Ethereum thread

>no Ethereum thread
Ethereum thread. Predictions for end of the year price?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3WAyjytyDcI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Back to sub $300 where it belongs.

$5000

Q1 $2000
Q2 $3500
Q3 $10000
Q4 $400

50000 or so

1:1 with btc at 10 cents

1 mincoin

Nocoiners out.

What makes the price drop to 400 in quartal 4?

Unlikely

Yeah probably. Are you happy?

>measuring with a dieing race

mincoin is a gay coin

>>no Ethereum thread

It seems all kinds of shilling have calmed down which is good. Lots of normies took a really serious beating when we came down from 20k all the way to 9k.

youtube.com/watch?v=3WAyjytyDcI

I will prepare for Q4 like I am preparing for martial law.

0,- USD

So that you faggots finally have to work a real job at McDonalds.

Please be true. My current plan is to hold until the end of August and then sell for BTC and then buy back in December.

It will go to 5k, then serious fomo will drive it to over 10k and then the market will correct back by 50% like it did a few days ago.

Why shouldnt it belong at 300 dollars

Between 0.05 and 0.1 bitcoin

What makes you be so sure quartal 4 is shit for Ethereum?

don't be jealous, little boi. if you ask your mom for money to buy ETH with maybe she'll give you a few bucks. you won't make a fortune but by the end of the year you should at least be able to afford a new nintendo game or two!

please no

tether pops

Realistically 4k but I think up to 10k is within reach.

no

thats a change of 1000% dude

>no

And?

More and more new tokens and applications are talked about as being significant, which you later find out are ERC-20 based. Network effects will ensure that developers, companies, resources, training will be increasingly directed solely to Ethereum. Within a few years, almost every blockchain app will be running on Ethereum.

If you could go back in time and put a fair monetary value onto future usage of TCP/IP, or HTTP, what might that value be? That's where we are with Ether at the moment. Some people are treating Ethereum as if it's just another protocol, and a non-ideal one at that. They can't see that its adoption is exponential and will continue unabated. It does not matter if some other technology is superior to Ethereum now, the race is over. Competition in the future will occur at a higher level than at the protocol level, in the same way that IPX disappeared due to exponential adoption of TCP/IP.

Prediction for 2018 EOY, $6k-8k. 2020, $25-40k.

no. 1 spot, $150

maybe you should look up how tether works before embarrassing yourself on an indian micropayments website

Thank you my main man

I knew bitfinex was using Veeky Forums

It's by far the best tech on coinbase, which is still the only exchange that most normies will open an account on. With Casper and sharding coming up, it's going to do extremely well.

this is actually a taiwanese micropayments forum

>muh 1:1 USD backing
>750 million tethers printed in the past week
>we're supposed to believe truckloads of cash are arriving and being deposited in Bitfingox's small Polish banking partner
>a public audit would clear up all FUD and skepticism but they won't release one

Yeah, everything is definitely good here.

Tether is irrelevant

When does Q4 begin ?

Last quarter of the year :S

If Ether is going to decline at any point in the year, it'll be midyear after Consensus, as per usual.

5k seems pretty reasonable
god I wish I bought more during the dip, I bet it won't come down below 1k ever again and I wasn't ready

Is it a good idea to swing trade ETH/BTC?

Last three months of the year. Q4 = Oct 1st - Dec 31st.

if you have to ask, then it is not a good idea for you

I will literally eat my dick on live TV if any of these shitcoins are above $100 after the tether implosion of 2018.

>tether implosion
what's up with this new meme

More important question...Ethereum dip when?

shills spreading fud
every thread today has some warning about it

How many Quarters does a Year have ?
Im from syriA

Thinking about putting ~50% of my BTC into ETH.

good idea at this moment?

october

right now

Yes. ETH is the only coin i have.

thinking of selling all my ltc soon

Tether/Bitfingox printed 750 million tethers in less than a week to keep bitcoin from crashing below 9k. Once this fraud is exposed the whole house of cards is coming down.

Not sure im gonna trust an opinion of someone who doesnt know how many quarters does a year have lol.

ETH: $10,000 EOY
OMG: $1,200 EOY

you cant take a coin serious with the name OMG
it slike calling a coin LOL.
its basically doge premium

Literally do any research whatsoever

I did research and it's basically doing same as LINK does, and it's losing value since 6 months

nice

Meh, a lot of people wanted to buy the dip

Everything you said is wrong and I don't care about convincing you otherwise.

You don't deserve OMG.

Remember you were warned.

i can see ETH climbing up steadily as more tokens and dApps (like upcoming trading card game) rely on it,

likely $10,000 EoY if crypto doesnt shit the bed

those bags must be heavy, Rakesh!

It will surpass Bitcoin.

Personally I'm betting $3500.

Maybe double it's current price, but delusions of the flippening are quite ridiculous.

BTC is BTC - it's in a league of one. ETH has been a beast because it kicked off the crypto boom and so many shitprojects are based on it but we're now seeing ICOs arriving on competing platforms like NEO, STRAT etc so ETH is going to bleed money and projects to those platforms.

No chance ETH finishes year as No. 2 ranked crypto and wouldn't be hugely surprised if it even slips out of top 5.

that sounds reasonable

I agree with this right now. Especially if they don’t solve the scaling problem. They just do not have the tps required to run all the erc tokens on the platform.

If they can solve the scaling problem in short order then I can see it remaining #2 or #3

"Ok directors, we need to do a blockchain project to remain competitive. We can either use a proven, tested blockchain tech which many companies are using, which has an alliance of industry partners that we can join and work with, which accounts for more transactions than every other blockchain combined, which has thousands of developers, which has companies that offer support and consultancy....OR....we can try out a new platform that pajeets on Veeky Forums keep shilling. What do you think is more sensible guys?"

t. no awareness of industry

>hur dur ethereum is stagnant

Fuck. Off

you fucking idiot, bitcoin has FUNDAMENTAL ISSUES that can't be solved

and you talk about industry awareness

KEK!

my fucking dick

>he thinks less than a billion is anything
Fucking goym

That's probably bill gates dropping his lunch money on eth

Brainlets don't know how great of an improvement this is

.....the thread is about Ethereum

Pretty sure he was making a comparison between ETH and other smart-contract chains, m8.

I was the idiot here, true

Christ I just came in my pants

By the end of the year 1 Ethereum will be worth 100 million Vitalics.

one ETH will be worth anywhere from 0.5 to 0.80 NEO eoy.
cap this.

>NEO
PFFFHAHAHAHAHAHHA

1 ETH will be worth 0.1 VEN in 2024 screencap this post or your mother will live out her life happy alongside your father.

youre bullshitting yourself

Price of 1 ETH will be 1 ETH and everything will be measured in Vitaliks

so many people are salty that they missed out, it's depressing.

this is what I've been thinking. I'm seeing games developed for ETH (that pokemon collecting shit, that ugly looking ethcraft game)...to me that says there's a lot of potential for people to make all sorts of shit (not just games) that hooks the normies and/or makes them go "sure I could get BTC but if I get ETH I can collect these pokemon things my friends have and get a rare one to sell or do these other things with it", or maybe someone develops some kind of game or something like an MMORPG auction house or something
I don't know what the gas shit is about desu I'm a crypto newb but it sounds like ETH would be less likely to die off long-term compared to other coins...probably won't skyrocket like BTC did but thats ok
I took my $ out of BTC and LTC and put it into ETH the other day and am gonna just sit on it for the year...

>More and more new tokens and applications are talked about as being significant, which you later find out are ERC-20 based
This happens all the time
>see a coin being shilled here or on a signal group
>buy it without doing any research whatsoever
>get gainz
>actually read about it
>erc20
>sell immediately

I already have 80 ETH. That's like owning a bakery and going across town to buy a cupcake from the grocery store.

Just Monika.

THE WHOLE FUCKING ETH BLOCKCHAIN IN 4GB!! Over one million tx per day and multiple dApps already live. HOLY FUCK

Does anyone actually invest in Ethereum classic or is it a meme

This, and its obvious

>hurrr network congestion
>hurrr transaction fees

Any other coin with Eth's volume would perform 10x worse. ETH is the only coin that works on these issues while respecting the trilemma, and its one of the few coins in position to actually do so.

Not to mention like 90% of all top coins are ERC20.

kill yourself.

5k minimum EOY.

Can someone plz explain...

Fundamental point is that Ethereum is now being used like HTTP. If you want to make a product which is used/sold online, you don't start by writing web protocols. You take for granted that there's a commonly used set of protocols, and get to work on your own product.

The more Ethereum/ERC-20 is used, the more it will have to be used, as competition will shift to the applications rather than the things the applications are built on. As this happens, Ethereum will become indispensable.

I welcome any shit ERC-20 applications, for this reason.

a problem for eth is how big the blockchain is, people have a hard time using it because it takes forever to download and sync

that's a significantly smaller blockchain to download

I really fucking hope youre right about your EOY prediction. Even $2k USD would be a big deal for me. $5k ETH... fuck man. I might quit my job.

Thank you. So 1.8.0 isnt even out yet right?

Seems like remarkable progress for something so underhyped.

2k is only a 2x in a year that Vitalik has stated would demonstrate the realization of the concepts and promises built up for the last 4 years.

Yeah, I'll retire if it hits $10k no prob

Is ETH gonna move to PoS this year? That should bump the price up, no?

At the very least, it'll be moving to a hybrid PoW/PoS this year as described in the Casper paper. PoS will be used on every 100th block. Full PoS will come after this.

What do you mean last quarter of the year?
Like, the last quarter with cheese you eat before the year ends?

>pajeets in charge of knowing what a quarter is

Flags when?