/rgt/ - Robinhood General Thread

Gimme the beat boys and free my soul, I wanna get lost in your Rock N’ Roll and drift away edition
youtu.be/NIuyDWzctgY

Robinhood FAQs --
- VISIT THE WEBSITE FIRST DAMMIT!! - www.robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on the cash and securities in Robinhood accounts, much like a bank collects interest on cash deposits and by collecting fees from robinhood gold.

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

> I hit sell when the stock was X.XX, but it actually sold at a lower price, why?
Robinhood graphs are *** and only show you an average, not true real-time prices. To get Bid/Ask prices and important things like candlestick graphs, you should use a more robust platform.

> Where can I get better charting or bid/ask?
Real brokers, like TDAmeritrade's thinkorswim. Otherwise you should be using tradingview.com, stockcharts.com, finviz.com, or a non-pile-of-*** for your graphing in addition to Robinhood.
Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For XIV/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for XIV)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Cryptocucks fuck off.

Other urls found in this thread:

weednewswire.com/2018/01/19/future-farm-signs-definitive-agreement-acquire-blockchain-cryptocurrency-application-cannabis-payment-platform/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Too early for everyone.

Nah I'm up

I'm here too.
Though, technically, I'm not from the hood. I'm just a refugee that does not want to talk about crypto all the time.
>payin 20€ per trade 4lyfe!

So how was everyone's night? Sleep well? How did after hours treat you? What menes are you riding on?

I'm up .61% Riding OHRP, and NSPR

Anyone is welcome as long as they don’t talk about crypto.

>I'm up .61%

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAA

fucking nocoiner boomers

It is after hours, I'm quite pleased that it was DNR and NBEV that went up however small it nay be

lol seriously kys

I made 20x in crypto, cashed out initial capital , "riding" this bubble for free now.

Notice: if you held XXII for the past year, you'd be up 310%

We going to 12 dollars, baybee

But wouldn't that technically outlaw any talk about blockchain stocks?

>So how was everyone's night? Sleep well?
Slept quite well. Just had a little episode in the middle of the night where I though I heard my alarm clock and prepared to get up.

>What menes are you riding on?
Still riding Lithium (though that dropped quite harshly) and dude, WEED (recovering slowly). Looking to get into cobalt.
Apparently, as a huge (lol…) Orocobre Investor, I now have purchase rights for their capital increase for the low, low price of 6.5 AUD per stock. WTF do I do with that? The share is below that, thus those fuckers are only worth 0.45 AUD right now. Just ignore that? I can only sell them in Sidney, so the transfer fees would eat me alive.

i'm meaning to research NSPR to see why I bought it.
please leave. most /rgt/ posters are also in crypto, we don't feel the need to talk about it here. only poorfaggots have all their assets in it.

Good for you dude, thanks for the bump I guess? If you wanna fund my crypto adventure go right ahead, otherwise kindly caress off

Hate waking up in the middle of the night thinking it's time to get up, sucks. And yea I've heard a lot about Cobalt lately, might have to give it some research.

I got NSPR at .15 so I'm debating on selling or riding it out myself.

I had a great nights sleep. I've got like 25% of my memefolio in cash right now. This is my first furlough since I started actively trading so I'm going to just going to run a scan after open and maybe trade something, but I want to get a feel for how the market reacts in these situations.

Nice, what was your biggest meme?

>But wouldn't that technically outlaw any talk about blockchain stocks?

I think that’s ok. Just no shilling coins directly.

NNA under $1.00 after hours. Lowest it's been in forever.
Buying more of it this morning and holding for Feb.

Kinda fucking scary but exciting at the same time.

Agreed, that's fine

ARCI better go up today or I'm gonna scream. I bought a ton at 1.04 like a moron. UQM has been very good to me though

I got in at 1.02, PLEASE

I've got a lot tied up in NAK and AMRS. However this shut down is probably going to lower the dollars value. I don't know what if any impact will be made on our equities with the shutdown, but I'm expecting a bump in gold because of the falling dollar against other currencies.

Most of mine are in RIG and DNR, I think oil/natural gas will be fine I hope

I sold nearly everything yesterday for decent profit. What should I buy in today and why?

Quick prayer for Texas user, hope shit didn't get worse from the weather you're having.

>tfw bought ge before new year

No choice but to hold now.

SPI and ARCI to the moon!

Oh no... I bought in at 18.40 and sold at 18.90 when it started diving

Fug. Thanks bro. I got my pipe fixed last night after wagecucking all day. There’s still some ice on the ground and frozen fountains but it didn’t get below freezing last night so it’s all good. Supposed to be in the 50s today and the 70s tomorrow. I can’t wait. Think I’m gonna sit outside in the sun all day.

Only 1 stock for today.
I'm scared. I'm scared.

Are they just FUDing it so the whales can buy in? I know things don't look great atm but it seems like they are just making necessary corrections.

Glad to hear it dude, frozen pipes and breaks are a bitch

No they do have some serious problems and a breakup is being considered. They're being hit hard but I think giving them some time and they might pull out of it. You're in for a long hold though friend.

Almost every city here is on a boil water notice cause they’ve had so many breaks in the mains. Plumbers are making bank right now. All of this just 6 months after we had massive flooding and record highs in November. Shits crazy.

Can't be worse than being one of them Marijuana addicts with empty pipes.

Bought 5 shares each of BLOK and BLCN. Sure, there's the muh blockchain meme, but they also seem like a decent way to get some exposure to companies like Visa or IBM that would normally be out of my price range.

We break mains here at least three times a year and it sucks. We try to keep a decent stash of water in the pantry just in case we have extended outages but it being rare in your area it ain't a big thing to consider.

True, I hear it takes 300 rounds to put one of them weed fiends down :^)

Don't you leave your cold water on a trickle so it doesn't crack your pipes?

It's not really our pipes it's the main feed from the street. It gets cold and then warm so fast here the ground heaves and cracks them. New roads usually only last a year before something's fucked on em.

FUCK YEAH KEM
i love panic sellers

have those evil republicans turned the government off yet

So when should I sell my ayymd?

Luckily we keep water and food for the hurricanes and just normal summertime thunderstorms. 99% of people here only use tap water for bathing, cooking, and toilets. If we drink water it’s bottled. Even the poorfags can get a case of cheap stuff for $4.

NNA looks like it is worth a cheeky buy

Why not drink tap water that's been filtered by your fridge or something? Drinking only bottled water seems wasteful with the amount of plastic bottles that end up in the landfills. I just keep 5-10 1 gallon jugs of drinking water in a closet for emergencies. I go camping regularly and take a couple of jugs each time so I rotate through my stock of emergency water that way.

>The first Ryzen Mobile APUs were officially
>released in October 2017. In January 2018,
>AMD also announced two desktop processors
>with an integrated Vega GPU under the Raven
>Ridge codename, to be released in February.
maybe see if they meet that expected release date.

Cause most people here are too retarded to install a water filter.

Fluoride don't get filtered out, nigga.

They come built into the refrigerators nowadays though, unless you mean that they're too retarded to buy replacement filters and change them out in which case I'd agree with you because most people I know never change the filter out on their fridge either.

I'm not worried about flouride.

ARCI going up! Get in while you can!

Pretty boring open for my stocks today. Not sure if i'll see anything other than flat trading.

i think the money is currently active in the commodities like gold and crude, stocks aren't as active because of this

This and DRYS will fund my retirement.
(Pic of smol brain Wojack)

The market is flat because everybody is in shock and awe that Paul Ryan passed his bowl of doggy go with a cherry on top to the senate, and we're waiting to see if they're going to eat it or not. The whole situation makes America look stupid, so confidence in the dollar is down.

oh yeah true, it's prolly that government shutdown stuffs

Shit is is about to hit the fan, isn't it?

americans need to stop selling their dollars, fucking hell

whats the deal w/ ARGS?

where do most people trade commodities and futures?
is it work looking at?

Buy UVXY

You trade them through a broker. There's a short quiz you have to take, but you can just trade the leveraged ETFs on RH that follow the specific commodities.

How do you mean?

jigsaw or ninjatrader are platforms many people use

I use the Ninjatrader platform with Phillip Capital as my clearing broker for futures.

$mu

Loyal3 fag here that wanted to get back into stocks but found out it's now a different website with a monthly fee.

How does Robinhood compare? Is there a minimum purchase? (Loyal3 was $10) Can I buy partial stocks? Are there hidden costs?

I'm still holding strong, this will probably be a long term play for me.

BUmp

Lol one of my stocks is getting setting up to allow crypto payments. Nice. Pls pump to the fucking moon.

Future Farm Technologies signs definitive agreement to aquire blockchain cryptocurrency application for cannabis payment platform
weednewswire.com/2018/01/19/future-farm-signs-definitive-agreement-acquire-blockchain-cryptocurrency-application-cannabis-payment-platform/

What does /rgt/ think about Intel right now? Will the Meltdown and Spectre bugs hurt them once their next quarterly report & guidance comes out? What about the class action lawsuits that are being filed against them for not releasing information that their products had inherent security flaws that they were aware of? Their CEO is also being investigated for selling off a boatload of shares after he was made aware of those security flaws in their products while other shareholders were left in the dark.

I've got an open sort position against INTC that's basically flat at this point but I'm on the fence about whether or not I should hold that position or just cover it and watch from the sidelines...

Currently trading at 1.38 (delayed, i don't have real time on CSE stocks). Resistance level 1 is 1.41. If it breaks that it could go 1.70+ today or Monday.

Where are you getting $1.38 from?

Website seems pretty useless for info other than "Use me, Im free!"

They reverse split

I don't use Robinhood but as far as I know, there's no minimum purchase or hidden costs. You can't short sell or trade partial shares, options, futures, warrants, or other derivatives. Charts and data aren't great and their trade execution times aren't the quickest. It's good for buying / selling with no transaction or commission fees though, so it's best to use it with stocks that you're planning on buying an holding for a bit hoping for a decent price increase, not for scalping pennies on volatile price movements.

oh and to answer you're question about whether it's worth looking at: honestly just can't answer that, if you're comfortable with stocks/forex/spread-betting/options/CFDs, then just do whatever is easiest access for you

*your

when will AEE come back reeeee
also does anyone mess with NAIL? (what will you being doing with it today/this weekend)

Is there something wrong with MU that I don't know about?

the market rarely moves in straight lines. bullish pennant forming, likely to see a bullish breakout to $60 within 2-4 weeks

They were partnered with Intel on developing new memory tech but announced a split with them a week or two ago. A lot of (((analysts))) have put out hit pieces on MU since then saying how bad it is for the company that they split up with Intel and that the "memory boom" is going to crash in 2018 and cause MU to have reduced revenue growth. Seems like the stock is being purposely held down to me right now.

I'm buying ALRM today to hold over the weekend.

Canadian monopoloy monies.

its not on robinhood?

Lunchtime checkup!

What are ya eating? How are ya doing?

I'm having a pastrami ghost pepper cheese sandwich on a hefewizen beer bun with fries and I'm up 2%!

Sorry, no Zapplesauce today :(

leftover rice and chicken with muchroom sauce, i was up 100 now only 30, im hoping for a bounce back

No, it's a Canadian stock. Doesn't look like the news had much effect as it's only up about 4.5% this morning.

Should I buy back into SQ? I sold at $45 and they're back to 42.

Tyvm

damn that looks good. Its breakfast by me, was thinking of getting a breakfast burrito

Yum. I have a peanut butter sammich.

>its not on robinhood?
Damn. Poor Hoodrats.
I can even get FFT here in Germany on tradegate. Curious how that'll play out. almost got my losses back (fomoed into some small weed stocks).

Im eating shrimp lo-mien because I ended up doing something else yesterday.

Sounds nice, praying for your gains

I like a good breakfast burrito, I make my own and freeze them for quick meals otherwise I go to Taco John's

Lo Mein is always solid

Healthier than mine, not bad

>I make my own and freeze them for quick meals

I think you just changed my life. I make them with eggs, hot sausage, onions, peppers, jack cheese and fresh jalapenos. What do you do, just wrap them up in the tortilla and freeze the whole thing then microwave it? I could eat that everyday, but i never have time in the morning to cook during the week.

Yea, just make up the burrito and wrap them in a paper towel then aluminum foil. Take the foil off and nuke it in the paper towel and it's good. Just use a quality paper towel that doesn't get messy. If eating the same week I just put them in gladware containers individually and leave them in the fridge. Good to grab and go.

Ate some chickpea soup. Down but not by much so I'm not worried about it.

Also, I cook the sausage and put taco seasoning on it and lightly brown the tortilla so it holds together better and holds less moisture.