Thoughts on the possible Stock Market Crash

Hey lads, I was thinking perhaps we should take a small break from crypto and talk about the possible stock market crash. Why would cause this to happen? Is crypto safe or will it fair better in this possible event? Ant data suggesting this is possible or not possible is greatly appreciated. Thank you lads.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qvcGoppIeaQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>stock market crash
>is crypto safe
not sure if serious, crypto will implode 90% overnight and wont recover for years. Anyone saying different is a newfag. I traded the GFC in 2008, EVERYTHING goes down.

there is no data saying this will happen. the only problem we have now is the spVIX being artificially shorted

No crypto would not be safe, that moronic

the market will eventually crash. that doesn't really matter if you day trader or if you are a long term investor.

this isn't the place for such speculation.

ITS BECAUSE EQUITYS ARE EXTREMELY OVERVALUED YOU NIGGER

I don't think the stock market will crash. Maybe a small correction. Job market is doing pretty well so there's no reason to think stocks will crash.

Top 10 crypto would skyrocket day one of the crash, and then crash even harder.

Why would crypto not be safe? I was thinking the selloff in the stocks probably would lead to money being thrown into cash, gold, and crypto.

I dont feel like spoonfeeding you basic shit

Theyve never not been considered overvalued, this doesnt matter

If people start losing money it's going to affect crypto no matter what.
I don't think people will think "AAAH FUCK JUST LOST MY ENTIRE SAVINGS MORE OR LESS TIME TO PUT IT IN A VOLATILE UNPROVEN MARKET".
But you never know.

I see the bond market more at risk

I just put my savings into Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF because I plan on buying a house soon do I need to worry about a crash

Crypto will actually explode, because it's completely independent from real world, you newfag cunt. Everyone panic selling stock will move the money into crypto.

This wont protect you... You need to invest in Pro-dollar pairs

>>Ass rape incoming

it's already fucked dude.

>"AAAH FUCK JUST LOST MY ENTIRE SAVINGS MORE OR LESS TIME TO PUT IT IN A VOLATILE UNPROVEN MARKET".
You do realize Bitconnect had 3 billion market cap?

fourty thousand keks

I'm saying that although there are many idiots out there, there's a limit to their stupidity and suicidal tendencies and most people probably won't go literally insane.

The flippening has a few more years to come. Out with the old, in with the new. Better be on the right side anons.

i've gotten decent but not ludicrous returns on my vanguard ETFs.

if there is a crash you'd be fucked. i'd probably pull out before the election.

Interest rates and debt, might be a factor bro

bitcoin will surge

possibly monero

everything else, eth included will drop drastically

you do realize coin prices arent determined by demand, but rather manipulated by whales, right? The whales are pulling out all their money on a crash

Here's a problem for you geniuses.

Track Crypto dips (mostly Bitcoin) and Equities dips.

Why do they match? When you answer that properly, you'll realize we have a problem.

Not to mention inflation. The Fed says 10 year bond yields have increased to three year highs. That coupled with inflation from rising wages and the tax bill might trigger a recession.

every economic uncertainty so far resulted in raise in bitcoin price

just shows how useless a metric that "market cap" represents. if everyone can't sell at a certain point, then it's not a valid metric.

The whales don't pull a single cent. They tether up. During the recent crash the market cap only went down 10% and has rebounded in a day.
Because most whales are playing with monopoly money, because they bough 10k BTC for $10 back in 2011.

I have no idea what to do.

They say crypto is not correlated with stocks, but its hard for me to imagine crypto not completely crashing if something like 2008 happened again.

I am sitting on $80k cash in a checking account I don't know what the fuck to buy. I already have $90k in crypto, a little over $100k in stocks. Stocks seem expensive as fuck though right now, but there is literally nothing else that seems good value with interest rates so low savings accounts and CDs are garbage.

There won't be a crash anytime soon. Market will keep pumping because of Trump's tax cuts.

The move is to sell all your crypto before the end of the year and buy stocks after the stock market crash

Devilish.

>economic uncertainty
just Lol at you
Bitcoin was made after 2008, you havent seen shit yet

anytime anything bad in the world happens crypto goes up

that's the whole fucking point

it is THE ultimate counter-cyclical investment

you idiots DO realize that Trump being elected is the ONLY reason crypto went up so much in 2017, right?

no you fool, that isnt a crash
That was literally a normal correction that weve had several times. When big money isnt putting up those walls anymore, the prices are fucked

Not sure if bait or brainlet

Lets say the stock market crashes hard. What stocks would you guys get? amazon, apple, msft?

I would keep that cash and possibly buy after a crash. Your portfolio is pretty nice and diverse. At this point I would just stay calm and buy dips

No one knows what will happen, crypto didn't exist in the last recession.

I think it will be fine. It's still a growth area. It depends on how big the crypto bubble gets before a recession.

youtube.com/watch?v=qvcGoppIeaQ

Ford, Pepsi, Berkshirehathaway... any high dividend paying ones
I seriously wish I was trading in 2008 so I could get those once in a lifetime deals

Shell.

thanks just bought 100k

How can crypto be a bubble if it has massive corrections all the time? It seems to inflate then deflate and so on.

Crypto is uncorrelated asset, it will survive a stock market crash.

Why did the stock market go up so much after trump elected

Its a coins board here bro

trump will lose the next election and stock market will enter a 4 year bear market

>what was Greece crisis
>what was Cyprus crisis

I don't why the same old cut tax, spend, and print money is good for the economy? Stock crashed last year of GWB after 8 years of cutting taxes, spending more money, taking on more debt, printing more money. Stock market is running up because they engineering it where you have no choice but to invest in it. Interest rates are almost nothing and inflation is not high yet but anticipated to increase.

this is why I go to Veeky Forums

People will go into gold and cash for stability, safe haven during a crash, not crypto,

it was nothing

nope, gold and silver were also in bear markets. Just look at the charts
The best thing to be in, is the US dollar. obviously not right now

here's my best advice

take an aggregate opinion of what Veeky Forums says to do and do 100% the exact opposite

that goes for all investing

>crypto which only has value as a speculative thing isn't going to crash when the stock market fucks itself
are you people fucking stupid or

Stock market isn't crashing. The momentum in is very powerful. In fact, I expect it to do as well as last year or better.

If you wan't stocks that are cheaper in their valuations and in their performance, invest in emerging markets instead of US stocks.

If the whole stock and commodity market disappeared tomorrow, crypto would moon 1000% in a day.
Because the crypto market actually seeks to destroy these useless legacy markets and currencies. That's the end game - kill the stocks, currencies and commodities.

Stocks are the enemy, is you waant to make quick gains you must spread FUD about stocks, bomb exchanges and kill stock traders. Only then crypto will prosper.

vix is a vola measure means jack shit

"overvalued" by what? there is no such thing. fundamental valuation is a joke everybody should know this by now

Bitcoin and crypto is extremely overvalued you nigger. It was only $1k a year ago. Based on the fundamentals, what has changed to give it this new valuation? Nothing really.

The real question is whether the crypto crash will trigger a sell-off in tech stocks...

>What is market cap?

its all coming down when they yank up the interest rates

I'm gonna give you a tip, if the market crashes pull out of all tokens, they are not worth shit literal shitcoins of a shitcoin, and buy coins when they dip

Real question is what will happen to tether when market crashes?

Tell you what, user. FIAT is king.

Yes, larpers will tell you otherwise, but if the stock market is going to crash, you want to be in FIAT, as coins won't help you - they will crash as well.

if the market crashes go balls deep in BTC and ETH imo