Taking a break from crypto

I'm buying a house.

Trying to figure out if I should buy a really nice house in a somewhat shitty but seemingly gentrifying neighborhood ($400k), or buy a decent but smaller house for more money ($500k) in a better neighborhood with more white folk.

Thoughts from current home owners?

Other urls found in this thread:

zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Fort-Wayne-IN/pmf,pf_pt/2133957208_zpid/18170_rid/globalrelevanceex_sort/41.307987,-84.774628,40.85563,-85.512772_rect/10_zm/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you have the opputunity to buy a house why arent you buying many acres in rural zones for the same price?

I just recently bought a nicely renovated house with great touches. Unfortunately it's in an up and coming neighborhood, so while there are a good amount of houses getting flipped and sold to non poor folks, it's gonna take some time for the neighborhood to price out all the poor nogs. So far I like it, as Im really close to nice areas and have a great house for a low price. And I think my value will really skyrocket as these clips continually up the neighborhood value

wait for the housing bubble to pop

Grew up with real estate parents. They always would say buy the shitty house in the nice neighborhood. Never buy the nicest house on the block.

Buy a house in the countryside so you don't have to deal with niggers.

because I need a place to live, not farmland.

I agree.

Buy a house near a costco. They spend millions of dollars yearly searching for neighborhoods that are good for middle class families.

I like this as a general rule... Where I live, though, so much new construction is going up - like one block I looked at yesterday about 70% of the block had new houses which will all probably sell for $400k+, the other 30% were shitboxes which probably sold for $150k or less. This is very common in a lot of neighborhoods currently. To be perfectly frank, the "nice" neighborhoods I can afford to live in were shithole neighborhoods just 3-5 years ago. Now everything there goes for $500-600k+

You can change the house, not the neighborhood

I live near a Costco now. Can't afford to buy here, though I would love to. Only one neighborhood is developing near me w/ price efficient homes & they're all built like garbage.

always go with the better neighborhood. You buy a 400k house in a neighborhood infested with wild niggers, and you'll have to defend that thing like the alamo.
On top of that, do you really want your family or future family growing up surrounded by anything other than respectable people?

Why not user?

why?

Not him but my parents did that and the house is unsellable due to price paid and location.

these fucking virgins screaming about neighborhoods. you bet someone would rob these pasty nerds because they grew up in a gated community and cant handle confrontation.

lol... yeaaaaaa... I guess this is true.

From a space perspective the things I've seen which are affordable for me in nicer hoods are a little tight. Can probably make it work but if we have another kid (we have one now), we'd be in trouble. That's a fear of mine as well.

FML, I got priced out of NYC, left there, and now the city I moved to has gotten like 20-30% more expensive in the last 2 years..

If it has a costco within 10 miles it's good. They look for things like projected growth.

It's like Crypto actually. Buying a house near upcoming Costco is like searching for low marketcap moons.

Yeah I know. Why the fuck would anyone want to live in a safe community full of neighborly people hahaha

where the fuck do you live where you can get a house for under 500k? California is like 1 mil minimum for a small house. WTF

most likely to lose value

>living in California
Well I guess thats okay. Considering how all the retards live there

There are plenty of decent cities with affordable houses.

Portalnd OR
Atlanta GA
Seattle WA (though that's getting higher)
Nashville TN
Charlotte NC

There are others. I know how you feel. I left NY because real estate was just ridiculous, and I realized I didn't need to live there to be happy.

This, its an age old truth

Nice area, but try and get a house with land to the side so you can extend it for a lot more space.

I picked a fairly cheapish house with a lot of land on the side to extend out onto. It's now worth a lot more than I paid for it because it now has a big extension slapped on it.

FORT WAYNE, IN.

Here's what 300k gets you zillow.com/homes/for_sale/Fort-Wayne-IN/pmf,pf_pt/2133957208_zpid/18170_rid/globalrelevanceex_sort/41.307987,-84.774628,40.85563,-85.512772_rect/10_zm/

Dont live near non-whites
This is a no brainer

BTFO

Because you are not only looking for a place to live but also an appreciating investment. Typically nice neighborhoods remain nice 10-15 years down the line. The "up and coming" neighborhood could just remain a shithole especially if the housing market starts to dip. The way I understand the whole "never buy the nicest house on the block" statement is with less improvments on the house to be made that will increase the value of the house substantially there is less room for profit.

Fuck all those cities you listed have terrible weather. Seattle? rains like a majority of the year. Portland? Super windy and cold. FML its either I pay 1 mil for a shithouse in Cali for the nice sun or live miserably wearing trenchcoats rainjackets and boots and umbrellas 70% of the year. at least NYC has a lot of shit to do. FML FML

yeah lol, just confront the nigger with the gun. Are you scared of a little human contact? haha

>going outside
Fuck off normie.

take Portland off of your faggot list. Its fucking full and I seriously mean it. All of the cali fags and the rest of the shit country in general all decided to move here within the last 5 years. There is bumper to bumper traffic at all hours of all days, the housing market is hyper inflated as fuck, and I'm starting to see nigs on a regular basis now. Do not move to Portland, don't even visit.

did you cash out?

>a better neighborhood with more white folk.
>not that long ago there wasn't even such a thing as a non-white neighbourhood in my country
>mfw now there is

nice cherry-picking the only 2 on his list with shitty rainy weather

NC and (non-northern) VA are god-tier 4 seasons states with low cost of living.

Any non shithole for roughly 100k at least 900sqft 2bd? A place with no more than 20% blacks.

I want to cash out my gains. Buying outright because I can't get a mortgage due to no employment history.

I was thinking of Gaithersburg MD. 20% blacks 35% whites and 25/25 hispanics/Asians. A little too diverse for me but beggars can't be choosers.

What are your needs? Are you gonna live alone?
If you're going to live alone, don't buy a house, buy a studio for yourself and buy another apartment that you can lend out to people or on airbnb.

Just go farther out to be with all the whites

I want to live right outside dc in a nice condo though. No reason for a house

Does it half to be in that region? You can find a plethora of houses fitting that criteria in northern New England. All in towns that are 90%+ White.

Bought a 2000SF house on 5 acres in Northern Maine for $120K

*have, im a dummy

1) Don't live around mudskins
2) Be happy

Ho ly S H I T

I live in Northern NJ (near NYC) and 300k would get you jack shit-- probably a tiny fucking 1-2 bedroom apartment. God why am I still here?

Lmfao for like 30k more than that house you could get 2 fuckin rooms in a giant complex filled with other generic box rooms. Why am I even here anymore