Selling at loss

Have you ever sold at a loss? Which coin was it?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes, xlm. I was naive

ethbet

tanked down to -80% below ico price, threw 5 ethers into it

managed to sneak 2.76 ethers out though before the real dump

never again

espers, bought 30 sat and sold 1 sat

No because I listened to Veeky Forums and know that even if my coin gets dumped, it will eventually reach the price I bought in again. That is unless you bought TRON, but nobody is that stupid.

you made my day. tron is such a shitcoin.

TNT. Held it for 3 months

Lmao
You hate money ?

lmao nigger faggot

obviously i made my money back with other coins, but you gotta know when to sell and move on

i dont intend to baghold for months just to regain fiat value and see everything else moon on

Vertcoin

Verge. Sold it at 8 sats bought at 13 sats. Still hate myself for that.

I was gonna say signatum but i havent sold it. Got swapped and now hoping for the best. Dont care if it takes 10 years

Yeah. Sometimes you've got to cut losses.

Of course I did... a lot of times. No point in holding if the chances of the coin continuing the downtrend are high.

Some of us started with small money, so we are running against the clock to make it. No time to lose on HODL memes.

Oh yes
Ripple was the biggest

It is always better to cut a loser than to let it drag your account value down hoping that things change someday.
Not necessarily true and the point is to avoid getting caught in the dump and becoming a backholder. For example imagine you bought bitconnect coin at $200. Good luck ever seeing that again.
And you must consider what opportunities may pass by while you leave money tied up in a losing position.

Yeah, MTL.

Sometimes you must consider to sell at a loss at look for a better entry point or find an opportunity.

Many times, got to accept a loss n move on. No point hodling a load of shit as you watch rocket ships take off all around you...

I just went long bitconnect

sold req at a loss because i bought at ico and it dropped below ico on release.

>tfw I literally just sold all my NEO, ADA, and VEN to consolidate into XLM because poorfag and realized my few hundred dollars shouldn't be spread out across like 5-6 coins

The downside? If XLM implodes I'm screwed.

SALT. I was sick of it's weakness so I sold it and bought VEN. Was a good move

Don't worry, long-term prospects (1-5 years) for XLM look okay-ish.

Sadly yes.
Confido and Bitconnect

Im such a fag, everytime I invest it turns out to be a scam

Only invested in signals from q9xXVCC
Never sold at a loss, was green during the crash

Iota, emc2, at probably canya if this goes shitter

I got DeepBrained so bad.

What are u holding right now?

BCH I wanted to buy back in the crash but the time I sold chart did a turnarround

I will learn of my mistakes and never ever sell again in a free fall, cause you cant predict the perfect timing to make those profits

>ditched neo and ven for something like XLM

brainlet.

omg
bought $100 at 13
sold it all at 7

>Bitconnect
Jesus Christ user, that's rough.

I like VEN but it was XLM or VEN and with the roadmap announcement coming out for XLM this Thursday and fairx on the way I made my choice.

Sold all my Litecoin at a loss and bought ETH with the money. Got all my money back plus some after a week! Now I'm in deep with INT. Things are looking much better!

yeah Litecoin ...... twice
i was impatient and i still hate litecoin gookcoin

SUB bought @ 2.50 sold at ~1.43. I just wanted rid of it. I'm monitoring the price closely and it's beta is launching soon.

user, do you hate easy money? If not then join.

discord dot gg/6ddqFHd

Sometimes selling at a loss isn't a bad thing. If you think the coin is going to drop lower, see an alternative that can gain you more money, or you aren't sure whether the coin will ever recover, just sell it. Accept the bad trade and move on.

Always best to take money off the table. I lost on lots of coins learning about the bouncing dead cat and the bull trap. Also learning to setup Stop Limit sells to protect a position.
Ripple ($50), WTC ($60 - held it for so long), REQ ($90) and XLM ($80). I call it the cost of opportunity as I got into other coins which made me profitable - all those coins have continued to drop.

natural selection really hates you. both of those coins had obvious signs of being scams. do some research before buying in. confido's listed devealopers weren't real people. Bitconnect was promising unsustainable gains to holders meanwhile the ceo is anonymous. obvious ponzi.

my problem isn't so much of selling at a loss, but not selling at a loss in order to rebuy even lower. Playing it "safe" in this sense is rather moronic, since it disregards what's currently going down on the fucking market.

The real question is this: Have you ever sold a coin, realized it was still growing and bought back in higher than you sold it?

I sold at a loss i boght back in higher x38 in a month

SingularityNET fucking dump.

BCC. Yup, I bought the ponzi in spite of the evidence. I’m a fucking retard. I had about $1400 in there, sold everything on HitBTC for like $60 when all was said and done. I wanted out as fast as possible. Lesson learned.

Currently starting that pile over again, in XRB right now. Thank god for diversification.

APPC and BAT, niggercoins lol >:(

Yes I’ve done it several times with ETH. Just lost five or six coins in the dip.

notice how noone took your bait?

>tfw I literally just sold all my NEO

Oh boy your really fucked up.

>and VEN

You really really fucked up.

I had to pick one, I don't have the money to spread across all three.

Personally I think if you have $1000 you should be spreading it out a little. This is coming from a borderline gambling addict.

Safex

I plan on spreading it out more when I get paid this coming Friday, but for now I have to work with what I've got. I think I'll go into NEO next instead of VEN, feels like I already missed the bus on VEN anyway.

NEO is would be my pick as well. Potential 1k+ eoy.

Yes, unfortunately.

Don't reproduce.

CanYa

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CANYA

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

No, but i sold my bags of ETH for LTC right before the LTC bullrun and just hold onto it for ETH to then surpass LTC in terms of profitability. Should have exchanged back to ETH to bank the profit, but didn't.

Just fucking hodl.

Yea bitcoin ironically.

>$100
no one cares

Minereum.

>Ripple ($50), WTC ($60 - held it for so long), REQ ($90) and XLM ($80).
I can't believe this faggot seriously tries to give advice when he swings like 10 bucks

I bought SALT during its initial pump when it first came out at about $7. I sold at a 50% loss. You know what would have happened if I just held? Couldve made at least x2.
so just fucking hold retards.

Well I bought ltc for 30 a coin in March sold just a few days ago for 160 each. I kinda lost money but I am tired of ltc.

Constantly. Sell at -5%, rebuy at -30%, gain 120%.
Red isn't your enemy. Emotions are.

Yep CND I bought at 380 sat and sold at 330 cause I thought pajeet dumped on me. Missed my chance at a 10x.

Now I don't do it any more.

>Have you ever sold at a loss?
Yes

>Which coin was it?
All of them

SUB cause you faggots fudded it hard while the whole market was dipping

first 2 months in crypto I was a weakhanded little baby and didn't realize the true volatility of crypto, so I sold at a loss a few times on LTC, ETH, and XLM. Only lost a few hundred doing that though, but I'm still mad about it. Now I just hodl

and bch that fucking shitcoin never recovered

Sold OMG around about October for a loss. I don’t panic during dips if I understand the tech, and that’s worked out well so far...but I don’t really know and don’t care what OMG does

Ethereum. Bought at 720 and sold at 690 just before it diped to 550.
Too bad I didn't buy the dip.

OPUS. Never again.

interesting

all the time,
but it has been a good call everytime since i took it to invest in another coin that mooned
the negligible losses were offset by the gains i made flipping alt coins back to eth, im up in eth more than 4 times since end of november and just started doing trading in alt markets 2 weeks ago

Ikr. Thought the same.

in at 4, it's at 2. tempted to just recoop on ven or icx

CAN.
I'm glad I only used a tiny % of my portfolio. But still lost like 3k. My first time getting justed.

TRX. Twice. Fuck that shit.

I sold neo and req at a small loss to buy Bitcoin cash when coinbase added it. Now my bch is at a 2k - 3k unrealized loss. Seriously about to just to let it go. Worst trade ever.

at a minor loss with REQ right now. haven't sold yet. do I hold?