SEC about to regulate cryptocurrencies

sec.gov/news/public-statement/joint-statement-sec-and-cftc-enforcement-directors

"When market participants engage in fraud under the guise of offering digital instruments – whether characterized as virtual currencies, coins, tokens, or the like – the SEC and the CFTC will look beyond form, examine the substance of the activity and prosecute violations of the federal securities and commodities laws. The Divisions of Enforcement for the SEC and CFTC will continue to address violations and bring actions to stop and prevent fraud in the offer and sale of digital instruments."

They're about to go after blatant frauds in the crypto market.

Other urls found in this thread:

thecryptowiki.org/Live_Chart
express.co.uk/finance/city/907121/bitcoin-Cryptocurrency-price-risk-bans-Emmanuel-Macron-Angela-Merkel-France-Germany
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Also, visit thecryptowiki.org/Live_Chart for a better version of CMC(no ads, auto-refreshing charts, is a wiki so you can add any info about any coin you like)

This would increase value of real crypto, yes?

express.co.uk/finance/city/907121/bitcoin-Cryptocurrency-price-risk-bans-Emmanuel-Macron-Angela-Merkel-France-Germany

Yep, shit is going down.

Holy fuck it seems much more serious this than before. I think regulations are coming very soon.

Expecting serious price drops.

lol serious price drops because the SEC is going to crack down on scam ICOs and fraudsters in crypto? yea ok

this is meaningless unless you invest in nothing shitcoins and/or try to scam people yourself

>tfw we'll have decentralized exchanges from hardware wallets soon
Get fucked USA, get fucked EU

Hey hey hey the sec is coming tjis way way way

Bic connecccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

China, last August did the exact same. Banned scam ICOs and pushed out more regulations. Look at where we are now. Did it ultimately provoke cryptotraders to sell, and never to return again? Of course not.

Looks like it's up to Asia to save crypto from the burgers, krauts n' frogs. Can't Western civilization do anything more than worship niggers and bow to the Jew these days?

>being this retarded

It will drop either way, what do you not understand about DECENTRALIZED? Regulations are the anti thesis of this.

Government is going to regulate. Big banks are going to open their own exchanges. Only the big boys like BTC and ETH, along with altcoins that have actual utility (LINK, BAT, XLM, SLR, XRP are some of my guesses) will actually be listed on these exchanges, which will become the main way to trade crypto. PnD shitcoins will be dead in the water. This is just my theory.

What do you think, Veeky Forums?

"Western civilization" died with WW1

I-is it time to sell...?

this

>Living in an era with the highest quality of life
People like you don't know how good you have it.

>he unironically ended crypto

Memes are real. BIIIICONNNEEEEEEEK

>not the battle of waterloo

>LINK
Surely you mean the shadowfork, right?

Solid site, thanks.

>not the battle of Poltava

I think private coins are the future.

What did you expect? The Regulators are in the business of regulating.They smell fresh meat. All it takes is for them to serve notice to all the major exchanges and financial institutions, that wire money to the exchanges.

If not soon, it will be when the Tether ponzi scheme blows up

"One of the keys to sovereignty is control of currency and tax.

"Cryptocurrency interferes with both of those, so it’s inevitable there will be regulation. It is as inevitable as snow in Davos.""

Tether is the biggest scam going. Take them out and we're back to $100.

You are the ultimate cuck

Death of crypto?

you don't need tether to buy bitcoin. You use fiat for that. Tether is used to buy alts... and most alts are scams

They'll probably try this and fail. Main issue is volume will be shit on the decentralized exchanges because normalfags are pussies.

you know the people who own tether own bitfenix right?

I've never used bitfenix,only coinbase...I only hold BTC,ETH, and LTC and they can all be purchased on coinbase. I don't really care if bitfenix collapses. If anything, it will hurt the altcoins