CoinBase stole my money and stopped replying

tl;dr: Coinbase fucked up, lied to my face, and then stole my money, thinking I wouldn’t notice. They are now mysteriously ignoring my emails. My bank has filed a fraud case. These incompetent, piece of shit, cuntface, lying asswipe morons are to be avoided at all costs. Don’t subsidize the existence of these jerkoffs. Get your crypto elsewhere; there are plenty of options with higher limits and better all-round functionality.

So, I transferred 2k GBP from my bank account to Coinbase, and the amount left my bank on January 2nd. According to my bank, Coinbase received the money first thing on January 3rd.

But nothing showed up in my Coinbase, and so after waiting around for the suggested 3 days, I sent them an email on the 6th to ask about it.

i.imgur.com/wdfzeCZ.png

So, we’re off to a great start with Sardonica (is this a joke?) suggesting that I wait 3 days and asking for the reference code of my deposit despite the fact that it’s already been more than 3 days and I literally started the reference code in my query. But it’s nice to know that my experience is her “out most priority,” which probably explains why she evidently spent no effort whatsoever in reading the 5 lines of my email before blowing me off with some copypasta.

I replied:

i.imgur.com/i7aH0Hb.png

On 8th January, I sent Sardonica another two emails. First, I asked for an update. Then, after receiving a notification from Coinbase to tell me that my transfer was to be refunded because my own name did not match my own name (it does; the name on my bank account and Coinbase account are the same godamn name, ie, MY NAME), I sent an email asking for clarification as to how the impossible conclusion had been achieved.

i.imgur.com/2myxW8t.png

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/BitcoinUK/comments/6h2j9d/anybody_using_gemini_from_the_uk/
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6hye9d/should_i_use_gemini_as_a_uk_citizen/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No reply. The next day I discovered that Coinbase sent 1,882 back to me, instead of 2k. Even accounting for GBP/EUR fluctuations this does not tally. I sent our friend Sardonica another email asking how they had managed to achieve this, to which I have received, as expected, no reply.

My bank has filed a fraud case against Coinbase and I will be filing a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman. I’m pissed. Not only did they lie and fail to refund me completely, their incompetence meant that for the past week they have held 2k of my capital, which translates to significant opportunity cost with crypto.

DO NOT USE COINBASE AND I ENCOURAGE ALL OF YOU TO REPORT THEM TO YOUR BANKS OR OMBUDSMEN IF THEY HAVE STOLEN YOUR MONEY.

I am extremely grateful for this early tip on such a promising project. I will purchase at least one hundred thousand coins at once. Thank you and farewell.

whats a better alternative to coinbase

Kraken, Bitpanda, Gemini

bitstamp

Localbitcoins

Yikes, that's my biggest fear and the reason why I'm not putting more shekels into cryptos. None of these sites seem too reliable.

kraken yes bitpanda no 5% fees my ass

lol at kraken, shittiest exchange I've ever used

How do I cash out though?

Truly the best option. Pay the slightly inflated price and never have to deal with shit like OP. Cash deposit works every time.

>Gemini
do they allow UK citizens?

>try to buy ETH yesterday on coinbase
>first time it says it failed after filling up confirmation with bank
>freak out because the transaction to the online wallet does appear
>gone after reloading page
>try again, confirmed by bank but not by coinbase, same shit happens with the online wallet.
>see this thread
I was probably not going to use it even before reading that OP, but thanks

Lykke

who is more reliable for cashing out? coinbase or bitstamp?

Not sure but there are some threads about it

reddit.com/r/BitcoinUK/comments/6h2j9d/anybody_using_gemini_from_the_uk/
reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/6hye9d/should_i_use_gemini_as_a_uk_citizen/

Send a letter, stop writing to the same person expecting different results, pro tip from someone with over 90 IQ

It's ok OP, you have learned what I have learned, coinbase are a piece of shit, I wanted to cash out quickly a while back, about 1k, sent them the 15 EUR to verify my bank account, 2 weeks later and still no verification, emailed them I got the worst reply's ever, in the end I told them where to go and just used kraken the sepa payment to my bank took 1 day, unlike coinbase which kept me fucked over for 2 weeks. I should of listened but thought i'd see if all the hate about them was genuine. Well guess what it fucking is.

Localbitcoins.

Theyre the best Fiat gateway for EU and the latest update improved the website alot.

I'm in a similar predicament op. I payed for .02 btc on Dec 2nd that I never received. I've emailed their support several times and never got a response.

Then I read some bullshit in their policy stating that if you email them multiple times about the same case # you are subject to be ignored.

Fucking strange business practices

Wait for COSS.io to start accepting fiat hopefully in a few months so you have more options.

Gemini is pretty much the best way to cash out right now. Got my money pretty fast and it's not a piece of shit and actually lets you trade whatever you buy immediately, for both BTC and ETH.

UKfag here. I've received good service from both Coinbase and Coincorner. Both verified me within a day and paying by debit card was instantaneous.

I'd recommend paying with debit card if you're going to buy from these sites, as SEPA is slow (3-5 working days minimum) and debit card fee's are worth it for the amount of time you save.

Also tried Bitstamp but they still haven't verified me after a whole month, so I guess they don't want my custom.

You’re just as bad as the single mothers posting on retailers Facebook pages about how they’re never shopping there again. Get over it, cry into your pillow not on our Indian shitcoin gambling board.

Yeah but debit card has low weekly limits

This is what makes it painful, I have stuff I want to put more into, yet the low limit is fucking that up