HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

GUY HOLDS $1 MILLION ON ONE SINGLE EXCHANGE AND GETS EXIT SCAMMED

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/bitfinex/comments/7r8z3w/bitfinex_froze_my_account_with_over_1_million/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ln5abKYrJs4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tl;dr. Summarize it

i dont feel bad for redditors

bitfinex said the dude stole coins from someone by selling them directly or something, not a regular just sell them on bitfinex type thing.

they're trying to work it out.

it's not that interesting.

He bought a high amount of crypto under market value moved it on bitfinex and sold it. Triggered a red flag and his account went over 1 mil so they froze his account.

link

reddit.com/r/bitfinex/comments/7r8z3w/bitfinex_froze_my_account_with_over_1_million/

> Idiot buys from shady person under market price, most likely for laundering
> Idiot doesn't suspect a thing or he does and tries to deposit to bitfiniex anyway
> Idiot quits his job because he thinks he is a crypto millionaire
> Idiot gets surprised when his account gets flagged

Got what he deserved. Don't buy stolen coins

>moving all cryptos to USDT.

Wait, so he traded large amounts of crypto money to Tether, and Bitfinex flagged and froze his account because of that? Wew lad

>cashing out into fiat

He got what he deserved.

Tether was not the problem, the problem is the fag can't prove the source of the coins he deposited, which from the story seem to come from a shady source that was willing to get rid of them for cheap, which usually signals either stolen coins or laundering.

>USDT
Oh no no no no

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Ladies and gentlemen: The wonders of free, non-regulated, anonymous, magic money. Who doesn't hate it when you're arrested and thrown in jail for having a bank note that was used by a criminal 10 years ago? I've hated the 6 times it has happened to me.

Reading these guys idiotic mistakes makes me nervous. Christ. Is diversifying risk unheard of? Or not quitting your job before you hold the wads of cash in your fucking hands. I hope this guy makes it but I also hope he will learn his lesson from this.

> Post from a new account.
Obvious bullshit, kill yourselves.

>quitting your job BEFORE cashing out on your monopoly money

Kek

>Have 100 BTC
>buy 0.001BTC for good price
>WHOOPS looks like that 0.001BTC has been used in a darknet transaction at some point since the beginning of BTC, we're going to have to confiscate ALL of your BTC, sorry!

Cryptofags are in for a rude awakening...

He BOUGHT the coins in a shady deal, not a third part kind of thing. Either he's the most naive person on earth or he absolutely knew the coins were tainted and tried to get away with it anyway.

... crypto niggers at their finest

- 1 MIO $ is too much lol ...
- buying crypto from shady sources ... yeah because you can tell whether its shady or not

not everyone uses leddit actively or for that matter at all you sperg

>1million in one exchange
>1milliion in fake dollars

He deserved it.

>been thrown in jail 6 times over crypto transactions
wat

It's like water. Every molecule you drink was at some point in a dinosaur's precum.

With Bitcoin, every satoshi has been used to purchase something illegal.

So the exchange gets to keep it? So they're the plaintiff AND the judge?

Sounds fair. Can't wait until they start doing this to everyone. (including you)

This wojack is reddit-tier cancer

Glad I pulled all my funds from Bitfinex a few months back. This is top tier jewery

>not cashing out life changing money
>not realising it's not money until you cashed out
>leaving your job before cashing out

it was retarded regardless

it's from the thread with the failed crypto artist you quest this is home grown memes fucking lurk more

this, what the fuck gives bitfinex the right to just take his money like that

Don't be a retard. They'll probably report it to whatever local authority and the government will seize them if they are proven to be stolen (and eventually auction them) or if they were stolen from another bitfinex account as it seems they were, they might return them to the original owner.

>blaming the victim
yep, we dont need any regulations here. just let people get scammed for millions. no problem with that whatsoever. its their problem for trusting someone. say, why isnt bitcoin being adopted?

Iam interestet, i see a lot of pics with high stacks in there Wallet but no Storys about the change to real Money. Iam on anycoin (eu fag) and there i can only exit with coins from a 500-1000€ without the contact with the support. Where and how long does it take to Exit with stacks above 500k or have ?!

>its a new paradigm :DDDDD

decentralize your ass faggots

>$1 million on exchange instead of a hardware wallet where possible

fun read but I'd say bullshit desu

>USDT
kek

>every satoshi
cmon, like 40% of all bitcoins have never been moved

youtube.com/watch?v=Ln5abKYrJs4

Reminder that this is what will happen to everyone if there's a run on BTC. Tether doesn't have your money and they're under no legal obligation to give you anything.

That's why they keep printing to keep the price up. If too many people try to withdraw it'll crash the market overnight as soon as they realise the cupboard is bare.

>all these retards who think tether had anything to do with anything in this post

Veeky Forums is truly illiterate

Have you read the T&Cs?

They owe you nothing. It's a good-will currency.

And probably never will and it's likely they are forever locked by lost private keys... So those bitcoins might just as well not exist.

i'm going to start using this wojak ironically because of how bad it is

This. Guy is fine

nah bitfinex wants to keep them and will do anything they can to fuck the guy over

Poor guy. There is so much risk in this wild wild west. That is more stress than I can bare; hopes all gets resolved .

he can't prove the money's origin meaning hell will freeze over before bitfinex hands over his $1 million.

>having everything in a single location
>having everything in a single location in a cryptocurrency exchange

irrespective of scale, but fucking come on 100% of 1 million?!?!?

This. He needs to sue them to see any sort of progress.

I'm not sure what the fuck anyone can do to prove the coins were stolen but good luck trying to go up against an exchange.

> Victim
> He 99.9% knew he was buying stolen/drug coins

Really makes you think about the kind of people that hang out on Veeky Forums

something stinks here anyway
if he's from Eastern Europe there's plenty to suspect

People need to realize that Bitfinex WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!! Get the fuck off that exchange, its run by thieves and criminals.

> inb4 Tether and core cucks shills start white knighting for Bitfinex

PLEASE

pink soyjack

>bitfinex will exit scam any minute now
>says increasingly nervous man for 500th time since 2015

> he thinks they need to do an exit scam to steal peoples money
> he doesn't know they've been "hacked" multiple times and will flash crash markets to liquidate margin traders

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

>stealing peoples stolen money
>hacked and refunded 100% of all deposits
>thinking bitfinex the exchange actually controls whales who want to stop hunt

T H E S T A T E
H
E