IOTA hacked last night. Entire tangle was brought down to a screeching halt because one guy DDoS'd all the nodes...

IOTA hacked last night. Entire tangle was brought down to a screeching halt because one guy DDoS'd all the nodes, and then ran his own node and stole 1.7 trillion IOTA from a bunch of accounts by brute forcing seeds.

medium.com/@ralf/what-happened-last-night-on-iota-b6157ade1e03

Here's the bundle he created to transfer the IOTA to himself

thetangle.org/bundle/9EARKHWOLK9PEIIDIQWXEGZBDTWDWIYIXGJDSQQDDIUTLVEGSFCITZZQPW99WHUTPSDBLATIZILETUIID

Is IOTA dead now?

deserved

Good

wait, what? :D :D :D

True if big

Nice fuck iota

>The good news: The IOTA technology is secure.
>blablabla
>The root cause so this could happen was for users to rely on online generators to create their seeds.
op is a hugeass faggot. pffft.

fud

Nope. Happened to people who used the Powershell route as well because powershell intrinsically only uses 32-bit ints for random, and thus it wasnt random enough. They were able to be brute forced

>users apparently got tricked into using shady online generators.
>Yesterday night, the thieves started moving funds from the stolen seeds to their own.
IOTA groupies and fanbois confirmed to be absolutely on par with retarded nogs and dumbfuck normies.

If this is true how'd it not crash to under a dollar

lol fuck iota. Article claims all the seeds were taken from a seed generator.com site which people used to set up their accounts.

I thought iota was such shit that you couldnt even move money. If hacking story is true the hackers had to be extra intelligent just to get around iota dung pile.

Invest in Byteball, best DAG with working product and tons of features already

>using powershell to generate important random digits
well, DUH.

>The root cause so this could happen was for users to rely on online generators to create their seeds.

Hang yourself OP

Made me check my balance/10

Doesn't have to do with IOTA. Someone could also hack into MEW or some other site and steal paper wallets.

well, the difference is that MEW has an absolutely foolproof tutorial so every mong that is able to read will understand what to do, and what not to do. Compare this to IOTA who refer you to *bing* *bing* *bing* a fucking online-seed--generator. top kek. Couple this with the fact that IOTA is the most normy coin of any altcoin... it's rather funny, to say the least.

>SJW coin users
>Tech illiterates
Where is the news?

>Couple this with the fact that IOTA is the most normy coin of any altcoin

>XRP
>BTC
>ETH
>XLM
>TRX

Are you serious?

>Are you serious?
Yes. But this probably depends on your location. I'm from the german speaking part of Europe, so that's why. IOTA is the absolute Saupreiss Schweinehund Sauerkraut Normy Rapper Coin.

this.
iota is the absolute normie coin of germany
and i dont like germans getting rich

Well yeah, but only because Schiener is german and the foundation is located in Berlin.

> t. greek boi

I hold around 4000 PRL. Should I be worried?

>greek lmao
also found the hans
dont forget to pay your 50% tax hans merkel needs to feed alis 10 children so he can kill your daughter in the drug store

did you generate your wallet seed from a webpage or powershell? if so your money is probably already gone

>brute forcing seeds

how fucking dumb are you?

good

these are the devs that put exploits in their open source code to "protect normal users from scams" yet they don't put a seed generator in their wallet so people who don't know how to generate a seed have to use shady online services lmao

HALT DIE FRESSE DU MISGEBURT FÜNFTAUSEND MARK ENDE DES JAHRES

My PRL it's still on Cryptopia

some dumb fucks got phished by using some chinks software that literally gives them their private seed/key
>Is IOTA dead now?
is your brain dead?

iota is the biggest flaming pile of dog shit
my wallet has been showing a zero balance now for weeks and the reclaim process for my own fucking coins is going nowhere fast. zero fucking support. the one and only time i go to send my iotas and they're in the fucking custody of the iota team as a part of 'precautionary measures'
seriously get fucked iota

VB was talking about network spamming in September, random joes apparently were gathering informations about what were the iota network prevention systems till 19 Jan...You should have listened and have done your homework before. Unfortunately IOTA got too much attention from normies, lemmings never gonna learn

IOTA is shit, I'll explain it very simply:

They can't share their code open source, this is no problem if the company just wants to keep it a secret. However, this is not the reason. They keep it secret, because sharing the tangle system will expose safety issue's that the crypto has.

I'm a big fan of the idea of IOTA, having a fee-less crypto, would solve a lot of scalability issues. However, IOTA is not the chosen one. If they have security issues, they're gonna come to light any day. Don't hodl your money in IOTA.

...which is why they're panic-hiring math geniouses and statistic experts and what not the last couple weeks. They may be able to fix it. Maybe not. But this alone speaks volumes about the current state of IOTA. December was a great time to sell. Anyone still holding on to this is a moron. It may take off later on, but that's quite the gamble. And for you just a waste of time.

The DAG king has died, long live the DAG KING

PRL is currently a ERC20 token you fucking moron.

>panic-hiring
being this retarded

>brute forcing
low quality fud

I'm keking hard

"Sure just try to spam, more transactions means the network goes faster"
Dude spams and brings network to a halt
"Quantum safe cryptography, in ternary for IoT"
Dude finds collisions in hash functions on a laptop PC, security is of PHP programmer level, signature scheme rendered meaningless
"Its just on baby training wheels duh"
Dude spams, DDoS and brute forces shitty seed-generator due to another security vulnerability
"Its just chink software not really IOTA software, the generated seeds were for Ethereum wallets achtually"

Marvelous, amazing propaganda at work.

BUT

BUT BUT BOSCH!

it was "but but MICROSOFT" before they got called out on it

probably Dominiks boyfriends father works at bosch or something.

his wife's son's father

Can’t believe ANYONE holds IOTA and hasn’t jumped on the XRB train yet.

IOTA’s still up, somehow miraculously, take your fucking profits and jump into the guaranteed moonshot once raiblocks is listed on binance. You can have your DAG cake and eat it too.

>ERC20 token

>REFUGEES WELCOME: THE COIN

Who could steal IOTA? Like, how heartless must you be? Is the hacker even human?
Think of all the refugees that will be left without a smart city due to this. May Allah smite him.

>Entire tangle was brought down to a screeching halt because one guy...

He ddos'd public nodes with no ddos protection. This is nothing to be surprised about.

>Stol 1.7 trillion IOTA from a bunch of accounts by brute forcing seeds

You're retarded if you think that's what happened. People used online seed generators which the community warned people against. They were basically asking to have their iota's stolen. Brute forcing even a single seed would require more time than the universe has been in existence even if you had 1 million times all of the computing power on the planet.

>Is IOTA dead now?

No. It's the one coin that is going to actually have any reason to be used within 5 years. Anyone who hasn't bought in yet is either stupid or wants to be poor.

He didnt DDoS by flooding them wiith bandwidth
Do you realize how many GBps that would require?
There is a vulnerability in all full nodes making them susceptible to DoS themselves

Remember, dudes were brute forcing even the offical wallets seeds last year, as it also was not using enough randomness.

I hope you buy more Miotas. Sell all your XRB, fucking faggot.

This is why I bought ITC! It has way better security

People need to move from IOTA to ITC before its too late

>Remember, dudes were brute forcing even the offical wallets seeds last year, as it also was not using enough randomness.

Every single seed that can be generated through powershell has already been made. It's only 2.1billion and thats nothing to go through. That means any new user that makes a seed through power shell will lose their money lol

yet the iota website still says to use powershell

My fucking sides

>IOTED

kek, implying that I would ever buy XRB when I already loaded up on IOTA 6 months ago and am going to hodl for the foreseeable future.