Serious discussion about Tether

Does anyone else lose sleep over this? This should exit scam any day now, seriously Veeky Forums quit trying to label it as FUD. this is a serious issue.

Fourth day in a row where $ 100 million in Tether has been printed

wsj.com/articles/cftc-alleges-fraud-in-three-virtual-currency-cases-1516338060

There's an undisclosed fraud case coming up to do with Crypto.

they had to stop issuing to U.S. customers on Jan. 1st of this year, and that one of their employees was forced to sign a NDA because of a U.S. government investigation in early december.

Also Tether was probably used to pump up Bitcoin basically creating a fake price for btc and all extreme overvaluation for these alts.

Is it time to short and wait for the fire sale?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7LlCKQjwmFM
tether.to/wallet-service-and-platform-update/
wallet.tether.to/transparency
nytimes.com/2017/11/21/technology/bitcoin-bitfinex-tether.html
twitter.com/tetherprinter
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You are not alone user. This is a real concern. Sadly /biz is more focused on lamboland and moon sun baths.

Yep, more digging I the more shady shit I find.

youtube.com/watch?v=7LlCKQjwmFM

but where do we flee to?

The only safe place is to ---> fiat

but taxes...

What's that video supposed to show? What's wash trading?

Wasn't there a legit, audited tether alternative in the works? What happened to it?

>cashing out
Where do you think you are?

i'm like 90% sure the third cftc case is bitfinex. don't forget they got rid of those warrant canaries too.

A wash trade (not to be confused with a wash sale) is a form of market manipulation in which an investor simultaneously sells and buys the same financial instruments to create misleading, artificial activity in the marketplace.

You will notice that a significant amount of the trades are exactly the same.

5.53 Tethers, and then occasionally a trade of 16.56. These are exact multiples of 3.

Perfectly realistic FUD, BTC is gonna crash soon. There's no doubt, everyone knows Tether can't keep this up.

Just go to fiat for at least a month and then buy back the BTC from normies. I thought this was common sense for most people already.

I'm surprised they've lasted this long, but it seems like the word is getting out more every day. With the price falling, I think this will all end very soon

you have to pay taxes on your trade to tether anyway. there's literally no benefit to tether over fiat aside from using it to trade on shady exchanges that don't have fiat. using it as a "safe harbor" is possibly the stupidest shit you could ever do.

everything is 100% going to crash. It's just how long will recovery take

Yeah I wanna be able to cash out to catch the sale, I'm strongly considering cashing out right now.

this happens on GDAX too for like ETH/USD and everything else. every exchange allows this, the price discovery in crypto is all bullshit.

Tether has a mcap of $1.630.145.600. This is exactly the money that they have in BTC. The only thing they have to do is to cash out the BTC and the whole thing crashes. After that, we can finally have a natural growth.

A great new group is having a pump on Binance at 7 EST. Here's a link, cheers!

discord gg/jyMUnmq

How did this scam manage to get accepted in nearly every exchange? Once this blows up no crypto will be safe due to it's prevalence.

Same reason people bought into BitConnect, people forget everything when they see money.

QASH and Jibrel Networks J cash want to bring liquidity, I really hope the feds let Tether pump the market until QASH and Jcash can be implemented on the major exchanges adopt it and dump tether. We might see a huge correction as the market shakes off tether support but there won't be a mt gox type crash.

Market capitalization of Tether is not important. The volume is.

Are you faggots getting paid to do this?
We've had this autistic fud for months, just because an autistic bcashie on twitter was mad that he sold BTC early

The grown ups are talking, boy.

I hope you keep your money in crypto, just to see you react like all those people that fell for BCC.

Paid to do what? There is no benefit to anyone here to have tether crash unless you have millions of dollars to cash in on wreckage. The recovery after such a thing is going to take forever and set crypto back for months.

I am like everyone else here is just wondering how this shit got to this stage. It's the exact type of bubble everyone talks about yet people keep buying tether

If you guys could stop talking about this shit until I get delivery of my $5k in coins from Coinbase on Thursday, that would be super.

Not that it changes much, but there is that one theoretical possibility, that outside parties are really actually moving in daily with real dollars in packages of 100MM. And the reason for no audits etc would then be that this money is kinda dirty, unwashed...

Prices are overinflated and it may or may not be due to tether. Vitalik said eth was way overpriced at $400. It won’t be the end of crypto, not at all. But prices may become exponentially lower when the dust settles. But who knows when that would happen. If you know you will Be Rich.

Use your fucking brain, do some fucking digging atleast. Why did Bitfinex even deny involvement in tether in the first place? Can some run a test on a correlation model to see if BTC pumps coincide with tether printing.

As if Veeky Forums can make a difference. Don't worry about anything when talking here desu. We're all bro's except the pajeets.

I was considering shorting Tether, since the losses are limited and the possible ROI exponential. However, if Tether truly does collapse, then I fret that even the exchanges will not be able to pay my bet back...

Tether fud always ramps up at the bottom of a dip/start of a recovery

Since when has any negativity in crypto been dismissed as "FUD" on Veeky Forums? This is some reddit tier bullshit.

Sounds like you got in late and want to keep this whole scam going longer. That's too bad. Come back when you actually have respect for crypto.

Embarrasing post.

>bcc was a scam so tether is a scam too
Tether doesn't increase your money

You can tell how autistic tether fudsters are when thry say thst tether eill crash when bitcoin crashes, aka when there is the biggest demand for it
Not to mention tgat tether isn't printed out of thin air, exchanges request for it.

This time it's different. Tether didn't print out as much as this before.

MUH TETHERS

fuck off with this tether shit conspiracy. if 1 million people invest 100$ they have to print 100 million tether.

They have beem talking about this for at least 5 months bro, fon't worry.

fud is the fake news of crypto. You can dismiss any legit claims of your product by claiming FUD and holders of your coin will breathe a sigh of relief and doubledown.

It's bizarre.

truefax. But I came across bitfinexed for the first time yestday and then spent the rest of the day in the rabbit hole. I came out perma-FUDded. I can't wait to watch the documentary about The Great Tether Debacle of 2018.
goddamned shame.

I literally cash out to fiat every night because I can't sleep knowing exit scam is incoming

MakerDAO's Dai stablecoin, its going to be rolled out bigly Q1/Q2

Also Jcash from Jibrel which i don't like as much but better than tether, that'll be out a bit later

tether.to/wallet-service-and-platform-update/

wallet.tether.to/transparency

Bitconnect gives 10000% yearly ROI on top of a ponzi referral pyramide

Tether alone can be backed by fees alone and yet there wouldn't even be a need, because there will be literally no chance that 100% of tether holders would cash out at the same time.

I srly hate how idiotic and retarded Veeky Forums evolved. The only shady part is that they don't allow any srs audit.

there is a much bigger market cap to keep up.

There was also this other FUD about BitConnect, for months!

biz under coordinated attack from establishment no coiner jackoffs trying to undermine crypto ignore all tether fud threads let them 404

>tether doesn't matter guys!
>let's just ignore that it's #4 in trade volume on CMC

This time its different? Indeed. Because demand for tether has never been this strong before.
Go back to highschool and take econ 101.

OK - something is happening here /biz and I don't like it. Wall street tried to short BTC to 1k USD a few days ago and failed because of Tether. Now every single day there's multiple Tether posts on Veeky Forums and Reddit talking about Tether. Why is that? We already know Tether's a fraud, but we havn't been discussing it until now.

>These Tether posters are Wall Street FUDers
>Wall Street is coming after Tether to 'finish off' their big short
>Expect action related to Tether by the second wave of options (sometime in February).
>Expect main stream media FUD and calling Tether a scam, cease and desist letters to Bitfinex/Tether, etc etc, all paid for by Wall Street

The party is ending because of these fucking Jews, and I don't like it.

moron

>Tether alone can be backed by fees alone and yet there wouldn't even be a need, because there will be literally no chance that 100% of tether holders would cash out at the same time.

That's what banks thought in the 1920s. Crypto is even more volatile than that was.

This is one of the guys mentioned in the WSJ article. He was operating a ponzi scheme.

tethers are printed because a lot of us started to store money in tether.

1 USD = 1 tether ; if you don't have enough tethers, you need to print more because it's a representation of USD.

As money leaves tether, you destroy them to keep the value from going up.

>wallet.tether.to/transparency

read it retards. and most important understand it.

DAI won't survive complete destruction though. Eth collateralised.

>But I came across bitfinexed for the first time yestday
Here some things you should know about him
>he sold his entire stack of btc at $1000
>he begged bitfinex for a refund when btc blew straight past his shitty target
>bitfinex told him to fuck off
>he has been fuding every day since about tether, because there is no possible way that he could have made a bad call
>bitfinex is suing him (the truth of whats really happening will come out of this)
>bitfinexed is literally a fucking jew in real life

Tether shadyness only matters if the exchanges do not have enough reserves. They collect millions in fees. Bitfinexed is a conspiracy-spouting faggot.

Sure it makes sense but why would a Wall Street FUD Veeky Forums

There is a difference between legitimate criticism and nonsensical rambling.
Tether FUD started from bcashies, the single most hateful, autistic and delusional fanbase in crypto. Then some gullible normies got in and the FUD went mainstream. But try arguing with them, they don't have a single point, they just ramble about a crypto doomsday because apparently it's impossible to believe that in a market where there is a daily volume of 30 billion there is no way we have 2 billion tokens actually backed by fiat.
Fucking bitfinex makes 400k in fees everyday and that was back in August.

>The only shady part is that the thing driving the market is that it is an unverifiable print-at-will funnymoney noninstrument backed by nothing redeemable for nothing constructed by known fraudsters for the purposes of giving exchanges a way to legally exit scam every crypto and token on the planet
I see no problem.

Because Tether just printed another 100 million out of thin air yesterday, you dip. That's 4 days in a row now.

Alright so where is this demand of tethers coming from then? It would have to be people direct depositing usd into bitfinex but oh wait.

Fuck off pajeet. No one trusts what Tether's boilerplate website says.

Get your mom to read this to you: nytimes.com/2017/11/21/technology/bitcoin-bitfinex-tether.html

Wrong you newfag retard, nobody cared about bitconnect bevause we all knew it was a scam.

I spent probably four hours on his Twitter yesterday and saw all this. It's quite possible that it started off as salt, but I now firmly believe that his thesis is right, irrespective of how it got there.

they printed 200,000,000 million today.

That's because people are moving their money into tether.
Tether was 1.05 for some time yesterday or before that, don't remember. How can they keep the price down if they don't print more tokens?

Everytime btc goes up we get these tether threads from cashfags

Posts like these make me fairly certain that there's paid pajeets here trying to keep the delusion going as they keep printing pretend money. But honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this mania and denial about the market health was just normal Veeky Forumsralies chasing the pump like a strung out coke addict chasing the next bag.

Why do people keep saying this? Seriously think about what you just said.

Everything of your random post is total bullshit. Read there legals. Every USDT is backed by USD.
Why would you exit scam one of the most profitable crypto? Do you even understand how much money bitfinex is doing alone on fees every day?

1 USDT does not equal 1 dollar, it's impossible to cash them out, and when the scam is exposed and tether becomes worthless the market will fucking plummet

I don't own any Bitcoin Cash, and I want BTC to do another bull run to 17k atleast but this is just too suspicious.

Hey sonny! How's that Tether audit coming along?

People buy thethers with crypto, bitfinex sells the crypto for dollars on coinbase

Don't under estimate greed user, You can collect fees and print fake money and say its backed, even though they refused to let themselves be audited. If on top of your fees you could make 600,000,000$ selling ones and zeros to a guy thinking his 1000 dollar invest ment is going to make him a millionare EOY, why not, its entirely possible and from the looks of it exactly whats going on.

Paid fudder detected.

>i dont understand what supply and demand is
Why do you people keep insisting on posting here? Seriously think about it.

>people panicking to sell their btc, mainly into usdt, demand for usdt rises
>gamblers wanting to go all in on long positions, demand for usdt lending rises
Not even a week ago lending rates on bitfinex were pushing 1%, now they are less than 0.1%

brainlet ponzi kike fuck
kys

How do we know? they refuse to be audited

I went look in the archives and even though everyone said bitconnect was a ponzi scheme as early as 2016 it took all the way until now to finally crash. Tether might last for years until governments get forcibly involved.

bitfinex owns The Tether Corporation you brainlet

he's right you fucking idiot. That's the whole point of the currency. 1 USDT only = 1 USD because the supply is artificially controlled. This is not new.

Lets not forget that bitfienx isnt the only exchange with usdt pairs... Yet all the fudders itt seem to think 100% of the supply is traded on bitfinex and bitfinex alone.

I am getting scared. However I do remember this exact fud 5 months ago or whatever right after China fud and all that

Too Big To Fail

Bitconnect and tether are nothing alike
Although I wouldnt except a retarded tripfaggot to know anything

Not paid, I just want some of these anons to look around them and realize that tether ponzied the entire market. It's propping up BTC and is printing at an exponential rate, its a sign of an unhealthy market when people are trying to lock in profits or stop losses with an imaginary token not even backed by a dollar. Tether bags will be LEAD BAGS once the bubble pops.

good luck to anyone smart enough to exit now.

DAILY REMINDER THAT BINANCE TRADES MORE USDT THAN BITFINEX AND THE CEO OF BINANCE IS BASED AS FUCK WITH A MASSIVE SKULL, INDICATING A SUPERIOR CHINK IQ. HE IS NOT CONCERNED

twitter.com/tetherprinter

Tether doesn't make you money, it's not a ponzi.

That's how it works? So they print tether then do what exactly?
So they print it to meet demand of margin traders. So it's not really backed then, great!

In such circumstances you can only move money to unstable cryptos with growth potential, this being the only safe option... UFR, APPC. NEO, maybe.

OLD NEWS IT"S COORDINATED FUD YOU FUCKING IDIOTS IGNORE

That i don't know, but i think there's a good reason binance and others use tether, they could create someting similar easily if they had doubts about it's reliability

I don't find the trading volumes surprising either, i often trade tethed

Heard the same shit 100 different times last year
Keep trying fudster. The amount of money your boss spends on this shit he could have just bought back into btc... Lmao.

Okay I will literally send you 1000 dollars if you can cash out even 1 USDT. Fucking Prove to me its worth 1 dollar. ITS FUNNY MONEY MADE TO TRICK YOU

Kill yourself, tripnigger.