Long but good read

long but good read

nytimes.com/2018/01/16/magazine/beyond-the-bitcoin-bubble.html

Thanks for the article user

i saw this
it was surprising to see good journalism from NYT

nice find

This. It’s 95% fake news usually. What’s the tldr version.

That article doesn't appear to be the usual mainstream media bs about crypto.
Will read. Thanks for the find user.

i guess its something like bitcoin
is in fact a bubble, but blockchain will be big in terms of marketcap and real world use-cases

didnt read everything

Yes it's a good article.

Guess what? The solution to the entire problem the article is proposing is literally XLM. Or the Stellar network more specifically. I'm placing all my bets on XLM, just hope the rest of the market doesn't go to shit until then.

Just skim-read it for now. Will read more another time but it's basically about the brilliance of the technology and that people shouldn't focus so much on "muh bubble"
It also brings in several areas where blockchain would improve the way of life

so... nothing new in that article?

It's for normies... what do you think?
But it's a good article to send to people who really don't understand the fuss

It's basically saying that we need an open protocol that does the things blockchain promises to do. Not hundreds of different "proprietary" networks that can only support their one specific token, but a global network that can transfer any value cheaply, efficiently and fairly.

I'm an XLM shill, but I shill it because I agree with the article, and Stellar offers offers just what crypto really needs.

It was going so well and then...
>RUSSIAN TROLLS
Fuck these people have been mentally raped.

Just read it, it has good perspective even if you don't agree with everything

> Posts his private key
Stopped reading, deleted all references from my computer, reported nyt as a phishing site.

a mainstream news outlet posting something level headed and well informed about crypto is what's new

Great read OP. Thank you.

Based on this article, there is an obvious rule of thumb when choosing which coins are worthy of being invested in. Blockchain tech is still at a very early stage. The blockchains that will serve as the base layer of the ID, property registry, logistics and transportation systems of the future will have to be adopted as common standard in the same way that http and IMAP were adopted for internet and email.

The rule of thumb is: if a coin's dev team is looking for use cases and apps for their chain RIGHT NOW, they are either running a pump and dump, making you pay for a proof of concept or not being ambitious enough. In any case such projects aren't worth your money or time. The main fundamentals that you should look for is a chain's capacity to become the digital base layer standard for one or many industries that are currently overcentralized or too reliant on trusted middlemen.

(Full disclosure: my portfolio is 50% XLM for this very reason)

> "...Token economies introduce a strange new set of elements that do not fit the traditional models: instead of creating value by owning something, as in the shareholder equity model, people create value by improving the underlying protocol, either by helping to maintain the ledger (as in Bitcoin mining), or by writing apps atop it, or simply by using the service. The lines between founders, investors and customers are far blurrier than in traditional corporate models; all the incentives are explicitly designed to steer away from winner-take-all outcomes. And yet at the same time, the whole system depends on an initial speculative phase in which outsiders are betting on the token to rise in value..."

nice

discord gg/3fW7bzr

Also want to put a good amount in XLM because it's a safe longterm.
About 30%-40% of portfolio but I need my shitcoins to moon one more time.

TL;DR:
>look at tech, development stage, development team, business cases of coins before buying
>90% out there is shit
>put your money into BTC and ETH