Play stock market game in school (age 13 or so)

>play stock market game in school (age 13 or so)
>get interested in money and investing
>work shitty jobs when younger for money >want to invest some of this (think 10 bucks for cleaning a neighbors yard or something)
>parents try to force me to give them the money so they can invest it for me
>always very strange and secretive about talking about money (feel like this is some sort of boomer culture)
>tell me that im too young and dont understand the world etc.
>wont let me choose my own stock to invest in, give up
>learn about crypto, invest a little into BTC (2016)
>make a few thousand dollars from a small investment (huge amount when you are young)
>super excited to make a few thousand as a 16 year old investing
>tell parents
>tell me that im dumb for putting money into a scam etc. typical boomer reaction
>try to explain that it is "real money" and maybe they should invest some
>nope.jpeg
>start working job for 15$ an hour (cash) to invest more and more
>gave up talking to them at all about crypto because it would end up in verbal attacks and them trying to force me to take the money out so they can "keep it safe"
>fast forward to august 2017
>afraid to tell them how much ive actually made to this point
>try to talk to them about ETH, how it is a great project and a pretty safe investment (i figured maybe more their style)
>they accuse me of trying to scam money from them because "i must have lost all mine"

So to top it all off I learned today that their portfolio consists of 90% GE stock that they have been putting money into from 2003. I knew there was a source for the extreme bitterness when talking about investing and me making money on my own. So much for boomer's
>le blu chip stock
meme

fuck off kid

>I learned today that their portfolio consists of 90% GE stock that they have been putting money into from 2003
Your parents are stupid even by boomer standards, at least most boomers with money in the market have most of it in boring index funds.

I'm guessing based on this post that your 17 and if so fuck off

What's your net worth. Spill the beans

dude my gramps made money from insider trading when he was young shit is basically the same as crypto but u cant lose there

post feet

>insider trading
>cant lose

Let me know if they let you trade in prison

Don't listen to these old boomers on here op they just browse biz to wait for a dip to talk shit. Keep investing and trusting your gut my whole family called crypto a scam and would passive aggressively talk shit about it for months. I shut them up when I bought 100 dollars worth of food from dominos with bitcoin. This is a lot for us. It felt so good to see their dum faces. The 24 year old NEET will be king one day.

Maybe he was trading from congress.

Oh no wow what a sad story your parents think your investment is dumb. Wow oh noooooooooo so sad!!! Your life really sux man

wtf are you talking about, he wasn't even complaining

Nice blog
Just stop telling them about it dummy

>afraid to tell them how much ive actually made to this point

Well, how much did you actually make?

Honestly, sounds like what happened to me with my parents.
They wouldn't let me invest in stocks just like that.
They still don't talk to me about money when I'm very forthcoming with my information.
It's definitely the boomer generation mindset.

My boomer dad made most of his fortune as a futures trader on the floor of the CME. In terms of volatility and speed, futures markets were the shitcoin markets of yesteryear. He never said I couldn't do something with my money, OP's parents are shit tier.

retarded boomers lol
also whats up with GE, I don't follow stocks much but looked at it out of curiosity and man is that fucking pathetic. I'd kill myself if I had been putting money into GE over the years

anyway i wouldn't even try with your parents anymore, don't ever tell them how much money you have, they'll always think you're just their dumb kid who doesn't know his head from his ass, they'll never admit you might be more intelligent than them.

If you do want to give them a glimpse of your success just do it passively without words, like drive up in a brand new car, and if they comment on it just give them real vague answers, like if mom says "that looks expensive" just reply "eh, that's relative", or invite them over to a house warming party at the newly constructed home you buy, and tell your dad "man it would have been nice growing up in a house like this huh? my kids are gonna have the good life" or some shit

0. He put it all in tron

>Whats up with GE, I don't follow stocks much but looked at it out of curiosity and man is that fucking pathetic
GE is a company with a million different divisions and roughly zero of them are the best at what they do. It's a behemoth that was built up in the post war period that's finding itself incapable of competing in a growing market full of smaller, swifter competitors.

GE needs to create a blockchain division and watch the stock soar

I wouldn't be surprised to see them try the ol' blockchain hype play.

On a more serious note:

Would investing in GE when it hits

My grandpa (moms father) worked for GE his whole life so I think it basically brainwashed her that the company is invincible and my dad just seems to follow suit. They still talk about GE like its the largest company in the US and how it will stand the test of time... I asked them if they thought GE or Tesla would be the future... And I think that answer is pretty obvious but you can piece together what they said.
Roughly 400k
I guess it may be a pride issue. I couldn't do those things without feeling pretty bad about it. I don't think they had bad intentions, just lack of intelligence

>400k
How much of that is liquid?

>I asked them if they thought GE or Tesla would be the future... And I think that answer is pretty obvious but you can piece together what they said.
Don't delude yourself in to the Tesla meme, it's just as stupid. Nothing wrong with liking Tesla, but they're the definition of bubble right now. Keep your money far away.

Sorry, but I'll have to side with the boomers on this one.

Tesla is a big tax tittie sucker. They still haven't even turned a profit.

GE is like Microsoft when that one bald fck was CEO.

Ms stayed around $20 and look at it now.

Personally though, I'd wait till the next market crash before buying ge or any stock for that matter.

some people just can't get over the sunk cost fallacy. until it gets so bad they have to either admit they were wrong or they just implode. imagine what these types of situations will be a year from now when the crypto market is worth 3T or something

youre parents sound like idiots. the moment i told my parents they ate it up and asked me to put 100 grand in. My parents love me now and I am their favorite child, this was in 2015