Who /lying on their tax/ returns here

who /lying on their tax/ returns here

Who /being a fucking criminal/ here?

do literal brainlets even pay taxes? what's stopping me from giving myself brain damage after I have a nice stack and cash out, eh?

>accurately reporting your income so the government can take more away

VERY good goy.

i cashed out some of my money via coinbase a few months ago. i should've wrote it down as short-term gains (40% tax) but i lied and said it was long-term gains (15%). haha lol. i hope the irs doesnt audit me

>Incorrectly reporting your income so that you get sent to jail

VERY good soy.

Don't drop the soap, OP.

>asking people online whos doing this

If we didn't cash out anything in 2017 we don't have to report anything, right? Crypto-crypto trades are only taxable for 2018 and we report those in 2019?

JUST

quite similar to pic rel

hello IRS doxers

Upvoting, you’re the first person to quote me

Seems right to me, im getting an accountant regardless when time comes

This is the IRS and we will be auditing you shortly

I always do. As long as I lie less than Pajeet the CRA doesnt give a shit. They have retarded privacy shit and policies that make it too easy for them anyway.

>the fact that there are pepledumb enough to reply to these threads.
Im sure the government agents that post these bait threads laugh at how easily people reveal criminal activity here.

*equips tinfoil hat*

>cashing out
>ever

who would do this? just wait a few years until shops accept cryptocurrency and "cash out" into goods and services instead of fucking toxic usd.

>not paying your taxes
>in 2018
bad goy

Taxes for crypto? lel

One of the rare times I'm thankful for living in a 3rd world country

When I cash out, big daddy government gets nothing over here because hardly anyone here knows what crypto is, let alone how to make gains from it

What if the bubble bursts before that happens

more like /notpayingtaxes/

im not going to fund the slippery tongue jews assault on my race. Btc to monero to gold to anonymous gold for cash transactions

:o)

I've lost more money in transfer fees than I've made.

Puerto Rico?

I dont have a job but i made over 100k in gains last year but didn't hold any one coin for over a year. I cashed out about 30k earlier this month. What exactly do I have to pay taxes on? Will it be taxed as regular income meaning my bracket will be 25%?

america by the way

That's the whole point of trading the exchanges slowly bleed you dry while you chop up your account

Welcome to the world of finance

Fuck this, I'm just going to hoard shit on coinbase.

Get a cpa fag. Mines 250 an hour but beats getting futa(fucked up the ass) in prison.

theres not even remotely a bubble yet. bubble will be post 500 trillion market cap, that's when it will start
that's 1000x from here

Coinbase reports any accounts that are 20k and above to the IRS. Fact!

>going outside

It'll be taxed as investment gains. This is legal advice from a certified lawyer/CPA whose dad works at Nintendo and is binding in the state of Nevada.

god damnit this board was bad enough before this soyboy numale wojak shower up

If you didn't cash out for longer than a year, the income counts as long term capital gains income, and is either taxed in one of three brackets depending on your TOTAL income (including wages).

This board has been infiltrated by feds and cancerjacks. We should start a new board called Racism & Tax Evasion and let the boomers and soyplebs spread their blue pilled toxicity among themselves.

This is the approach I'm taking and I know for sure that at least 51% of the crypto space is doing the same shit, I literally cannot fathom the US gov doing an audit on all those people. Do you know how much they get paid? Lol

LOL "doing taxes", don't be a cuck
i just wait for them to sent me bill or something

I would unironically spend a lot of time on /rte/, sounds comfy!

End your life, faggot.

What's your shithole?

Only paying 100 dollars from a swing trade on gdax. Everything else is in other exchanges accumulating.

same i've done nothing but lose money rn and who cares if I somehow end up with a couple thousand in my bank account every now and then
What are they going to do? flag my accoutn lol

Not I, that would be illegal
>cashed out at 19,900
>can spend the money on investments right now rather than watch it decay and wait for something to happen
>got a better price than what the market currently offers
Are you sure that will happen? Positive?
Are you sure it will happen at => current prices?
The only honest answer is no
/pol/
You break the law daily I guarantee it

Year 2015 or earlier.

>Racism & Tax Evasion
Kek

You love sucking banker cock, kys.

>pay your taxes to bail us out again

You have no fucking clue why crypto exists.

I am glad the coin to coin shit wasn't mentioned in this thread so far. It means Veeky Forums seems to know its complete bullshit.

Made $400, I ain't declaring shit

Unless you made a million dollars, you won’t get caught. The IRS has bigger fish to fry than some NEET not giving them $2000

> he files taxes

If you dont cash out you dont have any gained income

If I get a CPA to do my taxes, aren't they going to apply this though? Do I literally have to give them all my trade info and shit? I can't imagine they will want to sort through 2000+ trades I've made in a year for cost basis.

You didn’t get it bud.
Even if I was to file a false tax return, I would never admit to it on a public forum like this. That would be foolish (and illegal).
Thank you for informing me of your cocksucking daydreams though.

Didn’t go into effect until January 1. You won’t have to report anything but crypto-fiat transactions on this return.

The whole thing was a giant meme. Some software companies made tax software to track your coin transactions and they hired shills to come to Veeky Forums to FUD everyone. If you look at each of those threads its always some person freaking out

"OMG HOW AM I GON DO DIS!!?"

Then 5 responses down is check out this awesome application. Then another few shills will make it sound like if you don't do everything perfectly you going to get butt raped by buba.

Its just a shill operation to get you to use their shitty tax software. If you don't believe me then pay closer attention the next time one of these threads pops up. Probably on Monday or some shit during work hours again lol..

That's a relief then, I only cashed out 1k to pay off some debt I had lingering around. Looks like I pay pretty much nothing since I have a shitty retail job.

Spoopy!

Stfu kike, the only thing illegal here is that you haven't been gassed yet.

Who /posting in an IRS honeypot/ here

/pol/
You’re mad about literally nothing right now. Mad about this fake premise that exists only in your mind.

By the actual laws in place, every trade is accounted for, that applies if you are filling like-kind (good luck) of not. Laws are clear and put in place in 2014. The big losers are the ones that made big gains on paper in 2017 and didn't set aside what they owe eoy. This is basically the only way you can end up owing more than you have. You can say fuck it, but the irs won a john doe summons against Vienna's for 3014-2016. This isn't going away.

Shouldn't the second row say $38,700.01-$426,700 and so on? How can you pay 0% and 15% at the same time?

So is our base cost is what it was worth on January 1 2018?

>By the actual laws in place, every trade is accounted for, that applies if you are filling like-kind (good luck) of not. Laws are clear and put in place in 2014.

There are a lot of things on paper that are not enforced.
This will be one of them by sheer inability to actually enforce it. With that said, do pay your taxes when you cash out people. We want the IRS to sit in the boiling pot for a few more years at least. So dont lie or try to get away with shit for now. If you cash out you pay for it ok. But also fuck the coin to coin tracking meme. Its fucking garbage. Its not even possible.

who exactly is going to get on my ass if I cash out?
If I cash out like 10k, nobody is gonna care, right?

I can't imagine anyone going after such small fries

I only cash out just enough to survive so my expenses/income balance out to nothing on the tax returns. I dunno why anyone would do anything else.

rapping tomoko here
to give you advice about the fiscal year
just pay your taxes
unless you want party vans and agents on your asses
rapping tomoko wants you to know
that you probably just need to pay 12 percent
you'll still have money for weed and rent
you won't live in a tent
so don't forget the motto
pyt
and don't be in jail tomorrow
just pyt and it'll be g
rapping tomoko out so peaaaace

Who not IRS here?
*raises paw*

The IRS doesn't have the time or resource to chase small fry tax evaders unless you're hiding more than a million dollars.

i will be holding my LINK for at least 1 year, and accordingly should get taxed 15% as a long term gain, no? My country has the exact same tax laws as the US but isn't actually the US. How do i show that I've been holding my LINK for over a year, and also show this potentially with other crypto investments ?

why show anything

so that when i cash out i get taxed at the appropriate and lawful 15% in stead of like 35%

Thanks, rapping Tomoko.

$500 giveaway soon /biz, don’t have to participate, just join to be able to win. + proof of last giveaway payment..
discord dot gg /QaXkMFs