How to deal with losses?

Guys, I am new to this crypto shit. Started in Late December, have made about 3x my profit so far, but a couple nights ago I lost 40% of my portfolio (around $40k) trying to Swing trade and panic sold a coin which I fucked up hard and FOMO'd back into resulting in 40% loss.

I have barely eaten since and feel sick/stressed out of my mind. Any vets got words of advice on how to cope/deal with this shit?

Any stories of your worst losses and how you've since recovered would be a huge plus.

fist through a wall works p good

Dude start by realising that you are still up. What the fuck. I blew 30k (about 60% of my profit) during the recent crash panic selling. Its ok though, cause Im still up enough that i could buy a new car and pay off my original investment and still have some left over to invest in crypto.

Luckily ive got a good job so if it all tanks its not the end of the world but man fuck YOU ARE UP YOU DUMB RETARD QUIT CRYING ABOUT WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN

>I am new to this crypto shit
>trying to Swing trade
>I lost 40% of my portfolio
>I fucked up hard and FOMO'd back
> $40k
> $40k
> $40k
> $40k

you lose so much to the point you are numb to it all and thats when you start hurting yourself to see if you still feel anything

I don't get it, are you saying 40k is not a lot?

Just buy Vechain, you'll at least get your loss back. Read up on it, will give you the peace of mind you need right now. You are obviously not in shape for high risk investments or "swing trading".

How much Vechain do i need to make it?

Just go all in VeChain and hodl fucking retarded piece of shit, can't you see its potential?

fuck, really...

What coin? If it's a decent one just wait till it goes back up. I did the exact same thing with fun last night now my entire stack is tied up in it.

Dwell on the past and stay poor forever.

>If it's a decent one just wait till it goes back up.

I didn't lose 40k because my coin dipped, i lost 40k because I lost 50% of my stack, so I cant just hodl til it goes up unfortunately.

jesus how'd you even get 100k? I just HODLd and I got most of my gains back.

Are you still up? If yes then whats the problem

Setbacks like this hurt a shitton is all.
made 2x on salt first investment, then Bought XLM at 20 cents and tripled my money with that, bought HPB at $5 and doubled my money then i fucked up and panic sold and lost 40k.

one bump

Alcohol, not too much though, just a couple of drinks. I finished my 3rd drink and don't feel like shit anymore

i got wrecked hard on nxt last month and i still havn't recovered plus im now stuck in a shitcoin that probably isn't going up anytime soon. Its hovering at 10-20sats but if it goes up to even 200 sats ill have everything back. Fingers crossed

I think 2,5 - 10k+, maybe even 1k.

Just go all in before it moons. It's one of the most manipulated coins at the moment (holding down the price for investors to get in cheaper), this is good for you. When the investors are in and the manipulation stops, it's going to blow up.

>i got wrecked hard on nxt last month
how much did you lose?

last bump