Do you ever take profits or keep holding forever?

Do you ever take profits or keep holding forever?

I'm thinking of taking some profits when prices go up again but I don't know what the best approach is.

Took profits to go on vacation next week

I'm holding till I reach a desired amount, on that amount I will take 30% of my accumulated stack and leave the rest.

I'm holding until crypto is the normal way to pay in society

This

Good luck with that.

Bought 70 ETH at $50 a pc back in march and pulled out my initial investment and 100% profit back in June. Yeah I could have 70k right now and I'm a little sad about that but I have no money invested in cryptos and still have over 50k worth of free money

What if your crypto is the wrong one?

Yes
If you’re not taking profit you’re getting conned. I pity those who will hold to the bitter end and watch their gains deteriorate because they fell for a meme.

tax

Yeah, this now needs to be considered as well. Depending on country, it can mean a 30-50% mandatory loss.

How do I pull maybe $15k or so without getting raped by taxes?
Sell to boomers on craigslist?

local bitcoins local monero.

i 'reinvest' my 'profits'

What if the taxmen ask me to show them my binance account? It has all my deposit/ withdrawal history. So they know if I send btc to localbitcoins

Make other account.

There's no wrong crypto when REQ is just around the corner

Where did those coins come from?
When the IRS is on your ass, you have to show them the whole trail from fiat to crypto.
If you can't, then someone gave you the stuff as a gift, which is also taxable above a certain point, at least in my country.

I'm not going to let taxes scare me from securing gains.

In this market is it better to just cash out when you hit minor moons (20-30%) and then just reinvest when the price settles down again? I want to just hold, but I'm getting pretty tired of this shit.

Bought XRP at 1.49, should’ve taken a profit ffs

Nah I just put it in risky blockchain RPG startups.