Why do boomers hate crypto so much?

Why do boomers hate crypto so much?

If you didn't understand technology and someone told you an unknown guy made a currency that is now worth $13,000 you'd think it was a massive scam too.

Because hacking is portrayed as trivial keyboard bashing on their television shows which has resulted in old people having a deep lack of trust in computers.

My dad is a boomer and he put $2k into BTC a year ago.

>you will never have a pale white married-virgin wife which takes care of your children and household

They've spent their lives making 4% on index funds and think everyone should suffer the same

We fear that which we do not understand.

this unironically

Of course. Only virgin white girl wife material is meant for Chad. betas get the roasties.

Because they have enough life experience to recognize an ongoing penny stock scam when they see one, unlike millennial shitcoiner retards

can't work da compooota

Cause its fucking hard to explain.

>So what is it?
>Well its kind of a p2p payment system with an open ledger.
>Who uses it and for what.
> Well mainly people buying drugs and CP for now bu..
>what?!
>Its going to be the future.
>How much is it?
>Its around 13000 now but it was close to 20000 a few months back.
>Sounds like a terrible imvestment.
>No you see because it will go back up.
>Why?
>............

you know how for the last 10 or so years millennials have hated boomers because the job market has sucked but boomers could get a house salary with a firm handshake? it's kind of like a reverse of that. it's just basic jealousy for the fact that they didn't get the chance to get rich young (and also missed the same chance as it was happening when they were old). I just tell them "just mine bitcoin with your PC, that's all I had to do back when I got mine"

yes but if you joined the penny stock scam early and sold before the bubble burst, you made a ton of money...

You know why it's hard to explain? Because anyone who hasn't fried their brain huffing petrol can tell you that it makes zero logical sense.

Hahahahahah look kids a nocoiner in his natural habitat. Don't worry, it's more afraid of you than you are of it.

theyve been around previous buzz new fangled things only filled with hot air before and know to stay out.

especially the virgin part

Exactly, I always told them that internet thing would never go anywhere but they didn't listen.

They had the 80s stock market.
The savvy investors of that generation definitely bought into Bitcoin.

Everyone else is an armchair expert.

exactly

Boomers are the same generation that wrote themselves pensions by selling our their children, so I don't really give a shit what they hate desu. Worthless fucking generation that handed the West to the left, invaders, and debt.

My dad is 75 and made 50k in 2017 (btc, xmr, ltc). My mother (74) is ok too (2,5 btc, plans to improve the family house). I don't get your point OP. Bankers and people in positions of power hate crypto, not boomers.

>white
>brown eyes and hair
Keep your subhumans, we true whites only take the finest blue eyed blonde aryans as wife because we deserve only the best

I tried to explain to my dad what Bitcoin is. He would just constantly say "but who owns it" or "but where is your money". They don't understand. I tried to explain it, but he spent his whole life doing back breaking work. His mouth just hangs open the second I try to explain hashing.

They don’t as much as you think. There is this bias among young crypto users that anyone who isn’t hardcore bullish is old. That’s false.
He’s right you know. You should be able to explain truly good ideas in 90 seconds or less without difficulty. If you can’t do it, you probably haven’t researched enough. If you’ve researched and still can’t do it, the concept is probably shit.
And also this. These guys watched people do the same exact shit they’re doing now back in the 80s, 90s, and again in 2007. If this is your first bubble or you were a child in the housing bust you just don’t have the same perspective. There are certain behaviors which are always repeated in bubbles and are currently present in crypto.

Because they're pissed off that we're not gonna buy their stock bags, coupled with achieving a net worth similar to theirs in months what it took their whole life to achieve.

2 things I can think of.

Lack of knowledge

and the fact that they think some neet making a million dollars in his room SHOULDNT be possible. Theyve been told all their lives to work hard, to invest their meagre savings into something with 4% growth, and it kind of triggers them to hear that their entire lifes savings was obtained in a week by some neet.

They dont like that its not physical and they struggle with simple tech anyways.

Have you considered that perhaps they were once young and thinking the same thing while participating in bubbles?

POST ANOTHER PHOTO

boomers don't hate crypto, thats just a meme for cryptobrainlets so they have someone to blame when things go south. Its like when everyone blames shilling to pajeets when in reality most of them are actually chinks

pretty obvious op.

boomers have no fucking idea how to use technology and cant understand it. its basically FOMO that they have no control over whatsoever.

underrated post

who's the whore?

I want to fuck Soe, if you know what I mean.

hotcphl

>no really dad, it was created by some jap who we think is probably dead now. It's a money based on math backed by nothing. People bought drugs with it a few years ago, so now it's worth tens of thousands of dollars.
Makes perfect sense.

Boomers survive by stealing money and resources from younger generations. If something comes along that threatens that dynamic, it's a huge threat to them.

it's scary
those darn millennials are making money off it

You can’t make sense to these people

>Based on math
>The usd is based on trust
Pick one, grandpa.