Skycoin thread

This is the most ambitious crypto project I've ever seen, nothing can compare in that regard.

I'm going to try and educate you plebs about it. The infrastructure is made of 4 main things:

1. SKYCOIN: A coin that is technically superior to any alt there is. Transactions with zero fees that take approximately two seconds, unlimited transaction rate, no need for miners and block rewards, low power usage, ALL of the bitcoin's technical vulnerabilities fixed, a consensus mechanism superior to anything that exists, resistant to all conceivable threats (government censorship, community infighting, cyber/nuclear/conventional warfare, etc).

- Once coinjoin is implemented and the network is running over skywire, it will have a higher level of privacy than any other coin (more anonymous than zcash/monero and without the overhead). Wannabe drug lords should switch from monero/dash to skycoin after the CXO browser and skywire are available, because all of the ecosystem components are integrated with each other. You could have a decentralized silkroad on skywire and pay seamlessly with the same coin you use to pay for your utilities.

- Numerous peer reviewed whitepapers.

- Skycoin is being developed by legit engineering geniuses, for years (predating Bitcoin’s boom).

- Holding Skycoins generates income in the form of Coin Hours (like NEO’s GAS). There will be a marketplace where Coin Hours are traded and Coin Hours will be used for services within the Skycoin ecosystem.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BuY5IbkkbXg
youtube.com/watch?v=yRIGi4XOOps
youtu.be/Dc5TUnaAu0g?t=1218
twitter.com/Skycoinproject/status/954164682109022210
github.com/skycoin
youtube.com/watch?v=uAQzq79h2TE
github.com/skycoin/docs
skycoin.net/blog/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

love those threads desu

2. SKYWIRE: A decentralized ISP where you earn coins for forwarding traffic/bandwidth (like Tor but faster, not backdoored by NSA and you are getting paid to run a node), that will give everyone nearly free internet access and will get a lot of users and actually be useful. Different networking protocol than TCP/IP, designed to be immune from literally all currently known network based attacks.

- Uses public keys instead of IP addresses, with all of the traffic encrypted by default, making man in the middle attacks impossible.
- Nodes forwarding the traffic can only see the previous and next hop, not origin or destination, making it extremely private.
- Latency is superior to TCP/IP because ISPs use hot potato routing, while Skywire doesnt.
- Speed is superior because bandwidth aggregation is possible, making it possible to share the unused bandwidth of your neighbours.
- Immune to ISP control tactics, such as throttling, censorship, outages, etc.
- Designed to be ran on skycoin's own open source hardware infrastructure.
- Works as an overlay over the current internet as of now, but will be completely independant as soon as the network backhaul is in place.
- Incentivized for the first 14 years, you get paid for running a node and transferring packets for the network.

Nobody does and you are nobody

Had to sell a little to pay off cards but I'm gonna hold the rest until 1000$

tl;dr
when moon?

I want skyminer now desu

3. SKYLEDGER: A platform that’s their version of Ethereum’s ERC20, but with Ethereum's technical limitations fixed. Every coin is given their own blockchain and the platform runs on top of the skywire infrastructure. Coins have already started doing ICOs on skyledger (Solarbankers.com, SPACO, etc). About 30 coins lined up so far. There’s a programming language (CX) and it’s not limited to just "smart contracts". Developers of each chain can hardcode whatever they want to do. For example full video games could be embedded on the blockchain, if anyone would want that.

Ethereum is using javascript for front-end. Skycoin is using CX and CX is completely memory sandboxed and uses affordances to box applications and APIs in, so stuff like the parity hack can never happen in skycoin. Skycoin is using affordances and a genode style resource/permission system. So there's an easy way to write security policies - like "the frontend should not be able to access my coins unless something gave it permission to do so". Where as ethereum cannot enforce constraints like this, so they are just duck taping over the problems and hoping they go away.

Skycoin is designed to make these problems impossible through good architecture.

rude

OH BUT YOU CAN'T HAVE IT AHAHHAHAHHA

4. Then there’s the massive ecosystem of stuff being built on top of the previous three things. Like the sky-messenger, the file sharing/dropbox functionality, distributed social media (sort of like Steemit but running on skycoin’s infrastructure and platform), DEX and OTC markets for the whole skyledger family. There’s about 15 development teams working on different projects within skycoin’s ecosystem. And unlike shitty erc20 tokens promising similar things, most of this stuff is already being developed, you can check the github to see the progress.

This is a twice-in-a-lifetime opportunity (The first opportunity was with Bitcoin's price rise). You need to hold these coins for a year or two, and not be greedy with day-trading. That is the most ultimate lesson I can ever teach you.

Basically if you choose ignore all of this, you're retarded.

hmmmm what did just came in the mail here?

Why is the trading volume so low?

I love SkyCoin.. I went 100% Sky, now everyday I fly...

But seriously. This is the only cryptoproject that I personally believe in and want to support. All other projects are just cash grabs.

Its gonna get listed on more exchanges, SkyCoin usually has a low volume because the community are all longterm holders and the only trading being done is by bots...

SkyCoin was looking before to get more volume going on the coin. But hiring a daytrader for 1MM wasn't worth it (he'd create volume)

Because literally everyone's just holding it. There's only like 300k skycoins on cryptopia out of 7m distributed lel

So, basically, the whales are not accumulating because they can't make anyone sell?
Can this be ... the chosen one?

Yeah, basically. Devs turn on OTC once in a while but that always gets sold out instantly.

so real talk if I put $1000 in will I be a millionaire in 3 years?

This but unironically. The early adopters are going to be stupidly rich.

Probably. It's one of the few coins backed by a real life commodity - a decentralized internet, in every aspect better than what we got now. Even if the altcoin bubble pops, sky will still have it's intrinsic value.

more like 3 months

Comfiest bags, dev is literally /ourguy/

I know you hate raiblocks, but what does it have that skycoin doesn't?

make sure you hold in cold storage and not on exchanges to keep your coin hours desu

Shills are being paid to come here Veeky Forums, do your own research. Read the consensus paper.

Skycoin is a blockchain/dag hybrid while raiblocks is block-lattice structure. Raiblocks transactions are instant, but they aren't really safe from blockchain spam. Maybe they'll fix it someday, who knows. Still a different niche though.

Sometimes you see massive sell walls put up but SKY is pretty stable

SOme do, but I don't get paid, I just think people should know.

Also whats the problem with that? SkyCoin wants to advertise this marvelous project. They aren't just shilling on Veeky Forums you know? They are doing real world advertising campagnes...

fuck off pajeet

Anyone seen these interviews on youtube?
youtube.com/watch?v=BuY5IbkkbXg
youtube.com/watch?v=yRIGi4XOOps
youtu.be/Dc5TUnaAu0g?t=1218

the dev is a literal madman lmao

Help anons I'm not as comfy with my raiblocks as usual

What do I do?

anons pls

Where's the team? Why there aren't videos of the Skyminers?

I think it is a great project with a great idea but I don't feel reassured with their "darknet" ways and I find it hard that they get to the big exchanges.

Not trying to FUD, just trying to decide if I go all in or just a tiny part of my portfolio.

Because nobody sells it. Them coinhours are too precious

Raiblocks is a decent coin. I'd be more worried if I were holding myst, sub, shift or any other erc20 token promising decentralized internet while having no product to show for. Those are going to get fucking rekt.

A madman that knows his shit

This is absolutely a scam. Do your own research as a previous poster said.

Sell some and buy Skycoin. It's also instant and free.

A scam that actually has a working product and ICOs on their blockchain? A scam that's been in development since 2013 and has hundreds of blog updates on the project? Are you retarded or spreading FUD to accumulate it for cheap?

twitter.com/Skycoinproject/status/954164682109022210

I get the strong feeling the current market mania will completely pass this one by. The sentiment is more like "BUY THIS HORSE TOKEN PAJEET PROGRAMMED IN 2 HOURS ON AN IPHONE POWERED BY A POTATO AND BE AL LITERAL MILLIONAIRE WITHIN WEEKS WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR" whereas this one is a bit more like "...and THIS is where we keep the EMP recovery algorithm". You know?

The team is user, skywire is going to completely overtake massive conglomerates like time warner and comcast, so showing your face in public would be pretty dumb, just asking to get suicided. Don't think anyone's got the skyminers yet, they're supposed to start shipping this week. This guy is just trolling

Scam.. It has a old github page that's active, has been around for a while with no marketing. Sounds like a pretty good scam then?

Point it that that doesn't matter. We know we're in a bubble, SkyCoin won't be affected as much by it. So either people flock into SkyCoin as store of value, or SkyCoin will have its time after the bubble has popped..

Either way, you're good with this. You might need a lot of patience if you want quick money.

to be fair if you chase the shitcoin gains in the short term you can buy more of the good long term holds before they eventually moon

>before they
Yeah that's my strat I guess. So I'm a dedicated skycoin fudder the next year. Got it. Thanks!

or you end up with useless shitcoin bags you have to sell at loss later on

Either of you two know why Namecoin never took off?
It's similar. Uses the .bit domain, decentralized internet kind of thing. There's actually a chan on there as well.

is this soundcloud?

I think NMC moved because some bored whales from the middle east were playing with it? It got rather stagnant after the feds almost goxed btc-e

Even promising alts will bleed sats when the bubble bursts as the despair takes hold.

I will try to do the same, but I am starting to consider putting the profits in fiat rather than long term holds until this runs its course.

Yeah. It wasn't easy enough to use, you couldn't access .bit domains without installing additional software. Also the russian guy that was the main developer dropped dead at a young age for no reason.

Skywire customers on the other hand, won't need to install or learn anything to use skywire. People will be able to connect to the wifi network spanning whole cities to get almost free better quality internet.

>project for 4 years
>Github literally has dogshit
>they don't realize you can spoof commits

Never change Veeky Forums.

>Also the russian guy that was the main developer dropped dead at a young age for no reason.
I'll have to check that out.
>People will be able to connect to the wifi network spanning whole cities
They're planning on turning everyone's device into a meshnet node then? If they can get enough people to do it, that's pretty neat. I've played around with them a few times before.

.>literally has dogshit

brainlet spotted
bet you'd have been one of those people that kept calling bitcoin a scam in 2011, if you were around back then

There's economic incentives to do it. All the previous meshnet projects failed because there was not much to gain from that.

>you
Thanks for helping me FUD man

Might as well throw it to VEN, seems to resist what's going on pretty well.

Yeah... I'm the one who is trying to trick people. Definitely not the guy who is trigger happy on his VPN. You're shilling too hard, might want to tone it down.

Yeah but he can't spell equality though... we're trusting this guy to build something?

>VPN
No as I said on one of my VPN connection, I'm not buying this yet. I'm fudding it for a year and you are going to help me, so thanks again. (hope I'm on the right correct connection)

What are your arguments? github.com/skycoin
You can read the commits yourself, what are you even talking about? If you're trying to fud at least pick something not so easily deniable

:^)

I agree with him, utter dogshit all of it, spoofed commits and what not. And I should know, being an avid VPN person

>Coin has 0 fees
>Instant transactions
>Already beats 99% of the market

>SkyLedger with ICO's being organised and built on it
>Already beats 90% of the market

>Decentralised internet that is actually carefully thought out and built
>Beats every other Decentralised ISP project

>Digital store of value backed by bandwith
>Beats every other store of value

The only FUD you should be engaging in is why this isn't atleast 10billion marketcap already

Here comes the ironic FUD, to cover the real FUD.

If you are here to stay, I will compile your actual "project". Nice directories, lol.

Hahaha, what a fucking brainlet

If you're the OG Sky shill, thanks. I bought 150 at 0.0012. My only concern is that this will piss off governments to a whole new level and we'll get cucked. What stops the gov from building and controlling the majority of nodes like with Tor?

Go for it. All of the projects are easy to compile, if you're having issues you should check out tutorials on the github or maybe watch some youtube videos like this
youtube.com/watch?v=uAQzq79h2TE

good luck my man, hope you learn something

>What stops the gov from building and controlling the majority of nodes like with Tor?
This is a big worry of mine as well, I don't know enough to answer though.

>we have a wallet

/ourfuckingguy/

He's a chink. I can tell by his voice and the way he writes. Some say he's satoshi himself.

Because it'll be like trying to stop the drug market, or putting out a forest fire. The network is encrypted by default and you can't packet sniff because it doesn't use TCP/IP.

Any confirmation that any of the original bitcoin devs worked on this? Same Git username, forum post by same user, anything?

Satoshi wasn't a chink though.

Nothing. All of the traffic is encrypted by default, nodes can not see what they're transferring. If they try to disrupt the network, people would just stop using those nodes. The only way to stop skywire would be kicking down doors and smashing the actual equipment, but that would be a complete public relations nightmare. The masses would not react well to having everyone's cheap private internet taken away.
how's the compiling going? you need any help?

What stops government from ending all crypto? This could end tomorrow with 1 Trump tweet.

> github.com/skycoin/docs
LOL

no he's not lel
no chink laughs like that

Just lay off man, it's getting really thin.

I'm pretty sure Satoshi Nakamoto is a group of Chinese people that created a pseudonym that sounds Japanese. How do I know this? I don't know. But I know this is the truth.

Bitcoin devs are rich libertarian anarchists,so they like to remain anonymous. Houwu Chen wrote the white paper and is one of the founders of Ethereum.

new directory made 4 days ago

you find anything else?

I heard it was a group of burger autistes.

I don't get it, whats funny about it? (serious question)

Where did that lie come from though? Houwu Chen is not a founder of Ethereum, a quick Google search will tell you this. If you're shilling, please shill the truth. Thanks

>Thanks
Early team member at least

What? Do you even know how Github works? That's the last edit.

>user, this project is 4 years old!
>no docs
>Github has 2 maybe 3 populated repos with highschool tier assignments

They can remain anonymous but still confirm. They were anons during bitcoin dev also.

He wrote the Ethereum white paper and quit some time ago, take what you will from it. His GitHub contributions, Skyhash paper and Ethereum references all pop up on Google search.

Pls be smart. It was created 4 days ago. You mean to tell me it's an old directory but all the files including images were last edited 4 days ago?

You lost your little credibility with high school assignments argument.

Created two weeks ago, sorry, my bad.

You don't even need to look past "issues" to see this. And now you're arguing semantics

Large pump group will be working on Binance tomorrow at 1PM EST, have a look!

discord gg/CSGVBHw

my bad, meant 17 days ago. You should check other directories instead of trying to attack having an empty one.

also check out the oldest posts, you're just misinformed.
skycoin.net/blog/

>my bad
>my bad
Surely not all of these shills are the same person.

>SKYWIRE: A decentralized ISP where you earn coins for forwarding traffic/bandwidth
On what physical infrastructure? ISP's?
>near free
Something doesn't add up there.