightning network will be ready soon.

even when it becomes ready, opening a new channel is expensive as fuck.

see what hal says about bitcoin's scalability in 2010. hal is believed by many to be satoshi or part of a group behind satoshi

R3 is not even a coin you fucking retard lol

it uses a technology similar to Ripple. The interest is mainly in Ripple.

>I have no idea how XRP is used to facility money transfers
>in my pea brain I just assume banks buy XRP and send XRP and that's the transfer

brainlet.

Ripple is more decentralized than bitcoin -> made my day

by the way, IOUs/tokens can be issued in Ripple. Bitstamp has USD and bitcoin IOUs.

I expect governments to use Ripple to issue digital fiat. That will make XRP even more popular because Ripple's has a built-in exchange. People will be able to exchange XRP with other currencies without touching any exchange.

Who is this semen demon?

Stellar is not a fucking fork of Ripple you pleb

Remember.

It might take 10 years more, we have time and we will manage meanwhile.
i'm not sure LN will be the working solution, but I have hopes on PoS, Sharding and Plasma solutions.

We're seeking a strong developer experienced with Ethereum and blockchain architecture to be a part of
team tasked with building distributed application. Our ideal candidate has built and released distributed
applications, has worked with the Ripple, R3, Ethereum and/or Bitcoin blockchain, and has experience with Solidity

LINK LINK LINK

it's true though

Bitcoin
-One company has more than 50% of the hashpower (Bitmain)
-One oppressive country has more than 50% of hashpower (China)
-One company has a monopoly on creating efficient ASIC Bitcoin miners thanks to patents (Bitmain)
-Once company can rollback the chain and bankrupt the entire ecosystem (Bitmain)

Ripple
-10s of validators run by reputable non-related public and private entities in different countries (e.g., Microsoft, MIT, CGI, WorldLink, Telindus-Proximus Group, Bahnhof, ...)

-the only role of the nodes in the default list is to agree an order for transcations, they can't rollback the chain (double spending is not possible)

-consensus requires a supermajority of 80%

-all the nodes validate the ledger they receive

-if any validator in the list misbehaves, the rest of nodes can simply delist him.

-forking is as easy as following a different validators list. no need to beg miners to like your ideas.

why would proof of work matter here at all? its about how much transactions you can fit in a block and propagate it.

until then, I'll be using XRP, probably you too.

I won't resist it if that would really be the case.

So you say its positive that some1s ripple can get frozen?

And the owner holding 50% of ripple isnt concerning you at all?

The Price will not hold because there is too much of this fucking cxoin around. Get out while you get something for your jew coin

"was" not "is", learn to read, nigger.

post a pic of your tinfoil hat i want the same one

no XRP can be frozen

only tokens can be frozen by the issuer.

ripple.com/build/freeze/

>And the owner holding 50% of ripple isnt concerning you at all?

no, it makes their incentives aligned with me.

let's see when coins are not locked or when developers don't have coins at all:

Ether: Vitalik is threatening to leave.

Litecoin: Charlie dumped at ATH and said he will leave

Bitcoin: Core devs don't give a fuck, they refused to increase the blocksize even temporarily, and as a result, bitcoin is dying, the fees skyrocketed, the price crashed, more merchants are dropping it and no one is using it for payments anymore.
I'm comfy as fuck because a company is working full time to pump my bags.

+1

This. They are just looking for blockchain technology "experts" to build their own, I would even guess private, service.
They just cited the most famous one as example.

so I guess nobody read it, as usual

they're looking for a developer who's gonna work on ETHEREUM

they mentioned Ripple as the first "example", second example is R3 which uses a similar technology. There's clearly emphasis on ripple. Third example is Ethereum, menotined just for smart contracts.

So basically they are interested in Ripple's technology + smart contracts.

Either FUD or doesn’t know shit.

I bought in on dips and believe anything under 2 bucks ya a steal. I researched for 2 months even while it peaked I waited for proper entry.

I really believe.

Anyone think it will be on Coinbase soon? Annoyed it was delayed or shelved.

I think that will help it springboard.

proof-of-work coins like Bitcoin aren't practical. If you have any doubt, check's Hal's post, the first person to receive a Bitcoin transaction, it's very likely he's satoshi:

100%

and even if it won't, it doesn't a matter, a ripple wallet called "toast" will support credit cards soon.

>tfw your coin is partnered with a company that processes more financial transactions than visa and MasterCard combined and nobody on biz is talking about it

They’d rather shill shitcoin so they can Lamborghini up in a month.

Non retarded speculators know that it takes years if you wanna be rich.

I know it will get to 20. Will it ever see triple digits?

i would like to visa experince her if you know what i mean

kys

Wachu talkin bout willis

This is like, early 2017 fud at best dude. Honestly try harder or if you are serious, do some research before talking shit

the fact the tokens get burned makes ripple a security! also all of you retards that think holding masternodes is awesome because of muh free money are gonna get rekt once the state starts to actually understand what the fuck is crypto.
also all PoS coins are securities (eth will become one).....

>once the state starts to actually understand what the fuck is crypto.

crypto will be taxed to death, unlike XRP

Ripple sits on Federal Reserve task force and on US Fintech advisory board

so Bitcoin will have to compete with low-fee fast tax-free coin. Good luck with that lol

>think holding masternodes
all these "masternodes" can do is agree on a certain order for new transactions. The worst they can do is stop transacting. Solution? simply remove the misbehaving nodes from your list.

No double spending is possible with Ripple

with bitcoin, miners have the power to halt the network (stop mining) or double spending.

>Meet her
>She seems nice
>Didn't seem to like me for some reason
>Go home to think about it
>In the shower
>Realize I can't recall the color of her eyes

Buy Pylon Network, just a tip.

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/pylon-network/

>5. Is the XRP Ledger centralized?
This is a top misconception with the XRP Ledger. Centralization implies that a single entity controls the Ledger. While Ripple contributes to the open-source code of the XRP Ledger, we don’t own, control, or administer the XRP Ledger. The XRP Ledger is decentralized. If Ripple ceased to exist, the XRP Ledger would continue to exist.

Ripple has an interest in supporting the XRP Ledger for several reasons, including contributing to the longer-term strategy to encourage the use of XRP as a liquidity tool for financial institutions. Decentralization of the XRP Ledger is an ongoing process that started right at its inception. In May 2017, we publicly shared our decentralization strategy.

First, we announced plans to continue to diversify validators on the XRP Ledger, which we expanded to 55 validator nodes in July 2017. We also shared plans to add attested validators to Unique Node Lists (UNLs), and announced over the course of 2017 and 2018, for every two attested third-party validating nodes that meet the objective criteria mentioned above, we will remove one validating node operated by Ripple, until no entity operates a majority of trusted nodes on the XRP Ledger.

We believe these efforts will increase the XRP Ledger’s enterprise-grade resiliency and robustness, leading to XRP’s continued adoption as the best digital asset for payments.

ripple.com/insights/top-9-frequently-asked-questions-ripple-xrp/

Anyone else feeling uneasy they will never find a wife like this?

"We're seeking a strong developer experienced with Ethereum and blockchain architecture to be a part of team tasked with building distributed application."

Nice, bought 100k ETH.

Link

I give you that, Ripple is first in the list.
It's surely the first coin of interest for money transfert institution.
But they are definetly trying to do their own blockchain... It's just too simple and cheap to do so.

what about freezing peoples funds unanimously?

>news.bitcoin.com/ripple-gateways-can-freeze-users-funds-time/

>8. Can Ripple freeze XRP transactions? Are they able to view or monitor transactions?
No one can freeze XRP, including Ripple. All transactions on XRP Ledger are publicly viewable.

the only thing i'm noticing how CRYPTO is the alpha or early beta of FIAT MONEY going digital ...

lmao

CRIPPLE PRIDE WORLDWIDE

>Mentions Ethereum first
>Mentions building distributed applications specifically, i.e. they're looking for a smart contract developer
>Ripple is just 1 crypto mentioned
An Ethereum shill could replace "Ripple" with "Ethereum" in your OP and be just as correct as you.
Come on shill, at least be honest when you shill

>the ledger is decentralized
Scam-tier misdirection I've seen. Who controls the issuance of XRP?
>Rare Pepe
You know no one actually says that, right? And that picture of yours is an abomination to anyone, it won't appeal to the people you're trying to sell Ripple to

Bank A uses blockchain A and wants to transfer money to Bank B that uses blockchain B. They use XRP as the bridge currency.

Ripple has already prepared for this. It's called Interledger Protocol. Everything of value in the economy will be tokenized. Stocks, bonds, real estate, gold, silver, commodities, currencies, etc. It will all be tradeable against XRP.

>The phrase “No one can freeze XRP” is thus a half-truth.
>Ripple does not possess the power to magically remove the funds from a customer’s personal XRP wallet.

>however,
>they can be locked up.
>Not only can the XRP be frozen, but so can the account balances associated with its sale, such as USD.

Im not FUDing but it seems you are misinformed

>news.bitcoin.com/ripple-gateways-can-freeze-users-funds-time/

>Jan 4, 2018

hello?!?!?! should I keep my money in this centralized PoS or what?

only tokens can be frozen by their issuers. XRP can't be frozen by anyone. period.

ripple.com/build/freeze/

Ripple is the first one mentioned

Second one mentioned is a network that uses a technology similar to Ripple

third one is Ethereum because they want smart contracts developer

so they are interested in Ripple's technology + smart contracts.

kys.

>ripple.com/build/freeze/

Ok so I can freeze them before they exchange it to fiat but I cant freeze them from trading to other XRP wallets

only tokens can be frozen by their issuers. XRP can't be frozen by anyone.

what can't you understand about this?

>Emphasis on Ripple
>Which means VISA is aiming to compete primarily with Ripple
>This is good news

You cripples baffle me. VISA essentially announces that they are going to replace Ripple, and you're cheering?

>only tokens can be frozen by their issuers

Tokens issued by whom? What tokens are u talking about? I thought we are talking about XRP.

Ripple is an open network, fees aren't paid to anyone. Visa can't compete with it, retard, unless they don't want to profit anymore, they will probably use Ripple network to optimize internal transactions.

? fresh browser, no history
Ripple is the normie coin

Hello it's not centralized you mong.
Read previous post. Check link. Buy whatever you are comfortable with, I'm not shilling or fuding. At least have facts right.

anyone can issue tokens/IOUs on the network, just like Ethereum. XRP is not a token/IOU. It can't be frozen.

>Ripple is the first one mentioned
Pic related
>kys.
Sure, right after you stop lying.

You can search a page on a phone

It's still centralized, they havent completed their 'decentralization strategy'

>we will remove one validating node operated by Ripple, until no entity operates a majority of trusted nodes on the XRP Ledger.

>announced over the course of 2017 and 2018

Wew lad

WHO THE FUCK CARES IF XRP CAN BE FROZEN!!!

They can already do that with all fiat currencies now! But that doesn't prevent everyone on this board from counting their gains in fiat, or holding fiat in their wallets and bank accounts, or buying and selling goods and services for fiat every day!

MISSING OUT ON THE NEXT WORLD RESERVE CURRENCY BECAUSE IT DOES SOMETHING SIMILAR TO WHAT EVERY OTHER CURRENCY DOES RIGHT NOW!!!

in the specific list, yes, it's the first.

>It's still centralized

Good. Fuck decentralization.

only tokens can be frozen by the issuers, xrp is not a token.

Really?

VISA using XRP would instantly put the token's value around 80$. I've seen the research - this is huge.

I DON'T EVEN GIVE A FUCK IF XRP CAN BE FROZEN.