Who here trades on this? I've been day trading a bit on binance and I feel I am ready for the next step...

Who here trades on this? I've been day trading a bit on binance and I feel I am ready for the next step, I've missed out on a lot of oppertunities by not being able to short with leverage (for example, this bitcoin crash was super easy to predict and I could have made a fortune..)

Any tips before I start risking more than I can afford to lose on leveraged shorts?

Also had a few specific questions:

-Prices are different on bitmex than bitfinex or other exchanges, sometimes by quite a bit, how should this affect your trading strategy? Should I be making moves based on TA from bitmex, or from bitfinex?

-Should I basically *always* be using limit orders on this exchange?

-are you charged more, the longer your leveraged position is open?

Thanks goys

Other urls found in this thread:

bitmex.com/register/toYHiE
testnet.bitmex.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pro tip. Dont use margin above 3-5x.

That was my plan, atleast to start.

go 100x margin long whenever you see a green candle

kekd

Ironcally underrated

okay, any other tips?

>atleast to start
You are going to get eaten alive.

BET

MORE

Shhh OP don't let biz know about this.

You can make money wether BTC is going up or down, why bother with any shitcoins?

bitmex.com/register/toYHiE

Why doesn't everybody just x100 all the time? you only need to catch the real dip once to make it, I'm sure that if you've traded for quite a while you managed to do that at least a few times

>this bitcoin crash was super easy to predict and I could have made a fortune..
And you could have lost it all on a bullish pullback right before the huge dip.
This shit is not made for some medium level TA, you have to be a guru to go above 20x leverage.

if you have any firearms or means or quickly ending your life, do your best to make them inaccessible without interacting with another human

this is where i would hae openened a short. I don't think i'd get liquidated even at 20x, but I would have only done 5x or so.

go short x100 leverage on the 26th jan

It was so SIMPLE why did no one try this before? Just go 100x all in and you're instantly rich wtf im going to bitmex right now

No one can answer any of the my actual questions without memeing about 100x leverage. Nigger I've tried it on the test net and got liquidated every time, its a fun game but im not doing it with real money or asking about it

Don't do it. You will lose all your BTC.

Practise here first: testnet.bitmex.com/

The software will always peak against you no matter how good you predict.

Because if it moves one fraction of a percent against you you’ll immediately be margin called and liquidated.

Yeah trading is a breeze when you have a time machine

WARNING:

MEX SELLS YOUR TRADE POSITIONS TO WHALES

THEY ALSO MANIP THE BOOK PRICE TO LIQ YOU

I understand, which is why I was looking to mostly shoot for longer/medium term positions (a few hours, maybe days). Thats why I was wondering if fees add up for keeping positions open longer

this might be true

Look man, I sold all of my bitcoins at that point and bought back at 10k. If i had access to leverage 3x ,i would have tripple thr profits. So it's not saying that I would have shorted it, I did, just not leveraged

this might be big

You’re going to get wrekt that market acts way different my dude. Only do that shit if your other job is actually trading

or have inside info...ez pz

i have traded on bitmex since august. i have made 3 btc trading there and i've withdrawn my initial deposit a long time ago.

here's my advice for anyone who wants to trade on bitmex

1. read the docs and make sure you understand exactly how the contracts work (both futures and swap), profit/loss calculation and how liquidation works. make sure you understand the difference between mark price and index price

3. make some trades on the testnet to confirm your understanding of the contracts and the site in general

4. i prefer trading on Cross. it's very important to not trade too many contracts. i strongly recommend not to trade so many contracts that your are more than 2x leveraged. ideally less than 1x, at least in the beginning

trading with leverage is a lot harder than most newbies think. by far most traders on there lose money. many lose all their money

If they do it, they all do it (Bitfinex, Poloniex and others)

BitMEX BTC price is based on an index of the price of different exchanges, how would that work?

Emotions can get mixed in the trade when you know you can loose all your money, not just having it on hold until the asset moons again.