Am I shit person?

Today, I walked in a Pc store and there was few gamers in the store. Most of them watched GPUs on the shelves.While they were talking to the one employee what to buy and payment options, I went to the other one and bought all available GPUs.

Other urls found in this thread:

whattomine.com/
asus.com/Graphics-Cards/MINING-RX470-4G/
frys.com/search?query_search=&cat=-73022&nearbyStoreName=false&pType=pDisplay&fq=101536 Video_Cards-100961 AMD&sort=price desc&start=0&cat=-73022&from=0&to=99&nearbyStoreName=false
nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rx580/
ebay.com/itm/ASUS-Radeon-RX-580-DirectX-12-DUAL-RX580-O4G-4GB-256-Bit/253380160414?hash=item3afea26b9e:g:5OQAAOSw9p9aYzaF
discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>payment options

Yes you are, but that doesn't have anything to do with you buying GPUs

Hahahhahaha, I love how salty PC gamers get about mining. I have a cheap 1070 but I use it to mine too most of the time. They are dumbasses if they think AMD or Nvidia would give a shit about GPU shortages, whilst they are raking in the cash.

>Things that never happened vol 3

Pretty sad larp OP

Whatcha talkin bout willis?

Yess, lure in the goyims...

no you did good, fuck gaymers

they will once PC gaming starts dying off as gamers that can't get the h/w they want hang up the towel and buy a normiebox. Good luck luring them back in once the new lifestyle settles in.

Sell them to the gayness for double the price.

I just had a mini aneurysm imagining having to flash all those bios

should we be buying AMD and Nvidia stocks right now?

should i actually buy these things for mining? is it still economically efficient?

You realize they can become one of us and still play the games... for example, when you want to play a game you let 5/6 of your gpus mine while using one for the game. its practically getting a free pc since it will pay itself off within a year...

Buy Intel dip

>should we be buying AMD and Nvidia stocks right now?
No. 2 years ago.

Nvidia is up over 100% in the last year, but it isn't over vidya cards. That's just a nice bonus.

There's more haha

You will pay for this Veeky Forums, you are not gonna get unpunished!!!

Is mining even profitable at this point though? You do realize electricity isn't free right? Then again, mommy and daddy are probably footing the bill.

what shop is that and do you ship i needs mine

bullshit, you can't just walk into a store and get good mining gpu's anymore theres a nationwide shortage, unless you're buying something other than vegas or 1080's in which case why fucking bother

>mfw buying up all 1070s, 1080s and 1080 tis to mine monero, then selling x2 MSRP as like-new after running them 24/7 for 8 months

yes goy its not profitable i have a gtx 1080 ti and i pay more for engery than i make mining

this is exactly why i refuse to buy used gpu's, anyone who does is insane and would be better off literally wiping their ass with their dollars.

Paying my own bills and yup, its pretty much profitable.

How do you manage to get enough power? I ran out of circuits so goddamn fast. I assume you rent someplace industrial

If it has warranty, what is the problem...if the card is totally fried there is no way that manufacturer can know if you mined.

I don't hold them in one place...

because I want minimum headache and maximum profitability and going through the warranty process is a pain in the ass and reduces profitability while you're dealing with that shit and typically new cards are only slightly more expensive than used ones so I'd rather save the headache. Also, fuck people with misleading sales claims about their "like new" gpu's

>mining on amd
>2018

Are you renting places specifically for mining though? Is this some trade secret I'm not privy to?

amd hashrate blows nvidia out of the fucking water on cryptonight, and is comparable on ethash, depends on what you're mining

I have a single RX580. Is it worth using it to mine anything? Or do you need really good rates on power to be worthwhile? I'm in Ontario, pay an absurd amount for power.

yep just 500 each for a card that makes 1-2.50$ a day for a 200 day ROI if you're lucky
>mining in 2018 LOL get real

>living in 3rd world country
>cheap and stable electricity
>mining heaven

In my country you can mine with r9 290 and it would still be profitable

You'd think AMD or NVIDIA vendors would make headless cards for mining.

What is your cost per kwh?
whattomine.com/

welcome to mining noob, u dont know shit

They do, but only the 480 and 1060 cards got that treatment for some dumb reason.
asus.com/Graphics-Cards/MINING-RX470-4G/

Probably make just under 5 bucks of eth a day, but you'll be paying a couple bucks in in electricity bills a day too. Am leaf too so I'm talking CAD.

coming from some asshat that thinks a 580 costs $500 and only makes $2.50 a day fucking kek, thats a good one

you realize most gee pee yuus are bought up for mining in china

and anyone in western countries buying in bulk

don't go to best buy - they import direct.

200 day ROI + the resale value of the cards is fucking lit you retard. plus if you're running a full rig you make a lot more than 2$ a card, ROI is closer to 140 days.

All of the GPU's starting with Pascal series have a persistent instruction counter that will read astronomically high if the GPU has been used for 24/7 mining. When sent in for warranty claims they take a reading of this counter and if it's higher than what they would expect under normal usage then the warranty is voided.

no
gamers these days are sjw wankers
take off and nuke it from orbit

frys.com/search?query_search=&cat=-73022&nearbyStoreName=false&pType=pDisplay&fq=101536 Video_Cards-100961 AMD&sort=price desc&start=0&cat=-73022&from=0&to=99&nearbyStoreName=false

noob

In my country only registered companies can import big amounts, and registering a company costs too much..

This kills the resale value

>resale value of the cards
People are weary about buying cards these days because of miners, not so sure the resale value is something to bet on being recoverable

Not that big a deal if you''e making decent pofits

>tfw I can sell my 3 year old 980 Ti for over 2/3 what I paid for it brand new

feelsgoodman

Where have you been man? People are buying old ass used mining cards for more than they would have paid from a store rn

thats even greater incentive for them to do it

Hmm don't think mining is going to be profitable once the Casper Eth fork hits Q1 of 2018.

I made the modern gaming PC platform happen. I owe you nothing you shrill spoilt little cunt. Your generation made shit of it. Go learn assembler and stop being a bitch.

find me one in stock that isnt 500$ noob
you cant, you dont know what you're talking about.
But go ahead and get into mining in 2018 and in 6 months or even a year when you're nowhere near ROI remember, I told you noob

But miners don't want them for that reason. I would spend the extra few bucks for the head every time.

What is the failure rate after that long?

>Thinking Eth is the best/only coin to mine o_O

> I can't afford a 1070 right now so I quit gaming 4ever.
> Max settings or no pc games at all!

Be patient. This influx of profit is driving R&D for the next gen of GPUs. This is good for gamers.

>tfw when I didn't listen to faggots like you in summer when ETH was like 300 bucks
It's going to hurt for sure, but I don't think POW is going anywhere

you sound mad, can't get your pwetty wittle graffics cards cuz the big bad miners?
fuck you bitch I don't have to prove shit, I pounded the pavement and bought 8 for an average of $285 a piece, its not my fault you suck

>gaming on a 1070 and not a 1080ti

nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rx580/

XFX RX-580P427D6 : Newegg (Google Group Alert Enabled)
In Stock $429.99 Jan 20 - 7:48 PM

Now suck my cock bitch

>>tfw when I didn't listen to faggots like you in summer when ETH was like 300 bucks
I mean he's not wrong, 580s are $500ish almost everywhere

People have ran cards 24/7 for years on end with no issues. As long as temps are in check it's no more damaging than playing the top tier vidjyas. In fact temp changes like going from gaming to idle/idle to gaming (not to mention even booting the card up) is the hardest thing on a video card.

I never disputed that, only that I dismissed those same claims in summer and made bank

That's the 4G version, 8G is ~499 usually

>XFX RX-580P427D6
Was not specified in post faggot. it's a 580 bitch

I'll do you one better
>ebay.com/itm/ASUS-Radeon-RX-580-DirectX-12-DUAL-RX580-O4G-4GB-256-Bit/253380160414?hash=item3afea26b9e:g:5OQAAOSw9p9aYzaF
better scoop it up while it's hot user

>nationwide shortage
I would say worldwide, I gave up to find gpu's online. I will go to make a few round in stores.

Why would you want the 8gb? ETH will be POS before the DAG even hits 3gb.

Why would you even want AMD.???????

Looks like a burnt up husk that was already used for mining.

>buying gpu's instead of using pure brain electrodes to power your pc gaming

1060fag reporting.

Pretty solid rig and making 200$ every 5 days

Fucking worth it

fuck it, says new

This is ebay we're talking about.
Account made late November and this is his only item.

RX 580 gets 30mhs, 1060 gets 22mhs, that's why. AMD are more of a bitch to work with but they are faster overall, other than a few niche algorithms. Running more than one type of rig is patrician tier.

Both xbox1 and ps4 use AMD gpus.

Stay plump Mr. Beagle :))

would I buy it? hell no, I was proving a point. I'm in the market for vegas which are like fucking houdini right now

Proving the point that there are scammers selling broken shit on ebay?...

The discord pump group that is unstoppable.._

discord dot gg/6ddqFHd

What do you mine

no just that you can get cheaper cards that are new but you probably won't get them all at once and not from the same source, especially if you're in the higher end market, but it still probably won't be msrp

Are you able to mine shit coins that havent taken off yet easily? Would that be better than just using nice hash and getting ~$4.40 a day on nicehash with my one GPU?

mine shit coins, hope for moon.
everything else is "maybe i'll afford a couple of pizzas a year" tier

lol yeah thats what I was thinking, I'll have to look into shitcoin mining

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH you stupid faggot
WHY , why not use that money to BUY crypto and trade

This is purely a money draining hobby, that is what mining is

By the time you put that all together, get all the other components you need, gather the space, mine for ages to get .02 of a block, and break even people have made 500k

YOU DUMB FAGGOT, listen to what i am telling you with your autistic hobby. ALL that extra work JUST to try to break even, when people are making trades and making 500k or a million dollars in 1 month.

Jokes on you though, your so cool making le gamers mad.

He is larping.

>mine 2 dollars worth of shitcoin
or
>mine 5 dollars worth of eth and trade for shitcoin you want
literally unless you get on some shit real early, like before its on cmc, there's no point in mining shitcoins

thats right goyim you tell em, we don't need anyone else crowding our profitable mining space. Trade into those pump and dumps and lose all your money while we make it all in min..err wait for our ROI

Parents couldn't afford a GPU for Christmas, didn't they?

Yeah up 100% in a year is pretty crazy for traditional stocks isn't it? In crypto that's like a shitty coin returns

Honestly curious, what kinds of ROI and profits are you getting from mining after factoring in all of the costs associated?
ROI must be especially shit now that GPU prices have doubled.

Not really a GPU can die after just say 2 years or as long as 7 or so. Its just luck, a used GPU can last longer than some badly made new ones. If you get a good price used you can reach ROI easily and just run the card until it dies anyway

depends on how much you pay but if you pay vlose to msrp then its like 4 or 5 months at the latest. then pure profit from then on. It also depends on the coin youre mining. if the coin youre mining doubles in value and youre only half way at your break even point when it does then you can sell and there you go ROI

ON ETH, that will be defunct soon. Then you're left with a lump of shit.