Futuristic Business Discussion - Old/biz/ Only

Invited:
>coiners who don't need to think about crypto all day because we have 100% faith in its future
>people working on interesting projects (ff to discuss your work)
>sentient A.I.s
>life-enhancement tips and techniques for people who are not trapped in the present

Prohibited:
>worrying newcoiners
>non-believers
>government and corporate shills
>r*dd*t*rs

When are we going to have self-driving cars? Will you trust them? How soon before I can forget about my g*v't-issued ID and rely exclusively on an encrypted ID verification system? Which countries are going to become the go-to destinations for crypto-elites? Will there be a crypto-holocaust?

Discuss anything about the future here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Will there be a crypto-holocaust?
Hopefully

Decentralised tech will be a huge market in the future. Unlike most of Veeky Forums I'm preparing to not just trade and invest into crypto but develop my own projects which utilise blockchain tech in some capacity.

I tried three times to make a thread talking about blockchain use in indie games, but nobody ever replied. Not even once lol. Made me think less of Veeky Forums as a whole. No real creativity or ambition, just chasing shitcoin pumps and shilling.

I totally agree with you. I suspect a lot of people who don't quite "get it" might have missed watching the internet evolve as we have. This is all a lot more familiar than they know.

There are probably a good amount of Veeky Forumsposters who are working on interesting things, but keep in mind a lot of them probably don't take much time away from their projects to go participating in a thread outside of their niche.

>dracos

Where daddy?

I'm the supercoin CHAD. I made 392% on any coin I bought.
99% of the coins are worthless in real life.
When BTC is endmined, the Coiners will simply create a hard fork/BTCX with 100.000.000 coins and 1 million years to mine on at least 1000 nuclear power plants. Everything else will be not accepted.
Coins are the tulips of the 21th century and everybody having one after 2020 will be called "SUSI".

Crypto and self-driving cars are mutually exclusive by nature of philosophy and simplicity.
For the ID, I wouldn't hold my breath, the government is paranoid about that.

Security, please take this man away.

>Crypto and self-driving cars are mutually exclusive by nature of philosophy and simplicity.

I disagree with you here. I see no reason that the two can't coexist in the same world. Unless you really mean that it would be morally hypocritical for me to be into both of those things?

Don't you want self-owning cars to offer you rides for cryptos in the future?

Lurking behind every fucking corner. Stay safe.

This is about making money. I make more money flipping shitcoins than you working all day on a game.

If you enjoy developing games, thats cool tho. Its a shitty business, but a nice hobby.

you're gonna make it

I was thinking of uses of blockchain in games too, its a huge untapped industry atm

I was thinking about how a streaming site could become a competitor to twitch as well utilizing blockchain

>need at least 1 token to use site to prevent view botting
>a percentage of mining profit goes to streamers
>streamers get a certain percentage based on the amount of viewers
>users can subscribe and tip using streaming token

as far as I could tell a streaming site utilizing a system like this should crush twitchtv by saving a shit ton in forming contracts with streamers/advertising/ not having to use a medium like credit cards or visa

If I was in any position to begin working on a project like that I would but it's just not possible right now, only a second year comp sci student and streaming sites are pretty much dominated by giants right now

No, but heightened freedom does not come in the form of letting a program drive your car.
A car stripped of everything but the essentials is much more functional and practical for an average person to use.

Bitcoin refocuses attention on individuals, it being decentralized. So having your car repair, maintenance and driving be entirely dependent on someone else goes against the general philosophy. It's why I generally avoid "integration" alts.
The way I see it best case scenario we're all powering our cars with colza oil in 50 years. Full disclosure I'm more than skeptical about Elon's ambitious projects.

The technology behind self driving cars is great, and in a world without "them" I'd be all for it.

Here's the reality, you're going to be priced out of driving by insurance rates. Driving it yourself is going to cost more insurance. Meanwhile once a car can drive itself you're not going to leave it sitting in the drive way when i can be out and about making you money. This is where Uber will step in to rent out your car. Sounds great right? Well the maintenance for Uber drivers is already higher then the money they're making so not so much a good idea in the long run. But for uber they can afford bulk discounts on car purchase and repair, fleet vehicles. So while it is not longer financially practical for you to rent your own vehicle out, it makes so much sense to rent an Uber. Basically fewer and fewer people will own cars until Uber has the monopoly they crave on transportation.

Ok so what's my point. Well you're no longer able to afford to drive a car due to insurance, and owning a car is financially impractical. And the government can program the self driving car to avoid entire areas of the country you'll never be allowed to see again unless you walk there or take a horse. People will be further boxed into the cities with fewer chances to escape. And then, everytime the government wants to kill off someone they don't like, they just crash your self driving car into a human driver, alter the records in the car, and blame the human driver (protip: this is something they already can do and it happens sometimes ie micheal hastings)

so nobody will own their own cars and we wont be able to afford to drive ourselves due to insurance. so we'll be stuck using uber cars that will be programmed to avoid most of the country, keeping people out of half of america. and the cars will sometimes kill people the government doesn't like although this already happens now

Ah, I see what you mean. You view self-driving cars as contrary to the ethics of bitcoin (and vice versa).

I disagree.

Perhaps the very "ideals" are distinct from each other, like you describe, but surely I would have maximum freedom in a world where I can choose between a traditional car and a self-driving one. I wouldn't feel very "free" if I only had BTC and no way to use fiat cash. The world would have many more closed doors than open ones. It is only by having both that I am truly as free as I can be, given the situation as it exists right now.

>Lurking behind every fucking corner. Stay safe.

I hope this happens, because then we can have rad as fuck biker gangs driving scrapped antique motorcycles.
It's just like my cyberpunk animes.

insurance dude. you know how much its going to cost for a human driven vehicle when cars get better then people at driving? you'll be priced off the roads. even a 50cc moped is going to be expensive to drive. they'll say motorcycles were always too dangerous anyways. its for our safety and the safety of passengers on the road.

My aversion to self-driving cars is because I'm a programmer.
The thing they say about politics and making sausages well it's 10 times worse for ICT, even in a highly controlled environment.
Let's just say that if a DriveOS update came through I'd wait at least a week or two before daring to take the road again.
And the worst part is that no other transport options are being considered..

You think that cyberfuck gives a fuck about insurance? Hell nah brah that's why he's in a damn gang. He will probably have all sorts of cool tinfoil gear around him to avoid (((their signals))) while he speeds way the fuck past you and all of the other self-driving car passengers.

Just can't trust technology these days

I mean look at smartphones, great technology right, who could object? They're great, it's a compute rin your pocket, you can talk to anyone in the world with one. Everyones got a smartphone right, whats the problem.

The problem is that in the real world, technology is a double edged sword also used against us, and you have to take the good with the bad. Smartphones have enabled a total surveillance state as revealed by Snowden. You are all tracked and recorded, your position shown in real time on a map, computer algorithms analyzing your texts and emails and real world movements and trying to determine (sometimes falsely) who is potentially a danger or something, who knows what they're really looking for.

But it's really about making sure everyone knows privacy no longer exists. So we behave as if we awere inside a panopticon prison system. Humans act weird and obedient when they know someone or something is always watching. But it's not psychologically healthy long term not that the establishment cares.

Self driving cars, artifical wombs, genetic engineering, cybernetics, even blockchain, it's all going to come with strings. Gee whiz technofuturists will tell you about how great the tech is, but they're naive to the inevitable INEVITABLE abuse of these technologies by the people in power.

How will hard working pink Wojack artists get $? And why go to contemp art shows when you could go to Veeky Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME

I understand what you're saying. But i don't think criminals on mopeds give a shit about insurance, just look at brazil.

Imagine:
>you're riding along in your self-driving Uber, face glued to your phone playing with your cryptokitties
>suddenly, the car comes to screeching halt, the AI forced to stop by a pedestrian lying in the road
>6 motorbikes spill out of a nearby alley, each with a driver and a passenger wielding a 3D printed gun
>you're surrounded
>the thugs smash open a window, the Uber AI calls the police
>the thugs rob you of your phone and digital wallets and ride off
>the police arrive too late

All you need is a patreon like website that accepts crypto.
It probably already exists.

in the real world you need insurance to drive sweetie. nice fantasy though. cameras will be everywhere and your vehicle will be scanned and they'll know instantly that someone is driving without insurance. And if they can't figure out who it is and find your cashless currency account directly, they'll chase you down slowly knowing full well theres no escape when cameras and even overhead drones can watch your every movement there is nowhere you can go

I miss old/biz/ telling me to invest in kneepads :(

cameras all along the road, if that fails surveillance blimps, drones, and satellites. there's no escape dude. there wont be any escape for anyone. we will all be watched and monitored on the grid at all times. and the moment anyone strays off the grid or goes invisible somehow, that person will be hunted and brought in.

>and find your cashless currency account directly
>and fine
correction

Policing require police, which are always outnumbered by citizens and criminals.
The hunting down and capturing of every person who falls off the grid would require massive effort from the authorities.
It would require a huge autonomous (robot) police force, one that isn't likely to exist for at least a hundred years.

Policing requires police*

no dude it just requires cameras and ai
some drones that fly themselves
and fines directly to your blockchain wallets
if anything there will be fewer police officers needed to police traffic in the future

This. that dude is a faggot /cuck

>fines directly to your wallet
There isn't a single secure wallet that exists where money can be taken out without the owners consent.

these people at the top they've been planning for these technologies for decades. they know full well how they're going to seize more control and power over us. power never gives up power it just seeks more and more and more control until every single aspect of your personal life is under the direct control of the centralized bureaucracy. and even then they wont be satisfied. we will be completely fucking dominated by the smart cars and the smart phones and the smart roads and the smart money and the smart appliances and smart tvs and it's fucking retarded that we remain largely ignorant to these fucking OBVIOUS threats to our freedom and existence

lol dude, it's cashless currency, ultimate power. they have incentive to figure it out. and the idiot dumbfuck masses aren't gonna do shit, they're not even going to acknowledge the threat.

i'm a massive science fiction nerd, it pains me more then you know to fud technology. but let's get real here, the people in power will use this technology against us, just as they've already done with the smartphones. being ignorant about this isn't going to make the problem go away.

the problem isn't the tech
the problem is the people in power

why did the thread die, did i rain too hard on the parade?

>Will there be a crypto-holocaust?

Yes - 95% of all coins will be purged at some point

>Ok so what's my point. Well you're no longer able to afford to drive a car due to insurance, and owning a car is financially impractical. And the government can program the self driving car to avoid entire areas of the country you'll never be allowed to see again unless you walk there or take a horse. People will be further boxed into the cities with fewer chances to escape. And then, everytime the government wants to kill off someone they don't like, they just crash your self driving car into a human driver, alter the records in the car, and blame the human driver (protip: this is something they already can do and it happens sometimes ie micheal hastings)

10/10 1984 confirmed

Nah
with all that shit about self driving cars and whatnot. What about the people who live in the country or outback in Australia. Manual cars will be needed and would be harder to control with tech

bro.

fuck.

Just annoys me that we will soon lost the experience of owning a car and driving it and owning land and a house when most people will have too rent and that more people aren't having children meaning their family history and genetic line ends with them.

Future is going to suck

manual cars aren't needed. you think self driving cars are a hundred years away? nah dude. its even easier for a self driving car to drive in the middle of nowhere then in a dense city. and they can already do cities. even the most remote communities can get an uber you just have to wait a bit longer is all, but likely they'll be ubers self cruising around the rural areas so you wont have to wait too long.

Nah I know these damn things are only a few years away. But with the rural areas I meant for places like Warburton in WA Australia. Middle of fucking nowhere, I don't think it would be possible to have self driving cars owned by a another company running out there. Or on cattle farms which are even more isolated. There solution to this would be a forced move of the town into the cities and then just abonding the town completely. Idk about the farms but it makes sense, have no people living out in an area where they can't be controlled.

>even the most remote communities can get an uber
uhh. no.

i'm talking abhout the future when they can drive around on their own searching for customers based on computer algorithms designed to predict when and where people are most likely to need a ride. even an uber on its way from one city to another and just passing through might be coming by in an hour ready to make a slight detour and pick you up if need be.

This will bring us closer to enlightenment than ever before. Material possessions are the bane of spiritual ascension. We all know this.

Welcome to the crypto-buddhist paradise you never knew you dreamed of, user. Let go and enjoy the ride.

No, I want to be able to say I own this. I'm not an materialist person but I want to be in control of my stuff I use and in on/in

Fuck off with your enlightenment bullshit

i wonder what this time line entails other then cryptokitties and an egyptian frog gods helping electing trump through the collective weaponized autism of a nazi-larping board

hey dude just popping in to tell you that i am really enjoying your posts. do you have a blog or something that i can follow? seems like you have really cool ideas that i find myself generally agreeing with.

Can't wait for the butlerian jihad.

Learn the difference between having the option to be in possession of stuff while additionally having the option to simply rent if you don't need to own something.

Increasing the availability of rented/shared utilities is a good thing - if you don't want to own something, you no longer have to. More and more industries are becoming this way, and this is a good thing. Having the choice is what matters. This will not take away your damn property, brainlet.

Complete digitization of the world's wealth and a massive transfer of it towards "undeserving people" (NEETs, Chinks, etc.)

dude how sick would it be to become a mentat?

Institutionalized autism seems like a fun job.
INTP here, I'm already half-way there man.