How did you get into crypto?

how did you get into crypto?

A drunken Texan that yells a lot and goes Boo told me.

/pol/

How so? Aren't they anti bitcoin?
>t, never visited any other board besides g, biz and b in 2008.

I read an article on RoK back in 2015. I guess being an autistic faggot pays off.

wanted to buy drugs anonymously

Saw a thread on /pol/ about bitcoin about to hit 10k and thought to myself "Hey better late than never"
>don't regret it

I wanted to buy ripple and tron

Max Keiser from Russia Today (RT) shilled me into doing it in late 2016

Girlfriend shilled me into it

Quads for explanation
The shills want newfags to think /pol/ hates crypto, i heard about the 15k ATH from /pol/

Veeky Forums shills on /pol/. Someone made a threads like:
>These fags are losing all their money on fake money while we are over here trying to blah blah blah
>Then someone talking about old biz in terms of stocks and investment
So I came here for stocks and investment, particularly how much I should put into my 401k opposed to a stock portfolio. Then I saw all the shitcoins and got in with my first ETH at 400. I don't go back to /pol/ kind of a waste of time after the fun election.

A while back somebody normiebook linked a drug dealer guy from my highschool a link about Ethereum and I looked into it. 2 days later I bought some ETH. Got in about 6 months before the normies came. It was pretty much the last decent time to get a foot in the door.

Was interested in it back around 2014, but didn't do anything other than play around with faucets and stuff. Bought $20 of dogecoin.

Years later, my little brother tells me ETH is going to be huge, next bitcoin level. This was when ETH was around $5-7. I kept watching the chart after that, thought it had potential, but didn't actually buy until it was $45. When I saw it rose that much, I figured it was going to continue and put most of my money into it.

being greedy and browsing biz since 2014

I heard about it in Big Bang theory.

:)

>See btc price at $7
>Remember seeing it for a few cents
>Huh maybe I should buy some btc
>Years pass
>See btc price at $200
>Remember seeing it for $7
>Huh maybe I should buy btc
>Years pass
>frustrated with wageslavery
>Veeky Forums helped me get in shape maybe i should check out this Veeky Forums place
>BTC price is FUCKING $4000
>Buy the shit out of a bunch of BTC and a bunch of alts with robinhood money
>More gains in a month than 2 years of robinhood
>sitting on like 12x gains

hindsight 20/20 and all that

/g/ told me it was a scam but I needed drugs so I bought some. Then I lost my job and made runescape bot farms for money. Used btc for income.

You forgot your wojack friend
Bazungo

Listened to Ghost

buy some fake money and then pray that there's someone else out there who's dumber than you are.

I don't really remember honestly. I had a lot of money saved and free time and I started seeing a lot of press on crypto in the summer so I went all in when BTC was $2800.

I browse a forum called SeekingAlpha whenever I have any downtime at work and one day saw posts keep coming up about the "Ethereum Alliance" and how Microsoft was getting into it and how it's related to bitcoin, then I remembered me and my friend wanted to pour some money into the pre-sale of the first ASIC miner waaaayyyyy back in the day, so I thought I'd look into it and then registered on Bittrex and started buying some tokens in July. Already went from 1k to 50k

Just wanted a new computer to make cartoons and couldn't get a decent job. Saw the crypto market was blowing up and decided to give it a shot.

Yeah I remember I didn't used to come to biz because all the posts were "Hey guys my dad loaned me his hedge fund what do I do now" or "Lol you retards literally don't understand the economics of a lemonade stand, lemme break it down for you"