Let’s talk diversification

How diversified is TOO diversified? How many cryptos are you rolling with at any given time?

portfolio worth $13k and i'm in 5 coins, would rather be in 3-4

I wouldn't invest in more than 5 different cryptos if you want to make it without having a 100k portfolio to start with.

The less money you have, the less diversification you should have if you want huge gains.

I always all in, because all cryptos are tied to btc and diversifying in crypto is stupid af. It only protects you against exit scams, which dont occur in top 50 coins.

$60K portfolio spread among 4 coins. I'm going to add another coin into the fold once tax season is over.

1-2 coins before 5 figures, 2-4 coins before 6 figures, 4-8 coins before 7 figures.

Holy shit, do kids really fill their portfolios with scams that are literally only shilled/spammed on this board? Is OP's pic bait? Do people link to here on Facebook or something. Serious question.

I have a portfolio of a million and only hold 3 coins + a small ICO investment I'm waiting on. I'll be holding 5-6 coins once I've executed my mid-term trading plan but on the whole diversification is a meme. Do solid fundamental research and trust it, go hard or go home.

>newcoiners think having this shitcoin and this shitcoin is diversification

That's not how it works

What you should be doing is diversifying your revenue streams to account for things outside of crypto. Like starting actual businesses.

There’s no such thing. If any of your shit coins blow up you’ll be glad you held on to them. Don’t sell.

portfolios worth about $120k and im holding 9-10 shitcoins at any given time

honestly its a bit annoying because if markets start tanking it takes some work to try and convert/sell everything on various exchanges especially if transaction times are slow. Have been thinking more and more about consolidating into 2-4 coins/tokens max just to make things more manageable

Pretty much yeah, only people here are retarded enough to buy VEN, NEO and BTC.

But it makes them feel pro.

I just went through my holdings

I have ~950k in the market across 30 coins.

however i have 70% in my hold coins - XLM, ETH, NEO, BTC and VEN.

I don't like holding this many, but I don't want to miss out on the next Ethereum like I did in 2014-2017.

what coins do you hold user

The main thing that spurred me to diversify is that I simply don't know how the chinese market will work and they will be gigantic in crypto

my diversification is more along the lines of markets and countries rather than tech or applications

I hold the holy trinity of ICX (76%) VEN and LINK. I'm waiting on the Jibrel ICO to release and am going to reinvest a portion into Wanchain when it hits exchanges assuming it isn't overvalued at the start.

>Jibrel
you're not american or you use a VPN?

Nup I'm an ausfag

The more you diversify the more you are just going to follow the crypto market. Which could still be like 10-100x over a year if you pick good coins. Remember that a lot of the market can become shitcoins like bitconnect and dogecoin, avoiding just the crashes on those coins means you will significantly beat the market even if you are holding a lot of different coins. Only holding 1-5 coins is very risky but could potentially give you much higher gains in shorter amounts of time. But you could also get absolutely rekt. I think if you have more than $100k it makes sense to diversify, and if you have more like $10k or less its better to in on moonshots to get you up to $100+.

100k portfolio in 37 coins, IDGAF. Nothing in anything top 10. Bought every last one on Ether Delta. Whose else is /overdiversified/? not to say I'm doing it right but, I've had about 12 1,000%-4,000% gainers.

Went in start of december, overdiversified like a retard in 10 coins, managed to narrow it down to 4 coins by trading little by little between them. Got a bigger stack cuz of that.

7.7k folio and in 19 coins

lmao

So what are the 5-6 coins you aim on holding & in what proportion?

i have like 15 and i think is too much, though some of them are just test things with small amounts

not sure if serious...

of all the coins on OPs folio you could have slated, the 3 that came to mind were NEO, VEN and BTC...

y tho?

I'm going to keep all of my ICX because that is guaranteed profits over the rest of the year and will buy me a few investment properties. I'll sell a third of my VEN for Wanchain if it opens low enough, leaving me still with a VEN strength node when mainnet releases. Hopefully my Wanchain will multiply a few times and then I'll be free to reinvest some profits from there in a low-cap moon mission which I'll identify at the time to keep life interesting - I could just increase my Jibrel ICO stack if that looks the goods too.

Oh and I'll keep holding my LINK to the grave because I bought that shit at ICO and I've been through too much.

i put $100 on every coin

as my port was initially $20,000, i have like 200 coins

but, some mooned so now i have more money but im not disclosing it

OP you’re a fucking idiot. You will never make it. God look at that spread. Loser.

I haven't seen any evidence here that anyone posting is especially knowledgable about this or that coin. I see portfolios posted of people who 'made it' and it's usually one coin that rocketed to a buck after they bought it for penny. What did that person know more than you?

The fact is -- what are your actual advantages? The biggest advantage that people here seem to have is an understanding of the difference between a coin and a shitcoin. There are a lot of coins with solid teams that are trading at < 50M market cap. So just by avoiding complete shit coins, you should have a long-term advantage over the average investor, aka 'normie.'
Given that, however, you still don't know *which* of the solid coins with relatively low market cap are going to go to a billion dollars. If you put all your money in one or two of them, you're playing the lottery again, though with better odds than putting all your money into a shitcoin. But if you diversify amongst *all* the coins you think are solid - yeah, it's unlikely that they'll all moon. But some of them will and you'll catch a piece of those.
If I were a poor 20 something with $5K to invest, I'd rather a 25% chance at getting it to $50K than a 1% chance at getting to $500K. $50K will change the lives of many of the people here.
For the record, I have invested in about 20 coins spread evenly between high and low market cap coins, also diversified by type and nationality. The one thing in common is that all the coins have serious teams behind them. That's my advantage.

Why do you want more money user? Cash out and live life.

cashing out means that
>1. i take like 40% hit in taxes
>2. i miss out on the future of crypto

and i have a profession that i love that i'll be in my whole life which pays well enough, so I don't need to cash out to "escape" work really

i just want to hit a few million so i can cash out, still have a mil in crypto and invest in some other things like real estate

You can't cash out and live comfortably on a million if you're still young. I want at least 5 million in non-crypto investments before I start doing things with little regard for money.

If you've got most of your money in crypto you're not diversified. True diversification is keeping your wealth in a variety of asset classes.

Too diverse would probably be around 30.

One user had 21 different coins and although that seems like a lot they were all good projects.

401ks default to 90% stocks 10% bonds

that's like saying that's not diversified

crypto is the modern day stocks - if you're under 35 and not mostly in crypto it's as stupid as going 90% bond 10% stocks 10 years ago in a 401k when you're young.

best post here
i have a spread between maybe 15 coins and my portfolio went 500% in 2 months, which is insane money compared to the stock market. Its no moon mission but its sure money with way less risk cause everything is hedged.

And if you're not retarded only 10-15 % of ur entire portfolio is actualy crypto and the rest is more classic forms of investment.

>And if you're not retarded only 10-15 % of ur entire portfolio is actualy crypto and the rest is more classic forms of investment.
Most of us here only have like 100k and are suicidal young men... pretty sure we need to go all-in crypto to become millionaires before we are 30.

We are going to end up killing ourselves anyway.

Neo 20%
Link 17%
Eth 16%
Req 13%
Xmr 6%
Ven 5%
Qsp 4%
Xlm 4%
Omg 3%
Icx 3%
Kin 3%
Mod 3%
Wabi 2%

Around 160k. Am I too diversified?

>And if you're not retarded only 10-15 % of ur entire portfolio is actualy crypto and the rest is more classic forms of investment.

Yeah nah. As long as you have enough to get by if the market crashes to nothing, go balls deep in crypto unless you're a spineless faggot who is never going to make it. YOLO so become rich.

90% index funds = diversified my man

do you have SNC in your portfolio?

diversifying your cytpo is the closest we have to index funds

I think you will not multiply your money on top 100 coins. If you want big gains you need to buy coins with less 10 mil market cap or ICOs

I did some big moves in december when everything was mooning but now I am thinking about plating safe with small cap coins that will do 10x

8 coins, 1.5k USD.

these idiots will be pink wojaks soon

Ok interesting. So I'm curious now tho, how bigs your stack of link??;)

but why, user?

87.8k LINK ;)

God damn it lol 35k never felt so small

but how can I purchase a turnkey business where I can trade crypto in the backroom.. without first risking my meager wagecuck earnings?

Diversifie in crypto makes no sense, only jump on the trendy thing all in makes sense, TRX VEN etcetc... and jump out as fast as you can till next coin pump.

they're not diversified. risk way too high

what if i'm trying to build a small account?

Get out of Dent I'll you still can

good point. that's the only exception. once you have a sizeable investment then you need to start looking at minimizing risk tho

No, but I'll take a look now.

I'm all in on Vechain but I'm only at 1.5k. If I can get to the 20k mark Ill start thinking about diversifying