Tfw you learn TA and realize all coins trade perfectly technically correct...

>tfw you learn TA and realize all coins trade perfectly technically correct, unless they break under trendline/support line

>tfw you understand market and laugh at all the retards bashing TA here and causing panic in their heads, worrying over things they have no idea about, because they don't know TA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bzPxAlMpJgw
youtube.com/watch?v=umWnDTNoT14&t=1s
bitmex.com/register/toYHiE
tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/N6DVTFt3-BTC-19-1-2018/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Proof of your expertise, i.e. trade history?
Which resources did you use to learn TA?

Prove it faggot!

I just look for low volatility break-outs or meme continuation triangles when swing trading. In bull market that is. During bear I just hunker down and wait.

>muh TA
>make billions

Fucking prove it!

TA faggot how do you predict a whale selling half his stack because he wants a new yacht?

>I learned how to draw some meme triangles and got lucky 3 out of 5 times
ok

if you srs believe TA gives you an edge over the rest of the market you are a retard. Yes. T.A would suit you fine. buy as much books about it, mr retard.

here's the scientific research :

Backtesting T.A : ( it doesn't work )
youtube.com/watch?v=bzPxAlMpJgw

Do patterns work? : Head n shoulderst, etc:
youtube.com/watch?v=umWnDTNoT14&t=1s
for lazy anons: NO, flipping a coin will give you the same result.

They FUD it even though they can't use it and see for themselves

Maybe if you actually learned few basic things and imply them, you'd see for yourself it works, how about you give it a try

You've proven nothing. stop larping

Why should I waste my time learning TA when I could just get a cat?

I don't have to prove anything to you.

I pointed out the tools that you can use in life to make your life easier, it's not my problem if you don't learn how to use them and see for yourself if they work or not

>get lucky on first few trades
>MOOOM I'M A DAY TRADEEER

maybe if you researched how valid T.A is you wouldn't be a complete fucking retard screaming "fud" in this topic.

T.A has been backtested a against years of chart data and guess what you stupid fucking retard. You don't outperform the market with your retard lines and drawings.

IT DOESN"T WORK.
it has been scientifically proven, with data. that T.A does NOT work AT ALL.

> it's fud it's fud my t.a lines work!! I invest when I see a cup and handle and its correct 80% of the times!!!

fcking retard. get the fuck outta here.

Which indicators would you recommend?

>and imply them
wow user maybe you should first learn some other basic things like the English language and "imply" that
I'll bet you I know more TA and have way more reliable predictions than you, boychik

>tfw you learn the entire market is controlled by whales and once you understand their movements you can make consistent easy profits
>tfw you laugh at ta fags who think reading visuals gives them an edge when in reality its just manipulated patterns to sucker in bag holders for distribution

how do u do it, sir? plz sir

user you are fucking dense.
Two guys pushing their product on their podcast isnt scientific research.
In your own video he says EMA isnt completely invalid and "all technical analysis isnt bad"

are you really boiling down TA to moving average or did you fall asleep during your own video

>is a whale
>wants a yacht
Choose one

TA can actually work in certain regimes. For example if you establish strong serial mean reversion, then boilinger bands can serve as an indicator. Doesn't mean your regular chart drawing retard knows anything about that of course and establishing/forecasting regimes is a problem in and of itself.

same goes for strong serial correlation. If you can clearly establish that then momentum indicators could be of use to some extent. What doesn't work is just using TA on what might be pure stochastic noise.

OP here, this is also true, but whales are using bots and bots are following TA patterns :^)

You can actually write a pretty simple short-term Bitcoin Binance bot, based on StochRSI and jerk off as you make money.

Why dont you show one successful example of your TA being right?
Just one

how do you expect him to do that? the only case this would be marginally believable is if he accurately calls out a trend on something that's not already over-analyzed by more capable economists
otherwise he'll just draw various lines or w/e over a graph after he's already made the trade

I have none, because TA doesn't work user :^(((((((((((

I just want to judge your TA for its merits bro. If you post no examples this is just a bait thread.
It already is.

I have bunch of called out right examples on TradingView. I don't have to do anything to prove my calls out to anyone on Veeky Forums.

Tell me one crypto and I'll do TA for you.

If TA worked, eventually everyone would do it. If everyone did it, it would stop working. Therefore, even if TA isn't a meme, it still is a meme.

50% of the time, it works every time

I didn't fud, you faggot. I asked for proof and resources to learn TA.
It should be obvious that you have to back up your claims with evidence when you post anonymously.

anything on cryptopia

LUX
SPANK
PRL

if medicine would work, eventually everyone would take it. If everyone took it, it would stop working. Therefore, even if medicine isn't a meme, it still is a meme

>mommy I can't use google and youtube, typing in - Basic Technical Analysis Tools

TA is for faggots that like to draw meme lines and think they're smart. You literally achieve nothing with TA. Please gas yourself.

couldn't agree more to this reply.
was about to insult you for wasting my time on this bullshit.

fuck you too.
I hear that shit so often when I try to tell someone about a new idea or anything new.
"hmmmm don't you think someone would have gotten that idea already if it was like that"
bullshit you fucking prick. If you think like that you don't have to live your own life anymore because there will allways be someone who is better than you in everything, comparrision just kills our minds

Post a picture of your trade history you fucking braindead retard. I can't believe anything you're saying if you can't even understand the other user was asking, jesus christ how dense are you?

Why should I waste my time when it possibly doesn't even work?
Why don't you just post your trade history instead of being butthurt?
Takes one minute and would shut us all up.

Can't do them, because TradingView doesn't support Cryptopia. Howevever, you can make some basic assumptions just looking on coinmarketcap page their graphs and drawing trendline/support/resistance lines.

Nah, I'm a poor pajeet like you,

You can however give me a few examples and I'll do TA for free :^)

OK OP is just a retard larper, end this thread.

>coinmarketcap
use bitscreener faggot

do TA on PBL

Actually, it's been proven that trading on running averages (babby's first TA) actually works in small cap stocks (and probably emerging markets), but not in large cap

this ultimately makes sense: large cap stocks have a very efficient market due to thousands of quants analyzing them

but the smaller stocks don't have as much attention paid to them so they still contain some inefficiencies

>tfw you learn TA and realize all coins trade perfectly technically correct, unless they break under trendline/support line
>tfw you understand market and laugh at all the retards bashing TA here and causing panic in their heads, worrying over things they have no idea about, because they don't know TA
Mate, how can you be so cocky and write this when you haven't even made it?
I'd understand if you actually made a ton of money and came here to boast.
But if you're still a poorfag it's just not credible. Besides lurk more.

that's what happens in mature markets, those correlations disappear once people actually use them

it's not the case in a lot of crypto markets since professional quants haven't been as active

SALT

Also, that you don't know that you can use Coinigy to TA Cryptopia coins with a TV interface just stsrts us off on the wrong foot.

anything works in a bull market. you can just buy randomly and hold and make a profit. question becomes: do you consistently outperform the market?

which goes even more for bear market. if you can turn that into a profit (without just waiting for a bull breakout) then you're onto something.

tldr; your ta performance is bullshit

Mathematician here, TA is pseudoscience that has been quantitatively and qualitatively discredited countless times in the past few decades. It's astrology for business brainlets who failed high school calculus. Also please stop abusing fibonacci numbers and phi, there is nothing special about the gold ratio with respect to markets. The only time TA works is in those instances where the market is collectively deluded into thinking it works (self fulfilling prophecy).

Yeah im a long term Forex TA trader that im now applying to crypto. So far my TA seems to work just as well

The "whale" would be using TA to position themselves in and out of the market.

you outperform in a bear market by shorting it and closing when it reverses

example, I shorted BTC at 13.5K, closed at 11K for 2K profit

I would have made like 10x more, except futures margin on IB is $50,000 for a short (LUL)

A discord with actually good TA q9xXVCC

Look at signals and watch the TA nightly stream and you might learn a thing or two.

Btw, every coin biz shills has already mooned 100 times before it gets on here. Stop listening to these retards with red portfolios.

Ok OP, would you do some TA on any of the following:

BTCUSD
CNDBTC
QSPBTC
MTHBTC
NEOBTC

?

This guy fucking gets it

So, how's that 60% accuracy that literally anyone can predict with a brain working out for you?

Do you disregard the that the main movers are news attention, normies attention and PND groups?

have fun losing money!

>TA FAG
>yfw you don't even have the balls to short btc with above 50x leverage
EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU TA FAGS DON'T MARGIN WITH FULL LEVERAGE, YOU DON'T KNOW SHUT THAT'S WHY.
You know your TA shenanigans won't save you, admit it.

bitmex.com/register/toYHiE

>how's that 60% accuracy that literally anyone can predict
>have fun losing money

How can you first say that he can easily have 60% accuracy and then say that he's going to lose money?
Are you dumb? You do know that in order to make money consistently you'd only have to be right 51% of the time? 60% and you're set for life.

KEK

Guys, how accurate are descending triangles?

Post a chart babydoll

no im boiling down TA to retards drawing shit on charts and thinking it has any meaning to the price action in the future.

this

>hurr durr i do da trund enalysus
>i post on anime tradur web page
>i not billions of dollars, just post shit
Nice try, pajeet

this basically
a reliable 51% winning rate would make anyone a billionaire in months
if you don't understand compounding interest and statistics, you don't understand the much more complicated models TA is supposed to use. so you're essentially putting your faith on squiggly lines on the basis other people told you it works

Am I doing this right?

yeah nah...
being right 60% of the time doesn't guarantee profits since you are not taking risk-reward into account at all. The formula is %right * average win rate - %wrong * average loss rate
state of the art accuracy for trend following algos is somewhere in the low 80s right now, doesn't mean tail risk magically disappears though

Yes and no. The triangle is there, but a descending triangle usually is a bearish continuation pattern. Meaning that the price comes DOWN (in this case it came up) and then hits support, trades in the triangle which gets tighter and tighter before the price gets squeezed down some more and out of the triangle.
In your case the price came UP and started forming this triangle. Don't know what to think if it, I'd wait for a breakout. It might be a reversal.

That's why you always risk the same amount in every trade. For example, if you always risk 2% of your capital in every trade. A 60% win rate is more than enough to get consistent profits, especially if you always have a risk/reward ratio of more than 1:1. You should even aim for 1risk:2reward

> (in this case it came up)
That's what I wasn't sure about, tbqh. Usually it comes down. Thank you!

TA isn't magic, but everyone should learn about support/resistance lines. They give you a very good idea about how far the market will fall before bouncing back up.

To deny TA any time is foolish.

well I was replying to the claim that "51% accuracy == you can make bank". All I'm saying is, accuracy or win rate alone doesn't mean much. Fixed % investing doesn't outright change that either. There are ways to manage risk of course by making it a function of volatility for example and adjusting your investment % based on that. Or projecting risk/reward and comparing to realized risk/reward. And so on. But thats besides the point and doesn't make the first claim accurate.

this, also if youre trading alts without keeping your eye on the btc and eth price charts and trends then youre doing it wrong

I'm buying bitcoin at 11725.

target 12600.

stop at 11600

You dun goofed. Its going down boy.

Stop wasn't triggered just yet. Barely.

stop hittttttttt

Guys I was looking at BTC, wasn't paying attention to this. What do you faggots want again

Also this is my TA from 2 days ago

tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/N6DVTFt3-BTC-19-1-2018/

I just want you to realize what you just said was the equivalent of:

"I know exactly what's going to happen until the thing I think will happen doesn't happen, and something else happens"

Anyone who has traded long enough knows TA is a meme. "Oh look, it bounced off support for the third time, ok, I'll buy now."

>5 minutes later

"WHY DID IT DROP AGAIN AND IT BROKE SUPPORT THIS TIME? WTF!!!! OMG IT'S PLUMMETING OMG!!! MOOOOOMMMM!!!!"

You know indicators exist right? And that you should swing trade i.e. buy and hold for 1-2 weeks+