Any gamers turned traders here? Perfect NEET switch

I used to play quite a lot of gaming before, when I came home from work. Since around 2 years, i do trading, run a crypto info site and lear about game theory/finance markets/market behaviour psychology

A lot of people here are typical autist spectrum guys(don't mean this in a bad way), making you perfect traders.

Traits that is common for trading and gaming:

Process a lot of information

Make quick decisions

Abstract thinking

Managing keyboard/mouse/inventory

Macro vs micro level(short vs long term market moves)

Not being emotional when losing

Computer games is such fucking waste of time, if you can have 55-60% winning trades and do 3-5% per week growing your stack of Bitcoin you are doing very well.

anyone else did this switch ?

Right there with you user, I have seen the light

I mine, I trade cryptos, and I play vidya, all are fun desu

tell me more

I get too emotional... when dealing with qt GF or when investing.

I play vidya all day while my coins work for me. You don't have to look at charts all day to make sick profits in this market.

Oh shit just got a text.

>dealing with qt (ex) GF

Fixed. Brb while I drink bleach.

>process a lot of information
I just put money into whatever at least two of my youtube shills and at least one of my small discord groups talk about, write my portfolio in notepad, and stop thinking.

>make quick decisions
I look at my gains or losses like once a week at best, only earlier if they're due to moon to an event, or something.

>abstract thinking
You can literally use a flowchart when going into crypto. Below X marketcap with Y supply and Z daily trading, team has a reliable background, memes.

>managing
Being a meme of the 21st century requires you know how to use periferals

>not being emotional when losing
I get angry as fuck when losing in games and I still reach top levels. I stonewall my way through crypto because this entire market is a fucking joke and always goes up.

>computer games are a waste of time
Having your money in so many worthless shitcoins that aren't guaranteed to moon is a waste of time. If 100% of your stack isn't a bunch of coins guaranteed to moon, you're retarded.

>having Bitcoin at all

Go away /g/

I have a 1080 TI, PS4, and Switch. I enjoyed Zelda, Mario, Persona 5, Nier, and DOOM this past year. I also make money trading. Not everything in life has to be either/or. Both bring me joy and entertainment. I do agree that those traits are helpful for both, though.

works maybe now , but will not work in the long term. better practice discipline now when it's easy

god damn are you me? literally every single thing is the same as i think/do

If it ever gets so far that you need discipline, then literally everyone who is in right now should be a millionaire by then.

Fact is, if you're actually bothering with daytrading, you should just be using a bot. If you can't make your own, pay someone reputable.

depends, do you prefer to dump ICX before the main net launch or not? Crypto always dumps the news

Why do people with gf's act like they have bad lives? I haven't even hugged a girl in 13 years who wasn't family.

The millionaire argument is a false one, since this assumes one put in enough capital to make those gains. You can make 60% good trades but be in the wrong market so the memes "just put X here then move to Y" is just stupid backtrading

I don’t even trade anymore. I just hold btc and wait for crash/pump of btc. Whenever those happen i all in alts and wait for them to recover = 100% success

EvE Online trader to crypto trader. Barely a transition at all.

oh , I heard similar stories. And read about bot/trader hate controlling supply of certain ship parts or whatever. Seems like a perfect move

>randomly puts money into an overhyped manipulated digital coin
>thinks hes a trader

oh no no no no

If you start with 1000 and can't make 3 10x over the course of two years, which is at minimum how long it'll take for us to a market that's even somewhat less volatile and requires genuine thought, and it hasn't been regulated by then (which is the more likely outcome), then you're just fucking retarded.

Start with 1k, get a 10x every four months over the course of a year, suddenly you're a millionaire. Throw 100k into some random shitcoin likely to 11x, suddenly you're a multi-millionaire. Alternatively, throw 20% of your million into something likely to 5 - 6x, multimillionaire.

You honestly think you're smarter than you are when this market is a fucking joke. As long as you win 60% of the time, by the time there is even remotely some form of thought required, you will be a multimillionaire no matter what. 60% of the threads on this board that get a lot of replies are actually good cryptos, the other 40% are bad. So long as you're on this board, you should be meeting that ratio just by being able to tell the difference between someone being retarded and someone, even remotely, citing sources. Sit in a thread until someone does the work and research for you and you're suddenly making 20x every two months.

Yep. Used to play a lot of dota 2, reached 7.3k MMR. Haven't touched that game in half a year now.

I get your point, but you are confusing my general argument with the current market conditions.

If someone does what you says, which is a fair strategy, AND acquire better trading skills, then they can get MORE successful. Those are not mutual exclusive.

Got into crypto to buy a good gaming PC, reached that goal in 2 days and i felt like it would be a waste of profit to take money out of crypto. Next goal was a decent car, reached that too and now my goal is an appartment. I'll just keep playing osrs on my laptop while watching the charts.

'More' successful doesn't mean they're not currently successful. By the time the market gets to the point where you need any actual form of skill, you should objectively be a millionaire. As long as you can find someone else to do the work for you, which is really easy when you're browsing a site with nothing but shilling, you don't have to have any iota of trading 'skill'. This market is fucking retarded. You can put money into a crypto that doesn't move at all and come back two months later and you've still made double your money because ETH went up.

Literally the only people who lose money in crypto are people who sell low. You don't have to be a trading guru to not be fucking retarded.

>Option 1 buy a hyped coin early for easy 2x gains and dump on normies
>Option 2 compete with bots made by the smartest people in the market

If you're a genius then go ahead.

Yeah - whales manipulating, FUDers FUDing, bots botting, and forum wars affecting prices in a completely unregulated market where scams are part of the scenery. If anything, the crypto market is a little simpler because you don't really get people fucking with markets just to farm tears and grief other traders, which is a staple activity in EvE.

you are totally missing my point, but whatever. you do not want to provide any strategic insight.

For example, take a thing as money management a lot of people here goes "all in" in to the next shill hype coin, if they would risk manage they would do much better.

Don't get why trading mindset discussion is upsetting you so regardless of the current market. First 3 months of previous year was not this easy for example

¨

Or trade the most volatile trending pairs with some of your stack, invest some other in shilled ICOs. Gain 1-5% per day, wait for the 2xers to gain, trade with the 2x gains to and add bigger positions

You can go all in on a coin every month and still make money as long as the coin you went in on wasn't retarded. The only downside is if you're a weakhanded faggot.

>month 1, have 1k, go all in on random shitcoin, get a 10x
>month 2, have 10k, go all in on a random shit coin, lose 50% by the end of the month
>month 3, have 5k, get 6x
>month 4, have 30k, get 2x
>month 5, have 60k, lose 80%
>month 6, have 12k, get 5x
>month 7, have 60k, get 10x
>month 8, 600k, lose 40%
>month 9, 340k, get 3x
>month 10, 1.12 mil
>diversify
>multimillionaire in two months no matter what as long as you're not a complete retard

Going all in is a strategy that literally cannot lose so long as you spend a few days of each month figuring out what the best, or at least safest pick, next month will be. Worst case scenario you get BITCONNEEEEEC because you're retarded and end up with 10% of what you put in, and now you just need one 10x, which most of the time is literally any coin below 10m marketcap with a team that isn't horseshit, and you've made back the worse decision of your life in a week

Diversifying is actually a meme as long as you know what to look out for. All of the major coins being shilled right now, and I mean /right now/, end up doing a 2x each month at minimum, and there's always one that's safer than the others. If, for whatever reason, you can't find a guaranteed winner in a month, if you put it in a safe coin there's no reason you'd lose.

Meant 360, not 340. Just means more money

Are you me?

I used to play vidya a lot and browse normies websites like 9gag until I discovered crypto. Now 80% of my time is about crypto. The other 20% time I dedicate it for fapping and other daily activities.

Not gonna stop until I make it.

I'm with this guy

sure, you are taking the more "investor approach" for mid term(2-4 weeks) holding. I am talking about actual trading, riding the waves of the market , identifying trends and learning about the market psychology. And of course, if your first 2 picks is not a 10x but a -2x then what.

Nothing wrong in doing either of them, but I personally find the short term in and out trading more satisfying.